As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, Dreaming of E's and Morgana

• DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I guess the deciding factor is the player behind the wheel. Catching bad players is not even a thing, I wouldn't bet on being able to do it on a MF who is aware of how fast she is and understands moving to avoid things.

I am more than happy to take advantage of poor play to get a kill though so here's to more terrible people on the enemy team.

Drijen on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    True that

Better their team than yours

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I bought almost a full book of runes to play Tryn, and it was fun.

We could have won faster, but the other team was busy being dumbs and fighting 5v4 team fights against us while I just pushed a lane all the way to the inhib (first two turrets were down). Took the turret and started hacking the inhib while our team killed 4 of them so they had nobody to defend, but it was early game so I just hacked on the inhib, couldn't kill it.
    Basically that was how we rolled. 5v4 team fight while I pushed a lane and they didn't bother stopping me. Then eventually Simon cried about me being in the team fights and so we got in a team fight with all of us there and wiped the floor with their lifeless corpses. It was good.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My full book of runes to play Trynd is my full book of AP runes and starting out with an amp tome

Zen Vulgarity on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    AP kog'maw is pretty viable if you're team can't dodge artillery >: [

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    cheez

is this thread over yet, or what

TyrantCow on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    I need to buy Civ 5 this friday so I can take a break from this game.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I need to buy Civ 5 this friday so I can take a break from this game.

I already caved in.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    cheez

This thread is 5 stars....just sayin'....

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Can't get anything done on Yi, Xin, Twisted Fate, and Trynd. Also tried Nidalee out, couldn't get shit for kills.

Only champs I seem to be able to get kills on are Kaiser, Veigar, Ryze, Kog'Maw (AP/AS), Garen, Fiddlesticks, and Warwick.

I get decent kills as Singed, Urgot, Shaco, and Karthus. Sometimes an insane amount with Singed, Shaco and Karthus. But I can't do shit as Yi, Xin, TF, and Trynd. I used to rock shit with them though that was before I hit level 30 so that might have something to do with it.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nidalee takes several games to get used to, but once you figure her out you can make that kitty roar.

Also, theres nothing more satisfying than a spear square in the back of a runner.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Talith wrote: »
    Nidalee takes several games to get used to, but once you figure her out you can make that kitty roar.

Also, theres nothing more satisfying than a spear square in the back of a runner.

Yea, the spears are bad ass. I set down a ridiculous amount of traps in the jungle and around the edges of the base which allowed me to throw a Javelin at a Garen who had walked over a trap and into the bushes. Dropped that fool like a sack of bricks.

It was literally impossible to walk more then 5 steps without walking over at least two traps on the lizard side of the jungle.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    fuckin

sivirs

that

are

never

where

the

teamfight

is

fuck

this

game

also that is the last time i ever play ranked because the people in there are 10 times worse than people in normal

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited September 2010
    by the way sona is as squishy and unescape proof as they say

there was this olaf who fed off me by ghosting then flashing onto me with ragnarok and lizard and just reckless swinged me for half my health

every

single

teamfight

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • InterjectionInterjection Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It seems like Sona is a Kog'maw style support character. Which is weird because I would think for the auras to work she has to be in there.

I am still dominating normal as Taric. On a little streak of like 6 games. I think I just keep getting lucky in that I get a team that at LEAST knows positioning. Unfortunately they aren't very good at the rest. Laning with a bad Kassadin I was in a lane vs Sona and MF and that was a rough start. Luckily we only gave up 1 kill each. But the Kassadin sat behind the turret watching them kill it and pinging the map repeatedly.

But they knew to target champs at the back of the group, and to get behind the enemy and hit their squishies...so I can't complain too much, in fact, it was far better than what I was getting when I wasn't playing Taric.

The MM gods love support chars.

Interjection on
    aka kcMasterpiece
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man I am enjoying Sona, though I'm still not sure she is as good as Janna. I have too much experience with the latter to judge the former after only a night.

3/0/22 (lol level 25), Magic Pen Reds, MP/5 Yellow, CDR Blues
    Doran's Ring > Catalyst > Boots > Locket > Boots2 > Soul Shroud / Soul Stealer so far.

Locket is great in that you can just chain shift without any worries (literally, you can not run out of mana in normal play) and the health and 10% CDR are so useful. I would love to get some AP, but honestly, with the CDR from Locket and Shroud, even soul stealer is hard to justify.

