Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WRAITH VICTORY!!!!!!!] KoPv.1: The Caves of Phalla

191012141523

Posts

  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Lignisse wrote: »
    Yay Paranoia833! It's not that I BELIEVE you, necessarily, but trying to figure out if someone is telling the truth is a lot more interesting that wonder which of a dozen mostly-inactives is a gnome.

    Still...I think trading the scope to you before seering would be too much of a risk. If the gnomes get the scope, with our (probable) natural seer dead, I don't like our chances at all. I suggest that whoever has the scope seer Paranoia tonight, and trade NEXT night if he seers as good (let's hope the half-gnome was the only thrall), while the shield owner possibly protects Paranoia.

    Why possibly? Well, here's my analysis...who DOES have the shield? I think it's clear that whoever stole the shield on night 1 was a good guy. They targeted Ardor more or less randomly with their thief ability, got the shield, and deduced correctly that Ardor was a good guy. Since Ardor was the only person they knew for sure was good, they protected him. Simple. It's unclear why they didn't PM Ardor, though; it seems like an obvious move. (I'm assuming Ardor is telling the truth. It's not clear that gnomes can target their kills, and even if they could, it's difficult to explain how Ardor could have known that he'd be protected by the shield on only the second night...not enough time for gnomes to acquire the shield unless the gnomes have a thief special.)

    So a goodie had the shield last night. There's now three possibilities, as I see it:

    1) Serpent had the shield. This is likelier that it would seem, because we know Serpent had the magnet, and therefore had the capability to steal it. This is the worst situation for us, because now the gnomes have the shield. Not much we can do about this case. Let's hope it didn't happen.

    2) A goodie still has the shield. Either the same one that had it last night, or stolen by another goodie. In this very likely case, the person with the shield should protect Ardor again, and PM him because he's our only almost-confirmed innocent. If the seer then also talks with Ardor, we have a network.

    3) The shield was stolen by a baddie last night. Very unlikely, for the same reason I trust Ardor. Just wanted to be complete.

    If you had the shield last night, but it was stolen from you, even if you don't know by whom, you should publically announce it unless you have a reason I don't know about. If multiple people announce, then hey, one is lying and we'll kill you all until the gnome dies.

    I do think the shield is of more value on Ardor than on Paranoia because I trust Ardor more. Sorry, Paranoia.

    Anyone care to point out flaws in my analysis?

    As far as I understand it, no villains got any items. The thieves are all humans, and the gnomes killed one, as well as destroying the magnet.

    The plan sounds interesting, and luckily we time to stew this all over. As far as a network goes, it's mutable in this game. Everyone is important to it, as items can be traded back and forth. I like this. It makes everyone equally important.

    I say the item holding players need to get in contact with one another, as well as branch out so the items will always be with confirmed innocents.

    Shamus on
  • LignisseLignisse Registered User
    edited May 2007
    And as for voting...jdarksun's analysis is pretty good. I'm a bit more suspicious of Mazlo for some reason I can't put my finger on. But splitting votes between Mazlo and visiblehowl is silly when we're trying to beat a silly bandwagon.

    I !vote visiblehowl for great justice.

    And yes, the Adrien bandwagon is silly. Why would a gnome give obviously bad advice? It's just unnecessarily drawing attention to themselves, and they'll be shouted down by non-stupid good guys anyway. (Yes, I realize this contradicts my bandwagon vote on SnacksOnAPlane yesterday...in my defense, we had only one day to go on, and I'd have changed it if he'd even tried to defend himself).

    Lignisse on
  • LignisseLignisse Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Shamus wrote: »
    As far as I understand it, no villains got any items. The thieves are all humans, and the gnomes killed one, as well as destroying the magnet.
    It's true that all items started with human, but the way you say "the magnet" makes me think you might have missed that there are three magnets. It's unlikely, but possible, that the gnomes killed a magnet holder round 1, thus taking their magnet, and used it to steal an item round 2. The gnomes might also have an innate thief among them. So having an item is not a guarantee of innocence.

