As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] you, George Lucas!

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kagera if you need someone to talk to, I'm around.

Thanks Cass but I feel my problems pale in comparison to the shit you've had to go through in life I am mostly a spoiled child who happened to be severely depressed until I found the right medication for me and when I did it was too late and fixing all the bullshit I've built beforehand has been a fight I mostly never had the strength to win.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just a bitch.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Seriously I just with my biological father's vasectomy had worked and I never had been born because this shit we call life isn't something I would have chosen so far.

It can get better you know.
    it can also get worse

Elendil on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I know and eventually I hope it does but of course it requires work and determination and apparently I'm lazy and easily give up.

So thanks GENES/UPBRINGING.

Man I'm no different. I'm still figuring it out pretty slowly. But if you kick yourself in the ass enough times you can do the late bloomer thing eventually, and radness occurs.

I mean I was daydreaming about self-mutilation when I was in grade school.

But shit did eventually get better.

Incenjucar on
    edited September 2010
    I really want to go out and be social and see a movie and get food or something.

I am trying to make friends in my classes but they're all really distant or weird.

I know right? Apparently most people keep friends from high school or meet new friends at their jobs but since I've lost contact with friends from HS and I has been unable so far to have a job I'm fucked up the ass.

FANFUCKINGTASTIC.

Sometimes you say something and I'm like

this guy's my friend Dave

why is Dave pretending to be American

he hasn't seen Pontypool, fucking poser

My name is Andrew. You can call me Drew or Andrew or even Charles which is my middle name. I have not nor ever been known as Dave however.

Kagera on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Return of the Jedi was my favourite as a kid because when I was young I would dream of growing up and making something of myself and finding the half-sister I lost when my parents split. My father only paid her child support because my mom made him, and since he is an evil bastard, I grew up with this notion that she was a damsel in distress.

So Luke finding out Leia is his sister resonated with me, and even more than that, the most emotional part of the movie, when Vader threatens Leia and Luke flips the fuck out? Well, that to me was my father threatening my sister. As a kid I don't think I ever experienced a scene more powerful - for me - than that scene.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

oh god this is great

Alegis on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    my mom thinks I should take my dad on this for his b-day

http://nycbeerweek.com/events/details/?id=90

i hope it's not full!

Casual Eddy on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Thanks Cass but I feel my problems pale in comparison to the shit you've had to go through in life I am mostly a spoiled child who happened to be severely depressed until I found the right medication for me and when I did it was too late and fixing all the bullshit I've built beforehand has been a fight I mostly never had the strength to win.

spoiler alert: it's possible that both of these statements are misrepresenting reality.

desc on
    edited September 2010
    Tomorrow is my appointment with my psych doc. I think I'll accept his previous suggestion of a prescription for Adderall. This should be a fun trip.

Kagera on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Seriously I just with my biological father's vasectomy had worked and I never had been born because this shit we call life isn't something I would have chosen so far.

It can get better you know.
    it can also get worse

Well yeah he could be shipped off to the Amazon and sewed into a raw cowhide.

Incenjucar on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

It's not a competition. If shit sucks, it sucks. By your logic I shouldn't complain when children are dying in floods in Pakistan, you know? Feel free to shoot me a PM if you ever need to talk.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Woo, One Piece!

*manly fangirl squeal*

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010

i hope it's not full!

new york cyber week?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Return of the Jedi was my favourite as a kid because when I was young I would dream of growing up and making something of myself and finding the half-sister I lost when my parents split. My father only paid child support because my mom made him, and since he is an evil bastard, I grew up with this notion that she was a damsel in distress.

So Luke finding out Leia is his sister resonated with me, and even more than that, the most emotional part of the movie, when Vader threatens Leia and Luke flips the fuck out? Well, that to me was my father threatening my sister. As a kid I don't think I ever experienced a scene more powerful - for me - than that scene.

Which is a lot why you can't really be wrong in an opinion about fiction. Storytelling is only half about what's actually presented, the other half is what the viewer/reader/etc makes of it.

For me though Jedi is incredibly fucking tedious and ridiculous at the same time. Except the throne room scene you mentioned. That part is gold.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
    edited September 2010
    Blah, depressing [chat] is lame.

More sexy things that annoy Will and/or Mori <3 from his GF.

Kagera on
    edited September 2010
    Kager you've gotta power through it until you get the help you need.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    i don't think i really had 'powerful' films as a kid

i liked the lion king

my brother and i watched Home Alone like 50 times

i also liked Little Giants

Organichu on
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

i hope it's not full!

new york cyber week?

yes.

Casual Eddy on
    edited September 2010
    OremLK wrote: »
    Return of the Jedi was my favourite as a kid because when I was young I would dream of growing up and making something of myself and finding the half-sister I lost when my parents split. My father only paid child support because my mom made him, and since he is an evil bastard, I grew up with this notion that she was a damsel in distress.

