As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MINECRAFT - Build to the sky, Dig to the depths. Join the masses.

• AlaskanInsomniacAlaskanInsomniac Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Watching that video actually made both my wife and myself think that blockland looks pretty good. For some reason, the blocky sword was rather charming.

Considering checking this out. Gonna give it a night to sink in, but this is starting to look pretty fun.

AlaskanInsomniac on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Watching that video actually made both my wife and myself think that blockland looks pretty good. For some reason, the blocky sword was rather charming.

Considering checking this out. Gonna give it a night to sink in, but this is starting to look pretty fun.

here, watch this too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I

Rust on
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Estilo wrote: »
    Do animals eat saplings after they're planted? Sometimes they disappear before growing into a tree ;_;

They die if they don't get enough sun/space, i think?

Jintor on
  • RakkahRakkah Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I would love an invite to the steam group. I really wanna check out rapture and such. I just finished my first 'mega' project - a wooden tower that hits the z limit in height. It's puny compared to some of the stuff I've seen in this thread but I'm pretty proud of it. I'll get some screenies up later.

Steam id is http://steamcommunity.com/id/bettik

Rakkah on
    SC2 SEALanguid.619 USLanguid.362 | Steam
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    That can't be a wood texture. That's brick for sure.

I don't work with brick cause its fucking ugly. It's stone slabs and stairs. Please don't run your mouth when you don't know what you're talking about.

Whoa. Are you kidding me?

You realize we're talking about fucking Minecraft here, right? I'm sorry if me saying I thought that those were brick hurt your sensibilities or some stupid shit, but lighten the fuck up! I wasn't trying to pick a fight with you or "run my mouth."

You'd think we were in the fifth grade and I stepped on your god damn Pumas. Are you going to fight me now or something?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Jintor wrote: »
    Do animals eat saplings after they're planted? Sometimes they disappear before growing into a tree ;_;

I'm pretty sure I've seen saplings actually pop out of the ground after I plant them. I always thought it had something to do with the placement and the ones that truly "disappear" simply popped out without me noticing and then vanished from me not picking them back up.

Figgy on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010

I'm pretty sure I've seen saplings actually pop out of the ground after I plant them. I always thought it had something to do with the placement and the ones that truly "disappear" simply popped out without me noticing and then vanished from me not picking them back up.

If you walk on them, they will break too

Morkath on
    edited September 2010
    Morkath wrote: »

If you walk on them, they will break too

That could be it then and I just never realized I walked over them.

Damn temperamental trees.

Figgy on
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Can I get a pm with the server IPs or an invite to the steam group? http://steamcommunity.com/id/gunwarrior/

Haven't even touched multi for like a month or two now.

gunwarrior on
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I don't work with brick cause its fucking ugly. It's stone slabs and stairs. Please don't run your mouth when you don't know what you're talking about.

You realize we're talking about fucking Minecraft here, right? I'm sorry if me saying I thought that those were brick hurt your sensibilities or some stupid shit, but lighten the fuck up! I wasn't trying to pick a fight with you or "run my mouth."

You'd think we were in the fifth grade and I stepped on your god damn Pumas. Are you going to fight me now or something?

It's the part where you insisted it was brick, despite never seeing brick. Your passive-aggressive hostility is kinda jarring.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2010
    SoulGate wrote: »

It's the part where you insisted it was brick, despite never seeing brick. Your passive-aggressive hostility is kinda jarring.

Yes, I insisted what I was seeing in a screenshot of a video game was one texture when in fact it turned out to be another. The hostility is certainly jarring, as you put it.

Let's not get our collective panties in a bunch here because I questioned a virtual building in a java game on whether it was made from brick or wood. Seriously. If you want to take offense to that, fine, but I'm not going to take part in the absurdity of that.

Edit: And just because you specifically found it utterly hilarious that I thought the texture was brick
    Seriously? You thought that was brick? Bwaaaahahahahahahaahahahaha. aaaaaaaahahahahaha.

And the texture pack is Painterly. Better than vanilla imo.

Here it is for all to marvel at up close.

mat-craft.png

Oh shit, that looks nothing like brick. I realize now that is what wood looks like with that texture pack, but you can't tell me that one could not see that as brick. At least, not unless you're the silliest of geese.

Figgy on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Yes, I insisted what I was seeing in a screenshot of a video game was one texture when in fact it turned out to be another. The hostility is certainly jarring, as you put it.

Let's not get our collective panties in a bunch here because I questioned a virtual building in a java game on whether it was made from brick or wood. Seriously. If you want to take offense to that, fine, but I'm not going to take part in the absurdity of that.

What pissed me off was you insisting I was cheating based on your inability to distinguish blocks. I don't like being accused of cheating, especially on something that was a pain in the ass to build. Especially when you were so obviously wrong yet still insisted you were right.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
    edited September 2010

What pissed me off was you insisting I was cheating based on your inability to distinguish blocks. I don't like being accused of cheating, especially on something that was a pain in the ass to build. Especially when you were so obviously wrong yet still insisted you were right.

"That's cool, but that's brick and brick is rare."
    then
    "No way."
    and then
    "Oh, well that's a dumb texture"

It was a two minute discussion in which I was proven wrong about a poorly drawn texture that certainly looks like brick. I wasn't insisting you were cheating. I didn't know who the fuck made that thing. I just said it looked cool but looked like brick.

Seriously, man. Lighten up. It wasn't a personal comment so stop getting so bent out of shape.

Figgy on
  • IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That looks really cool, but the fact that there is so much brick on that pagoda reveals it was made by hacking in resources.

That's an accusation, and I would take it personally as well. Especially after you refused to accept anyone's word on it for multiple posts afterward.

IdolNinja on
    edited September 2010
    Note to self: Figgy really doesn't like being told to "Stop running his mouth." May possibly be Steve Austin, more evidence required. Suggest contacting The Rock for protection services until "the heat dies down"

Kris_xK on
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sorry Figgy but you were being an ass earlier, maybe you didn't realize it but I was really surprised when I read your posts.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
    edited September 2010
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    That looks really cool, but the fact that there is so much brick on that pagoda reveals it was made by hacking in resources.

That's an accusation, and I would take it personally as well. Especially after you refused to accept anyone's word on it for multiple posts afterward.

Go back and read the discussion you so selectively quoted. Multiple posts? It was me disagreeing then editing in that I was wrong in the same post.

I'm done with this discussion. because I'm going to bed but mostly because it's fucking retarded. Really? Minecraft is really that important that someone questioning whether something was mined or summoned is a personal afront? Silly and pointless are not apt enough adjectives.

I'm sorry if you were offended by my comment based on a screenshot using a confusing texture pack. It was not a personal attack and I'm sure we all have better things to be discussing here v

Figgy on
  • EstiloEstilo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Guys, GUYS... you're forgetting something essential here...

...minecraft

get crafting

Estilo on
  • peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hehe, well I just accidently right clicked with a bucket of lava inside my fort and lost everything I had :P

Time for some more SC2 now!

peacekeeper on
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wait wait wait, Figgy's the ass here? For thinking the wood texture looked like brick? He didn't even see the posts that it was wood before he posted. Go back and look at the post, he edited it after he found out it was wood.

Even if he still didn't really believe it was wood, no one thinks the response was a bit too hostile?

gunwarrior on
    edited September 2010
    gunwarrior wrote: »
    Wait wait wait, Figgy's the ass here? For thinking the wood texture looked like brick? He didn't even see the posts that it was wood before he posted. Go back and look at the post, he edited it after he found out it was wood.

Even if he still didn't really believe it was wood, no one thinks the response was a bit too hostile?
    I didn't even realize he edited it.

Doesn't matter anymore though.

nuka on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So a friend of mine got this and talked to me about it on Skype.
    I told him these kind of games aren't for me and I won't spend money on it.
    I then agreed to try the free version. It seemed kinda fun but also "meh".
    I then agreed to buy the game cause it's cheap and I'll at least support a developer.
    I can't stop playing. This game has me addicted.

What....what have I DONE?

I do have to say though,people keep going about how hard the first night is. Huh? Digging a hole? Fuck that,I built a fucking TREE HOUSE.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited September 2010
    I hate it when I build something and then I'm at a loss of what to do next.

nuka on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You guys have made me so nervous with your right-clicked-with-the-lava-bucket stories that I've been crazy paranoid with my current (and first) bucket of lava. When I realized that my planned use for it wasn't ready right away I started panicking and making sure I very very carefully stored it in its own, non-flammable spot.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hm. Ein's server is being mean again.

Connection refused? Sigh.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hm. Ein's server is being mean again.

Connection refused? Sigh.

Oh good, it's not just me. I was logged in, but my laptop was struggling to load the world. I was afraid I was lagging the server or something and got banned.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2010
    Oh god, this runs on my work computer.

Oh god...

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Klyka wrote: »

Oh god...

Time to update the Avatar.

Get to it!

Kris_xK on
    edited September 2010
    Klyka wrote: »

Oh god...

Yeah, it's a very dangerous combination. I spent about 3 hours on my laptop at work last night farming obsidian. It was a nice change of pace from watching Netflix and Hulu.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • UbuRoiAAUbuRoiAA Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Where the fuck do you guys work so that you can play a game for 3 hours?

I can't go check my fucking email if i'm not on lunch.

UbuRoiAA on
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    it would be better to have an intermediate between iron and diamond. that's a pretty huge leap.

i would also like it if it went wood, stone, copper, iron, and then maybe steel and then diamond.

A good idea would be steel which could be made by first burning say sticks/wood in the smelter to get carbon, then somehow combine the carbon and iron to get steel. (in real life you use about 1-5% carbon and the rest iron to make steel in a smelter)

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I would like to join the steam group
    steam name dargondarkfire
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/dargon

dargondarkfire on
    edited September 2010
    UbuRoiAA wrote: »

Well,I am self-employed in a sports betting center so I have lots of down time...

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited September 2010
    UbuRoiAA wrote: »

Group home for male adolescents that sleep soundly during the night.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    Holy shit. You guys weren't lying about the official forums being terrible.

"Notch how dare you waste time sleeping when you could add these features I thought of while masturbating!"

Echo on
    edited September 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Holy shit. You guys weren't lying about the official forums being terrible.

"Notch how dare you waste time sleeping when you could add these features I thought of while building a giant image of my penis out of blocks complete with an automated device to masturbate it in the game!"

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited September 2010
    'Tilling' soil doesn't seem to be working for me. Basically I have 'tilled' great areas of soil and found nadda, and the soil I gathered is no different from any other soil I dig up with a shovel. My hoe appears to have unlimited uses, too.

Estilo on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    'Tilling' soil doesn't seem to be working for me. Basically I have 'tilled' great areas of soil and found nadda, and the soil I gathered is no different from any other soil I dig up with a shovel. My hoe appears to have unlimited uses, too.

Try clicking with the other mouse button.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited September 2010
    OH!

duh :l

Estilo on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Currently collecting various materials to make A Cool Thing, but I need to know roughly how tall the player is. In meters, if possible!

Tamin on
This discussion has been closed.