As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] you, George Lucas!

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    :(

One Piece is a pretty entertaining show...

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That is what harems are for, Cass.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Notch wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    can someone who knows about such things tell me whether the One Piece thread is still on-topic?

all that weeaboo shit runs together for me

My brother use to watch that show. I always thought that here was some secret in the opening. Like, the treasure was at a location called "One Piece". That's pretty silly of me though.

My going theory is that the One Piece is a bathing suit.

My theory is that the One Piece it is the love that binds together the friendship of those seeking it.

Because let's face it, this is an anime series and they ALL END THIS WAY.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    The wine shop in that town is up for sale.

Guys teach me about wine so I can buy the store and live the rest of my life in the mountains.

The secret to owning a liquor store is that you don't need to know anything about liquor. Hell you don't even need to know the native language of 99% of your customers

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The wine shop in that town is up for sale.

Guys teach me about wine so I can buy the store and live the rest of my life in the mountains.

selling franzia to the wives of hillbillies

There's actually a pretty classy wine bar in this small town my cousins are from. Like, three blocks away they have the annual lawnmower races.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey people in long term relationships

Do you ever find that your SO does not fulfill your social urge anymore? Like I want to talk to people and shit but Choco does not scratch that urge at all.

It's not like I dislike him or find him unfun to be around. He's basically my best friend.

I just crave something he can't provide I guess?

I would say a new face? I enjoy talking to different people partly because it's a new experience.

I think your problem is the obstacle of working up the courage to do that.

I managed to just straight up talk to a dude whose name I didn't know in my class today and convinced him to play Dread.

Work on trying to do something like that maybe, just breaking the ice with people.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Cokebotle wrote: »

do you ever read the stuff that cj ikagura posts and think

"jesus dude get a grip"?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Notch wrote: »
    can someone who knows about such things tell me whether the One Piece thread is still on-topic?

all that weeaboo shit runs together for me

My brother use to watch that show. I always thought that here was some secret in the opening. Like, the treasure was at a location called "One Piece". That's pretty silly of me though.

My going theory is that the One Piece is a bathing suit.

My theory is that the One Piece it is the love that binds together the friendship of those seeking it.

Because let's face it, this is an anime series and they ALL END THIS WAY.

True enough.

I enjoy the show, but it's still very much shonen.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Do you ever find that your SO does not fulfill your social urge anymore? Like I want to talk to people and shit but Choco does not scratch that urge at all.

It's not like I dislike him or find him unfun to be around. He's basically my best friend.

Sounds like you want friends. This is pretty normal.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I need to have friends go to India more often. This Singh henna stains beautifully. <3

Passerbye on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Actually there is a really cute grocery store in the town too.

And there's a cute little movie theatre and a "department store" and a bookstore!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I need to have friends go to India more often. This Singh henna stains beautifully. <3

This is why I can't take you with me on my secret jaunts.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    I am not very good at this buying houses thing. I put in an offer at $6500 above asking and someone had offered more in cash.

Doc on
  • Options
    NotchNotch PottsfieldRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Hmmm, I find that hanging out with my SO is enough for me socially when he is invested in what we are doing. Actually, most of the time I would rather hanging out with just him. I should make a more conscious effort to hang out with my other friends though. I haven't seen some really good friends in months.

Notch on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2010

do you ever read the stuff that cj ikagura posts and think

"jesus dude get a grip"?

I dunno. Most of the stuff I notice of his is music related. *shrug*

Although his obsession with KPop taking over the world is somewhat ... odd.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited September 2010

And there's a cute little movie theatre and a "department store" and a bookstore!

You should look to see what the bookstore has. There were like three bookstores in the little town I was forced to live in for awhile. Never a single goddamn book worth buying unless you were a hippie or you wanted to hump Jesus.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Doc wrote: »
    I am not very good at this buying houses thing. I put in an offer at $6500 above asking and someone had offered more in cash.

