As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hairy [CHAT] Boobs

emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
Man boobs a.k.a. Gynecomastia

Yes, men can develop breasts in their lifetimes due to either too much estrogen or not enough testosterone. Athletes who suddenly stop using anabolic steroids, marijuana smoke, obesity - these sorts of things make male boobs become sensitive and swell. They sometimes go away by themselves after puberty but otherwise they have to be removed by liposuction surgery which most health insurance plans won't cover.

"According to statistics from both the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the national average for plastic surgeon fees for gynecomastia surgery is roughly $3,400."

Considering the high obesity rates for America kids, I suspect we'll see plenty more man boobs in the coming generation.

fight_club1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfONNfAjyrc

emnmnme on

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fun fact: if you combine the words 'man' and 'boobs', you get moobs.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    A friend of mine had Gynecomastia in his late teens, but if I remember right, was also seeking treatments and surgeries to reduce the severity. The last time I saw him, he had a perfectly normal chest, so obviously whatever options he did worked.

Unless he was wearing a bro.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    i can't handle this

sorry

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.