As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Shores of Hazeron - It's about Spaceships!

• ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ok. I fixed the bug.

Is there some way I can set my spawn point to the other city we want to set the capital up at? Otherwise, i've got a long, laggy trek ahead of me.

Archonex on
  • RykeRyke Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Archonex wrote: »
    Ok. I fixed the bug.

Is there some way I can set my spawn point to the other city we want to set the capital up at? Otherwise, i've got a long, laggy trek ahead of me.

Ya your going to have to make a trek otherwise I can pick you up if your on.

Ryke on
    XBL: Ryke Kardine SteamID: Ryke
    edited September 2010
    So I almost get to the city we want to declare our capital at, when out pops this horrible creature that looks like a gay dragon spliced with one of Giegers creations. It promptly eats me, and I respawn back at the city I started at.

Goddamnit. I'll just build a space-port and fly a shuttle over there.

Archonex on
  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ugh, it's doing that thing where it crashes and doesn't list the empires again >.< !

rayofash on
    edited September 2010
    I'm going to set the capital up on the ring world.

I mean, come on, it's too good of a spot not to set it up there. Imagine the look on new player's faces when they spawn in and see where they are.

Plus, it's easy to defend, which means we can turn the ring world into a fortress for our civilization.

Also, it being a ring world, new players can set up trading routes to there to make easy cash.

The only downside is that we might not have easily accessible Lumenite and Eludium in the system. But then again, this could be a good thing, since you can make a shit-ton of buying Eludium in the homeworld system, then selling it at the ring world colonies.

Edit: And we now have a capital. New players should spawn on our ring world capital.

Archonex on
  • Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I swear I've tried to join your empire a billion times today with no success.

Gennenalyse Rueben on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, piloting rockets is hard work. At least I figured out how to land the thing.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010

Try now. It should work properly now that we've declared as an official empire. If not, let me know by posting here, and i'll take a look at our empire settings.

Oh, and if anyone was wondering, there is a crap-ton of room to expand on our new capital planet. The ring world literally surrounds a very large sun, with large, moon sized panels blocking out the worst of the sun-light. Sort of like a poor man's Dyson Sphere.

What this means is that there's alot. Alot, of space to cover. And we only have maybe one or two cities set up on the ring world. Setting up your own city, along with an airport terminal, will let you set up your own self sufficient colony.

In addition to that, I took the liberty of modernizing our capital. If you spawn there, you can now go and make yourself a nice shuttle to travel to other parts of the ring world. Once I get the chance, i'll add in a basic Scipio model for transport to other parts of the ring world, since it is quite huge.

If you already have a ship. Then please, take the liberty of ferrying eludium and lumenite to the colony. Not only should you make a crap-ton of money, you'll let us produce new ships capable of leaving the system easily. This is a big priority for us right now, since it's easy for us to get isolated from our other solar systems, what with us lacking Lumenite on the ring world at the moment.

Archonex on
  • Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Try now. It should work properly now that we've declared as an official empire. If not, let me know by posting here, and i'll take a look at our empire settings.

I'm still not able to join. More specifically, I keep getting stopped at the "Logging into Server" part and I presume you aren't supposed to spend hours right there. I've tried that trick of entering the name, letting the room come up, re-entering it, then trying. Though the government type is supposed to pop up when you do that right?

EDIT: Maybe their server just hates me more than anyone else.

Gennenalyse Rueben on
    edited September 2010
    Yeah. It sounds like the login servers are fucked at the moment. Might want to to try later.

Archonex on
    edited September 2010
    Doh it looks like when I colonized the ring world I lost my position on our Prime system. I cannot update St. Wang or those cities anymore. Make me Prince!!

Ryke on
    edited September 2010
    Hm. It looks like I might not be the only one unable to create new characters. Guess I'll have to wait until whatever it is that broke gets fixed. Disappointing, but I was expecting technical issues.

Gennenalyse Rueben on
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Argh. I really wanna make a fleshreaper. I've been stifled at every attempt.

My own empire is at 4 cities, 2 planets and a moon. I think I've figured all this out now and I want to contribute. Can you PM me the coords of the system so I can fly there and vassalify myself? It may take a few days to actually get there...

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
    edited September 2010
    Bleh, AI is so dumb in this game. I put an officer to keep bringing eludium from Prime to the ring world and he ends up blowing himself up inside the atmosphere after like 3 runs.

Ryke on
    edited September 2010
    Ryke wrote: »
    Bleh, AI is so dumb in this game. I put an officer to keep bringing eludium from Prime to the ring world and he ends up blowing himself up inside the atmosphere after like 3 runs.

That just means there's another officer available... crack that whip!

(Real advice)

Build a space station, and have the officer do the trading at the space station. No atmosphere involved. Landing on the moon however... (can moons have space stations? I don't think it's realistic... but is it possible in the game?)

e: Ok... I have to travel over 7 sectors to get there... and my helmsman is drunk or something, so I'm flying there myself. I've got 2 hours and 45 minutes left on the first leg of an 8 leg journey... I might be there by wednesday.

e2:... uh... journey cut short. 'Ship Destroyed: You have collided with a dark matter object."

crap.

