As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mine[chat]

AriviaArivia I Like A ChallengeEarth-1Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
I BUILT THIS [CHAT] WITH MY BARE HANDS

huntresssig.jpg
Arivia on

• stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This one wins.

stevemarks44 on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This is the [chat] estate.

996eb4ae51dabaff7e54e7afffd91f7b.png

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was gonna do a mine[chat] but someone stole all my diamonds.

Silas Brown on
    edited September 2010
    I know there is no "wrong" way to play minecraft. But is there really a wrong way? Like, the last two times I've logged in I've just been digging out this little stream and watching where it goes. And, sadly, I had a great time.

stevemarks44 on
    edited September 2010
    I know there is no "wrong" way to play minecraft. But is there really a wrong way? Like, the last two times I've logged in I've just been digging out this little stream and watching where it goes. And I sadly had a great time.

I'd recommend against playing in a way that needlessly destroyed valuable resources, I guess.

Silas Brown on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Feral wrote: »

haha, someone got that, yay!

@Mori: yes I did <3<3<3

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have no idea what you're meant to do in Minecraft.

Hmm.

It's basically Lego.

Except instead of having to dig through a bin to find the block you want to use a pick to dig through the ground. And most of the blocks you'll want to actually build things are readily available all over the place.

HappylilElf on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I know there is no "wrong" way to play minecraft. But is there really a wrong way? Like, the last two times I've logged in I've just been digging out this little stream and watching where it goes. And I sadly had a great time.

I've spent the last few hours of playing it just making a road. Level and straight. I've taken it over water, and through hills. So no, making a river doesn't seem that odd.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010
    I was gonna do a mine[chat] but someone stole all my diamonds.

It was me. When I said I'd never play with you people because you'd steal all my diamonds? I was projecting.

All of your diamonds would be mine

HappylilElf on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdj9NRzqC4

This is officially the worst rock song ever.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited September 2010

You try building a city with Rock and Roll and then come back and tell me how bad that song is.

stevemarks44 on
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I've spent the last few hours of playing it just making a road. Level and straight. I've taken it over water, and through hills. So no, making a river doesn't seem that odd.

You should have totally made the bridge over the water an awesome glass constuction out of a fairy tale.

HappylilElf on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

It's a shame they built that city with rock and roll, only for BOC to burn it down with rock and roll.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010

haha, someone got that, yay!

@Mori: yes I did <3<3<3

I felt bad that I sniped your chat.

My chat was objectively better. Yours didn't have a chance. It was like playing rock-paper-scissors-hammer-kitten, where I was the hammer and you were the kitten.

I'm just trying to make recompense. It's not your fault I'm so awesome.

Feral on

edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

You should have totally made the bridge over the water an awesome glass constuction out of a fairy tale.

It's not a bridge. The road is like a solid wall on the water. It's built to last.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010
    Also, yes, DK, I know I can make it larger - I did not know how to take it full screen, though, thanks.

It's windowed because I'm swapping back and forth to Safari.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    hmmm... so I didn't know I needed an account to play minecraft, which is currently unavailable. Also I guess playing at work is a no go if it's sending packets of data

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also I didn't realize it costs money to play. boo

amateurhour on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Religulous is very meh. Maher's arguments are kind of dumb and often fallacious, and he's kind of egotistical about it. You get that "I don't want to understand" vibe.

Is it worth watching all the way through?

Winky on
    edited September 2010
    Also I didn't realize it costs money to play. boo

at least right now it's free, just enter whatever for a username and password

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    any word on pricing once the game actually goes pay?

amateurhour on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    does a pickaxe dig faster than your bare hands?

Organichu on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Okay... so... how do I like... do stuff?

I've figured out picking flowers.

Glorious mines this does not craft.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    edited September 2010

A young American couple is traveling through Scotland when they decide to stay in a quaint little inn mentioned in Lonely Planet. They get there just moments before the inn is about to close, and the innkeeper is polishing the bar, looking despondent.

The couple asks him what's wrong. He says, "See this bar? I've been tendin' this bar fer the last twenty years. Do you think they call me the bartender? No.

"Go out t' th' edge o' town and take a look at th' dock. Thirty years ago I helped build that dock with my own bare hands. Think they call me the dockbuilder? No.

"This inn has been owned by my family for the last two hundred years. I'm the eighth McReady to keep this inn. Think they call me the innkeeper? No.
    "But you fuck one goat..."

Feral on

edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

yes, and stronger pickaxes can dig things your hands can't

like stone

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2010

Yes. It's pretty much a requirement for moving through stone, and a requirement for coal/metal.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010
    hmmm

when i played i dug straight down through this stone temple and i didn't craft an axe

i guess maybe i ought to read some tutorials

i don't even know how to craft

Organichu on
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Religulous is very meh. Maher's arguments are kind of dumb and often fallacious, and he's kind of egotistical about it. You get that "I don't want to understand" vibe.

Not really. Unless watching someone troll people of religion is fun for you, then watch it.

Overall I wasn't too impressed with it.

Unearthly Stew on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ooooh... hold down the button

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    edited September 2010
    hmmm

when i played i dug straight down through this stone temple and i didn't craft an axe

i guess maybe i ought to read some tutorials

i don't even know how to craft

If you hold down left click you can punch through stone. Just takes a while.

Thomamelas on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Winky wrote: »

Not really. Unless watching someone troll people of religion is fun for you, then watch it.

Overall I wasn't too impressed with it.

Well I'm all about trolling religious people, but, you know, in a more intelligent way.

Winky on
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I played the free explore version of minecraft... I wasn't having to much fun with it, until I stumbled upon a lava flow and was "omgwtf running time!"

Unearthly Stew on
    edited September 2010
    Is Podly paying attention to this chat?

I want some recommendations for ingredients that are reasonably available in metropolitan areas (ie, not mail-order) for a good sazerac.

Feral on

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    any word on pricing once the game actually goes pay?

The game currently costs around 12-13 US dollars. The price goes up when it reaches beta.

Sarksus on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Civ5 demo is finished downloading.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2010
    So one day the Republicans sent an open letter to Obama saying "We want these tax cuts". And Obama looked at the letter, saw most of it was garbage but it did have two good cuts. So he's proposed them to congress. Only for Republicans to go batshit crazy because it didn't include the tax cuts that are about to expire. I'm just waiting for Steele to fuck up and say they don't actually have any strategy beyond "Fuck Obama".

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010
    Wuh. My dad is waiting until he finishes his game of Neptune's Pride before he tries Minecraft? Neptune's Pride takes like.. 5 minutes a day!

Silas Brown on
    edited September 2010
    man most of my high % matches on okc are not physically attractive to me

graaaah

Organichu on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Minecraft is the worst thing. I went home from work planning to craft stars, and my roommate informed me that I could try crafting mines for no moneys. Me and my roommates were all chatting in vent and playing minecraft, at like 1AM one of them was like, shit guys, I haven't eaten at all today, we should get dinner. I was like, hmm, sustenance, something is telling me I should probably eat, but my sky citadel, it is not yet complete.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited September 2010

yes, and stronger pickaxes can dig things your hands can't

like stone

Your hands can dig stone actually, it just takes forever.

I actually had to do this a for far too long the other night after getting lost and using up all my picks trying to get out. After about a half hour of digging up I just gave up and found a zombie to kill me :P

HappylilElf on
This discussion has been closed.