As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] daniels

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Whiskey is terrible

nexuscrawler on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    What you're paying for is the full game once it's released. Right now it's around 13 dollars. In return for paying for the game ahead of time and funding the development of the game and making it possible for the developer to do this in the first place he gives you access to the game as it's being developed.

If you pay the thirteen bucks you don't have to pay anything again. I'm pretty sure Mount and Blade worked the same way.

Frozen Synapse did too. It even went further. If you bought the BETA it gave you two codes, one for you and one for a friend.

I haven't played it since that first week or so, though.

Sheep on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Res wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I mean I'm all for donating some bucks to play online with PA peeps and all, but the freeplay mode needs to remain a freeplay mode, like forever.

Yeah man, I totally deserve something for nothing and people need to recognize that

I dunno for me the idea of paying for someones alpha is a bit silly, especially if you are going to raise the price as you get more features.

The alpha alone is worth ten bucks, and I'm pretty sure your account is supposed to carry over to the full version.

Yeah, it does. This seems to be a pretty common purchase scheme for super small indie devs, and I think it works pretty well. It's like an investment into the developer of a game you think has real potential.

Dark_Side on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Pretty good recently discovered the ignore feature, loving it.

Man, after your remark from the other night, I may have to do a complete 180 on my policy as well. See how that goes.

Also the one permanent person I have on the list may be getting lonely.

Its just so damn easy, I mean I guess having 0 curiosity about people I was already trying to ignore helps, but honestly since I've discovered the feature, I use it like an abortion doctor in a minority neighborhood...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    why

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Any booze that does not involve citrus is good booze.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    god I hate the brooklyn musical instruments craigslist page

it's all hipsters overcharging for widely available gear

DX7s and Juno 60s/106s going for 2x what they should

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I mean I'm all for donating some bucks to play online with PA peeps and all, but the freeplay mode needs to remain a freeplay mode, like forever.

Yeah man, I totally deserve something for nothing and people need to recognize that

I dunno for me the idea of paying for someones alpha is a bit silly, especially if you are going to raise the price as you get more features.

The alpha alone is worth ten bucks, and I'm pretty sure your account is supposed to carry over to the full version.

Way to turn around what I'm saying goose.

Seriously, 13 bucks for an unfinished game is a little ridiculous. I mean whatever, I can play the free mode now so it's fine the way it is, and when the multiplayer gets worked out I'll be happy to donate for a full copy, but asking for money before it's finished and while it's buggy as hell is a problem.

Then don't pay it.

Plenty of other people are fine pre-ordering the game for thirteen bucks and getting access to the game ahead of time. Without this revenue he couldn't work on the game full-time and the game wouldn't exist in its current form.

It's a donation as much as a purchase to me.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2010
    Podly wrote: »

Uhh podly, thats just where they moved the adult ads man, they aren't selling instruments.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If the account carries over then fine. I'm cool with that, and I'll invest.

As for the buggy comment, I'm quoting his temp page that got crashed by PA saying "the multiplayer is buggy as hell, feel free to help us test it."

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    http://www.theonion.com/video/do-glass-pipes-incense-prove-teens-are-practicing,17587/

leaving work. hopefully when I get hope this double chat insanity will have ended. puts me on edge, it's weird, I'm scared to post in either.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Whiskey is terrible

what an awful post

tyrannus on
    edited September 2010

Gotta be better than Jackson, MS.

About 100 listings for starter guitar sets mingled with one or two legitimately interesting lists.

Sheep on
    edited September 2010
    So we are a week out from dead fucking rising 2, finally a chance to return to prime zombie killing with yard instruments.

I wonder if you blow up military dudes with the IED if you unlock an insensitive achievement name...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010
    Part One

"Michael O'Hare on the Class War"

http://delong.typepad.com/sdj/2010/09/michael-ohare-on-the-class-war.html

Part 2

"In Which Mr. Deling Responds to Someone Who Might Be Professor Xxxx Xxxxxxxxx"

http://delong.typepad.com/sdj/2010/09/in-which-mr-deling-responds-to-someone-who-might-be-professor-todd-henderson.html

To sum up, rich asshole needs to understand the difference between wealth and rich and needs to understand how to budget.

And also being an ass will get you told.

Quoting. BOTP and I figured someone here would find this interesting.

