As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shores of Hazeron - It's about Spaceships!

• Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My first ship design didn't have any berths and was crappy and slow!

Luckily I couldn't build or buy it before the rollback and it was great practice.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm so engrossed in species creation right now. I started out wanting to make something similar to the Hopkinsville Goblins, but now I've got a cross between a frog and Mothman. It is awesome.

Can someone tell me what the different stats do and how important they are?

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I would suggest lowering speed to 8 or 9 because otherwise you'll be zooming around your ship slamming into walls and corners, especially when the lag is bad.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, I got spaceships for my guy, only to discover two things:

1) Having a really (really) huge head means it's incredibly difficult to actually SEE the consoles, and makes navigating around something of a pain in the ass
    2) There is no Lumenite in my system. At all. I scanned every single solid body and found nothing.

:(

Garthor on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ok, I'm finally home and getting on... who can I vassallify myself to?

vassalage?

vasselship?

e: I are found oil! yippee.

it is too far away to run a road. second city founded. le sigh.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    RykeRyke Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ok our Fleshreapers empire is starting to shape up now. I have colonized a moon and we have a steady flow of eludium coming in. Tomorrow I will colonize another planet in the system that has lumenite so that we can get some worm drives up and going.

I had designed a ship titled Shuttle A for now which has no worm drive, it is mainly a cargo transport for now.

I'll start production of these ships in St. Wang soon.

Garthor, get your butt in our empire and lets do this.

Ryke on
    XBL: Ryke Kardine SteamID: Ryke
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I cannot figure out how to gather resources our use my natural weapons. Any help with this?

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I cannot figure out how to gather resources our use my natural weapons. Any help with this?

You have to click in the center of where the resource touches the ground. It's known that this is crappy and is being worked.

Scroll your mousewheel to select which weapon you want to use. Assigned an item (including weapons) to a number key by selecting the item and hitting alt-#, then just hit the number to bring up the item.

Do I need to do anything special besides building a harbor in each city to share resources? I found a single spawn of oil and built a small city to harvest it and a road to a harbor to ship it to my main city... but so far none is coming in.

Dyvion on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Okay thanks. I was wondering if I was doing it wrong, I guess I just need to work on my aim.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ok, oil delivery in progress, my industry is in full swing now, my capitol is being built, and there are too many commas in this sentence.

Hopefully money will start rolling in now, so I can research stuff.

Dyvion on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Garthor wrote: »
    Man, I got spaceships for my guy, only to discover two things:

1) Having a really (really) huge head means it's incredibly difficult to actually SEE the consoles, and makes navigating around something of a pain in the ass
    2) There is no Lumenite in my system. At all. I scanned every single solid body and found nothing.

:(

Check for invisible planets. You can still buy ships with lumenite and eludium parts if you have the money.

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    For the life of me I just cannot get a log. Man this is frustrating.

EDIT: And I can't seem to drop this rock I picked up, or anything for that matter.

EDIT2: I can't seem to make anything either. This is really weird.

EDIT3: Logging out and logging back in seemed to fix my problems.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    For the life of me I just cannot get a log. Man this is frustrating.

EDIT: And I can't seem to drop this rock I picked up, or anything for that matter.

EDIT2: I can't seem to make anything either. This is really weird.

EDIT3: Logging out and logging back in seemed to fix my problems.

This needs to go in the opening post or the title or something. We keep telling people this.

e: I just looked at the OP to make sure it wasn't there... it still lists the PA empire as "The Merch Republic". It also says "Type it in to join".
    Whenever I type in that bar it just deletes what I type as I type it, I have to scroll down as it populates... very very slowly.

Dyvion on
  • Options
    x2yzh9x2yzh9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    No one has told me the name of PA's empire.

x2yzh9 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    x2yzh9 wrote: »
    No one has told me the name of PA's empire.

It was a page back or so.

The new empire is named "The Fleshreapers"

Ryke on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ryke wrote: »
    The way I was able to get into our empire was manually type in "The Merch Republic" in the search field hit enter so that it populates the screen with a blank room, but you will notice it says faction type: "Republic" on the left side.
    When you hit enter the empire search field goes blank, so you have to retype the "The Merch Republic" back into the search field. This time don't press enter to search for that empire again, instead click on create character and enter your name and then pray.

Edit: I know this is strange but for some reason when the empire name goes blank the game doesnt know the name of the empire. It has worked for me like this three times having to recreate my character, but it will only work if the servers are actually letting people in. You may have to try a few times, but it should work!

This is how you get into the empire when it doesnt have a capital to be listed.

Just change the empire name to "The Fleshreapers" and away you go!

Ryke on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm calling this one dead! The *&@#&%!#$#@ bug with the &*&*$@#!@!# that took over my life last month has finally died. If I could hurt it while it died I would. Much satisfaction would be derived from watching it die an agonizing death, shrieking and flopping around after being scalded with buckets of boiling animal fat, then eaten by millions of starving locusts, you know, the big nasty ones. Then spiders maybe, yeah, spiders, lots of them. Oooh! Somebody get me a fork.

Thursday evening, waiting calmly for servers to finish loading. After many hours of testing today, I expect the server farm to run smooth and stable. When the servers are up, I will resume rescuing characters from limbo who have sent e-mail over the past couple of weeks. You should each get an e-mail response as I locate your dudes. Sorry this has proceeded slowly. Hang in there. I have lots of e-mail to check.

