As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

IT'S BRUUUTAL!! (Metalocalypse Thread)

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've been waiting for them to do an episode called Dethdeath :D

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I liked that episode a lot, really sold skiwsgar to me. made his one punchline mom into a horrifying lifestory.

I suspect we may see an episode like this for each of the band members, where they have a realization that they are more than just "regular jacks offs" (except for toki probably).

as we progress toward the "metalocalypse"

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Nathan and his dad made me laugh so hard.

Pickles and Toki beating the crap out of Murderface at the end was also satisfying.

JustinSane07 on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I liked that episode a lot, really sold skiwsgar to me. made his one punchline mom into a horrifying lifestory.

I suspect we may see an episode like this for each of the band members, where they have a realization that they are more than just "regular jacks offs" (except for toki probably).

as we progress toward the "metalocalypse"

Toki needs something though, he's become more and more insane since his dad died.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Great episode.

I was hoping that Skwisgaar briefly quitting would lead to finding out more about the original guitarist we saw in the season premiere flashback, but I guess they're saving that for later.

Captain Tragedy on
  • CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Great episode.

I was hoping that Skwisgaar briefly quitting would lead to finding out more about the original guitarist we saw in the season premiere flashback, but I guess they're saving that for later.

Well, since that original guitarist is who Toki replaced, it will probably be during a Toki related story.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I could see it as a "Dave Mustaine being fired from Metallica and starting Megadeth"-type of story, where we find out that he started a band that's Dethklok's biggest rival.

Captain Tragedy on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cokomon wrote: »
    Great episode.

Well, since that original guitarist is who Toki replaced, it will probably be during a Toki related story.

Probably.

Nathan Explosion with his dad was hilarious. Apparently, Nathan can, in fact, love things, and not lose them. Elevator music sold separately.

Also, I may be looking at the wrong way, so let me know if I am--Skwisgaar's flirtation with the Tribunal's idea that his current practices are just fulfillment of some sort of Zeus-like prophecy is just a brief, temporary respite from the unpleasant reality that his mother is, apparently, a whore of cosmic proportions, right? That's the feeling I got from it as least. "Having a mother who has slept with several divisions worth of men in a short period of time is not particularly metal, necessary, but prophecy is, so let's go with that" kind of deal?

And Toki's uncontrollably anticipation at the thought of maybe, just possibly, taking Swisgaar's job was pretty funny.

Synthesis on
    edited December 2009
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Great episode.

Probably.

Nathan Explosion with his dad was hilarious. Apparently, Nathan can, in fact, love things, and not lose them. Elevator music sold separately.

Also, I may be looking at the wrong way, so let me know if I am--Skwisgaar's flirtation with the Tribunal's idea that his current practices are just fulfillment of some sort of Zeus-like prophecy is just a brief, temporary respite from the unpleasant reality that his mother is, apparently, a whore of cosmic proportions, right? That's the feeling I got from it as least. "Having a mother who has slept with several divisions worth of men in a short period of time is not particularly metal, necessary, but prophecy is, so let's go with that" kind of deal?

And Toki's uncontrollably anticipation at the thought of maybe, just possibly, taking Swisgaar's job was pretty funny.

I think the idea is that Skwisgaar is part of the metal apocalypse, and his life would always have led him down the same path, something had to send each of them fleeing from their familys into a life of legendary metal, and for Skwisgaar it was the fact that his mom was a whore.

no matter what happens, he can't live a normal life, he is destined for greatness.

Captain Vash on
    edited December 2009
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Great episode.

Probably.

I think the idea is that Skwisgaar is part of the metal apocalypse, and his life would always have led him down the same path, something had to send each of them fleeing from their familys into a life of legendary metal, and for Skwisgaar it was the fact that his mom was a whore.

no matter what happens, he can't live a normal life, he is destined for greatness.

I get the part about not having a normal life--though really, that seems to be more the doing of his mother than anyone else (since he seems able to come to grips with that guy who temporarily acts as his father, work a decent job, and become a functioning human being). But, his mother's promiscuity (I guess that's one way of putting it) is part of fate, I guess.

It seems as though really, this is all about Swisgaar's mother, and he just happens to be the product that. It's kind of hard to convey, but I do think it's somewhere between that and, "Your mother is an incredible whore, and everyone knows it, would you like us to soften the blow slightly?".

The part about the guitar and the wolves, though, that's definitely Swisgaar's own legacy, with only a peripheral relation to his mother. Though this might only make sense once they start explaining what the Metalocalypse is.

