As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NBA Elite canned, NBA Jam HD shipping solo

deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Games and Technology
So it isn't buried in the megathread.

http://www.easports.com/blogs/itsinthegame/post/slug/nba-elite-delayed-nba-jam-ships-on-wii-next-week-xbox-360-and-ps3-coming-before-holidays
Over the past three years, EA SPORTS development teams have had a laser focus on creating titles packed with innovation and unsurpassed quality. The acclaim from fans and critics on most of our titles the past few years makes us proud and it also motivates us to keep getting better.

This year, we set extremely ambitious goals for our new franchise, NBA ELITE. We are creating a game that will introduce several breakthrough features that have been missing from the basketball genre. Unfortunately, NBA ELITE 11 is not yet ready and we have made a decision to delay next month’s launch. We are going to keep working until we’re certain we can deliver a breakthrough basketball experience.

In the meantime, the NBA season is just around the corner and we have a plan to keep our consumers close to the action:

-NBA JAM will launch on the Wii, as scheduled, on October 5. NBA JAM won recognition this summer as the best sports game at E3 and it’s a blast to play. In addition to the Wii version, we’re going to ship NBA JAM as a standalone product on the Xbox360 and PS3 in time for the holidays. Watch for more news soon on the exact timing of that release.

-For NBA LIVE 10 players, we will continue to offer free content and services throughout the 2010-11 season. We will start with a new roster update so you get all the players for the new season, free of charge. We will also provide free Dynamic DNA updates, daily, for the entire season. That’s a full season of basketball with new rosters and updates, free.

The decision to delay NBA ELITE was hard because the game has great promise. But ultimately we feel this is the right thing to do. We’ve been making steady progress on basketball for the past few years and it’s going to take extra time to make the game.

Why make this decision now? As with all of our titles, we continue to evaluate and improve the code right up until launch. Feedback from consumers is a very important part of the process . NBA ELITE had the benefit of play-testing, a demo and a lot of our own research. All that feedback revealed some concerns about gameplay polish, so we’ve listened to your feedback, and made a judgment that the game would benefit from more time in development.

I want to thank our NBA ELITE development team for their efforts to meet this year’s lofty goals, and we’re behind them as they continue their work. While no one is happy with this delay, we appreciate the support and ongoing feedback from our fans. We’ll have more information coming soon.

Questions are if Jam is going to be a downloadable game or a disc game, and how much it'll cost.

Big props to EA for killing Elite though, it looked truly awful.

deadonthestreet on

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sounds like they didn't KILL Elite, just delayed it.

urahonky on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Either way, now you can get NBA Jam HD without having to buy NBA Elite. Yay.

Renzo on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If they are continuing support for Live for the entire season, they aren't putting Elite out.

deadonthestreet on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    im excited about nba jam standalone, but i dont think im excited enough to pay full retail price for it. it seems like the perfect $15 downloadable game to me. we'll see when it comes out i guess.

Ah_Pook on
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I wonder if the supported rosters for Live 10 require their roster update code thinger that came with it. I may want to pick that up then.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg