As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] daniels

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know, I think I'm giving up on the idea of social outcomes charity as ever being likely to solve the worlds problems. I think they give hope and alleviate suffering and I will still give money to them. But I have zero belief that their works will improve the regions of the world they operate in without massive technological advances.

electricitylikesme on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So going to buy Baldurs Gate off GOG this weekend. I even have my original 6 discs (5 from the box + the expansion). But it is a bitch and a half to get it to work off the disc on a modern machine (unlike steam, GoG actually checks these things) but mostly: no more disc swapping. Weeeee.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    The cabling is expensive and a little more difficult to work with. Like, you can fold a CAT5 cable at a nearly 180-degree angle and it will still work. You do that with fiber and you can ruin your cable.
    feral wrote:
    CAT5 cable at a nearly 180-degree angle
    feral wrote:
    180-degree angle

straight-angles.gif

I would hope you can fold a CAT-5 cable to 180-degree angle.

If you were to fold a wire, the origin would be at the point at which you fold it and zero degrees would be a straight wire. 180 degrees from the zero position would be folded all the way back on itself.

So there.

didsomeonegettold.jpeg

HappylilElf on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    And yes the last military unit you get is called Giant Death Robot. And it is a giant robot with lasers and rockets. But cost almost as much as a nuclear missile to build.

:!::!::!::!::!:

Oh man this is what Civ has always needed!

It has a strength of 150 (compare to starting warrior's strength of 6, musketman's strength of 13, infantry's of 20) but takes huge penalties when trying to attack or defend a city.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    there's a guy in g+t that is in bronze after 700 games of sc2

everyone cheers him on

it makes me feel bad to find that funny but I totally do

Is it bad that I've lost to people like that. I'll come out of a match after getting 6 pool raped (I HATE ZvZ) and I'll see that they've played hundreds of games, and they've 6 pooled all the last few games I've looked at.

How much do you have to hate yourself to do that several hundred times and still not be ranking up?

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    And yes the last military unit you get is called Giant Death Robot. And it is a giant robot with lasers and rockets. But cost almost as much as a nuclear missile to build.

Call to Power had them. It was Call to Power's only redeeming feature.

CTP2 was pretty cool. You could build cities in the sky.

There was a CTP2? Really? Wasn't the first one enough of crime?

Thomamelas on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »

everyone cheers him on

Is it bad that I've lost to people like that. I'll come out of a match after getting 6 pool raped (I HATE ZvZ) and I'll see that they've played hundreds of games, and they've 6 pooled all the last few games I've looked at.

How much do you have to hate yourself to do that several hundred times and still not be ranking up?

sooo funny

Casual Eddy on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm pretty much stuck in high gold ranks

doubt I'll ever move

nexuscrawler on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Argh, fuck.

Gmail is doing that thing where stuff that I delete doesn't stay deleted again.

japan on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OLOL BLOCKBUSTER

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »

everyone cheers him on

sooo funny

Starcraft, really any RTS in general, is a game in which my goal would be to not rank up.

I don't want to play against the freaks.

Then again I don't want to play multiplayer at all really so there is that :P

HappylilElf on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    fiber gets plenty of use for high end video editing servers and whatnot

and cleaning out colons.

oh if onlyyou knew

:winky:

nexuscrawler on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Watching the Bioshock Infinite 10 minute gameplay.

Jesus christ, I hope you don't mind hair raising rollercoasters and heights. D:

WMain00 on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Watching the Bioshock Infinite 10 minute gameplay.

Jesus christ, I hope you don't mind hair raising rollercoasters and heights. D:

It'll be interesting if there's a lot of that in the game, we'll see.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think I'll leave early today.

Dunadan019 on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've been attempting to deny it, but I enjoyed watching Dancing with the Stars last night.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010
    I've been attempting to deny it, but I enjoyed watching Dancing with the Stars last night.

In the scale of gay vs straight your brain, gay just seriously won a major blow.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I can't do Dancing with the Stars.

