As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dear [Chat]y

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't like castle or any show with an actor that has whedon taint all over it. I felt like wretching when Charisma Carpenter was in a few eps of Legend of the Seeker (hurr hurr that show was bad anyways..eh. I liked it. Had the Hercules/Xena vibe.)

Ludious on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I do agree that some of the criticism here is a little overboard

I mean that woman probably isn't even thinking about all the other people who are suffering

It would be cool if she had thought through her beliefs more but whatever

it doesn't make her a horrible person

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    I don't like castle or any show with an actor that has whedon taint all over it. I felt like wretching when Charisma Carpenter was in a few eps of Legend of the Seeker (hurr hurr that show was bad anyways..eh. I liked it. Had the Hercules/Xena vibe.)

Legend of the Seeker was awful, man.

Like... I would go so far as to use the word "hella" to describe it as "hella bad". :P

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well I mean of course it was the doctors who saved her, but it probably helps her to think that it was an act of god. Taking that away from someone feels like a shitty thing to do.

I'm just a big ol'

grinch.jpg

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    tumblr_l7o65c7GmA1qzeucjo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1285160450&Signature=bGsS3xoqs1mItbgZiijdn%2BJxONc%3D

If this one doesn't make you LOLFaith then you are broken and should commit yourself.

Apothe0sis on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Well I mean of course it was the doctors who saved her, but it probably helps her to think that it was an act of god. Taking that away from someone feels like a shitty thing to do.

I'm just a big ol'

grinch.jpg

Well, you are green and adorable.

Chanus on
    edited September 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    how is that spiteful?

I somehow feel that not believing that is just weaseling out of it

bad things do happen and god is responsible, you can't get around that fact unless you're saying god isn't omnipotent

if you acknowledge it, then good

But it's not the case that people believe God doesn't let bad things happen.

but it is the case sometimes and it annoys me

people who have like, thought half a thought about it, yeah

I'm annoyed by people who haven't thought half a thought about it

maybe they're more common here as faith isn't a thing you really talk about

so people never really think that hard about it either

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    every time I make a post, I try to consider all the implications my words might have to a complete stranger concerning people that I hadn't thought of when making the post.

then I disregard that and post something silly.

Dunadan019 on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Like... I would go so far as to use the word "hella" to describe it as "hella bad". :P

Then you didn't like Hercules/Xena or don't like cheesy fantasy in general or whatever.

It was totally a modernized version of those shows with a license.

Ludious on
    edited September 2010
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    If I'm talking to someone and they go all "yeah I was really sick but then god saved me. God is so good!"

I would back slowly away

I would initially go with the "But he let you get sick first, right? Sounds like mee grob to me."

I would just back slowly away and then turn and run like hell

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Random teenager is disappointed by random woman's failure to share his world view.

Smurph on
    edited September 2010
    tumblr_l7o65c7GmA1qzeucjo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1285160450&Signature=bGsS3xoqs1mItbgZiijdn%2BJxONc%3D

If this one doesn't make you LOLFaith then you are broken and should commit yourself.

clearly a statue of jesus getting struck by lightning is a sign that my faith is laughable.

You are correct sirrah.

Ludious on
    edited September 2010
    Smurph wrote: »
    Random teenager is disappointed by random woman's failure to share his world view.

You just summed up the D&D echo chamber in one sentence.

Forum over.

lock it up mods.

Ludious on
    edited September 2010

Well, the first commenter definitely let slip his evil anti-brown people agenda.

Chanus on
    edited September 2010

I'm not christian

I just wish she was a better christian

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Then you didn't like Hercules/Xena or don't like cheesy fantasy in general or whatever.

It was totally a modernized version of those shows with a license.

It was all the bad things about Hercules and Xena (namely it was B-grade schlocky nonsense with increasingly bad source material).

It had none of the B-Grade schlocky charm of its predecessors.

Also the main dude was a total wang. And whenever they said "Dahken Rahl" I heard "Duck and Roll" - I considered THIS to be the high point of every episode.

