Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chat] you, George Lucas!

1293032343557

Posts

  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also, they have Bioshock for $15 at Target. Sold!

    YamiNoSenshi on
    Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.

    Watch me sometimes stream games.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also, they have Bioshock for $15 at Target. Sold!

    Gamefly has Bioshock 2 for their weekly sale for $15, too. Used.

    emnmnme on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also, they have Bioshock for $15 at Target. Sold!

    The parasite buys things on sale...

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    sorry I missed that

    five multikills in one multiplayer matchmaking game

    also, heroic Winter Contingency with the tilt skull on

    I read this as "tits skull" and was briefly much more interested in whatever game this is.

    whatever you do, don't GIS it with safesearch off

    just don't

    Jacobkosh on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Still not finished this stupid TNA form. I don't know if I'm being overly optimistic about my abilities, or if I really don't need much training this year. I keep going over the stupid thing to try and find statements I don't feel I can agree with, but so far the only ones are things which don't have much relevance to my PhD subject (like, for example, "I can demonstrate that my research has been carried out in a way that would allow commercial exploitation of my research if appropriate. I know what is involved in writing a business plan").

    One year in the feedback meeting for our equivalent of that form it was pointed out I'd essentially just written "N/A" in every single box and signed my name. The assessor joked that under the "Activities I have avoided" I should have listed "filling in irrelevant questionnaires". Then we laughed and I went back upstairs.

    It's a really big deal in my school, and given some of the issues I had last year my Supervisor wants us to be totally on top of all paperwork and other admin stuff.

    It's a pain. Hopefully he'll have some suggestions tomorrow.

    BobCesca on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    sorry I missed that

    five multikills in one multiplayer matchmaking game

    also, heroic Winter Contingency with the tilt skull on

    I read this as "tits skull" and was briefly much more interested in whatever game this is.

    whatever you do, don't GIS it with safesearch off

    just don't

    You know that just has people do it, its like saying "Don't look up the wikipedia on 'a serbian film'" people always do and then complain about it.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Also, they have Bioshock for $15 at Target. Sold!

    The parasite buys things on sale...

    :lol:

    Jacobkosh on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    goddamit tropical storm nicole

    guys i may drown this week

    Arch on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Is the D&D hivemind really misogynist? All our regulars are super feminists.

    Though, you may envision our regulars as a pocket of resistance fighting off hordes of uneducated masses piling in to say stupid things. Those which survive are forever changed and become regulars themselves.

    That sounds a lot like treehousing, though.

    First off, I hate the whole notion of the "D&D hivemind" or the "echo chamber." It's a really sloppy way of portraying a lot of different viewpoints, and comes across as intrinsically dismissive.

    But, there are a handful of very vocal feminists, and a handful of people who have very vocal but ultimately misogynist viewpoints, and a lot of people in between who also have vaguely misogynist viewpoints.

    That shouldn't be surprising because we live in a vaguely (or not so vaguely) misogynist culture, so people who are generally reasonable and mainstream are going to have misogynist viewpoints. That doesn't make them bad people or sexist, which is a super-important thing to remember: it just makes them products of their time and place (as we all are).

    And for the record, nobody (as far as I can recall) seriously argued for revoking the presumption of innocence in criminal trials in the rape thread. That's a significant oversimplification.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Eels up the ass? People do that to you, Echo?

    Gim on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I read this as "tits skull" and was briefly much more interested in whatever game this is.

    whatever you do, don't GIS it with safesearch off

    just don't

    You know that just has people do it, its like saying "Don't look up the wikipedia on 'a serbian film'" people always do and then complain about it.

    ugh, I did that

    Jacobkosh on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    goddamit tropical storm nicole

    guys i may drown this week

    What you need is a couple of sea turtles and a lot of back hair.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I saw a black midget when i went to get lunch an hour ago. His race really doesnt matter, but since it seems like white midgets are more commen and its rare to see them as it is, i guess I hit some kind of people watching lottery.

    Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

    In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

    Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I read this as "tits skull" and was briefly much more interested in whatever game this is.

    whatever you do, don't GIS it with safesearch off

    just don't

    You know that just has people do it, its like saying "Don't look up the wikipedia on 'a serbian film'" people always do and then complain about it.

    ugh, I did that

    Its the one film I wish everyone involved with went to prison forever for. Like it crosses a line that should never be crossed for anything.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Gim wrote: »
    Eels up the ass? People do that to you, Echo?