    Lignisse on
  • Paranoia833Paranoia833 Registered User
    edited May 2007
    For what it's worth I can most certainly confirm that innate thiefs do indeed exist in this game, though I haven't the slightest idea if there's a gnome with that ability.

    Paranoia833 on
  • LignisseLignisse Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Gah! I was THINKING tormentedsoul. I was EXPLAINING why I voted tormentedsoul. I TYPED visiblehowl. Since Gnasty doesn't want us editing:

    I !retract visiblehowl.
    I !vote tormentedsoul, really and truly.

    Silly gnomes. They all look alike to me.

    Lignisse on
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You don't have to count this as an active post, but I've been unavailable somewhat unexpectedly for the last day or two. I am getting caught up and will try to post something contructive. Everytime I find something, it's already been answered.

    One question someone may be able to answer. Do we know what the Plane-walker's ability was and/or was it tied to the heart-ripping event from the first night?

    Celebrim on
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Celebrim wrote: »
    You don't have to count this as an active post, but I've been unavailable somewhat unexpectedly for the last day or two. I am getting caught up and will try to post something contructive. Everytime I find something, it's already been answered.

    One question someone may be able to answer. Do we know what the Plane-walker's ability was and/or was it tied to the heart-ripping event from the first night?

    The planewalker's ability supposedly (according to snacks) was that he was immune to gnome kills

    frandelgearslip on
  • TabascoTabasco Registered User
    edited May 2007
    The planewalker's ability supposedly (according to snacks) was that he was immune to gnome kills

    Let's not forget that he may have had more than one ability. Although it wouldn't make much sense for him to only reveal one power.

    Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Every time you do not vote you make it that much easier for the evil fuckers out there to steer the vote away from one of their own and unto an innocent. Failing to vote you might as well not fucking play as you'll be screwing your team.

    I was about ready to retract my vote for you. I didn't want you bandwagoned because it's stupid to bandwagon the active players. I wanted you to think about what you purposed and consider how it may have been flawed and would totally screw the village. I attached my vote because I needed to emphasize it and it's the only emphasis I've got. Now I've seen you're doing the absolute opposite. Great.

    Huh, that's an excellent point. I should vote. I'm feeling pretty "steered onto" myself at the moment.

    For the non-gnomes in the room, you will note, if you take a shot at reading my so-called "plan", that I raised what I consider some legitimate objections to it. It's scarcely a WIN button, and it does seem even less tenable now than it did at the time. But there you go.
    Adrien wrote: »
    Look, a seer does no good if he can't reveal his target. A vigilante is worthless if he doesn't know who to kill. So far our village kill has hit fewer baddies than the gnomes. Is there any other way, not having any information about the specials, to verify one? I'd love to hear about it.

    Grow up and play a balanced Phalla. That you can't trust anybody 100% is pretty much the heart of the Phalla experience. Gnasty got it right and by continuing to look for a "win" button you're putting us in greater risk of being screwed. Networks are great when they're viable, they're viable here but they're nowhere near as good in past games. Given time the seer item holder will likely build up a small network that can heavily influence late game play. Rushing things has a good chance of screwing him up.

    Gnasty made it so roles are revealed on death. He's letting us post our role PMs. These mechanics can work for us.

    So I don't want to be randomly capped by a gnome and ignore the rest of the game. Stone me. I think it'd be cool for non-specials to be able to play too.

    Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Adrien wrote: »
    Gnasty made it so roles are revealed on death. He's letting us post our role PMs. These mechanics can work for us.

    Has Gnasty actually commented upon the post humus posting of role PMs? Because allowing role PMs to be posted is not the same as allowing Dead People to tell their secrets.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I wouldn't know about that, but it does sound pretty sketchy. Your secrets die with you. Otherwise it's pretty lame.

    Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Let's spice things up a bit, shall we?

    You are the wraith!

    You were an ancient king who made the Caves of Phalla his tomb. Your spirit has rested in peace since you were buried, but the Gnomes’ terrorist attack disturbed your grave and now all you want to do is help one side achieve victory so that you can get back to sleep. Edited for death requirements. Each round you may select one person to kill. Also, if you are ever targeted to be killed, a member of whichever group voted to kill you will be killed in retaliation (so if the Gnomes target you, one of their members will die. If the village votes to kill you, anyone who voted for you has a chance of dieing. The retaliation target is random). Also, if someone targets you with an item, the item will be destroyed and the user of the item will be revealed in the same night's narration; you will also be revealed. If you are targeted by the vote to be killed your role will be revealed in that night’s narration.

    Your goal is to ally one side and help them achieve victory.


    Unfortunately, I consume hearts as well as dismember people, but I am making a my decision out in the open in the hopes the gnomes target me. All I ask is that the vigilante or any other item user, doesn't use their item on me....I don't want to hurt the good guys!

    I don't expect to be let into the netowrk (if there is one >.>) because I can not be confirmed, but if I could get someone to PM me with their ideas of who I should mutilate that night, it would be great. I don't want to accidentally be killing network members.

    So uh, sup guys.

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Huh.

    Okay, well, it's easy enough to test your abilities, if not your loyalties. Assuming you live the night, that is. Just make sure you let us know before the round ends who you wind up targeting.

    Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Huh

    sup, wraith

    Shamus on
  • Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I consume hearts as well as dismember people, but I am making a my decision out in the open in the hopes the gnomes target me. All I ask is that the vigilante or any other item user, doesn't use their item on me....I don't want to hurt the good guys!

    I don't expect to be let into the netowrk (if there is one >.>) because I can not be confirmed, but if I could get someone to PM me with their ideas of who I should mutilate that night, it would be great. I don't want to accidentally be killing network members.

    So uh, sup guys.

    Wow. Yeah. Ironic that you'd get that role with your name and avatar. Powers of vengeance? Spectre? Oh man.

    lol

    Edit: I'm in ur top of page, talking bout comics.

    Anthrax! Please. on
    - Signature Code -
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Let's spice things up a bit, shall we?

    You are the wraith!

    You were an ancient king who made the Caves of Phalla his tomb. Your spirit has rested in peace since you were buried, but the Gnomes’ terrorist attack disturbed your grave and now all you want to do is help one side achieve victory so that you can get back to sleep.

    Those lines are eerily familiar...

    Frosteey on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hey, TehSpectre's still alive, he must be a bad guy!
    <3

    Cantide on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Huh.

    Observation the first: That's a very convient, almost Precision K -ish suite of abilities.

    Observation the second: Isn't your best plan to help the cultist win, since that would seem to be the quickest route to victory?

    Conclusion from the second: Given your indifference to DSDMT's, why the hell should one of our specials contact you, thus letting you know where to find another (and possibly last) race?

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Huh.

    Observation the first: That's a very convient, almost Precision K -ish suite of abilities.

    Observation the second: Isn't your best plan to help the cultist win, since that would seem to be the quickest route to victory?

    Conclusion from the second: Given your indifference to DSDMT's, why the hell should one of our specials contact you, thus letting you know where to find another (and possibly last) race?
    I'm kinda meh to the whole deal. Feel free not to contact me, just don't be pissed if I accidentally off one of you. I mean, I did kill 1 gnome so far. I sure as hell am not going to offer my ability up to the village vote, as I am not going to let a gnome or cultist sway who I kill.

    Also, there is only 1 cultist left. Why would I want to ally with the person who may be close to victory, but also close to a loss?

    I am gonna continue my killings as I see fit, I was just letting you all know that I am on your side and if you guys have any good ideas (the network) on who to kill, I would take it into consideration.

    It will take a few days before I can prove myself, since this round has been extended to Monday.

    Rawr and stuff.

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Huh.

    Observation the first: That's a very convient, almost Precision K -ish suite of abilities.

    Observation the second: Isn't your best plan to help the cultist win, since that would seem to be the quickest route to victory?

    Conclusion from the second: Given your indifference to DSDMT's, why the hell should one of our specials contact you, thus letting you know where to find another (and possibly last) race?
    I'm kinda meh to the whole deal. Feel free not to contact me, just don't be pissed if I accidentally off one of you. I mean, I did kill 1 gnome so far. I sure as hell am not going to offer my ability up to the village vote, as I am not going to let a gnome or cultist sway who I kill.

