As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Highschool

urbmanurbman Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Graphic Violence
While I was at work today I was thinking about the marvel universe and all the cool things they have done with it like marvel zombies; and I got to thinking of cool parralles. The one i came up with is at every major marvel super attends the same highschool.

Some of the heroes and villians would be teachers but most would be students. Like Captain America Professor X and Magneto could be teachers. All the heroes would be in different grades. The idea I had for the fantasic four was Sue dated Doom and Reed has a crush on her and they fight over her and Ben always sticks up for Reed, while Johnny just doesnt like Doom and kinda looks up to Ben. Spiderman is well just spiderman who has a beef with his science teacher Mr.Osbourn. For the Xmen I had the love triangle of Scott Jean and Logan, Logan is a senior and like Jean who is a Sophmore while Scoot likes her to and hes a junior.

And the list and go on and on from their. Anyone else have any cool ideas about the Marvel or Dc.

Also I would just like to say that this is my first post here in Graphic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
urbman on

• Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Er.....No thank you.

I mean, as like a webcomic or something...maybe.

But as an actual published comic that you buy with actual money? No.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    http://www.webcomicsnation.com/snufflymonkey/yearone/series.php

Kind of like what you were saying, only its all marvel characters and they are all elementary school kids. Its pretty damn funny sometimes.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I was thinking of something like a one or two shot novel. It would just be like them in highschool with their superpowers and what that would be like at a highschool. All so just came up with Dr. Strange would be princple.

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ugh...this may well be the worst notion ever. Highschool angst and drama with super powers. Am I supposed to be going yay? D:

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Ugh...this may well be the worst notion ever. Highschool angst and drama with super powers. Am I supposed to be going yay? D:

There are good ways to tell these kinds of stories, there's a reason series like Teen Titans, Runaways, Young Avengers etc are popular.

This is not a good way though.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »

There are good ways to tell these kinds of stories, there's a reason series like Teen Titans, Runaways, Young Avengers etc are popular.

Yeah, the closest thing that comes to mind is Ultimate Spider-Man. Or perhaps various X-men titles dealing with the students.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Idea sounds pretty bad. If you want to read superheroes and high school done right, just pick up Spider-man Loves Mary Jane. Surprisingly good fun book.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    urbman wrote: »

Also I would just like to say that this is my first post here in Graphic.

oh hey terriffic

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This is one of those ideas that gets even worse the more you describe it.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Anyone ever read Sidekicks? One of my favorite comics. Too bad only three isues and a special ever made it out. The artist for that did the Mary Jane comic too, and some other X-Men work.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It just sounded like a cool idea while i was at work, I get bored there easily.

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sounds like the movie Sky High, except with Marvel characters.

The movie as a whole wasn't that great, but it had a lot of little touches that I liked.

Plus it had Bruce Campbell, so... that's nice.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »

Yeah, the closest thing that comes to mind is Ultimate Spider-Man. Or perhaps various X-men titles dealing with the students.

Yeah I dont know why I didnt mention USM... that series is at its essence high schol angst/drama with super powers. And it's one of the best books every month. That's how you do it right.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LRGLRG Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My first reaction is never positive to teen drama.

BUT

if this idea was played for laughs and lacked any serious angst- say written by Dan Slott, I'd buy the shit outta this here.

Imagine Spider-man literally crying in the corner because the other kids make fun of him, or Osborn thrown in jail for giving a "private study session" to Gwen Stacy.

LRG on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Its like Archie, but with super-powers.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I suggest getting the X-Men Evolution DVDs.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Htown wrote: »

The movie as a whole wasn't that great, but it had a lot of little touches that I liked.

I'm glad someone else sort of liked that besides me.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    urbman wrote: »
    It just sounded like a cool idea while i was at work, I get bored there easily.

I wouldn't feel too bad. I think it's a decent idea. It could just be a little cute series. I don't see anything wrong with it.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I clicked on this link hoping this was already a real publication. I think it's a great idea and would be even better if done in the theme of this short film, Fast Times at Superhero High. Check it out.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Deadpool as the weird dude who relishes the fact he gets under everyone's skin.

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Deadpool as the weird dude who is like 25 but still goes to school, even though he was kicked out and creeps out all the students and teachers.

Fix'd for More Deadpool'y.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Magically_StoopidMagically_Stoopid Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

And two of the five Kids in The Hall...

As for the idea, it's not exactly what I would call... good. Sorry but even as a comedy it seems like it could just be overly cheesy.

Magically_Stoopid on
    Crustyrailgun.gif
    My Wii numbers - 5427 1165 2806 1979
    ~PM me if you add me to your Wii Address book with your Wii numbers~
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Sky High was fun, I enjoy that movie. That is how an idea like this would have to work, new universe with new heroes, using existing stuff would just make it cheesy like someone said.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    FolkFolk Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Grounded was a really really good book.

Folk on
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I appreciate that comics should target their demographic... and maybe I'm outside it these days. But I hate stories set in schools, or all teen angsty. I cant watch smallville - and took quite a while to watch Heroes, because of the "save the cheerleader, save the world" slogan. I assumed it was a teen story.

But thats purely a personal thing.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So is Dr.Strange going to be teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts?

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Did anyone see Volcano High? Such a good concept, such a shame.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Would this series have a very special issue where Franklin Castle brings a gun to school and shoots Willy Fisk, the kid that sells candy bars at a 100% mark-up to pay for the jazz band's trip to Ohio?

Because I'd so buy that.

Munch on
  • Options
    temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    Would this series have a very special issue where Franklin Castle brings a gun to school and shoots Willy Fisk, the kid that sells candy bars at a 100% mark-up to pay for the jazz band's trip to Ohio?

Because I'd so buy that.

that actually sounds pretty cool.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine