As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

chat explained

1616263646567»

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So say you're 19, and you knock over a bottle of wine in a store accidentally, could they make you pay for it?

I don't think they usually make people pay for that kind of stuff. I knocked over some olive oil at Trader Joe's once, and they just told me to forget about it.
    At Trader Joe's I figured they'd knock some over too just so you don't feel bad.

And then mock people who don't walk on olive oil because thats what cool people do...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Penhold styles have suffered in recent years due to their inherent weakness on the backhand side. This weakness makes it much harder for penhold beginners to perform well against their shakehand counterparts. However, this has not stopped the top penhold players from winning the World Championships, the World Cup and the Olympic games regularly, as the backhand weakness can be covered adequately with excellent footwork, or supplemented with the recent reverse penhold backhand loop innovation.

OH SHIT SON REVERSE PENHOLD BACKHAND LOOP FTW

Inquisitor on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Another fucked up thing over here is if someone under 21 uses a fake ID to buy alcohol the store/person who sold it to them still gets fined!

And I don't mean a friend's driver's license that doesn't really look like the person, I mean a bootleg ID with your picture and all the right information on there.

I've seen people with out-of-state IDs get turned away because the person didn't trust it.

Nocturne on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Not that I make a habit of it, but I've never been asked to pay for something I broke accidentally. Last time this happened to me I broke some of a case of beer I was pulling out of the cooler at the on base liquor store (the cardboard was super flimsy, which I had never encountered before and the whole thing just came apart in my hands and hit the ground). The guy who came over gave me a different case of the same beer, asked me to cradle it from underneath this time, and told me I could not help him clean it up.

It was pretty embarrassing, but I definitely was not asked to pay for it.

Regina Fong on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So say you're 19, and you knock over a bottle of wine in a store accidentally, could they make you pay for it?

I don't think they usually make people pay for that kind of stuff. I knocked over some olive oil at Trader Joe's once, and they just told me to forget about it.
    At Trader Joe's I figured they'd knock some over too just so you don't feel bad.

Yeah, and then they carried me out of the store on their shoulders.

How did you know?

Robos A Go Go on
    edited September 2010
    Not that I make a habit of it, but I've never been asked to pay for something I broke accidentally. Last time this happened to me I broke some of a case of beer I was pulling out of the cooler at the on base liquor store (the cardboard was super flimsy, which I had never encountered before and the whole thing just came apart in my hands and hit the ground). The guy who came over gave me a different case of the same beer, asked me to cradle it from underneath this time, and told me I could not help him clean it up.

Man you gays get all the breaks, first you get more rights and now you get free beer? FUCK ME!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Another fucked up thing over here is if someone under 21 uses a fake ID to buy alcohol the store/person who sold it to them still gets fined!

And I don't mean a friend's driver's license that doesn't really look like the person, I mean a bootleg ID with your picture and all the right information on there.

I've seen people with out-of-state IDs get turned away because the person didn't trust it.

I had a waitress refuse my Alabama driver's license and insist on seeing my military ID at a restaurant one time. And it's not like I look young, I really really don't.

Regina Fong on
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

Man you gays get all the breaks, first you get more rights and now you get free beer? FUCK ME!

Well obviously I paid for the case of beer I left the store with.

Regina Fong on
    edited September 2010

Well obviously I paid for the case of beer I left the store with.

Sure you did jeep, sure you did. That's it straight ticket R!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    argh

now it won't stop stopping copying

computers do not like me today : (

and I just realized that I'm not sure I have enough drinking for tonight and bluh

ugh

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Collapsing cases of beer are a common retail occurrence.

Usually it's from cases at the bottom of a stack, or that have been sitting in the bottom of a fridge, and the cardboard has got damp. Even if it dries, the base of the pack is drastically weakened and it'll fall apart as soon as someone picks it up.

japan on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I had a waitress refuse my Alabama driver's license and insist on seeing my military ID at a restaurant one time. And it's not like I look young, I really really don't.
    In Boston, you can't buy any alcohol at a grocery store with an out of state ID. I discovered this at PAX. Fortunately Boston bars are cool with it.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't drive so I don't have a drivers liscense so I use my passport for ID all the time.

It's funny when I get the odd person who thinks I'm using a fake or someone elses' ID or just looking really hard just to appear to be tough/in power.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited September 2010
    I don't drive so I don't have a drivers liscense so I use my passport for ID all the time.

