As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] daniels

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    After the first count of postal votes, they say that four more votes would've given one political block majority and spared us from possible re-election and influence from the resident racism-party.

Nuke us please.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I need to figure out how Widowmakers interact with my jack's shields. I hope they don't just straight up bypass them.

I think they don't since the shields just absorb the damage before it reaches the chart. Then I choose where on the chart to do my damage. So after I bypass them through damage from like a winterguard unit or a devastator or something then I can pretty much wipe out the shields lines depending how deep they are.

Makes sense, and good to know. Otherwise your widowmakers would have to die (even more so than usual).

what game is this?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I love that Minecraft is forcing people to learn boolean logic.

I will be making complex systems using karnaugh maps to keep resource consumption down.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    This is the only new [chat] that does not creep me out

the moobs one is more than i ever wanted to know about moobs

and the other is just....eugh

the other one is just fine

no worse than the comic

Dickwolves or hot ostrich?

emnmnme on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was trying to relate dominance to truth under the NAND operator and it hurt

I cant think of a genetics situation where being homozygous for a dominant trait turns it off

that doesn't mean it isn't real, and in fact I am fairly certain there are situations where this occurs

Arch on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    apple called and my computer is fixed

should i pick up Civ V tongiht?

or ride the haloes train for a while?

(i have friday off so i might pick up civ thurs night so i can geek out all day while frankie has to work)

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I need to figure out how Widowmakers interact with my jack's shields. I hope they don't just straight up bypass them.

I think they don't since the shields just absorb the damage before it reaches the chart. Then I choose where on the chart to do my damage. So after I bypass them through damage from like a winterguard unit or a devastator or something then I can pretty much wipe out the shields lines depending how deep they are.

Makes sense, and good to know. Otherwise your widowmakers would have to die (even more so than usual).

what game is this?

Warmachine, Will. Table top game kind of like Warhammer. Though we all play through a thing called Vassal which lets us play online. And is legal.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

what game is this?

Warmachine, it's a tabletop strategy game ala Warhammer, but, with a more skirmish feel, with more of an emphasis on small scale strategy and maneuvers I feel. I definitely get a chess like vibe from it in the way that your army hinges around one main dude (your Warcaster) and sort of fuels everything else.

Inquisitor on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I remember a while back someone was working on a java based pokemon clone that could be played online.

It was like the entire world, sprites, etc, and you walked around and collected pokemon and battled other people online.

Did that ever get made?

I'm still looking for good free and cheap games with or without multiplayer support, that can preferably be run from a flash drive.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Shields add to armor, they're not a separate anything.

So, Widowmakers have Sniper, which means that if they hit with their attack, they can choose to roll damage vs. their target's armor, or just do one straight up damage, and they can choose which column suffers damage (but not which damage box).

Unless your shields have special rules, Inqi, but I haven't seen anything that indicates that.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I remember a while back someone was working on a java based pokemon clone that could be played online.

It was like the entire world, sprites, etc, and you walked around and collected pokemon and battled other people online.

Did that ever get made?

I'm still looking for good free and cheap games with or without multiplayer support, that can preferably be run from a flash drive.

It did- but I worry about the legality and lifespan of it and also the quality.

Check aldo's free MMO thread

Arch on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ostriches.

Also, Will, you are a fetish nazi without all the fun parts of being a fetish nazi.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What kind of graphics card does your computer have anyway, Will? Make sure you have some breathing room as far as requirements are concerned so it doesn't blow up again.

Sarksus on
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man I hate threads like the "should I go back to pay for groceries thread," where it's a legitimate and interesting question and people get SO MAD over it.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
    edited September 2010

(i have friday off so i might pick up civ thurs night so i can geek out all day while frankie has to work)

Halo rots your brain! Is there a Mac demo for teh Civs?

emnmnme on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I love that Minecraft is forcing people to learn boolean logic.

I will be making complex systems using karnaugh maps to keep resource consumption down.

I'm hoping they just introduce a super efficient nand gate so I can just use that for everything.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited September 2010

So, Widowmakers have Sniper, which means that if they hit with their attack, they can choose to roll damage vs. their target's armor, or just do one straight up damage, and they can choose which column suffers damage (but not which damage box).

Unless your shields have special rules, Inqi, but I haven't seen anything that indicates that.

VH you just made my widowmakers so much more awesome than I thought. But I think he was talking about the special recharge shields that some jacks have, not the physical shields that are like shield walls.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Interestingly, depending on how you play, losing your Warcaster doesn't necessarily mean you lose the game.