Edit: For math's sake, you would need ~300 AP to beat 40% CDR on Q spam, and 360 to break even on W. CDR just seems like the better investment.

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    HOW TO WIN IN LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

A GUIDE FOR WOULD-BE PROS

1: Avoid Buying Wards at All Costs!

One of the biggest mistakes you can make in LoL is listening to the guy who suggests that you buy some wards for 'map awareness'. Don't be one of these noobs! That 90 gold could've gone towards another Malady! Real players don't need to see where the enemy is or look out for ganks, ambushes, etc; your sweet deeps should be able to care of whatever foolish champs try to jump on you.

2: Try the Backdoor!

When your team has lost all map awareness & map control, maybe because of a recently lost teamfight (lolnoobs), do not try to hunker down with the rest of them and try to do something ridiculous like score an ace from a defensive position. Go for the backdoor! Win the game all on your own! Some players will try to warn you that you'll get ganked (probably the same ones who bought wards instead of Maladies. lolnoobs) and insist that you come back to help defend. Just let them know what a bunch of scrubs they are and go be a hero!

3: Watch and Learn

When your team's tank goes to initiate a teamfight, do no commit. Just stand back and watch. You can learn handy tips from how they try to defend themselves, and they should be fine unless they're total scrubs. It's the tank's job to take a few falls anyway, while you effortlessly cut down the whole enemy team.

4: Never Surrender!

Yes, even if it's 45 minutes in and the situation seems bleak. Never give up hope! Besides, there's extra IP for a long & hard defense - and those people who tell you that it's mathematically better to just do two 25-30 minute games instead of one hour long game are obviously just a bunch of sissies. Always vote no, and call the person who initiated the vote a 'faggot' (common Internet courtesy).

5: Jungling is Awesome!

You don't have to share XP for jungled mobs and you will always get last hits, so spend most of your time in the jungle and always get the red & blue buff, no matter which champ you're playing, what the state of the game is or what people might be 'better suited' (ya rite) for a given buff.

Don't take the dragon, though. Too long to kill him.

Also, always insist that people do Baron as soon as he's up, even if you don't know where the enemy team is because spending money on wards is for gays. If someone tells you Baron is warded, tell that person that it doesn't matter (and, obviously, tell them what a noob fag they are for suggesting that you might not be able to take Baron and the enemy team at the same time).

6: Let Your Team Know How Terrible They Are

Nobody can improve without some criticism, afterall! If someone dies once, call them a feeder. If someone misses a skillshot, tell them they should go eat a dick. Above all else, though, if someone tells you anything other than how special and almighty and super awesome you're doing in the game, make sure you threaten to AFK on their noob asses. That'll teach 'em!

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Stop.
    Autoattacking.
    Stop Autoattacking.
    STOP AUTOATTACKING.
    YOU SILLY GOOSE ASHE STOP AUTOATTACKING AND KILLING EVERYTHING AND LETTING THE OTHER TEAM HUNKER DOWN UNDER THE TOWER WHERE I CAN'T GET LAST HITS.
    PS: Your mom.

Madpoet on
  • eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh there was a new thread.

Having so much fun as Veigar atm, more so than I did with Annie.

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I finally had a good Nidalee game! (Thanks in large part to the advice from Caenem and Slicer, though in no small part to the other team not having much CC.)

Pretty much hugged my tower for the first five levels, then got a double kill within half a minute of gaining cougar form. Having Ashe stun me and run, only to get a spear in the back for her trouble, feels so good. Tricking Amumu into running into a line of traps doesn't feel too shabby, either. Oh, and the shortcuts! So many things just came together. I don't think I've ever had that much gold that early in a game before.

Dizzen on
  • MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Getting Civ 5 this friday. Not really sure if I'm gonna play much LoL (or WoW, or SC2 for the matter) this weekend.

Just kidding!
    It'll be more than just the weekend, surely :P

Megamaniaco on
    Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I traded in AP Teemo for Malady Teemo : (

I killed Poppy with a mushroom.

Frosteey on
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ...Okay; I really don't like games with Sona in them. She changes the dynamics too much. You basically have to focus her right away, or you'll get trashed in the team fight. It feels dumb.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is there any way to quickly switch masteries quickly? My client lags so badly that it takes 30-60 seconds to switch them (and another 20-40 to switch summoner skills) so I usually end up with them being kind of crappy (tank spec for dps etc).

