As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] you, George Lucas!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    What's fun is equipping ham then using ham to kill pigs.

I enjoy beating up lots of things with their components.

Like chopping down a tree with a smaller tree.

Maybe I am not up on by botany but uh

I don't think trees are made of hundreds of tinier trees.

PBF072-Barb_and_Rudy.jpg

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I like to think that, if I were a mod, my heart would remain pure. I'd be like a Paladin, a stalwart guardian of justice, but also a healer.

Sorry. You're too corrupted to be a paladin now. YOU'RE MINE <3<3<3

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    What The Cat flipped out about a few days ago, while said in an overly aggravated manner, is something I agree with.

Linky?

Also Will it's not even a question of how feminist people are, it's more a question of an underlying distrust and/or categorization of women.

Um, "a few days" means a while ago, which is still vague

I can try and find it; not promising anything

Arch on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What The Cat flipped out about a few days ago, while said in an overly aggravated manner, is something I agree with.

Linky?

Also Will it's not even a question of how feminist people are, it's more a question of an underlying distrust and/or categorization of women.

She basically said she's sick of being the go-to defender of feminism while everyone else just mucks about.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I haven't been training a partner.

I've been training a replacement.
    They really are beautiful, aren't they?

The stars.

Bama on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    I like to think that, if I were a mod, my heart would remain pure. I'd be like a Paladin, a stalwart guardian of justice, but also a healer.

Sorry. You're too corrupted to be a paladin now. YOU'RE MINE <3<3<3

Women corrupt. Like Eve and her brain fruits.

Whargle feminism whargle.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Linky?

She basically said she's sick of being the go-to defender of feminism while everyone else just mucks about.
    heavy lies the apron

Bama on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I was thinking about ben wa pokeballs powered by pikachus inside on my way to class today.

"Comes with extra sensations!"

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I think it started here

And I just realized that some of the stuff I "agreed" with her on came out in a few PMs I sent her after all that

So maybe it isn't in the thread, what I was talking about

Arch on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Bama, how much do I have to pay you to get you to post at least 7.5 hours a day, during my own workday?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    But I don't really want [chat] to devolve into weird meta analysis of other posters or another argument about gender, misogyny, feminism or sexism so

someone change the subject

Arch on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    It's usually pretty subtle, like the general underlying concern in the rape thread that we can't give too much credit to rape victims because ANY GIRL COULD FALSELY ACCUSE A GUY OF RAPE AT ANY TIME AND WE NEED TO BE PROTECTED FROM RAMPANT FAKE RAPE.

On the otherhand, you have a statistically significant number of posters who argue the defense has to prove consent was given.

Yeah napoleanic law was brought up specifically for rape, and thats a horrible thing for he said she said crimes.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I was thinking about ben wa pokeballs powered by pikachus inside on my way to class today.

"Comes with extra sensations!"

Survey Says: No stop doing that

Arch on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    OremLK wrote: »
    Jacob being a mod seems like a good outcome for the forums.

Maybe not so good for Jacob, but I don't have firsthand experience, so who knows.

don't fuck this up for me

i need jacob as a mod

i will cut you

Everybody in D&D should be able to infract other people, but only in D&D.

That would solve everything.

6 minutes after implementation everyone would be jailed. 30 seconds after that it'd be a ghost forum due to all the temp bans :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    But I don't really want [chat] to devolve into weird meta analysis of other posters or another argument about gender, misogyny, feminism or sexism so

someone change the subject

Here is a Black Sabbath song not many people have heard but it is still pretty great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfhTU5o_-60

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Maybe not so good for Jacob, but I don't have firsthand experience, so who knows.

i need jacob as a mod

i will cut you

6 minutes after implementation everyone would be jailed. 30 seconds after that it'd be a ghost forum due to all the temp bans :P

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

i need jacob as a mod

i will cut you

The smart ones would switch to invisible mode and just pick people off as they wandered into the forum.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    FartacusFartacus __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Farticus exactly what did you argue in that rape/gender thread.

I heard something about making sex illegal but I don't really trust the misogynist D&D hivemind to be accurate so I'm actually pretty curious.

he was saying that people charged with rape shouldn't have the presumption of innocence

because then people would go out of their way not to be charged with rape

and therefore rapes would be reduced

utilitarianism!

ehhh sort of

I still disagree that what I was arguing is the same thing as removing presumption of innocence

Also I was sort of arguing a hypothetical (always a recipe for stupid arguments) because I was amenable to arguments of solvency (that it wouldn't actually reduce the incidence of rape)

but for chrissake let's not resurrect that here and destroy the [chat] thread

Fartacus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

i need jacob as a mod

i will cut you

Anybody remember when you could "warn" people on AIM when they messaged you? At the time everyone in the lab used AIM to chat and send links, and pretty much every day an epic warning war would be started and it always ended with practically everyone temp banned from AIM.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Bama wrote: »

i need jacob as a mod

i will cut you

Anybody remember when you could "warn" people on AIM when they messaged you? At the time everyone in the lab used AIM to chat and send links, and pretty much every day an epic warning war would be started and it always ended with practically everyone temp banned from AIM.
    The AIM warn function is how I met my wife actually.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    BOOM BOOM BOOM

[chat]illionaire

FIVE ENEMIES LEFT

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    So given that I like some animes and mangas and pokemons, I was thinking this earlier.

