As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] you, George Lucas!

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There is something very nice about waking up at dawn, having a full beard, watching the sunrise with a cup of coffee and know that you have constructive tasks ahead of you. Even if that task is making the woodpile grow.

Thomamelas on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    you seem to swing pretty dramatically in your goals and intentions from month to month sarks

I'm still going to do school and get a degree in computer engineering, possibly even a masters depending on where I go, and a career in that field is still my priority but if I was able to find a quiet place to live an hour away from work the commute would be acceptable to me. As much as I would like to live away from other people I realize it's not realistic and that I need to secure my future first and foremost and that other people rely on my future success, namely my mother.

Though if during my schooling I was able to become a very skilled programmer and I found success early and could work over the Internet I would seriously consider living in as a remote area as possible while still getting a good Internet connection.

I do veer wildly around. I'm still growing and experiencing new things that shape my perceptions of what I can do or want to do.

yeah it makes sense. i wasn't really judging. it's just notable.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    also, eight new einstein rings discovered with hubble

fuck yeaaaaaaaa gravitational lensing!

MikeMan on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    And the entire wider universe beyond our horizon is filled with penises*

*This statement may not be accurate.

You think everything is filled with penises.

But it's a charming trait, right?

Sometimes. The baby thing was kinda creepy.

Passerbye on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    you seem to swing pretty dramatically in your goals and intentions from month to month sarks

I'm still going to do school and get a degree in computer engineering, possibly even a masters depending on where I go, and a career in that field is still my priority but if I was able to find a quiet place to live an hour away from work the commute would be acceptable to me. As much as I would like to live away from other people I realize it's not realistic and that I need to secure my future first and foremost and that other people rely on my future success, namely my mother.

Though if during my schooling I was able to become a very skilled programmer and I found success early and could work over the Internet I would seriously consider living in as a remote area as possible while still getting a good Internet connection.

I do veer wildly around. I'm still growing and experiencing new things that shape my perceptions of what I can do or want to do.

yeah it makes sense. i wasn't really judging. it's just notable.

wiping the slate
    redrawing the lines

It's a direct reference to how malleable I am. I consider it my defining character trait.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    There is something very nice about waking up at dawn, having a full beard, watching the sunrise with a cup of coffee and know that you have constructive tasks ahead of you. Even if that task is making the woodpile grow.
    Just to be clear, you're talking about Minecraft here right

MikeMan on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Doc wrote: »
    Example of retarded stuff I've seen recently:
    GetMedia.ashx?Key=44211660&TableID=1&Type=1&Size=4&exk=943808827&Number=8

what's going on with this?

is it just that the shitty little deck isn't attached to the shitty little stairs?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Slowly giving you a neurosis so that you can't fully enjoy tasks which are not productive in some definable manner.

Incenjucar on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm so old school I think pluto's a planet

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I don't remember the baby thing. Was this throw away comment I made or part of a forum argument I was making?

Regina Fong on
    edited September 2010
    i'm so old school

(one two one two)

they tore the school down

(one two one two)

whosoever gets the reference will get mad mikeman props

MikeMan on
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »

In what other context would you be making a woodpile?

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Jeep do you think everything is filled with penises

because you want to be filled with penises?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    also, eight new einstein rings discovered with hubble

fuck yeaaaaaaaa gravitational lensing!

That's pretty cool.

Passerbye on
    edited September 2010
    is it an Old School reference, Mike

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

No. I have yet to find a way to give my minecraft guy a beard. And he'd need some flannel.

Thomamelas on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i'm so old school

(one two one two)

(one two one two)

WHERE MAH LASERS AT?!

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited September 2010

Not really, my actual sex drive is pretty low (although not non-existent like that dude in H&A) so I've been celibate for a long time.

Regina Fong on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    is it just that the shitty little deck isn't attached to the shitty little stairs?

Yeah, they went through the trouble of building both, but didn't connect them. So there's a door off the bedroom, but you can't go anywhere through it. And if you wanted to have a grill on your porch, you'd have to walk through the bedroom to get to it. It would have taken a tiny bit of planning to do it right.