Apothe0sis on
    edited September 2010

Well, the first commenter definitely let slip his evil anti-brown people agenda.

"his true believers"

he's saying Ohio is full of heretics

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2010
    how is that spiteful?

bad things do happen and god is responsible, you can't get around that fact unless you're saying god isn't omnipotent

Understanding that bad things happen even though there is a God is like... Road To Faith, Part 1.

Like... half of all parables start with "Why did God kill mah puppy?!"

Chanus on
    edited September 2010

clearly a statue of jesus getting struck by lightning is a sign that my faith is laughable.

You are correct sirrah.

Swingnamiss. Next batter up, swingbatterbatterbatter.

Apothe0sis on
    edited September 2010

"his true believers"

he's saying Ohio is full of heretics

Ohio is full of heretics.

GO BLUE!

Chanus on
    edited September 2010
    how is that spiteful?

Understanding that bad things happen even though there is a God is like... Road To Faith, Part 1.

well why did god kill my puppy?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2010
    Best TotP.

WOLVERINES!

Chanus on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I live near that Jesus statue. They're spending a few million to rebuild a bigger one, apparently not in the same "touchdown!" pose.

And in America, this is tax exempt :rotate:

TL DR on
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Yeah you got me with this one.

He 'revels' in it. I imagine him rolling around on the floor covered in butter watching Fox News and speaking in tongues.

Smurph on
    edited September 2010
    six foot jesus statue does smell of icon worship/tower of babylon stuff

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2010

He 'revels' in it. I imagine him rolling around on the floor covered in butter watching Fox News and speaking in tongues.

hahahahahahahahaoh my god

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2010
    how is that spiteful?

Probably because your puppy was a heathen little shit.

Chanus on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I live near that Jesus statue. They're spending a few million to rebuild a bigger one, apparently not in the same "touchdown!" pose.

middle 'Amurica how does it even work

nexuscrawler on
    edited September 2010
    Kagera on
    edited September 2010
    I'm kinda over Cthulhu.

Oooh... many-tentacled embodiment of pure evil! OoooooH!

Meh.

Chanus on
    edited September 2010
    how is that spiteful?

If you say this to your kid when he asks why his puppy died I will love you forever

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2010

I admit that's silly but, really, at least churches/synagogues/temples provide charity to the downtrodden etc.

I think if we're gonna go after tax sheltering bastards we need to focus less on punishing all faiths and having some sort of legal process that says "This isn't acting in good faith as a faith based organization. You lose your credentials and you owe us back taxes."

Basically I want a way to fuck over scientology.

Ludious on
    edited September 2010

Don't forget anti-gay and anti-contraception agendas.

Kagera on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Ahahahahaha
    touchdownjesus6371389.jpg

TL DR on
    edited September 2010
    how is that spiteful?

If you say this to your kid when he asks why his puppy died I will love you forever

I'll remember this.

One day, at least seven years from now, your heart will feel flush with warmth.

Chanus on
    edited September 2010

You got point 2.

Anyone with point 1?
    Some gauche statue gets hit by lightning is the same category of tragedy is systematic problems with society and massive scale death, distruction and misery of natural and human disasters. Until that point, it seems that our man was on the fence with regard to his feelings about the state of the world.

Apothe0sis on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Amercian Christians dont' do irony

nexuscrawler on
    edited September 2010

I admit that's silly but, really, at least churches/synagogues/temples provide charity to the downtrodden etc.

I think if we're gonna go after tax sheltering bastards we need to focus less on punishing all faiths and having some sort of legal process that says "This isn't acting in good faith as a faith based organization. You lose your credentials and you owe us back taxes."

or just remove the whole concept of tax exemption

it's silly

if they want a charity they can establish one

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2010

Religious institutions provide public services only as a form of advertisement for what is essentially a business.

I'd be all right with allowing charity itself to be deductible, but "communion wine so our volunteers can go to heaven" is right out.

TL DR on
    edited September 2010

Ahahahahaha
    touchdownjesus6371389.jpg

I meant to say six story

not six feet

also, love the pose

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png