Synthesis on
    edited December 2009
    what I'm saying though, is that even if his mother weren't that way, something else would have pushed him into the woods.

Captain Vash on
  • CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This show is leagues better as a full 20-minute show.

And it was already awesome before, so

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    All those men... All. That. Ejaculate.

Best line of the episode. Who ever did the voice of that Klokateer really sold that line.

Wikipedia says the guest voice was Matt Pike of High on Fire.

And man, no wonder Skwisgard is so metal. Sweden must be full of cool shit like that.

Sir Carcass on
  • ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Great episode.

Two things i've noticed about the Guitarist that might be coincidental.
    First of all, that corpse in this episode sort of looks like him. Except that was at least a decade before Dethklok was ever made.

Second, mysterious old council guy sort of looks like him, only a hell of a lot older and more badass.

Archonex on
    edited December 2009
    Archonex wrote: »
    Great episode.

Two things i've noticed about the Guitarist that might be coincidental.
    First of all, that corpse in this episode sort of looks like him. Except that was at least a decade before Dethklok was ever made.

Second, mysterious old council guy sort of looks like him, only a hell of a lot older and more badass.
    I don't see the resemblance between the unknown backup guitar player and Selatcia, but that's just me. I mean, within the art style, there is some resemblance, but not really any to say they're the same person or even related. But that's just me.

Synthesis on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Skwisgaar's step dad's name was Tyr.

Tyr is the name of a viking-metal band, to add to the list of band references.

UEAKCrash on
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

Also, the more obvious Tyr.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I also like that they found him in Malmsteen's Pub. I got a kick out of that.

Dissociater on
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    About Selatcia:
    I think he winds up being some kind of ancient metal god, and all of the band members' origins are somehow tied to him. Especially Skwisgaar who might be his son. Which explains why he tends to use the tribunal to watch and sometimes help dethklock.

Smurph on
    edited December 2009
    143999 wrote: »
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

Also, the more obvious Tyr.

Well I like to think it was based after the metal band. Even if the metal band got it's name from a bad ass norse figure.

UEAKCrash on
    edited September 2010
    Epic necro-bump d-d-d-double post.

New episode came out tonight, fucking hilarious. I think it had me laughing almost the entire time.

UEAKCrash on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So pissed CN got dropped from our cable package for no reason.

So. Pissed.

Green on
    edited September 2010
    Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! [/ragna]

Cantido on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I love it every time Toki gets a song.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Was the episode a parody of Quitter's Inc?

Turkey on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Still a great show, even if I do have to stay up way too late on Sunday to watch it and have to catch the last minute or so of that horrible Andy Dick puppet show

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
    edited September 2010
    Fuck Adult Swim for pushing this show back to 12:30. I missed the premiere because of that.

JustinSane07 on
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, that sucks. I don't get much sleep as it is, but that doesn't help.

UEAKCrash on
  • CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Did anyone else think Toki's dick sounded like Foamy the Squirrel (from Neurotically Yours)?

I feel stupid and immature for thinking as such.

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Huzzah Toki episode. I am always happy when the episode centers on him.

Though, isn't this only the second half of the season? Meaning we only get four more episodes until the break again?

And his dick did sound an awful lot like Foamy...

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • RanadielRanadiel Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You can't tell me when to get a boner!

Ranadiel on
  • CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Why is there no commentary on this?

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
    edited October 2010
    I don't know but last night's episode was great. Murderface's frustration and Toki's blind ignorance was hilarious.

JustinSane07 on
  • KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I loved the murdering of the other band by Dethklok fans. Also, Toki makes me happy. He's such a lovable idiot.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
    edited October 2010
    Dammit, I'm in school and am not up this late!

Cantido on
    edited October 2010
    I like that each band mate seems to be getting episode related soliloquy songs. Murderfaces's song was fantastic, and the assholes they signed for murdertooth records were amazing.

Captain Vash on
  • RanadielRanadiel Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The Murderface song scene was great.

Ranadiel on
  • SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Apparently the guys from the band Mastodon were used for the newest episode.
    I'm just going to assume they were that rap/metal band

Snowblindvictim on
    edited October 2010
    Pickles' song so far is the best of them all. I mean, Murderface's was beautiful was and all but god damn this is great. The visuals are fantastic too.

JustinSane07 on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This entire rock opera from this episode had better be on the next Dethklok CD. It should be its own disc.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky