Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Dear [Chat]y

1444547495062

Posts

  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ugh i dont wanna go to work

    i still need to shower and go

    bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    I feel like this every day.

    Mostly because I'm lazy.

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I like Joan in a crisis. She always snaps too and gets things done.

    electricitylikesme on
  • EchoEcho mod Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Hooray, javascript injection attack via the Twitter web interface. Good job not sanitizing stuff, Twitter.

    Echo on
    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    tumblr_l7rvdqs0Xv1qzeucjo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1285156876&Signature=xoONKzoF2gkn%2BbLP8l4p1OC0Fgk%3D

    Yeah bitch god saved you but not the thousands of children starving to death or people murdered or other people who died from cancer or heart disease or drunk drivers or just general blood loss.

    You selfish, ignorant, narcissist.

    Yeah! Fuck you for having faith in something that makes dealing with a really fucked up situation easier on you, you ignorant cunt!

    Actually, yeah. Having faith in the idea god is totally on your side and not on the side of the dirty brown people is bullshit.

    Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Hooray, javascript injection attack via the Twitter web interface. Good job not sanitizing stuff, Twitter.

    Good job not using Twitter, Arch!

    Arch on
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Actually, yeah. Having faith in the idea god is totally on your side and not on the side of the dirty brown people is bullshit.

    You're right.

    How does that apply here?

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Actually, yeah. Having faith in the idea god is totally on your side and not on the side of the dirty brown people is bullshit.

    You're right.

    How does that apply here?

    "God saved me personally but not the thousands of others of people who suffer everyday!"

    That's how.

    Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think your mofos read waaaaaay too much in the FB status of someone who's just happy to still be alive. It makes you come off as gigantic assholes and sourpusses.

    Aldo on
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Actually, yeah. Having faith in the idea god is totally on your side and not on the side of the dirty brown people is bullshit.

    You're right.

    How does that apply here?

    "God saved me personally but not the thousands of others of people who suffer everyday!"

    That's how.

    Interesting. I don't see that written anywhere on that image.

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • SmurphSmurph regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Actually, yeah. Having faith in the idea god is totally on your side and not on the side of the dirty brown people is bullshit.

    You're right.

    How does that apply here?

    "God saved me personally but not the thousands of others of people who suffer everyday!"

    That's how.

    The woman didn't say that though. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. I think you're putting words in her mouth.

    Smurph on
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Smurph wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Actually, yeah. Having faith in the idea god is totally on your side and not on the side of the dirty brown people is bullshit.

    You're right.

    How does that apply here?

    "God saved me personally but not the thousands of others of people who suffer everyday!"

    That's how.

    The woman didn't say that though. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. I think you're putting words in her mouth.

    In fact, if you want to run wild with interpretations pulled straight from anal cavities, I think she now has seen the glory of her faith and wants to spread that by helping those less fortunate!

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    I think your mofos read waaaaaay too much in the FB status of someone who's just happy to still be alive. It makes you come off as gigantic assholes and sourpusses.

    Seriously, the only remotely negative thought I got out of that status was "Well it was kind of the doctors who saved you."

    And then I felt kind of like a goose.

    Rear Admiral Choco on
    2WJtdLD.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    I think your mofos read waaaaaay too much in the FB status of someone who's just happy to still be alive. It makes you come off as gigantic assholes and sourpusses.

    Seriously, the only remotely negative thought I got out of that status was "Well it was kind of the doctors who saved you."

    And then I felt kind of like a goose.

    I don't think that is a really goosey thing to say or think, but at the same time I realize that religious faith can help someone get through things.

    And also the doctors themselves probably said the same thing, I would bet money on it.

    Arch on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I read that and was all o_O because I could never imagine someone posting something like that here

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    but still she should think through that it was god who made her bleed uncontrollably only to make it stop again

    he's just messing with us

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • SmurphSmurph regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Maaan I was supposed to go to the gym yesterday but my cat puked on my bed, so I had to deal with that instead unless I wanted to sleep in cat puke. Fucking cats are assholes.

    Smurph on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Actually, yeah. Having faith in the idea god is totally on your side and not on the side of the dirty brown people is bullshit.

    You're right.

    How does that apply here?

    "God saved me personally but not the thousands of others of people who suffer everyday!"

    That's how.

    Interesting. I don't see that written anywhere on that image.

    Maybe I'm just jealous because god saved her and not my mother who wasted away and died of cancer because god decided not to perform miracles for her?

    Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • EchoEcho mod Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    I want this.

    The shirt, not the girl.