If your army is 'jack heavy, you're fucked, but if it's infantry heavy, they can do a lot on their own.

Unless you decide beforehand that killing the Warcaster ends the game. Strangely enough, there isn't a definitive rule for that in the rulebook.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited September 2010

My guys have forcefields around them actually VH. A separate pool of damage that must be eaten through first before you can get to my systems. Also I can spend focus to regenerate these shields.

Inquisitor on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What this house needs is a carpet.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2010
    mmm, I need to get a handbag. and some jewelry. I miss rings. and a necklace.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I googled to see how I can transfer my Minecraft saves from my PC to my Mac and I found this:
    Your first mistake was getting a mac. Your second was suggesting that an inferior Mac could use it's sewer of a file system to pass files along to a PC.

Sarksus on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well, we have come to that time of the year where Toby's winter coat hasn't grown in yet, but it's cold enough that he wishes it had, so he spends every free moment possible curled up in my lap.

sigh Only kitties can be this cute and this annoying at the same time. <3

Passerbye on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    if i were bruno mars my song would be like

i wanna be a billionaire
    so fucking bad
    so i could buy an audi while kids starve and also i'd own $20m penthouse apartment in the upper west side and i'd have an indoor pool and a full basketball court and i'd eat at french restaurants every night and man being rich would be sweet, sorry poor folks

Organichu on
    edited September 2010

My guys have forcefields around them actually VH. A separate pool of damage that must be eaten through first before you can get to my systems. Also I can spend focus to regenerate these shields.
    Where are the rules for those? I've seen references to them, but there's nothing on the actual character sheet for the 'jacks that detail exactly how they work.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited September 2010
    Interestingly, depending on how you play, losing your Warcaster doesn't necessarily mean you lose the game.

If your army is 'jack heavy, you're fucked, but if it's infantry heavy, they can do a lot on their own.

Unless you decide beforehand that killing the Warcaster ends the game. Strangely enough, there isn't a definitive rule for that in the rulebook.

Of course, this is why I'm glad that Privateer Press seems to be bringing their focus back towards jacks and away from infantry. The more interesting mechanics lie with the jacks, imo.

Inquisitor on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ostriches.

Also, Will, you are a fetish nazi without all the fun parts of being a fetish nazi.

it was a terrible thread

tyrannus on
    edited September 2010
    My moobs thread! Nothing but ashes now!

emnmnme on
    edited September 2010

Actually a basic game ends when one of the enemy warcasters is defeated. Scenarios are a different monkey I haven't figured out.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited September 2010

Where are the rules for those? I've seen references to them, but there's nothing on the actual character sheet for the 'jacks that detail exactly how they work.

The rules are hidden away in a tiny blurb on pg. 59 of the rulebook and you'll notice that each of my jacks have a section under their boxes that says "Field Damage" and then a number. That's how strong their shields are. It seems that lights always have 6 and heavies always have 10.

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2010

I think so. I think a couple of the jacks with force fields are in privateer press's website on the quick start rules page 2.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited September 2010
    Actually, never mind, there are force field rules in the rulebook. Apparently, even if a specific column is chosen by the attacker, you still have to burn through the force field damage boxes before doing damage to that column.

I still don't see any mention of the force field damage boxes on the actual character pages in the Forces book, though.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited September 2010
    ostriches.

thank you!

fetishism is definitely on the "tolerate" end of my tolerance/ accpetance/ endorsement spectrum

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited September 2010
    Ah, okay, I didn't notice that before, Inqi.

Yet another annoying thing about Scryah. :P

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited September 2010
    ostriches.

thank you!

fetishism is definitely on the "tolerate" end of my tolerance/ accpetance/ endorsement spectrum

you're welcome

you can add another feather to your nazi cap

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    also didn't you like my little kachina doll?

finding a fetsh doll was a thorny proposition given my work filter

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited September 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »

Halo rots your brain! Is there a Mac demo for teh Civs?

i don't think so yet. i plan on playing it through my boot camp partition

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited September 2010
    Well, it looks like I qualify for 5 different job positions at Riot Games (and some of them quite well, why yes I am an english major with a 3.75+ gpa).

It looks like they want each application for each position to be a separate email...time to spam the shit out of some inboxes.

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2010
    it was nice

you should have just posted a barbie though

maybe skipper with pop-out boobs

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    also didn't you like my little kachina doll?

finding a fetsh doll was a thorny proposition given my work filter

Oh ho ho, now I get it. I thought Will was just hot for hollow dolls with holes in their bases.

emnmnme on
This discussion has been closed.