    Also, there is only 1 cultist left. Why would I want to ally with the person who may be close to victory, but also close to a loss?

    I am gonna continue my killings as I see fit, I was just letting you all know that I am on your side and if you guys have any good ideas (the network) on who to kill, I would take it into consideration.

    It will take a few days before I can prove myself, since this round has been extended to Monday.

    Rawr and stuff.

    Let's form a network. Like old times.

    :winky:

    Shamus on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    I have a dream. A househord dream. The sun has made a note on his face.

    Tommorrow has made a phonecarr to today.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Huh.

    Observation the first: That's a very convient, almost Precision K -ish suite of abilities.

    Observation the second: Isn't your best plan to help the cultist win, since that would seem to be the quickest route to victory?

    Conclusion from the second: Given your indifference to DSDMT's, why the hell should one of our specials contact you, thus letting you know where to find another (and possibly last) race?

    Actually, wouldn't he not want to help the cultist since he has to kill one of every race and all specials count as races (Unless there are multiple wraiths and TehSpectre knows who one other is). His best course of action is the same as ours and the gnomes' right now, kill the last cultist. Or so I would think.

    Typhus733 on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    Huh.

    Observation the first: That's a very convient, almost Precision K -ish suite of abilities.

    Observation the second: Isn't your best plan to help the cultist win, since that would seem to be the quickest route to victory?

    Conclusion from the second: Given your indifference to DSDMT's, why the hell should one of our specials contact you, thus letting you know where to find another (and possibly last) race?

    Actually, wouldn't he not want to help the cultist since he has to kill one of every race and all specials count as races (Unless there are multiple wraiths and TehSpectre knows who one other is). His best course of action is the same as ours and the gnomes' right now, kill the last cultist. Or so I would think.

    Alright, that is a very good point. I'm not certain if "every special counts as a race", it's just every special we're aware of has been described as a seperate race. I may have placed fluff over game rules in my head since I didn't think of "Ghost=race". If that's true...well I still think the power set is fairly convenient and he's unverifiable. I just don't see how (or why) he'd be able to screw us but I'm still leery.

    Eh, it's not really a decision that I have to make in any regard.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Someone should designate Thespectre of the magnet as goal.

    That is broken, but that story is verified.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Has Gnasty actually commented upon the post humus posting of role PMs? Because allowing role PMs to be posted is not the same as allowing Dead People to tell their secrets.

    Don't do that. Snacks shouldn't have posted anything game-related after he died.

    Once you die, keep it in the dead thread.

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Someone should designate Thespectre of the magnet as goal.

    That is broken, but that story is verified.

    I still wouldn't count on him to last the night.

    Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    BitterOldMan has resigned. He was a human.

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hello gents, sorry I haven't been around for a few days, was out of town for a best friends wedding.


    I also got a full time job again, so I am no longer a jobless bum (yay!).


    If anyone can give me a short synopsis of what has happened so far, that would be great.

    precisionk on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nobody posts...the end.

    Uh, let's see. We killed Squashua for daring to take Phallanoia seriously, we then killed a special since uhm....cause. Now we're all not posting and losing to attrition. Oh, and Spectre is totally pulling a you.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    If you are targeted by the vote to be killed your role will be revealed in that night’s narration.
    Does this mean you die from the vote, or are you immortal?

    I wouldn't mind hearing a clarification too.

    Hylianbunny on
  • TabascoTabasco Registered User
    edited May 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    If you are targeted by the vote to be killed your role will be revealed in that night’s narration.
    Does this mean you die from the vote, or are you immortal?

    I wouldn't mind hearing a clarification too.

    Yeah that's actually really important to know.

    Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Don't get me wrong. I don't believe you even the slightest bit.

    But I'd like to hear an explanation for your BSing. :P

    Hylianbunny on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sorry guys, rough stuff going on right now.

    If you want to vote to kill me, go for it. One of the people who votes me to death however, will be killed accordingly, just as if the gnomes try and kill me.

