As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dear [Chat]y

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Hmm, a job I expected to take my maybe an hour and a half has taken me four and a half. I need to find some lunch.

This is why I refuse to go on salary.

"Oh, I'll just fix this computer after hours... should take me about an hour" = Four hours overtime! :P

I have the best of both worlds. I'm salary AND overtime eligible. My company is awesome.

I'm the worst of both worlds! Stipend!

You should steal everything at the office. EVERYTHING.

Deebaser on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Holograms in Halo Reach are the greatest thing ever.

Nothing beats someone getting the drop on you, retreating, tossing out a hologram, and them wasting an entire magazine and melee on it while you just mow them the hell down.

I even enjoy being tricked by it myself. Elite comes with a sword comes charging for us bzzzam huh?

and then we all get dissected

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    sheeeeep

i wanna play but i am at work

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How about a game where you travel through time and take photographs of famous historical events?

You mean like Dead Rising, only with more history than the Zombie-pocalypse of 2006?

I'll take your word for it, not having a 360.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hmm, a job I expected to take my maybe an hour and a half has taken me four and a half. I need to find some lunch.

"Oh, I'll just fix this computer after hours... should take me about an hour" = Four hours overtime! :P

I have the best of both worlds. I'm salary AND overtime eligible. My company is awesome.

Too bad it's such a crappy office. I don't think paper clips and file folders go for much on ebay.

Although we do have a hefty supply of print cartridges!

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Too bad it's such a crappy office. I don't think paper clips and file folders go for much on ebay.

Those are worth some $$$$$$$!!!!!

(Seriously though, don't steal. It's wrong. Use company fancy paper to print out resumés though. :) )

Deebaser on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    *sigh* Why would someone think banging on a pipe to fix it would be a good idea at 7 in the morning?

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2010

Those are worth some $$$$$$$!!!!!

(Seriously though, don't steal. It's wrong. Use company fancy paper to print out resumés though. :) )

Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure they're for a printer we don't even have.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Well I mean of course it was the doctors who saved her, but it probably helps her to think that it was an act of god. Taking that away from someone feels like a shitty thing to do.

This part is the part.

That just makes me think of that documentary from North Korea where a doctor fixed cataracts and the patients immediately praised the Dear Leader for restoring their vision without a word of thanks to the doctors.

Echo on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    *sigh* Why would someone think banging on a pipe to fix it would be a good idea at 7 in the morning?

Clearly you don't understand pipes and their fixing.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010

You have not mastered the sacred art of Percussive Maintenance.

RMS Oceanic on
    edited September 2010
    Clearly. Now I have to decide if I should go back to bed or not, my belly is all full of eggs and potatoes.

Inquisitor on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Well I mean of course it was the doctors who saved her, but it probably helps her to think that it was an act of god. Taking that away from someone feels like a shitty thing to do.

This part is the part.

That just makes me think of that documentary from North Korea where a doctor fixed cataracts and the patients immediately praised the Dear Leader for restoring their vision without a word of thanks to the doctors.

That's North Korea, though.

Dear Leader has the power.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How about a game where you travel through time and take photographs of famous historical events while searching for a mysterious woman in a red coat?

Galahad on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    sheeeeep

Do I have you and Aby on my friends list?

Dunno if I'll be on tonight or not. I have some errands to run when I get off work.

Sheep on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was presented with a problem.

There are infinite potential hypotheses. If you falsify a set of these hypotheses, any arbitrarily large set, you still are left with infinite potential hypotheses. So how can you be getting any closer to the truth by doing so?

I'm thinking the answer has to do with bounding the set of hypotheses.

Winky on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

This part is the part.

That shit was terrifying.

'Thank you, Dear Leader, for restoring my sight so that I may mine more salt in the salt mines and increase your happiness!'

TL DR on
    edited September 2010

This part is the part.

also christians don't get shot for not thanking god

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

You have not mastered the sacred art of Percussive Maintenance.

fonz.jpg

Thomamelas on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Winky wrote: »

There are infinite potential hypotheses. If you falsify a set of these hypotheses, any arbitrarily large set, you still are left with infinite potential hypotheses. So how can you be getting any closer to the truth by doing so?

I think they're teaching you how to get federal grants for research.

Chanus on
    edited September 2010
    sheeeeep

Dunno if I'll be on tonight or not. I have some errands to run when I get off work.

I'm on your friends list and I'm off work

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    maybe they really need to take a shit

Bama on
    edited September 2010
    I like how trolling to some people means "Does not agree with me." Throwing in calling someone autistic, thats a nice touch.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    I like how trolling to some people means "Does not agree with me." Throwing in calling someone autistic, thats a nice touch.

u trollin

Chanus on
    edited September 2010

u trollin

Nah bro, u mad?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »

This part is the part.

also christians don't get shot for not thanking god
    no, they get smote

Bama on
    edited September 2010
    sheeeeep

Bummer. I was off work all day yesterday and couldn't get a single person to join up.

Granted, there were... like... two people on for most of the day.

I did satisfy the daily challenges yesterday, and in a few days I will also get the weekly one.

Sheep on
    edited September 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    How about a game where you travel through time and take photographs of famous historical events while searching for a mysterious woman in a red coat?

I was thinking more the shtick gets disrupted when you drop your camera in the past and this screws up the present, but this may be a bit too Singularitish.
    Wheeeeeeere iiiiiiis Caaaarmen Sandiego, Carmen Sandiego?

RMS Oceanic on
    edited September 2010
    my current job is rapidly making me a master at percussive maintenance

printer borked again? Remove casing, pull out a couple of bits, slam them back in, hard

compressor not working? just smack it around till it works again

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2010
    So I popped in after a game last night and saw a post from Tube telling us to get our act together but I completely had no context or frame of reference.

What happened?

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2010
    sheeeeep

Bummer. I was off work all day yesterday and couldn't get a single person to join up.

I did satisfy the daily challenges yesterday, and in a few days I will also get the weekly one.

I got the weekly one on the day I got the game

I did not know it was a weekly one

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Winky wrote: »

Are you looking for a practical answer like "In the process of eliminating false hypotheses we also gain information with which to start predicting the likelihood of remaining hypothesis to be true"?

TL DR on
    edited September 2010

I especially don't like it when it's someone I agree with. Why do people have to make decent opinions terrible by being douches?

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That's weird. They're filming Captain American in Manchester.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited September 2010
    So I popped in after a game last night and saw a post from Tube telling us to get our act together but I completely had no context or frame of reference.

What happened?

Usual teenage drama, someone asked someone else to prom, but there was a better person like right there and they just never noticed them totally wanting to be asked.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010
    sheeeeep

I got the weekly one on the day I got the game

I did not know it was a weekly one

A buddy of mine who has forsaken his 360 for WoW over the past few months stopped by to check it out.

I showed him the challenges.

"Ah. There's the hook. And since they're recurring, they have some poor souls locked in forever."

Sheep on
    edited September 2010
    Galahad wrote: »

I was thinking more the shtick gets disrupted when you drop your camera in the past and this screws up the present, but this may be a bit too Singularitish.
    Wheeeeeeere iiiiiiis Caaaarmen Sandiego, Carmen Sandiego?

I hate that kind of time travel

how about you find out that what you did in the past is what causes the present to be the way it is?

without "changing" magically because that's dumb

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2010
    That's weird. They're filming Captain American in Manchester.

Part of the movie takes place in WW2 (or the whole thing I forget?) so its not like he could be fighting nazis in the good ole us of a.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010

What happened?

Usual teenage drama, someone asked someone else to prom, but there was a better person like right there and they just never noticed them totally wanting to be asked.

Ugh, Prom. I didn't go to mine so I could save the pride of a girl.

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2010

What happened?

Wait, you mean the sticky he put up, or a fresh post?

RMS Oceanic on
This discussion has been closed.