Dyvion on
    edited September 2010
    That means either you, or your officer starved to death/died, I think.

Probably should stock the galley with some food next time. Not sure if that'll help, but it should, at least, keep you alive during the trip. Which will ensure that dark matter ship deaths don't happen.

Alternatively, your ship might have gotten boarded by a hostile empire or hit some sort of spacial anomaly that killed the crew. Though i'm not sure if they exist yet.

It's worth mentioning that i've read of other mysterious crew disappearances on the forums. Either it's a bug, or there's something out there that's eating ships that the developers are being coy about.

Edit: When I get on again today i'll check to make sure the capital is declared. Does the empire show up in the character creation list for you all?

Archonex on
    edited September 2010
    Edit: When I get on again today i'll check to make sure the capital is declared. Does the empire show up in the character creation list for you all?

I haven't ever been able to get it to pop, but I'll try again.

e: I am cursed.

I finally scraped together enough materials to make another ship. I decide to use this one to patrol for oil, so that my empire can have more than a trickle of plastic coming in. I'm off exploring and I turn the helm over to my helmsman to hover over the spot I'm at so I can scout around a bit and not have to worry about flying.

He flies to the middle of the ocean and lands before I can get helm control back.

Right as I'm about to take off, some giant sea creature eats my ship.

!!!!!

e2: Perhaps this was a misinterpretation of the events. The log says 'atmospheric stress'. We landed in the ocean and we were gently rocking back and forth in the sea and suddenly I'm taking huge amounts of damage from an 'aquatic' creature. I say a whale ate my ship.

Dyvion on
    edited September 2010
    I had something like that happen before.

My helmsman decided to land on a Lumenite rich moon, filled with super-cooled gases in the form of a liquid. There were only a few small land-masses, with incredibly high quality Lumenite there.

Needless to say, I got to the hangar bay to go exploring before I realized that we were sinking into an ocean filled with liquid cold enough to shatter the hull of the ship. I then took off pretty fast when I noticed that the hull was starting to take freezing damage.

Never gotten so unlucky to have a sea monster swallow one of my exploratory ships whole, though. That's funny.

Maybe you should rename your character to Ahab, and go hunting with a sailboat for the creature that ate your ship?

Archonex on
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ahab.

Moby Dick is the whale.

Garthor on
    edited September 2010
    Garthor wrote: »
    Ahab.

Moby Dick is the whale.

And yet, given the character creator, he could do both types of characters barring some slight mutations on the whale side of things.

I mean, it'd be pretty nightmarish to see a giant whale, with a green, chitinous carapace and spider legs, skittering out of the sea to attack a settlement.

Archonex on
    edited September 2010
    Ya, we need to setup space stations to use to get supplies to and from Prime and Omega because having the officers burn up in atmosphere isnt working very well... I'll work on getting a station up in both Prime and Omega if I have time.

Ryke on
    edited September 2010
    Well, it looks like whatever is making it impossible for me to create a character is still there. I get the distinct feeling that something broke recently.

Gennenalyse Rueben on
    edited September 2010
    Is it any character you can't create? Or just one from our empire?

Archonex on
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well, it looks like whatever is making it impossible for me to create a character is still there. I get the distinct feeling that something broke recently.

do you actually see the character model as you are trying to create it or is it just a screen with information or creation options?

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
    edited September 2010
    I can't make a character in your empire and I can't make my own empire. I'm completely locked out because I apparently cannot connect to the server, ever. It still hangs there even after the server was updated. I've checked their forums and this is a problem for a fair number of people it looks like.

EDIT: I suppose I haven't tried joining any of the empires that appear in the list, but I don't particularly want to join any of them.

EDIT 2: Buh? Now I can't even make it past the "Accessing Account" thing. Maybe that's a sign that they're doing something...or perhaps not.

Gennenalyse Rueben on
    edited September 2010
    Ok, I have setup space stations at both St. Wang in Prime and Wangcadia in Omega. Let the trading commence!

Ryke on
    edited September 2010
    I'm trying to set up a city to funnel more oil into my empire so I can mass manufacture ships so that I can journey to the great ring of wang.

I set up the whole city last night and set it up so the citizens could finish building everything and I would have mass amounts of oil flowing to my city in the morning.

server rollback. I wake up to find my ship sitting on the dirt slab, with the flag next to me, two dirt roads north and south, a plot for houses and the plot for the airport, unbuilt. doh.

Dyvion on
  • KassKass Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Add me to the list of folks that can't create a new character or join a new empire right now. (A bunch of people have been experiencing this, it seems http://ptmc.globalgamers.de/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=757). I feel stupid for deleting my first character as now I've been stuck for almost a week without being able to play this (and I was just getting semi-competent to the point where I'd feel ok joining the fleshreaper empire).

It'd be nice if they'd fix that, but I'm not even sure the devs/official people are aware of the problem (if you already have a character created, you can log into that just fine apparently). I didn't realize until the other day that the 'official' forums linked on Hazeron's website just go to one of the empires personal forums (and I have no idea if the devs actually read anything there). I did send them an email last week about the problem, but have not heard anything back yet (I assume they're busy with other stuff).

Kass on
    edited September 2010
    Well great, server rolled back so now we don't have any space stations. Im gonna try to get them back up again.

Ryke on
    edited September 2010
    Well great, server rolled back so now we don't have any space stations. Im gonna try to get them back up again.

Another rollback? Argh, I set my city up again on my lunch break and built a house so people would come in and finish all the crap i started. I hope it's still there.

Dyvion on
    edited September 2010
    So apparently I cannot build a public space station in FF Prime. I don't have access to Prime anymore to have the cities build anything, so someone else is gonna have to do it. Or i'm going to need a higher rank.

Ryke on
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So apparently I cannot build a public space station in FF Prime. I don't have access to Prime anymore to have the cities build anything, so someone else is gonna have to do it. Or i'm going to need a higher rank.

What do I need to do to get a station set up? I've got authority over the entire sector, so I can do both if needed.

The Deliverator on
    edited September 2010

What do I need to do to get a station set up? I've got authority over the entire sector, so I can do both if needed.

All you need to do is buy the station design disk from the space ship design studio, take it to the spacecraft building and produce one. After that it spawns the station directly in orbit ready for use.

Ryke on
    edited September 2010
    I think it's possible I was finally able to make a fleshreaper. I actually saw the empire appear on the list. And picked it. Now we'll see if I can actually spawn.

e: False alarm. I couldn't get it to create, it said there was no city or homeworld or some-sutch.

Dyvion on
    edited September 2010
    Well, that solves one mystery. Guess we'll have to wait until they fix it to assist in the creation of a glorious empire. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Gennenalyse Rueben on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So what's the current name of the PA empire on this? I keep meaning to get in on 'dis because it sounds awesome.

electricitylikesme on
    edited September 2010
    So what's the current name of the PA empire on this? I keep meaning to get in on 'dis because it sounds awesome.

"The Fleshreapers" is the current 'in thing'. If you can get it to show up... and if you can actually get into the game once you pick it... then you'll spawn in on a ringworld, which is a thing of almost unimaginable size, and begin your quest into the nethers.

Otherwise you get to create your own race and start on some backwater planet with nothing, in a solar system that might just be missing that key ingredient you need to explore the greater galaxy with any hope of success. Like my solar system. Stupid two planet system. stupid rings on my planet instead of moons. Stupid gas giant orbiting in first position around my star with 3 rock moons.

Moons hold the ingredients for space travel. Cold, dark moons.

e: I re-read my post. It sounds very negative... but I'm not disliking the game, I'm enjoying it very much. Exploring is one of my favorite things to do. There were these things people used to post, their MMO personalities, like Myers Brigs tests... mine was basically 100% explore.

Dyvion on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah. even though I haven't managed to successfully land a rocket on another planet yet (I either run out of fuel or burn up in the atmosphere because I turn in the atmosphere) I'm having a blast flying around.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Yeah. even though I haven't managed to successfully land a rocket on another planet yet (I either run out of fuel or burn up in the atmosphere because I turn in the atmosphere) I'm having a blast flying around.

Practice on moons first. Remember, planets have gravity, suns have gravity and moons have gravity.

My solar system has two planets, one habitable planet that I started on, and one gas giant right next to the sun. My planet has rings... the gas giant has three rock moons. It took several tries before I could navigate the gravity wells of the sun... the gas giant and the moons. Eventually I was able to slingshot around the gas giant and cut my velocity down to just enough to escape the suns' pull (how many rockets are in that sun now anyway...) and then maintain my thrust to helicopter over to a moon, which then pulled me down itself.

It took about 45 minutes total, and my heart was thumping out of my chest by the time I actually hit P to cut the engine. It was amazing. and another reason I love this game.

Dyvion on
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dyvion wrote: »

Practice on moons first. Remember, planets have gravity, suns have gravity and moons have gravity.

My solar system has two planets, one habitable planet that I started on, and one gas giant right next to the sun. My planet has rings... the gas giant has three rock moons. It took several tries before I could navigate the gravity wells of the sun... the gas giant and the moons. Eventually I was able to slingshot around the gas giant and cut my velocity down to just enough to escape the suns' pull (how many rockets are in that sun now anyway...) and then maintain my thrust to helicopter over to a moon, which then pulled me down itself.

It took about 45 minutes total, and my heart was thumping out of my chest by the time I actually hit P to cut the engine. It was amazing. and another reason I love this game.

It's not nearly that difficult to fly the rocket. Q and Space are your friends. Q is a brake that removes your sideways and up and down movement, and space is a brake that removes your forward/backward movement. With proper use of Q all you need to do is point at where you want to go and you'll go straight to it. Just slow down to roughly 150 m/s when you hit atmosphere and you'll be fine. You also don't need to worry about properly landing. The rocket will automagically flip upright once it touches down, regardless of how you land it.

The Deliverator on