    Also, don't try and give me any items (I don't know why you would) as I cannot carry them and it will be RNG'd to someone else.

    kthx.

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl He/Him Neutron Nerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    With regards to the question of killing TehSpectre, I submit this portion of his original post:
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    ...help one side achieve victory so that you can get back to sleep. Edited for death requirements. Each round you may select...

    Namely, the bolded portion, which was bolded in the original post, by the way.

    Basically, I think a certain series of events has to occur for him to die, which he has very astutely decided not to reveal. As such, I doubt voting for him will kill him. On the other hand, it will at least partially confirm his story.

    According to his "PM", it looks like all that has to be done is for him to be targeted for death. Thus, only one person has to vote for him. Since I'm a vanillager, I'll go ahead and !vote TehSpectre for death.

    Nobody else vote for him. If I die at the end of the next round, then you'll know he's at least partially telling the truth.

    visiblehowl on
    vxsHp3F.gif
    I die evry tiem in Sekiro on Twitch
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This is, of course, presuming his supposed "ability" works even if he is voted for but doesn't actually end up as the top vote. I don't see what exactly this is going to prove.

    Part of the reason I'm thinking this is complete bull is that it just seems a little too good. Essentially being protected against both kills and item uses?

    Hylianbunny on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    *appears upset*
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Also, if someone targets you with an item, the item will be destroyed and the user of the item will be revealed in the same night's narration; you will also be revealed.

    Someone should designate Thespectre of the magnet as goal!

    That is broken, but that story is verified!

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • life3life3 Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I have to wonder if TehSpectre just made a grave error. No where on there does it say you won't be killed; it only says you'll retaliate. If you are a last "race", and the last cultist kills you; do they win even though it will result in a retaliatory death?


    It also doesn't designate which side you help and if some side jumps to bring you into their network, what's to say you won't jump ship with the info to help another side win faster?


    Unfortunately, it's all very useless to us villagers.

    life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User
    edited May 2007
    CURRENT VOTE COUNT (let me know if I missed something)

    Adrien
    Frosteey - #391
    DevoutlyApathetic - #405
    Tormentedsoul - #407
    Grundlterror - #409
    Locus - #447
    Mazlo - #451

    DevoutlyApathetic
    Frandelgearslip - #422

    Tormentedsoul
    Jdarksun - #454
    Lignisse - #466
    Paranoia833 - #456

    TehSpectre
    Visiblehowl - #496

    Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well, I will say that the last time that TS appeared a little too overenthusiastic about helping the good guys and we killed him off, his intentions were true. However, the last time we trusted a neutral he ended up screwing over all of us. That asshole.

    Edit: And by the way I just switched to working full time so I will be very bored and probably posting a lot more often now.

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I personally am cautious to assume tehspectre is telling us the full truth (minus the death conditions of course) because the whole truth is probably more harmful to himself if he's on our side and he wouldn't want to tell us everything he schemed up because a good lie is always simple, less can go wrong and you get tripped us less etc.

    However, if it is true that he can retaliate and say kill someone who targetted him etc, then I would have to say the cultists were screwed to begin this game with because they essentially needed both of them alive when they killed him, or they lose either because they are noted in the narration or because they died, however his power might work.

    In my honest opinion, I care more about the cultist dying then trying to figure out whatever Tehspectre is.

    If Gnasty gave him the exact win conditions he gave us where he can retaliate, then the cultists had a very good chance of being screwed no matter what happened in this game, plus, their win conditions are contrary to his. I would assume wraith is a type of race in this game.

    Tehspectre, you might state what you want out of all this. I'm a human, so I don't mind staking your ass and having you kill me so I can help prevent one more person from dying every round, which coincidentally brings the cultist closer to victory because the chances of hitting him every round are so low. The only reason you would come forward is because you were afraid of dying. With conditions as you have them, it would be more efficient for you to stay quiet to confuse everyone.

    !Tehspectre you mentioned you wanted sleep. I offer you a viable alternative.

    I have nothing to lose sir, people who believe you fully and do not vote for you, probably have something to lose.

    Ardor on
Sign In or Register to comment.