Looks like i'm not getting any sleep tonight if the servers are actually stable and smooth!

Ryke on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Haxus has declared the bug fixed.
    I'm calling this one dead! The *&@#&%!#$#@ bug with the &*&*$@#!@!# that took over my life last month has finally died. If I could hurt it while it died I would. Much satisfaction would be derived from watching it die an agonizing death, shrieking and flopping around after being scalded with buckets of boiling animal fat, then eaten by millions of starving locusts, you know, the big nasty ones. Then spiders maybe, yeah, spiders, lots of them. Oooh! Somebody get me a fork.

rayofash on
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    rayofash wrote: »
    Haxus has declared the bug fixed.

I laughed so hard when I read that. Here's hoping things run nice and smooth from now on!

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    This is weird, every time I get in the game crashes to the desktop.

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    He's not the only one. (to hope it runs smooth.)

Dyvion on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Archonex, were going to need you to make a city the capitol and set the tax rate at like 12% so we can start working out on TL research.

Ryke on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It's smoother! Also, rocket ships get!

Getting used to flying one was difficult... now I'm off to find a suitable moon!

Dyvion on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Why is everyone making their own empires =/

We need more mans to expand this one!

Ryke on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    If their like me, it is because they want to make their own species. Oh, and the Hastur Oligarchy has been founded and the first town has been built.

I am a tiny winged frog. I look so adorable flying. :mrgreen:

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Yeah. Spreading out into multiple empires is a bad idea. It just opens them up to being conquered since there aren't as many people to defend/tech them up (Perhaps by a certain Fruitfucker...).

Also, i'll work on the capital today. Unfortunately, my hard-drive crashed, along with all my files, so i've had to spend the last day scrambling to fix the damage.

Which city is the most developed at the moment?

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Archonex wrote: »

Yeah. Spreading out into multiple empires is a bad idea. It just opens them up to being conquered since there aren't as many people to defend/tech them up (Perhaps by a certain Fruitfucker...).

Also, i'll work on the capital today. Unfortunately, my hard-drive crashed, along with all my files, so i've had to spend the last day scrambling to fix the damage.

Which city is the most developed at the moment?

Just make St. Wang the capitol. I already have a capital building placed in the center of town.

Ryke on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ryke made me mayor of his Lumenite outpost so hopefully we'll get some sweet resources before I somehow run it into the ground.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I can't get into the game :'( !!!!!! I even tried making a new account, it's just broken:

MDSZJ.png

I've tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it and it didn't fix anything. I don't know what to do >.< !

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    There are only 6 players on right now, and I am having trouble getting on. sadface.

Dyvion on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The servers aren't technically ready yet. You'll be able to get in within 10 minutes or so.

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The servers aren't technically ready yet. You'll be able to get in within 10 minutes or so.

Woohoo.

My empire is set up. Gonna create a fleshreaper now and go find a [strike]city[/strike] planet/solar system to colonize. That's my goal for today.

Dyvion on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yay! I'm in! I wonder what made it start working?

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Hopefully I'll be able to join you soon. last I saw there were 16 on. probably approaching max.

e: 29 in now. argh.

e2: Ok, finally got in... but the movement server (?) is busted. I can interact with everything just fine. Open and close my EVA helmet... kill creatures... buy and sell things. but I can't walk anywhere. Trying to relog now.

e3: Ok, I've tried and tried and tried... I can't create a member of The Fleshreapers. Anyone know how the Vassal system works? I'd gladly become a vassal of the empire.

Dyvion on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Dyvion wrote: »

Hopefully I'll be able to join you soon. last I saw there were 16 on. probably approaching max.

e: 29 in now. argh.

e2: Ok, finally got in... but the movement server (?) is busted. I can interact with everything just fine. Open and close my EVA helmet... kill creatures... buy and sell things. but I can't walk anywhere. Trying to relog now.

e3: Ok, I've tried and tried and tried... I can't create a member of The Fleshreapers. Anyone know how the Vassal system works? I'd gladly become a vassal of the empire.

First you get in physical contact with them, then jest declare yourself a vassal of them in the political (F12) window. If they're empire has declared a capitol you can find them in the 3D galaxy map.

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Archonex, you still having trouble getting on? We need to set a capital and get our research underway.

If your not going to be on for a while, might want to make Max or I king until your able to get back on so we can start expanding the empire.

Right now were kinda at a stand still....

Ryke on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Every time I try to log in it gives me a fatal error with AUSceneClient when I get to the gameworld, proper.

I'm trying to get around it. Hopefully I should be able to get on later today.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Archonex wrote: »
    Every time I try to log in it gives me a fatal error with AUSceneClient when I get to the gameworld, proper.

I'm trying to get around it. Hopefully I should be able to get on later today.

I've made several more attempts at making a fleshreaper citizen. all failed. I did find The Merch Republic though. Didn't create another one of them though.

Dyvion on
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Good news everybody! One of our neighbor systems just one wormhole away is a ringworld system. I've already plopped the flag, laying claim to Fruitfucker Omega. It's mind boggling how huge ringworlds are.

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    EnergenoEnergeno Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Good news everybody! One of our neighbor systems just one wormhole away is a ringworld system. I've already plopped the flag, laying claim to Fruitfucker Omega. It's mind boggling how huge ringworlds are.

If it isn't a Dyson sphere why even bother? Goddamn half-assery is what it is.

Energeno on