As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] daniels

PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
jack daniels sucks

it's not bourbon, and it's way too corny and sweet

no discussion

discuss

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
9pr1GIh.jpg?1
Podly on

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    it really does

tyrannus on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    jack daniels sucks

it's not bourbon, and it's way too corny and sweet

no discussion

discuss

You use that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Guys guys. Jameson's Irish whiskey is smooth and very gentle on you the next day.

Ugh, are you kidding? Jameson's sucks.

You're dead to me.

Look Jameson's is the only whiskey that ever gets reliably shipped to my base back in Germany

I know Jameson's. And Jameson's sucks.

I mean, I guess it's not bad. It's all right. Like if you are going to drink whiskey you can do worse, and at least you are drinking whiskey.

But if I am buying whiskey I am never looking for Jameson's. I never think oh man I can't wait to get home and have a swig of that Jameson's in my fridge. It is like the Family Guy of whiskey.

what is it that you do drink as far as whiskey?

Black Bush, Bushmills, Doublewood, Jack Daniels if I am feeling cheap, Johnny Walker although that is technically not whiskey, Dewers, Glenmorangie

I can keep going

There is really not such a thing, to me, as bad whiskey, but Jameson's is definitely not one I would prefer

Will: I can see how you might think that but whiskey is virtually the only thing I drink, with the occasional exception of scotch

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I like cuddling, and holding, and kissing, and kissing everywhere on a girl.

I have the most boring fetishes.

You could always improve your fetish by adding desert toppings.

emnmnme on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    sailor jerrys thread

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I like cuddling, and holding, and kissing, and kissing everywhere on a girl.

I have the most boring fetishes.

You could always improve your fetish by adding desert toppings.

Ugh that sounds gross.

Inquisitor on
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Jack Daniels is pretty alright for what it is.

There are a lot of worse things you could drink for that price.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There's tons of good cheap whiskey out there.

Rye: Rittenhouse 100 proof, Old Overholt
    Bourbon: Old Crow Reserve (not so much the regular 80 proof old crow), Buffalo Trace
    Scotch: Famous Grouse

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'll take Evan Williams black label over straight JD any day

It's the same booze, but less expensive.

I've actually made a habit of finding the "great value" brand of all the top shelf whiskey and scotch and rum brands though.

Sailor Jerry, Famous Grouse, Evan Williams, etc.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Old Crow is good too. That's what we had at the six arms preach.

amateurhour on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    man jexus knows how to program a fucking synth

god damn son

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdXWsv41lx8

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2010
    Old Crow is good too. That's what we had at the six arms preach.

Ahh I see, you know everytime I shit really bad and the bathroom stinks? I think of the six arms. Great marketing.

"Come for the smell, stay for the piss poor service."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010
    Wait minecraft charges you, and its only in alpha? They are charging you for a game thats not done yet?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Wait minecraft charges you, and its only in alpha? They are charging you for a game thats not done yet?

it's blackmail

want to see the game in its finished state?

not unless we get a few mil

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2010
    My tower is getting so high that I have to take breaks when a cloud passes through my construction and obscures my vision.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010

it's blackmail

want to see the game in its finished state?

not unless we get a few mil

That's just bullshit man. I mean the dwarf fortress crazy dude doesn't charge you does he?

Oh well wasn't interested before, sure as fuck am not now.

How goes things in podly land?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010
    jesus fucking christ jexus's blofeld demo is mindblowing

he's a fucking programming genius

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2010
    My tower is getting so high that I have to take breaks when a cloud passes through my construction and obscures my vision.

Is it ivory? So you can finally complete the dream?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010

Been working 60 hours a week for the last few weeks because one of the bartenders quit and another went on vacation. Which is good because August was super slow, so I wasn't even making that great of money, but it would have been FAR worse if I was working 35-40 hours a week.

Other than that, not much. Haven't had time to work on music, and trying to not fuck up my long-distance relationship.

How are things, preach?

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aparently I am now 30.

Also, yesterday was a fair bit over a 14 hour day with a head cold. The world is already starting to go fuzzy around the edges today.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited September 2010
    I mean I'm all for donating some bucks to play online with PA peeps and all, but the freeplay mode needs to remain a freeplay mode, like forever.

amateurhour on
    edited September 2010

Is it ivory? So you can finally complete the dream?