Sheep on
    edited September 2010
    oh hey, Civ 5 is out. I need to IM the missus and ask her to download it while I'm at work.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Uhh podly, thats just where they moved the adult ads man, they aren't selling instruments.

oh well then DicksXukd 7 times @ $200 ain't half bad

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2010
    I swear rich americans are way more entitled then poor americans. Like Rich people expect politicians to cater to their very small minority all the while poor people are happy when they aren't getting as fucked as often.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I better have dead rising 2 by next Friday. Gamefly better not fuck me on this one like they did with Monster Hunter 3

amateurhour on
    edited September 2010

About 100 listings for starter guitar sets mingled with one or two legitimately interesting lists.

Do they even allow synthesizers in Mississippi?

edit* Like I thought they fell under the anti-sodomy laws

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2010

You should respond to someones ad like they are selling sex and then put the results online. I'm sure that would be hilarious.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I better have dead rising 2 by next Friday. Gamefly better not fuck me on this one like they did with Monster Hunter 3

C'mon, it's Gamefly.

Of course they are.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2010

My wife is super psyched like "Ok we'll get a fast dinner so you can kill some zombies for me."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    im depressed all of a sudden

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited September 2010

You should respond to someones ad like they are selling sex and then put the results online. I'm sure that would be hilarious.

Hey I'm interested in the "DX7." I was just wondering if you had a tongue piercing or not. Your answer will help inform my decision to go through with the transaction.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2010

Do they even allow synthesizers in Mississippi?

edit* Like I thought they fell under the anti-sodomy laws

Man. How else are the Zeppelin and Pink Floyd cover bands gonna stay in business if they couldn't consolidate their keyboards?

Also, this is like, every Mississippian's favorite song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUclxp7FxHI

Sheep on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

C'mon, it's Gamefly.

Of course they are.

hahahahahagameflyhahahahahahaha

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Whiskey is terrible

what an awful post

seriously

Arch on
    edited September 2010

Hey I'm interested in the "DX7." I was just wondering if you had a tongue piercing or not. Your answer will help inform my decision to go through with the transaction.

"So like is it 100 pounds? Because anything above that I'm expecting reduced costs here."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I swear rich americans are way more entitled then poor americans. Like Rich people expect politicians to cater to their very small minority all the while poor people are happy when they aren't getting as fucked as often.

Money=power, it's simple as that. The only thing poor people have going for them is how large a group they comprise. But they are all so divided, and so sold on the idea that they could be one of the rich some day, that they will never really work together.

Dark_Side on
    edited September 2010
    Feral wrote: »

C'mon, it's Gamefly.

Of course they are.

dude, it's better than paying $60 a game that end up sitting on a shelf forever. If there's a better option, I'm all ears.

amateurhour on
    edited September 2010
    this is like podly's favorite song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ovyF9g3GjA

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2010
    Feral wrote: »

C'mon, it's Gamefly.

Of course they are.

dude, it's better than paying $60 a game that end up sitting on a shelf forever. If there's a better option, I'm all ears.

Post edited and sent to a pm to avoid infraction.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    I think I'm going to try to build a sundial in minecraft.

Like I'll build one, and put signs at the various number positions, and then when the sun rises I'll mark the one the shadow hits as, let's say, six. And then fill in the rest of the numbers.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010

"So like is it 100 pounds? Because anything above that I'm expecting reduced costs here."

Any way I can get it all black?

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2010
    this is like podly's favorite song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ovyF9g3GjA

Talking about yourself in the third person now? Or did you forget to sign into your alt... PONY!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010
    Dark_Side wrote: »

Money=power, it's simple as that. The only thing poor people have going for them is how large a group they comprise. But they are all so divided, and so sold on the idea that they could be one of the rich some day, that they will never really work together.

I also noticed, having grown up among these people, that "community" type organizations among poor people (extended families, churches etc...) are a double edged sword. While they tend to rally around those among them who are doing especially bad and keep them from actually starving to death they also drag back down anyone who might be doing well enough to escape entirely.

Step one for getting out of poverty: move away frin and several all ties with your broke ass family. Because as soon as you start to do well they are going to drag you back down with them.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    So we are a week out from dead fucking rising 2, finally a chance to return to prime zombie killing with yard instruments.

I wonder if you blow up military dudes with the IED if you unlock an insensitive achievement name...

:lol:

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010

Any way I can get it all black?

"So how long can I reasonably expect to play this, and is it up for some experimental style?"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010

:lol:

"Achievement unlocked: Insurgent Hello".

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.