As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mine[chat]

2»

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Ooooh... hold down the button

Hahahahaha

I had this exact moment yesterday.

I sat there for far too long clicking on a god damned tree thinking "Ok, if it takes this long for every piece of wood, fuck this game."

HappylilElf on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I just started my first Minecraft world, and in mine, I am starting out by building a super tall tower that I can see from anywhere, and underneath it, a straight tunnel stretching across the whole island.

Pretty basic but so fun.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    does a pickaxe dig faster than your bare hands?

yes, and stronger pickaxes can dig things your hands can't

like stone

Your hands can dig stone actually, it just takes forever.

I actually had to do this a for far too long the other night after getting lost and using up all my picks trying to get out. After about a half hour of digging up I just gave up and found a zombie to kill me :P

Your hand can dig stone, but you need pickaxes to get cobblestone from it.

Silas Brown on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OremLK wrote: »
    I just started my first Minecraft world, and in mine, I am starting out by building a super tall tower that I can see from anywhere, and underneath it, a straight tunnel stretching across the whole island.

Pretty basic but so fun.

Yeah, that's kinda my idea, I made the tower on top of a mountain till I couldn't go any higher, then came down a few levels and started laying out a floor. Eventually I'll square out the mountain, hollow it, build glass walls on the side and all will be glorious.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »

Pretty basic but so fun.

Yeah, that's kinda my idea, I made the tower on top of a mountain till I couldn't go any higher, then came down a few levels and started laying out a floor. Eventually I'll square out the mountain, hollow it, build glass walls on the side and all will be glorious.

Awesome. For mine, I was thinking later I would build a second, better tower on the other side of the island, then put a giant sky bridge across to it.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Work is batshit crazy today but for some reason I kind of like the rush. Calming myself down and figuring out a logical plan to something that everyone is making a big deal about makes me feel really accomplished.

stevemarks44 on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Pretty basic but so fun.

I highly reccommend this. Especially if you decide to build your home a decent ways away from your spawn point. I really wish there was a way to change your spawn point to next to a crafting table/forge or something though.

HappylilElf on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I know there is no "wrong" way to play minecraft. But is there really a wrong way? Like, the last two times I've logged in I've just been digging out this little stream and watching where it goes. And I sadly had a great time.

I'd recommend against playing in a way that needlessly destroyed valuable resources, I guess.

I recommend only playing in a way that needlessly destroys valuabe resources.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ow

so, it's warm and I was craving something cold

so I went to go give the new creamery a go

and I had almost settled on a smores cone when I saw green tea ice cream and got a milkshake of that instead

now I feel so full and bloated and I think no dinner for Rivs tonight

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.