As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Verom's stash: Meatboy painting

2»

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think the fantasy sketch is fine. The only thing I could suggest is to increase the size of the hands, they feel a little small.

The japanophile? no idea, it's not a cultural phenomena I'm even remotely familiar with.

I really like them though Verom.

Mustang on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think the "neckbeard" looks like less of a neckbeard than the neckbeard you drew for "retro".

The Japanophile and neckbeard could use 1 or 2 really striking symbols to drive them home. Retro has the Powerglove, competitive has the arcade stick, fantasy has the wizard hat and magic spell (the center of which should be a die imo).

Japanophile is almost there with the cat ears and Pocky. They just need to be exaggerated more. I'm not exactly sure whats going on with the satchel there.

Neckbeard should probably actually have a neckbeard, first off. And maybe a black shirt with white text, like "Joss Whedon is my Homeboy" or something. Bonus points if the font is really gritty and edgy.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Actually I agree with fug about neckbeard, he kinda looks more like the unabomber than a neckbeard.
    I'd lighten up the rings around his eyes a bit, and maybe make him 18% less disgruntled.

Mustang on
  • Options
    VeromVerom Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Was totally happy with the retrogamer's look, I don't plan on changing it much, so an example of it fully inked.
    cretrogamer.png

Verom on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Finally finished with this, and am pretty happy with it

cgamers.png
    [bigger]

Verom on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Schoolwork stuff
    m-vero_mine.png
    http://art.ngfiles.com/images/102/m-vero_mine.png

Started as a self portrait, for whatever reason ended up giving myself mutton chops a mullet and a beard.
    Still surprisingly accurate though, other than the giant eyebrows.
    I do not like the hand, not too experienced with crosshatching and got a bit too ambitious with that and messed up.
    m-vero_yo-2.png
    http://art.ngfiles.com/images/102/m-vero_yo-2.png

Wip, experimenting with thinner lines, messed up on the arms, they're a bit short.
    ngbbs4cbd00434ceb6.jpg

Verom on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    More wipliness
    feelinhip.jpg

Verom on
  • Options
    Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ^^^
    "Whoa, this belt's pretty badass. Almost makes me wanna squeeze into my badass red jeans."
    Except he may not be wearing a belt. God I wish I had some red jeans. Good pic too.

Arden Canelo on
  • Options
    AlecxantAlecxant Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Verom wrote: »
    More wipliness
    feelinhip.jpg

kinda gots a Jamie Hewlett-y (see Gorillaz) look to it. The shadows are kinda extreme on the pants though to me. still pretty tasty, keep it up.

Alecxant on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I definitely see what you're getting at with the gorillaz kinda style, and the shading layer was green so it got the reds really dark.
    Almost everyone thought what I usually draw as the elastic bit at the bottom of sweatshirts was a belt so I just made it a belt. Messed with colors a bunch and fixed the shading.
    ngbbs4cc0e50496c2d.jpg
    http://art.ngfiles.com/images/103/m-vero_feelin-hip.png

Verom on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Been gone for a few months and I honestly don't have much to show for it
    m-vero_crazy-fucking-octopus-eye-shit.png
    big
    Crazy tedious octopus I did for art class
    and a whole bunch of pokemon I did for people for facebook's pokemon december thing
    pokemonsmall.png
    Bigger
    It was good shading practice though I'll give it that

Verom on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm pretty damn proud of this, not the best, but easily my best painting to date.
    meatboy.png
    And critiques would be very appreciated.

Verom on
  • Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    was this over on concept art?

NakedZergling on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I don't post over there so it shouldn't be

Verom on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Very cool.

Although I'm not particularly good with shading, there seems to be something slightly off with the leftmost edge on meat-boy's body. While the one on his right seems quite three-dimensional, this one seems kind of flat, probably because there's not much variation in tone. It's a great piece already, but I think it'd make a big difference.

Flay on