Wasn't Vancouver supposed to have trained you for this. Offer 300,000 on a one bedroom and you'll definitely get it.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Yes, most people need more then one person to be social around. It's easy to end up in the same conversations.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010

most of us need other people than our partners at times, i think.

i'm not really a socially anxious person, but frankie is, and the way new england is with meeting new people, we spend a whole lot of time together.

i think that even if you never get on each other's nerves, and take comfort in each other's company, eventually it becomes a little stale to just be around one other person who's habits and thoughts and opinions you already know.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

You should look to see what the bookstore has. There were like three bookstores in the little town I was forced to live in for awhile. Never a single goddamn book worth buying unless you were a hippie or you wanted to hump Jesus.

Maybe humping Jesus is my path.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    will how you doin man

MikeMan on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

I thought it was because you didn't want to risk any witnesses.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

And if you get a Kindle, you'll be able to read new books about a year before that bookstore gets them in stock!

And... a teacher is snoring now. Wonderful...

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Nah. Don't underestimate how much energy I have. But goddamn it stain remover is rough on my hands and I hate those rubber gloves.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

And if you get a Kindle, you'll be able to read new books about a year before that bookstore gets them in stock!

And... a teacher is snoring now. Wonderful...

And I won't even have to wait for the prop plane to arrive with the monthly supplies!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010

Wasn't Vancouver supposed to have trained you for this. Offer 300,000 on a one bedroom and you'll definitely get it.

Offered 385,000 on a two bedroom house. But it was a ridiculously nice house, which is why I got outbid.

Doc on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Enjoy your $8 eggs and your copy of that book you wanted 3 weeks ago that the owner guilted you into letting the store order, which you then paid double Amazon's price for.

Everything is all cute and quant on the surface but it will slowly drain your life force.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    hey

if i want to post an mp3 of me talking for online friends to listen to

what's the easiest way to do that?

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    will how you doin man

not bad

i should be in bed but i'm makin poast

the contract i'm on at work is kind of ending and i'm hoping i don't get laid off with all the defense cuts. in theory i have another year or so of funding before i need to find something new, i guess, but it's still a little stressful.

maybe i'm coming down with a cold too.

outside of that things are good. been enjoying the haloes and the civs.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Offered 385,000 on a two bedroom house. But it was a ridiculously nice house, which is why I got outbid.

If you want some practice you can go buy me a place at the Olive 8.

http://olive8.com/

Then you will know just what to do.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I could never give up the accessibility of the city for the minimal benefits of a rural area.

To hear a suburban area being described as one in which your neighbours are far apart just strikes me as insanity. I always figured suburbs are when you've got houses lined up in fairly packed streets, but there aren't really too many highrises for the most part.

If your neighbour's house is more than like 20 metres away, you're in an rural area as far as I'm concerned.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Nah. Don't underestimate how much energy I have. But goddamn it stain remover is rough on my hands and I hate those rubber gloves.

Don't worry, you're safe. By the time you're around the actual paste is already cleaned away.

I mean. Yes. Henna stains everyone and is hard to wash out.

It keeps me safe.

Oh God.

What have I said?

[tiny]Help. Now he knows.[/tiny]

Passerbye on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

not really?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    hey

Dropbox or CloudApp. CloudApp is geared towards sharing things quickly with people. It has a Mac client. Stilist likes it a lot.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    hey

cults are so cute

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    hey

Do you have a camera which can record video?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Enjoy your $8 eggs and your copy of that book you wanted 3 weeks ago that the owner guilted you into letting the store order, which you then paid double Amazon's price for.

Everything is all cute and quant on the surface but it will slowly drain your life force.

My life force is gone. $8 eggs can only increase it now.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I could never give up the accessibility of the city for the minimal benefits of a rural area.

To hear a suburban area being described as one in which your neighbours are far apart just strikes me as insanity. I always figured suburbs are when you've got houses lined up in fairly packed streets, but there aren't really too many highrises for the most part.

If your neighbour's house is more than like 20 metres away, you're in an rural area as far as I'm concerned.

Even in rural areas housing can be pretty close and very suburb-like.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    NotchNotch PottsfieldRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am going to make the goals of studying harder and working out.

Notch on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    http://www.tindeck.com/ is also good for hosting audio

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
This discussion has been closed.