Doc on
    edited September 2010

I don't remember the baby thing. Was this throw away comment I made or part of a forum argument I was making?

Noooo. Everything filled with penises - charming? Sometimes. Except that a baby filled with penises? Kind of creepy.

Sigh. :P

Passerbye on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Man, getting completely steamrolled in Invasion kind of sucks.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited September 2010
    Res wrote: »
    I'm so old school I think pluto's a planet

Your mamas so fat it was either name her as the tenth planet or down-grade Pluto.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Slowly giving you a neurosis so that you can't fully enjoy tasks which are not productive in some definable manner.

Most tasks can be productive in some manner. Reading when one is finished working for instance expands the mind.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010
    is it an Old School reference, Mike
    nein!

MikeMan on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond if you don't mind my asking

What's the story with you and your bro

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited September 2010

No. I have yet to find a way to give my minecraft guy a beard. And he'd need some flannel.

You can tweak your skin so that it appears a beard is projecting out from your face, I think.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2010
    i'm so old school

(one two one two)

(one two one two)

where my lasers at

where my lasers at dawg

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010

You can tweak your skin so that it appears a beard is projecting out from your face, I think.

I see. But can I make a flannel chest plate?

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010

Not really, my actual sex drive is pretty low (although not non-existent like that dude in H&A) so I've been celibate for a long time.

Oh okay, guess I won't need to offer my assistance then

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Irond if you don't mind my asking

What's the story with you and your bro

Will has a brother?

I thought he was an only child.

Passerbye on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Most tasks can be productive in some manner. Reading when one is finished working for instance expands the mind.

After growing up in the country, the only way I was able to start to enjoy life was to rationalize every single experience as beneficial to my growth as an author. To this day I have to actively do this. It really fucks with my ability to sleep in once in awhile.

Incenjucar on
    edited September 2010

I see. But can I make a flannel chest plate?

Not sure how armor affects your skin. I don't wear armor anyway. That's for babies.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2010
    i'm so old school

(one two one two)

(one two one two)

WHERE MAH LASERS AT?!

hahahahahah yessssss

DK gets it.

DK

Donkey

Kong

he's the leader of the bunch

you know him well

he's finally back

to kick some tail

MikeMan on
    edited September 2010

Noooo. Everything filled with penises - charming? Sometimes. Except that a baby filled with penises? Kind of creepy.

Sigh. :P

You see what is going on here I hope. Because I happen to respect your viewpoint, as a person who posts here and is pretty consistently reasonable and even *gasp* wise, sometimes when you tease me I am instead listening very intently and your joke flies right past me.

However, because this happens to me somewhat frequently I always keep in the back of my mind that you could very well be making a joke.

Regina Fong on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    http://cl.ly/cfcd9eb01fc4f7f591bc

I just did command shift 4 and made a partial screenshot and then CloudApp automatically uploaded it and pasted the link in the clipboard. You set a hotkey, highlight a file, press the hotkey and it uploads it and pastes the link in the clipboard.

TinyGrab does the exact same thing and has for a year now.

Oh, and you can just drag things to the menu bar icon to upload them.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    GOD DAMMIT DONKEY KONG

DON'T MAKE ME COME UP THERE

I HAVE A SLEDGEHAMMER

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    people hate on donkey kong because diddy and dixie are better

but I show respect

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    http://cl.ly/cfcd9eb01fc4f7f591bc

I just did command shift 4 and made a partial screenshot and then CloudApp automatically uploaded it and pasted the link in the clipboard. You set a hotkey, highlight a file, press the hotkey and it uploads it and pastes the link in the clipboard.

TinyGrab does the exact same thing and has for a year now.

Oh, and you can just drag things to the menu bar icon to upload them.

WE'RE GOING WITH CLOUDAPP.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2010
    Mike I should get this one because I was delayed by Dead Rising 2

Which is so hip your grandma broke it

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Nobody liked my fat joke.

Damnit I have to read a damn play and then go to bed anyway.

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.