As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] you, George Lucas!

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    fucccck I loved chicago, been there a few times.

chicago is a pretty good city.

hells of fatties though

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

hells of fatties though

that's fine, it just makes me relatively more attractive

Casual Eddy on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Playing Dread made me antsy for Dead Space.

It also made me antsy to go out and be social.

I wonder how much of my craziness is just from social isolation that just doesn't bother me usually.

I just bought dead space! absolutely love it. on chapter 2 right now.

i played it through a few months ago

i thought it was fantastic. really good game. and i probably got it for like five bucks.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

I wonder how much of my craziness is just from social isolation that just doesn't bother me usually.

Dead Space is actually too scary for me.

Not gory! Which it is as well.

But just pure scary.

The tension never ever stops.

I don't even think there are Resident Evil-esque saferooms.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

hells of fatties though

That's because they don't stop having awesome places to eat the worst food for you.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    i guess i do need to eventually entertain where i plan to live when i become a professional

Organichu on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i just want to be in a city again to at least mimic the experience I had in london. albeit if I do get hired I don't expect to have a lot of free time

tyrannus on
    edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    i guess i do need to eventually entertain where i plan to live when i become a professional

you have time to work that out

probably focus more on where you want to go to school first

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Toronto

it's legal to be a pro now

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Dead Space is actually too scary for me.

Not gory! Which it is as well.

But just pure scary.

The tension never ever stops.

I don't even think there are Resident Evil-esque saferooms.

There are lots of safe places. They're just not marked or easily identified. So you just assume shit can get you wherever.

I liked it a lot.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited September 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »

hells of fatties though

That's because they don't stop having awesome places to eat the worst food for you.

and then they eat the shit out of it

the food there was p good

i really liked white castle

really, chicago was a fine city. i went there in the fall and the weather was brisk but fine

i understand that it's just retarded in the winter though

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dead Space was so goddamn scary. No other game has ever scared me like Dead Space has.

I love it.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

really, chicago was a fine city. i went there in the fall and the weather was brisk but fine

So the layers of fat serve a purpose.

Incenjucar on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Also, a school located in the city you would like to live in that's high-quality should give you good intern/co-op opportunities and jumpstart your career. That's half of the reason why I want to go to Berkeley.

Sarksus on
  • NotchNotch PottsfieldRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Winter in Chicago is brutal. Every year I tell myself that I have to get out of here.

Notch on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

Also, a school located in the city you would like to live in that's high-quality should give you good intern/co-op opportunities and jumpstart your career. That's half of the reason why I want to go to Berkeley.

yeah i really regret not going to a school in a good city

i mean six years at a lubbock college is six fucking years in lubbock

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited September 2010

hells of fatties though

I actually like that part too. I seem to be the only one, though.

If you come back and visit sometime you should check out Portillos. White Castle is sort of a midwest in general type of chain. Portillos is a Chicago thing. Really good italian beef sandwiches and hotdogs and stuff.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited September 2010
    Notch wrote: »
    Winter in Chicago is brutal. Every year I tell myself that I have to get out of here.

Try Upstate New York, sissy.

Sarksus on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm starting to regret all those raids.

Is this... growing up? GASP.

EDIT: Regret isn't the right word. I don't think I could have done much else at the time due to x y and z issues, but I don't think I can do it again.

edited September 2010

No way it is the best. I like the part where your nostril hairs freeze.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010

true

money's also an issue

i might have to go local community for a few years

Organichu on
    edited September 2010
    I actually like that part too. I seem to be the only one, though.

If you come back and visit sometime you should check out Portillos. White Castle is sort of a midwest in general type of chain. Portillos is a Chicago thing. Really good italian beef sandwiches and hotdogs and stuff.

I'd like to make it back sometime, but i haven't had an excuse in years.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    I think I will probably end up in Boston when I eventually get out of the army

My sister lives here and I've got an in at UMB (I'm friends with a professor on the board of admissions, and even if they're no longer on that board when I'm ready for university I'll need all the help I can get getting into a good university with no high school diploma)

I've got a lot of old friends in Los Angeles but half of them are in jail and most of the rest of them frankly are not people I should be associating with. And as much as I would love to go to the U of C in LA I don't think University of California would want me.

Plus my mother lives in Los Angeles. If I move back there I'm not sure how long I'd be able to keep her from finding out.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm just gonna say this. Jennifer Gray was really hot. Then she had some terrible plastic surgery. But it seems like she's got that all fixed up cause she's hot again. You all can go back to chatting.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010

worse than Rochester?

tyrannus on
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I actually enjoyed every raid I attended, but then it was a maximum of like two or three times I had done any one raid in WoW.

I kind of want to level up a new guy in Cataclysm and then just set it down, but the urge is so low I might as well just forget it.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Growing up is when you no longer regret the silly stuff you did as a youth

TRUE FACT

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited September 2010

true

money's also an issue

that's the smart move if you can't find a scholarship of some sort. there's no great reason pay extra just to take prereqs from an expensive university, really.

unless you figure you're gonna get fucked when you try to transfer credits

(you will almost certainly get fucked when you try to transfer credits)

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hopefully only a couple more semesters in this awful place and I can move to a metropolitan paradise!

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

No way it is the best. I like the part where your nostril hairs freeze.

The thing I miss most about having a mustache was the way it would freeze in winter. Such an odd sensation.

Kilroy on
    edited September 2010
    I actually enjoyed every raid I attended, but then it was a maximum of like two or three times I had done any one raid in WoW.

I kind of want to level up a new guy in Cataclysm and then just set it down, but the urge is so low I might as well just forget it.

I like how I'm showing signs of personal growth and dropping my WoW addiction and you're all

no it's cool

we'll level worgens

just the first month

c'mon try it

YOU ARE KILLING ME

YOU'RE KILLING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

edited September 2010

true

money's also an issue

Community college, in my mind, is preferred. The amount of money you save is enormous and community colleges can actually be pretty good quality. Just make sure the courses transfer.

Sarksus on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »

worse than Rochester?
    Yes, worse than Rochester. Well, NY, anyway.

Thanatos on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dead Space was so goddamn scary. No other game has ever scared me like Dead Space has.

I love it.

You can be kind of a pussy though, I mean

with all credit due to Pony, you were genuinely freaked out playing an imagination game with scary things spoken to you in a living room.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »

TRUE FACT

Many ended up being useful learning experiences. Like Cows don't really tip over.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010
    Res wrote: »
    I think I will probably end up in Boston when I eventually get out of the army

My sister lives here and I've got an in at UMB (I'm friends with a professor on the board of admissions, and even if they're no longer on that board when I'm ready for university I'll need all the help I can get getting into a good university with no high school diploma)

I've got a lot of old friends in Los Angeles but half of them are in jail and most of the rest of them frankly are not people I should be associating with. And as much as I would love to go to the U of C in LA I don't think University of California would want me.

Plus my mother lives in Los Angeles. If I move back there I'm not sure how long I'd be able to keep her from finding out.

boston is a pretty good town. after six years here some of its worse aspects are starting to grate on me a little, but on the whole i still like living here a lot. it's probably my favorite place i've ever lived.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I grew up in California, and never understood why jackets zipped up over your face until I moved to the Midwest.

Thanatos on
    edited September 2010
    i wish I saved the name "warwick". I already have "unholycow" but I doubt I'll WoW it up again

tyrannus on
  • NotchNotch PottsfieldRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »

worse than Rochester?

I've never spent winter in New York. I'm sure it's just as awful, if not worse. Like Sarks said, I'm a sissy.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck here a couple more years.

Notch on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »

TRUE FACT

i uh

i'm not really sure about this

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.