    You haven't seen a huge sense of entitlement until you've moderated a huge video game forum.

    Echo on
    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Witchdr wrote: »
    I saw a black midget when i went to get lunch an hour ago. His race really doesnt matter, but since it seems like white midgets are more commen and its rare to see them as it is, i guess I hit some kind of people watching lottery.

    Midgets are so difficult not to stare at, they are normal people and such, but god damn its like shaking a dudes hand thats missing fingers, your brain becomes intrigued and your sense of deceny goes out the window.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    You know that just has people do it, its like saying "Don't look up the wikipedia on 'a serbian film'" people always do and then complain about it.

    Oh God damnit.

    Gim on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am guessing assuaging my curiosity about this film is not something I should attempt at work

    Arch on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Witchdr wrote: »
    I saw a black midget when i went to get lunch an hour ago. His race really doesnt matter, but since it seems like white midgets are more commen and its rare to see them as it is, i guess I hit some kind of people watching lottery.

    So what was it like, seeing someone significantly shorter than you yet significantly bigger than you at the same time?
    haha stereotypes!

    Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Gim wrote: »
    Eels up the ass? People do that to you, Echo?

    I've seen the videos.


    also goldfish.

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    sorry I missed that

    five multikills in one multiplayer matchmaking game

    also, heroic Winter Contingency with the tilt skull on

    god, I did that on legendary

    ugh

    what does tilt do, anyway?
    In ODST it made all human bullets bounce off shields, including sniper rifles.

    I'm not sure if they changed it for Reach. In the description it seemed to say something about just making enemies more resilient or something. I haven't tried it in Reach yet, though.

    MikeMan on
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Witchdr wrote: »
    I saw a black midget when i went to get lunch an hour ago. His race really doesnt matter, but since it seems like white midgets are more commen and its rare to see them as it is, i guess I hit some kind of people watching lottery.

    Midgets are so difficult not to stare at, they are normal people and such, but god damn its like shaking a dudes hand thats missing fingers, your brain becomes intrigued and your sense of deceny goes out the window.

    yeah exactly, i'm sure he's a normal guy on the inside, but his big ass head with a tiny body is just made to be stared at.

    Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

    In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

    Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yahtzee wrote:
    If adventure games were a medical condition the first symptom would be amnesia and the second would be kleptomania.

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Witchdr wrote: »
    I saw a black midget when i went to get lunch an hour ago. His race really doesnt matter, but since it seems like white midgets are more commen and its rare to see them as it is, i guess I hit some kind of people watching lottery.

    So what was it like, seeing someone significantly shorter than you yet significantly bigger than you at the same time?
    haha stereotypes!

    I started texting my friends right away like a 5 year old. I almost took a picture as proof but i did factor in that he is a human being.

    Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

    In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

    Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited September 2010
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    sorry I missed that

    five multikills in one multiplayer matchmaking game

    also, heroic Winter Contingency with the tilt skull on

    god, I did that on legendary

    ugh

    what does tilt do, anyway?

    shields and armor on enemies are much heavier

    you need to carry a plasma pistol and use charged shots to take down elite shields; hence playing Winter Contingency because it has the least amount of them.

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    I am guessing assuaging my curiosity about this film is not something I should attempt at work

    Wiki's description is just disgusting text, no actual pictures thank christ.

    Now for something to laugh at, read the wiki on that recent movie "Devil".

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I read this as "tits skull" and was briefly much more interested in whatever game this is.

    whatever you do, don't GIS it with safesearch off

    just don't

    You know that just has people do it, its like saying "Don't look up the wikipedia on 'a serbian film'" people always do and then complain about it.

    ugh, I did that

    Its the one film I wish everyone involved with went to prison forever for. Like it crosses a line that should never be crossed for anything.

    And yet not 120 Days of Sodom.

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    I am guessing assuaging my curiosity about this film is not something I should attempt at work

    Wiki's description is just disgusting text, no actual pictures thank christ.

    Now for something to laugh at, read the wiki on that recent movie "Devil".

    OH alright brb

    Arch on
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    Eels up the ass? People do that to you, Echo?

    You haven't seen a huge sense of entitlement until you've moderated a huge video game forum.

    I am so, so sorry.

    Gim on
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think I am going to stop eating mammals.

    Chicken and fish can still step right up.

    Hachface on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    I am guessing assuaging my curiosity about this film is not something I should attempt at work

    Wiki's description is just disgusting text, no actual pictures thank christ.

    Now for something to laugh at, read the wiki on that recent movie "Devil".

    That codex gigas picture is pretty funny. yeah.

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Gim wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    You know that just has people do it, its like saying "Don't look up the wikipedia on 'a serbian film'" people always do and then complain about it.

    Oh God damnit.

    Give me the PG-13 version.

    YamiNoSenshi on
    Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.

    Watch me sometimes stream games.
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I read this as "tits skull" and was briefly much more interested in whatever game this is.

    whatever you do, don't GIS it with safesearch off

    just don't

    You know that just has people do it, its like saying "Don't look up the wikipedia on 'a serbian film'" people always do and then complain about it.

    ugh, I did that

    Its the one film I wish everyone involved with went to prison forever for. Like it crosses a line that should never be crossed for anything.

    And yet not 120 Days of Sodom.

    To be fair, Pasolini was murdered before it was released. That's sorta karma.

    Gim on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hachface wrote: »
    I think I am going to stop eating mammals.

    Chicken and fish can still step right up.

    For everyone you don't eat, I'll eat three! (hurr hurr hurr)

    Seriously though. :^:

    Leitner on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    One of the key notions in feminism, or in power politics in general, is to understand that two statements can both be strictly factually true, but be effectively misogynist in a specific context (even if the speaker doesn't mean it to be).

    Consider the following two statements.
    1) Black people are more likely to suffer from folliculitis (skin irritation from shaving) than white people.
    2) Black people score lower on IQ tests on average than white people.

    Both of these are factually true statements. And in a certain context, (2) may be racist, or it may not be. If we were discussing, for instance, socioeconomic factors that reduce availability of education to black people, or social bias in IQ tests, (2) is not necessarily racist. But if we were discussing genetic differences between black people and white people, and somebody mentioned (2) as evidence of genetic inferiority, then (2) is racist.

    Most of the time, though, it's something in between. Largely because individuals tend to be very bad at analyzing and understanding the sources of their own opinions. I'm not talking about critical thinking - this is different from critical thinking. This is more like introspection. Not "is this idea true," but "where did I first learn this idea, and why does it stick out in my memory, and why does it feel important?"

    If we were talking about affirmative action, for example, then two people could both be stating idea (2) but one be less racist than the other strictly from context and emphasis and implication.

    So most schisms between feminists and non-feminists ends up with both sides stating things that are factually empirically true, but one side who believes that once they've established the truth content of a statement their job is done, versus another side who believes that the truth content of a statement is only half of a discussion - the other half comes from the emphasis you put upon the statement in that particular context.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FartacusFartacus __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2010
    Good god I cannot stop farting

    my cube is like a goddamn swamp right now

    gonna go cropdust the office so people don't start noticing how foul my cube is getting

    Fartacus on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    okay that very well may be the worst film ever created, and everyone who was involved with it should be sternly punished

    Arch on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Devil was not that good a movie. Not that I expected any different.

    Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Gim wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    You know that just has people do it, its like saying "Don't look up the wikipedia on 'a serbian film'" people always do and then complain about it.

    Oh God damnit.

    Give me the PG-13 version.

    Porn star is drugged and is forced to rape/get raped.

    Gim on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    One of the key notions in feminism, or in power politics in general, is to understand that two statements can both be strictly factually true, but be effectively misogynist in a specific context (even if the speaker doesn't mean it to be).

    Consider the following two statements.
    1) Black people are more likely to suffer from folliculitis (skin irritation from shaving) than white people.
    2) Black people score lower on IQ tests on average than white people.

    Both of these are factually true statements. And in a certain context, (2) may be racist, or it may not be. If we were discussing, for instance, socioeconomic factors that reduce availability of education to black people, or social bias in IQ tests, (2) is not necessarily racist. But if we were discussing genetic differences between black people and white people, and somebody mentioned (2) as evidence of genetic inferiority, then (2) is racist.

    Most of the time, though, it's something in between. Largely because individuals tend to be very bad at analyzing and understanding the sources of their own opinions. I'm not talking about critical thinking - this is different from critical thinking. This is more like introspection. Not "is this idea true," but "where did I first learn this idea, and why does it stick out in my memory, and why does it feel important?"

    So most schisms between feminists and non-feminists ends up with both sides stating things that are factually empirically true, but one side who believes that once they've established the truth content of a statement their job is done, versus another side who believes that the truth content of a statement is only half of a discussion - the other half comes from the emphasis you put upon the statement in that particular context.

    very well said

    Arch on
This discussion has been closed.