It's funny when I get the odd person who thinks I'm using a fake or someone elses' ID or just looking really hard just to appear to be tough/in power.

You dont have your drivers license? You are silly.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010
    So I'm upgrading my RAM, but I may need a new motherboard also. If I put a new motherboard into my computer will my OS, hard drive and so forth work with it or should I just build a new computer from scratch?

Regina Fong on
    edited September 2010

In Boston, you can't buy any alcohol at a grocery store with an out of state ID. I discovered this at PAX the lesser. Fortunately Boston bars are cool with it.

Fixed that for proper social status.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010

Don't have or will be owning a car anytime soon and public transit is good enough for me in Toronto.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited September 2010

Don't have or will be owning a car anytime soon and public transit is good enough for me in Toronto.

Canadians.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I'm upgrading my RAM, but I may need a new motherboard also. If I put a new motherboard into my computer will my OS, hard drive and so forth work with it or should I just build a new computer from scratch?

Your OS will work with your new Mobo, it will just need to be reinstalled. Your hard drive will probably work with your new Mobo, but I would check on that. There was a conversion from IDE to SATA over the past several years, and if your HD is the former and the Mobo only has the latter, it won't work.

Along those same lines if you have a separate video card, check to see if it's SATA or AGP or whatnot, and that the Mobo has that kind of connection.

Nocturne on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    you did it wrong, preacher

you're supposed to be all like

Canadians.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited September 2010

I don't have mine for multiple medical reasons.

So instead I have a liquor card from the LCBO run by the provincial government. Which is real ID, but all the bartenders look at me funny, despite it being illegal to refuse one. They think it's really easy to fake - on the other hand, I had to get my dentist to sign off on mine.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Canadians.

Sorry nerd, exchange rate on italics prevented me.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010
    And now I'm going to restart because things are being silly. And I feel like crying. : (

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

So instead I have a liquor card from the LCBO run by the provincial government. Which is real ID, but all the bartenders look at me funny, despite it being illegal to refuse one. They think it's really easy to fake - on the other hand, I had to get my dentist to sign off on mine.

Yeah I remember looking at those once but too much of a hassle.

I will probably get my G1 license sometime, I think my mom wants me to get it soon but midterms are right around the corner so heh

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited September 2010

Canadians.

that's no excuse, young man

Nerdgasmic on
    edited September 2010

Canadians.

that's no excuse, young man

I'm double your age nerd, I've got jerk rags older then you.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010
    you aren't 30, mang

Nerdgasmic on
    edited September 2010
    you aren't 30, mang

Aren't you 14? Oh shit I've got the zeimers...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I believe you can get a regular state ID card, at least you could in Michigan.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    And now I'm going to restart because things are being silly. And I feel like crying. : (

*hug*

Organichu on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Nooo don't feel like crying. D: What can I do to change this turn of events?

Silas Brown on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    It's hard for me to justify fast food with the lunch specials places have these days.

I can get a salad and half sandwich and a mound of fries from an actual restaurant for around the same price I can get a combo from Carls Jr.

Fast food has become solely a matter of convenience or "I am drunk and it is midnight" type thing for me.

Dolla menu, yo

Heh, what do you think I order off of when I am drunk? Drunk runs to Carls Jr is "Okay, everyone empty their pockets, for every dollar we've got were getting a bacon ranch burger."

Wendy's doublestack with ketchup onion and lettuce.

Best dollar menu item ever.

HappylilElf on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Wendy's doublestack with ketchup onion and lettuce.

Best dollar menu item ever.

That does sound solid, never really had a Wendy's conveniently located for drunk dollar menu purposes though.

Inquisitor on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I want to try dominoes since they supposedly fixed the suck, I like to give people a second chance to make things right. Well aside from adam sandler, he's still being drug behind my car for 50 first dates.

I liked that movie.

But then I'm a sucker for Drew Barrymore.

HappylilElf on
    edited September 2010

Your OS will work with your new Mobo, it will just need to be reinstalled. Your hard drive will probably work with your new Mobo, but I would check on that. There was a conversion from IDE to SATA over the past several years, and if your HD is the former and the Mobo only has the latter, it won't work.

Along those same lines if you have a separate video card, check to see if it's SATA or AGP or whatnot, and that the Mobo has that kind of connection.

I have a SADA hard drive and a recently upgraded video card.

As far as reinstalling my OS, does that mean I lose everything on it, or just a reinstallation but not a formatting?

Regina Fong on
This discussion has been closed.