That would be pretty neat but it would take absolutely forever.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010

Been working 60 hours a week for the last few weeks because one of the bartenders quit and another went on vacation. Which is good because August was super slow, so I wasn't even making that great of money, but it would have been FAR worse if I was working 35-40 hours a week.

Other than that, not much. Haven't had time to work on music, and trying to not fuck up my long-distance relationship.

How are things, preach?

Pretty good recently discovered the ignore feature, loving it.

Also made some homemade hamburger patties last night and they were fucking delicious.

Congratulations Riemann, whats it like being 3 decades old you big oldy...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Part One

"Michael O'Hare on the Class War"

http://delong.typepad.com/sdj/2010/09/michael-ohare-on-the-class-war.html

Part 2

"In Which Mr. Deling Responds to Someone Who Might Be Professor Xxxx Xxxxxxxxx"

http://delong.typepad.com/sdj/2010/09/in-which-mr-deling-responds-to-someone-who-might-be-professor-todd-henderson.html

To sum up, rich asshole needs to understand the difference between wealth and rich and needs to understand how to budget.

And also being an ass will get you told.

Sheep on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wild Turkey

Old Granddad

Delicious.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited September 2010
    I mean I'm all for donating some bucks to play online with PA peeps and all, but the freeplay mode needs to remain a freeplay mode, like forever.

Yeah man, I totally deserve something for nothing and people need to recognize that

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    my old applied math prof sometimes sends these emails about cool math/data related startup jobs

i kind of wish i had known of these things earlier

i need more maths and datas and programming in my life

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

How are things, preach?

Also made some homemade hamburger patties last night and they were fucking delicious.

Right now it feels like 6.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited September 2010

Yeah man, I totally deserve something for nothing and people need to recognize that

I dunno for me the idea of paying for someones alpha is a bit silly, especially if you are going to raise the price as you get more features.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010

God knows thats how your hair feels.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010

I dunno for me the idea of paying for someones alpha is a bit silly, especially if you are going to raise the price as you get more features.

The alpha alone is worth ten bucks, and I'm pretty sure your account is supposed to carry over to the full version.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Not knocking you duders having fun, just I guess I'm a graphics whore and minecraft looks like eq1.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

How are things, preach?

Welcome to the forumers over 30 club. Here is your pass to the club. Be aware we do segregate members based on hair status. Those of us with our hair get access to the main facilities. Those without have a room with lots of mirrors.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010
    Yeah that's why I don't play the LEGO games. You can see polygons in that shit like whoa.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What you're paying for is the full game once it's released. Right now it's around 13 dollars. In return for paying for the game ahead of time and funding the development of the game and making it possible for the developer to do this in the first place he gives you access to the game as it's being developed.

If you pay the thirteen bucks you don't have to pay anything again. I'm pretty sure Mount and Blade worked the same way.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2010

The alpha alone is worth ten bucks, and I'm pretty sure your account is supposed to carry over to the full version.

Way to turn around what I'm saying goose.

Seriously, 13 bucks for an unfinished game is a little ridiculous. I mean whatever, I can play the free mode now so it's fine the way it is, and when the multiplayer gets worked out I'll be happy to donate for a full copy, but asking for money before it's finished and while it's buggy as hell is a problem.

amateurhour on
    edited September 2010
    OH HOLY FUCK GIANT SPIDERS

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I wonder how illegal it is to manufacture firearms in Australia for self-defense.

Like, they'd probably flip over anything gunpowder powered, but what about man-portable gauss rifle with an auto-loader which just happens to work from a clip?

Or a railgun which shaves slugs from a block of metal Mass Effect style?

I mean, I figure a battery could power it for 30 shots in a pinch, and being able to shoot through a tank would have it's advantages.

I'm opposed to anyone but me having guns you see.

electricitylikesme on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010

Man, after your remark from the other night, I may have to do a complete 180 on my policy as well. See how that goes.

Also the one permanent person I have on the list may be getting lonely.

Sheep on
    edited September 2010

Way to turn around what I'm saying goose.

Seriously, 13 bucks for an unfinished game is a little ridiculous. I mean whatever, I can play the free mode now so it's fine the way it is, and when the multiplayer gets worked out I'll be happy to donate for a full copy, but asking for money before it's finished and while it's buggy as hell is a problem.

It's not buggy, though. It just doesn't have all the features that he plans on implementing.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.