If the fan community can (and will, for free!) translate things like new manga chapters the day (if not the day BEFORE!) the paper hits the stands in japan, why the hell can't the american distributors keep up?

Like, we have rough translations for all the pokemon in the new game, all the attacks, the abilities, and a rough translation of all the pokedex entries four days after the game came out in japan, all done by like one dude

Why the hell does it take months for it to cross the pond?

I swear, more businesses need to tap the massive power that is the internet

Arch on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2010

And then you get a PM featuring a picture of a man with eels up his ass.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Also today looks like a pretty easy day to get all the daily challenges done on broach

hardest one will be seven sprees in multiplayer matchmaking

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Echo wrote: »

And then you get a PM featuring a picture of a man with eels up his ass.
    So is there like a test, or an obstacle course you have to run to get made a mod, or can I just request it right now?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    So given that I like some animes and mangas and pokemons, I was thinking this earlier.

If the fan community can (and will, for free!) translate things like new manga chapters the day (if not the day BEFORE!) the paper hits the stands in japan, why the hell can't the american distributors keep up?

Like, we have rough translations for all the pokemon in the new game, all the attacks, the abilities, and a rough translation of all the pokedex entries four days after the game came out in japan, all done by like one dude

I believe its more the delay is business related and nothing to do with actual translation difficulties. Especially with pokemon.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It just feels, to me, like a large number of companies still haven't really "gotten" what this whole internet thing is about

See- the FCC, the RIAA, the music industry, the comics industry, hell even the video game industry still doesn't really "get" it

Arch on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't have time to read chat let alone an entire forum....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    This requires elaboration.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

I believe its more the delay is business related and nothing to do with actual translation difficulties. Especially with pokemon.

Well I mean, I guess so.

But what about mangas? Why not implement a pay-by-chapter model on your website and pay some dude to translate each chapter as it is released?

I would pay for each chapter!

Arch on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

Well I mean, I guess so.

But what about mangas? Why not implement a pay-by-chapter model on your website and pay some dude to translate each chapter as it is released?

I would pay for each chapter!

I dunno because I don't read your weaboo nonsense hobbit.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    sorry I missed that

five multikills in one multiplayer matchmaking game

also, heroic Winter Contingency with the tilt skull on

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Still not finished this stupid TNA form. I don't know if I'm being overly optimistic about my abilities, or if I really don't need much training this year. I keep going over the stupid thing to try and find statements I don't feel I can agree with, but so far the only ones are things which don't have much relevance to my PhD subject (like, for example, "I can demonstrate that my research has been carried out in a way that would allow commercial exploitation of my research if appropriate. I know what is involved in writing a business plan").

BobCesca on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

because with videogames there is a substantial amount of reprogramming to do in order to change the entire character set that's used and ensure that it shows up correctly.

With manga it's probably that weaboos are so obsessed with their hobby that companies aren't beholden to their audience.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    This requires elaboration.
    My roomate in college and I would talk on AIM despite sharing a wall in the apartment, it was easier than yelling. We'd do the same thing with warn, just warn each other for the heck of it. So I warned him one night and he went "Oh great, now everyone will message me and ask what I did to get warned." Sure enough, a few minutes later, my (future) wife messages him asking what he did. I go fine, give me her screen name, I'll tell her it was just us screwing around. I'd intended that to be it, I figured I'd say one sentence to her and never talk again. And now we're married.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I kind of wish I'd taken a photo of the neckbearded gent in the queue at the supermarket. It was impressive. I can only hope he has some sort of horrible blindspot that led to the unruly mass below his chin.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    sorry I missed that

god, I did that on legendary

ugh

what does tilt do, anyway?

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Still not finished this stupid TNA form. I don't know if I'm being overly optimistic about my abilities, or if I really don't need much training this year. I keep going over the stupid thing to try and find statements I don't feel I can agree with, but so far the only ones are things which don't have much relevance to my PhD subject (like, for example, "I can demonstrate that my research has been carried out in a way that would allow commercial exploitation of my research if appropriate. I know what is involved in writing a business plan").

One year in the feedback meeting for our equivalent of that form it was pointed out I'd essentially just written "N/A" in every single box and signed my name. The assessor joked that under the "Activities I have avoided" I should have listed "filling in irrelevant questionnaires". Then we laughed and I went back upstairs.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    sorry I missed that

I read this as "tits skull" and was briefly much more interested in whatever game this is.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    We went to Target at lunch today, since it's in walking distance. On the way back, we looped around and came in the main driveway of the lot. We were somewhat confused by the car driving somewhat eratically around the lot. As we get closer to the door, we see a bunch of our radio sitting around and some people fiddling with some equipment. Then we realize there is an antenna sticking out of the sunroof of the car. They had been testing the radios by having somebody drive in and out of range with the radios poking out of their car.

YamiNoSenshi on
This discussion has been closed.