I can do So You Think You Can Dance though. That's awesome.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

In the scale of gay vs straight your brain, gay just seriously won a major blow.

It was off set by the chub I sported when Bristol Palin had that suit ripped off.

Thomamelas on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

It's a big improvement over 1. It's pretty much Civ2 with slightly better graphics, waaaaay more stuff your workers can build on terrain plus a lot more far future things like floating sky cities and mag tubes.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited September 2010

It was off set by the chub I sported when Bristol Palin had that suit ripped off.

Really bristol palin thom? Really? I mean come on.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010

It's a big improvement over 1. It's pretty much Civ2 with slightly better graphics, waaaaay more stuff your workers can build on terrain plus a lot more far future things like floating sky cities and mag tubes.

I could have sworn CTP had space cites and the mag tubes.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010

What? I know she'll put out.

Thomamelas on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010

I adore the show over here, under the guise of Strictly Come Dancing. Adore it.

Bogart on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Seriously, She's an idiot, her mother is an idiot, you've got a 100% chance of knocking her up, and she lives in Alaska.

Her vagina is like the Tomb Of Horrors for your cock.

amateurhour on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Who is the person that does Major's Minute on XBL? I need to punch out their smarm.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2010

Seriously, She's an idiot, her mother is an idiot, you've got a 100% chance of knocking her up, and she lives in Alaska.

And you know it would be the Willest of sex there is. And only on a strictly "for a baby" schedule. And going to church and the rest.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010
    Bogart wrote: »

I adore the show over here, under the guise of Strictly Come Dancing. Adore it.

I liked the dancing bits. I don't really care who wins. Mostly just pretty people dressed well and doing ballroom is what interested me. Don't even care about the bitchy judges.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010

Fake ID and condoms. Come on, you act like I have no experience with dating crazy people. And look, I'm not talking marriage. I'm not even talking dating. Just a night of sweaty sex and then sneaking out in the morning.

Thomamelas on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

And you know it would be the Willest of sex there is. And only on a strictly "for a baby" schedule. And going to church and the rest.

i bet she'd be down for doggystyle over a dead bear

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fake ID and condoms. Come on, you act like I have no experience with dating crazy people. And look, I'm not talking marriage. I'm not even talking dating. Just a night of sweaty sex and then sneaking out in the morning.

Dressed like her mom in the dancing show costume y/n?

desc on
    edited September 2010

You can't sneak past crazy man. Crazy keeps a shotgun and stands watch like the Terminator.

amateurhour on
    edited September 2010

Nope, my money is on deeply repressed freakyness. Sure she'd be feeling guilty as hell in the morning, but again, I won't be there.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010
    Man, actually drawing a comic book is SO MUCH harder than wanting to draw a comic book.

I seriously don't know how the guys that pencil like two or three pages a day to make a living with Marvel or DC do it.

I really don't.

amateurhour on
    edited September 2010
    desc wrote: »

Dressed like her mom in the dancing show costume y/n?

In the suit yes. The dress under it no. I hate that fringe style dress. Change it to a simpler red dress and yes.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010

Nope, my money is on deeply repressed freakyness. Sure she'd be feeling guilty as hell in the morning, but again, I won't be there.

Thom lets be honest here, you dont have the best track record with sneaking out on crazy.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    bristol palin has a homely face but a pretty nice body for a politician's daughter.

Organichu on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    paper bag palin

(might be more fun with plastic)

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Man, actually drawing a comic book is SO MUCH harder than wanting to draw a comic book.

I seriously don't know how the guys that pencil like two or three pages a day to make a living with Marvel or DC do it.

I really don't.

They draw and draw and draw until they're very good. It takes a long time to get good.

An alternative plan is to draw really badly and become inexplicably popular in the nineteen-nineties.

Bogart on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's a pretty good sunset tonight. Exciting red clouds.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
This discussion has been closed.