Which is a lot why you can't really be wrong in an opinion about fiction. Storytelling is only half about what's actually presented, the other half is what the viewer/reader/etc makes of it.

For me though Jedi is incredibly fucking tedious and ridiculous at the same time. Except the throne room scene you mentioned. That part is gold.

I also really loved the Ewoks, and I don't get all the hate. And Hutt's palace was good fun, too.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If you roll a critical failure these things can happen to you in FATAL.
    0205 Caster only wants to have sex, especially oral, with women on their rag.

0206 Caster’s buttocks itch for the next entire day. Suffer - 10 initiative

Sarksus on
    edited September 2010
    I miss boston will! I love NY but it's so big it's a bit daunting

Casual Eddy on
    edited September 2010
    Activia or whatever her nick is.

Kagera on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010

that's what she said

Organichu on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010

i hope it's not full!

new york cyber week?

yes.

he will be so happy

but you'd better up his anytime minutes for the month

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited September 2010

i hope it's not full!

new york cyber week?

yes.

he will be so happy

but you'd better up his anytime minutes for the month

well it does combine drinking beer and being fancy on a sail boat which are two of his fave things

he's the only one bringing in money right now so my mom's all MAKE HIM FEEL APPRECIATED

Casual Eddy on
    edited September 2010

that's kind of how i feel about NYC

when i first moved out east i had hoped to land in NYC but instead landed in DC. And then, later when I had an opportunity to relocate, my opportunity was in Boston. I kind of regret on some level never living in NYC. But on the other hand whenever i go down there to visit i feel overwhelmed and overwrought after a few days. I think maybe i just missed the window in my life when i would have been able to really enjoy NYC.

These days, Boston is a perfect speed to me. I mean hey being in the second or third-most fast-paced city in the US aint bad

You seem to be there at just about the right time though. I hope you love it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited September 2010

It's not a competition. If shit sucks, it sucks. By your logic I shouldn't complain when children are dying in floods in Pakistan, you know? Feel free to shoot me a PM if you ever need to talk.

Thank you Cass. <3

Kagera on
    edited September 2010
    Being raised by T.V. has had an interesting effect on me. At 10 years old, Lethal Weapon was easier to watch than A Troll in Central Park, christ that movie had me in tears. Emotional heavy is more effective than just shallow violence, censors are stupid.

Though Riggs putting the gun in his mouth was a gripping scene.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited September 2010

when i first moved out east i had hoped to land in NYC but instead landed in DC. And then, later when I had an opportunity to relocate, my opportunity was in Boston. I kind of regret on some level never living in NYC. But on the other hand whenever i go down there to visit i feel overwhelmed and overwrought after a few days. I think maybe i just missed the window in my life when i would have been able to really enjoy NYC.

These days, Boston is a perfect speed to me. I mean hey being in the second or third-most fast-paced city in the US aint bad

oh yes I'm sure it will be much easier once I'm living closer to the city, have a job, etc.

Casual Eddy on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited September 2010

I totally agree

Casual Eddy on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    James wrote: »
    Is Mori around?

Mine.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

this is good to hear, because I had to choose 3 cities to work in and I chose boston as my third choice. i might just upgrade it to second choice even though I have a lot of friends in chicago

tyrannus on
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure everyone can agree Empire Strikes Back was the best Star Wars film.

Jedi.

horrible

no

go in the corner

You have no ground to stand on with this man, I'm sorry

Jedi totally sucks dude

I mean it doesn't totally suck but it's not as good as Empire Strikes Back

Edit: and now I see the reasoning given for why it was your favourite and foot --> mouth

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Hahahahhaa oh my god Dead Rising 2

Take a bunch of power drills, stick them into a bucket from the outside, then shove the bucket over a zombie's head

It's not really practical because it's a one-off but god is it fun

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Good evening [chat]. Or morning to be technical (for those on the east coast and Europe).

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Playing Dread made me antsy for Dead Space.

It also made me antsy to go out and be social.

I wonder how much of my craziness is just from social isolation that just doesn't bother me usually.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited September 2010
    fucccck I loved chicago, been there a few times.

Casual Eddy on
    edited September 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »

this is good to hear, because I had to choose 3 cities to work in and I chose boston as my third choice. i might just upgrade it to second choice even though I have a lot of friends in chicago

Yeah when i was moving out of DC, the list was something like:

NYC
    Boston
    San Francisco
    Chicago
    Seattle
    Denver

there are never any engineering jobs in NYC and frankie's first choice was boston anyways, plus i got a good offer up here, so here is where we ended up. i have not regretted it at all.

certainly not the cheapest place to live though i will say that

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited September 2010
    Playing Dread made me antsy for Dead Space.

It also made me antsy to go out and be social.

I wonder how much of my craziness is just from social isolation that just doesn't bother me usually.

I just bought dead space! absolutely love it. on chapter 2 right now.

Casual Eddy on
This discussion has been closed.