    OK, the girl too.

    Hip-Hip-Array_4080-l.jpg

    Echo on
    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    I think your mofos read waaaaaay too much in the FB status of someone who's just happy to still be alive. It makes you come off as gigantic assholes and sourpusses.

    Seriously, the only remotely negative thought I got out of that status was "Well it was kind of the doctors who saved you."

    And then I felt kind of like a goose.

    I don't think that is a really goosey thing to say or think, but at the same time I realize that religious faith can help someone get through things.

    And also the doctors themselves probably said the same thing, I would bet money on it.

    I'm of the opinion that the idea the people who thank god for their recovery don't also realize the doctors did the work is a pretty common strawman used for LOLFaith purposes.

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Actually, yeah. Having faith in the idea god is totally on your side and not on the side of the dirty brown people is bullshit.

    You're right.

    How does that apply here?

    "God saved me personally but not the thousands of others of people who suffer everyday!"

    That's how.

    Interesting. I don't see that written anywhere on that image.

    Maybe I'm just jealous because god saved her and not my mother who wasted away and died of cancer because god decided not to perform miracles for her?

    Well, is it really this woman's fault? It's okay to be angry about something like that, but to take it out on others is not.

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pros to sleeping more than 5 hours in one night:

    More well rested, able to wake up easier

    Cons to sleeping more than 5 hours in one night:

    Didn't get to stay up and do things I wanted to do
    My back aches like crazy

    Overall, I don't know whether it was positive or negative

    Arch on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Actually, yeah. Having faith in the idea god is totally on your side and not on the side of the dirty brown people is bullshit.

    You're right.

    How does that apply here?

    "God saved me personally but not the thousands of others of people who suffer everyday!"

    That's how.

    Interesting. I don't see that written anywhere on that image.

    Maybe I'm just jealous because god saved her and not my mother who wasted away and died of cancer because god decided not to perform miracles for her?

    fun exercise: Try asking a christian why god let her die like that and watch them squirm trying to avoid the "her faith wasn't strong enough" or "she's a sinner"

    if someone actually says one of those my respect for them would actually grow

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • LeitnerLeitner regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Smurph wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Actually, yeah. Having faith in the idea god is totally on your side and not on the side of the dirty brown people is bullshit.

    You're right.

    How does that apply here?

    "God saved me personally but not the thousands of others of people who suffer everyday!"

    That's how.

    The woman didn't say that though. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. I think you're putting words in her mouth.

    They are actually.

    Pretty basic tbh.

    Leitner on
  • PreacherPreacher regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wow this is the gossiest goose whoever honked and goosed. Woman of faith believes her god saved her, chatters inconsolable.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well I mean of course it was the doctors who saved her, but it probably helps her to think that it was an act of god. Taking that away from someone feels like a shitty thing to do.

    Rear Admiral Choco on
    2WJtdLD.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    I think your mofos read waaaaaay too much in the FB status of someone who's just happy to still be alive. It makes you come off as gigantic assholes and sourpusses.

    Seriously, the only remotely negative thought I got out of that status was "Well it was kind of the doctors who saved you."

    And then I felt kind of like a goose.

    I don't think that is a really goosey thing to say or think, but at the same time I realize that religious faith can help someone get through things.

    And also the doctors themselves probably said the same thing, I would bet money on it.

    I'm of the opinion that the idea the people who thank god for their recovery don't also realize the doctors did the work is a pretty common strawman used for LOLFaith purposes.

    I don't think it is a strawman at all; but then again I grew up surrounded by all the LOLfaith stereotypes.

    Like I said, my fiancee's astronomy teacher in high school didn't believe the big bang was real.

    Arch on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Damn it, I have Castle and Chuck to watch tonight. Civ5 unlocks in a few hours and I have an M&M game tonight. Doh! Damn you Tuesdays! Damn you to hell!

    Thomamelas on
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Actually, yeah. Having faith in the idea god is totally on your side and not on the side of the dirty brown people is bullshit.

    You're right.

    How does that apply here?

    "God saved me personally but not the thousands of others of people who suffer everyday!"

    That's how.

    Interesting. I don't see that written anywhere on that image.

    Maybe I'm just jealous because god saved her and not my mother who wasted away and died of cancer because god decided not to perform miracles for her?

    fun exercise: Try asking a christian why god let her die like that and watch them squirm trying to avoid the "her faith wasn't strong enough" or "she's a sinner"

    if someone actually says one of those my respect for them would actually grow

    That's not what someone who would answer that question believes, though (necessarily).

    Often it's, "God took her because her work for him here was done".

    Which I'll grant is a bit tough to believe if you don't also have the faith that comes with that belief... but to assume that anyone who believes in god is also a spiteful person who deep down thinks people die young because their faith wasn't strong enough is a bit of a stretch in the majority of cases.

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    I think your mofos read waaaaaay too much in the FB status of someone who's just happy to still be alive. It makes you come off as gigantic assholes and sourpusses.

    All I'm saying is that it's her fault - none of this [chat] negativity would have happened if she had have died.

    Apothe0sis on
    Tide goes in. Tide goes out.
    Es-annon NEVA 4GET
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If I'm talking to someone and they go all "yeah I was really sick but then god saved me. God is so good!"

    I would back slowly away

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well I mean of course it was the doctors who saved her, but it probably helps her to think that it was an act of god. Taking that away from someone feels like a shitty thing to do.

    This part is the part.

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • PreacherPreacher regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Damn it, I have Castle and Chuck to watch tonight. Civ5 unlocks in a few hours and I have an M&M game tonight. Doh! Damn you Tuesdays! Damn you to hell!

    Castle was so good, like a fudge sunday with extra whip cream awesome.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Damn it, I have Castle and Chuck to watch tonight. Civ5 unlocks in a few hours and I have an M&M game tonight. Doh! Damn you Tuesdays! Damn you to hell!

    Castle isn't that good, man.

    I mean... I like Nathan Fillion, but what's-her-butt is a terrible actress, and the writing is cliché at best.

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Actually, yeah. Having faith in the idea god is totally on your side and not on the side of the dirty brown people is bullshit.

    You're right.

    How does that apply here?

    "God saved me personally but not the thousands of others of people who suffer everyday!"

    That's how.

    Interesting. I don't see that written anywhere on that image.

    Maybe I'm just jealous because god saved her and not my mother who wasted away and died of cancer because god decided not to perform miracles for her?

    fun exercise: Try asking a christian why god let her die like that and watch them squirm trying to avoid the "her faith wasn't strong enough" or "she's a sinner"

    if someone actually says one of those my respect for them would actually grow

    That's not what someone who would answer that question believes, though (necessarily).

    Often it's, "God took her because her work for him here was done".

    Which I'll grant is a bit tough to believe if you don't also have the faith that comes with that belief... but to assume that anyone who believes in god is also a spiteful person who deep down thinks people die young because their faith wasn't strong enough is a bit of a stretch in the majority of cases.

    how is that spiteful?

    I somehow feel that not believing that is just weaseling out of it

    bad things do happen and god is responsible, you can't get around that fact unless you're saying god isn't omnipotent

    if you acknowledge it, then good

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • PreacherPreacher regular Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Damn it, I have Castle and Chuck to watch tonight. Civ5 unlocks in a few hours and I have an M&M game tonight. Doh! Damn you Tuesdays! Damn you to hell!

    Castle isn't that good, man.

    I mean... I like Nathan Fillion, but what's-her-butt is a terrible actress, and the writing is cliché at best.

    If I was a mod I'd ban you forever for that... FOREVER!

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Whenever some of you guys start bashing religion and faith, it doesn't even make me angry. Really it just makes me kinda go LOL angsty college students who think they know everything.

    I know that is, or is dangerously close to being anti-intellectual, but lets face it, some people here are walking parodies.

    Ludious on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Damn it, I have Castle and Chuck to watch tonight. Civ5 unlocks in a few hours and I have an M&M game tonight. Doh! Damn you Tuesdays! Damn you to hell!

    Castle isn't that good, man.

    I mean... I like Nathan Fillion, but what's-her-butt is a terrible actress, and the writing is cliché at best.

    You say the wrongest things. Seriously. Even Rust wouldn't have this opinion.

    Thomamelas on
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    how is that spiteful?

    I somehow feel that not believing that is just weaseling out of it

    bad things do happen and god is responsible, you can't get around that fact unless you're saying god isn't omnipotent

    if you acknowledge it, then good

    But it's not the case that people believe God doesn't let bad things happen.

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm sorry guys. I want to like Castle... I just can't...

    Chanus on
    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    If I'm talking to someone and they go all "yeah I was really sick but then god saved me. God is so good!"

    I would back slowly away

    I would initially go with the "But he let you get sick first, right? Sounds like mee grob to me."

    Apothe0sis on
    Tide goes in. Tide goes out.
    Es-annon NEVA 4GET
This discussion has been closed.