Scroffus on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tag wrote: »
    Man I am enjoying Sona, though I'm still not sure she is as good as Janna. I have too much experience with the latter to judge the former after only a night.

Doran's Ring > Catalyst > Boots > Locket > Boots2 > Soul Shroud / Soul Stealer so far.

Locket is great in that you can just chain shift without any worries (literally, you can not run out of mana in normal play) and the health and 10% CDR are so useful. I would love to get some AP, but honestly, with the CDR from Locket and Shroud, even soul stealer is hard to justify.

Edit: For math's sake, you would need ~300 AP to beat 40% CDR on Q spam, and 360 to break even on W. CDR just seems like the better investment.

CDR Runes and Masteries, Soul Shroud, and DFG should be more than enough to hit the 40% cap. From there, just stack on AP. Here's a build I like with her: Soul Shroud, Swiftness/Sorc's Boots, Lichbane (Sheen first, then bump up AP with other items), DFG, Zhonya's, Archangel's Staff (Get Tear very, very early on. Like, after Soul Shroud).

40% CDR and enough AP to make her a good healer and Q nuker, on top of stacking that passive to help Lichbane add a TON of nuke damage to that third-song Autoattack.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    cheez

u mad bro?

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    twitch is so pro. you see so many baddies and assume he's not good but dude just throws out too much damage. my favorite is when you are on bottom team and for whatever reason a team fight breaks out in those lower bushes below baron. you are covered by a mountain and trees then you have your teammates up front and your ult just mows them down as they come in a line through the bushes. slow them after a few hits then cap it off with a poison explosion and they gone.

GooseyGoose on
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

CDR Runes and Masteries, Soul Shroud, and DFG should be more than enough to hit the 40% cap. From there, just stack on AP. Here's a build I like with her: Soul Shroud, Swiftness/Sorc's Boots, Lichbane (Sheen first, then bump up AP with other items), DFG, Zhonya's, Archangel's Staff (Get Tear very, very early on. Like, after Soul Shroud).

40% CDR and enough AP to make her a good healer and Q nuker, on top of stacking that passive to help Lichbane add a TON of nuke damage to that third-song Autoattack.

Well, to be fair, my build ends at 5500ish which is when I start stacking AP anyway.

Soul Shroud, Tear, Boots, Litchbane is already 7750 (5500 at Sheen). So very late game we probably look pretty similar, I just like getting the survivability and CDR up right away; you wouldn't have 40% CDR with your build until you had nearly twice as much gold as I do.

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Blitz or amumu getting her seems pretty dumb

They were trying to do that today but it's just move left right since you move so fast you can dodge the grab/pull

For some reason all the MFs I saw were taking middle. Bandage toss from the bushes with my 2 sunfire capes/despair/tantrum and down she goes.

Xaquin on
  • FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »
    I traded in AP Teemo for Malady Teemo : (

I killed Poppy with a mushroom.

With a small damage mushroom I take it. I play AP Teemo and it's fun to hit with mushrooms for massive damage.

Fellhand on
  • trutHtrutH Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So is it wrong that I will ban Sona in every single ranked game for the first few weeks just because I want to make people rage?

trutH on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

I get tear first thing, just because people decide they can take bullshit damage "Because there is a healer there!" I'm casting spells constantly, at all times, always and forever.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Riot clarifies part of why Sona's Q doesn't seem to be as long range as it should be:
    It is an 800 range spell which hits the nearest targets, however, it prioritizes enemy champions within 650 range.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fun game last night. I really enjoyed the Pimp Garen Team. Garen, Miss Fortune, Sona, Eve, Janna.

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    played nasus last night.

got a quadra-kill. i don't care for 2 of them were KSs. :P

galactic nasus FTW!

Feldorn on
    edited September 2010
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Blitz or amumu getting her seems pretty dumb

They were trying to do that today but it's just move left right since you move so fast you can dodge the grab/pull

For some reason all the MFs I saw were taking middle. Bandage toss from the bushes with my 2 sunfire capes/despair/tantrum and down she goes.

That should be like

25 minutes in

Zen Vulgarity on
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    AP kog'maw is pretty viable if you're team can't dodge artillery >: [

Yarr, dude.

Pacificstar on
    edited September 2010
    With all the MF's and Sonas running around I think I'll play Yi for the next couple of weeks

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited September 2010
    play ghost flash olaf

FUCK

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited September 2010
    You mean ghost/smite olaf because if you're olaf you better be fucking jungling

Zen Vulgarity on