As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wordfeud for Android: Mansex not leathal enough? (now with Rematch!)

• Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    I hate when people do that shit, its so obvious too. Raj, quay (ok that was me, I thought it looked like it might be a word...and it was!), and other words I can't even remember because they probably weren't english. Maybe they are just trying to improve my vocabulary, too bad I don't look most of these words up.

Anyways I am Sylem if anyone wants to play.

I play quay all the time. in the navy we have quay walls!
    mts wrote: »
    lox is smoked salmon. military speak doesn't work since it is abbreviations which are not cool

Yeah if acroynms were allowed id win like all the fucking time =D

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Greg USN wrote: »
    I hate when people do that shit, its so obvious too. Raj, quay (ok that was me, I thought it looked like it might be a word...and it was!), and other words I can't even remember because they probably weren't english. Maybe they are just trying to improve my vocabulary, too bad I don't look most of these words up.

Anyways I am Sylem if anyone wants to play.

I play quay all the time. in the navy we have quay walls!
    mts wrote: »
    lox is smoked salmon. military speak doesn't work since it is abbreviations which are not cool

Yeah if acroynms were allowed id win like all the fucking time =D

For me it's concepts or items from other cultures. I was annoyed when I couldn't used "tachi" or other medieval era weapons from around the world. And apparently the dictionary used uses only some romanizations of Chinese words given that it wouldn't take "chi" but would take "qi."

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I remember someone played "qant" against me. The fuck is "qant"?

theSquid on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sorry I bailed out again on all those games, can't get wireless on my phone here (I'm annoyed android doesn't support ad-hoc).

Alegis on
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    theSquid wrote: »
    I remember someone played "qant" against me. The fuck is "qant"?

You sure it wasn't QAT? QAT is one of the all-important q words that don't require a u (along with QI, QAID, QADI, and QOPH). SUQ is an equally useful 3 letter q word since it begins with an s, making it much more playable.

Anyway, qant isn't legal with the current word list. Or the previous one. Not sure if there was some third list in use further back or not.

Ketar on
    edited September 2010
    I've had it played against me as well. Its a made up word for people who make things up!

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
    edited September 2010
    aaaaaaaand just like that i am at 5% battery life. Time to start bringing the old charger to work again it seems.

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
    edited September 2010
    aaaaaaaand just like that i am at 5% battery life. Time to start bringing the old charger to work again it seems.

This game destroys my battery. Had to start brining my charger to work every night.

Ketar on
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Is this game horrible for battery life? What makes it so bad?

Fizban140 on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I just got an epic 4g and I love me some scrabble, so I guess I'm down for this thing here. Do I set up a username or what?

Ah_Pook on
    edited September 2010
    Is this game horrible for battery life? What makes it so bad?

I'm on a G1, which has terrible battery life period. Using just about any application drains the battery quickly (as does wifi, or leaving GPS enabled, or...).

Ketar on
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    I just got an epic 4g and I love me some scrabble, so I guess I'm down for this thing here. Do I set up a username or what?

Yeah, you can sign up for an account in the app itself, then post here with your account name and you can start playing against people that don't use anagram generators to play their turns.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    POOK! Hit me up, invite Jaef to a game. That goes for every other human being here.

Do you accept my challenge fleshlings?

JAEF on
    edited September 2010
    So I started using a word generator...but not like that.

I will play my word and then look at the generator to see what I could have played for more points, its pretty interesting to see how bad I am compared to these robots.

Fizban140 on
  • Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm considering getting in on this action but want to check in on the typical pace of game that's expected. Sounds like many others here are like me and are in an office with a "job" they're playing around. I can get interrupted from time to time and may take some time between turns. Would that make me No Fun At All To Play With?

Drake Chambers on
    edited September 2010
    I doubt it most people will care, most people I play with takes hours for a turn.

Fizban140 on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    if theres pressure to get on with games then maybe im not going to be the best to play with. i doubt im gonna be checking this thing every couple minutes or whatever...

Ah_Pook on
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This game I'm playing with elin fucking sucks. I play "tee" because I have 3 I's and 2 E's, and I draw two more fucking E's to replace the two I just played! Then I swap 2 I's and an E out and get two of the I's back! Gah, fuck you! :x Though, against elin, I suppose it doesn't really matter :P.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2010
    Im getting vowel raped in several of my games right now. In one game i actually had aaeiou

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Bullio wrote: »
    This game I'm playing with elin fucking sucks. I play "tee" because I have 3 I's and 2 E's, and I draw two more fucking E's to replace the two I just played! Then I swap 2 I's and an E out and get two of the I's back! Gah, fuck you! :x Though, against elin, I suppose it doesn't really matter :P.

elin? good luck lol

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I doubt it most people will care, most people I play with takes hours for a turn.

Great, I can generally play much faster than that. PM sent to OP.

Thanks!

Drake Chambers on
  • colawarscolawars Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've added a few peeps from the op and have around 15 games going. If any of you want to add me, username is forum name.

My friend IRL is not on the boards, but he's good. Add him if you like a challenge: tennisnutzo

colawars on
    3DS: 1049-1266-2726
    edited September 2010
    Oh wow just noticed I am playing you...
    I played zein against you right? I kept trying z words until that one worked :P

I was about to post how aboslutley screwed I am in the letters I got and then what they were replaced with...

Fizban140 on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    if theres pressure to get on with games then maybe im not going to be the best to play with. i doubt im gonna be checking this thing every couple minutes or whatever...
    I've run several games where it takes several hours to a day between turns. It's not a problem since you're not limited to only one or two concurrent games. If one game is too slow you or they can always start another while waiting for a response.

JAEF on
    edited September 2010
    What is proper end game etiquette? Down 100 points with only OOOOOOO and 10 tiles, its okay to resign right?

Also the tiles I had earlier were

IIITTTO

I played gILT and recieved...OOI

Fizban140 on
    edited September 2010
    For those asking about speed/pace, it's normal for games to last for days, even over a week. For as much as I talk about taking my turns quickly, I don't expect my opponents to. And I do work, and have a wife who does occasionally demand undivided attention, so I take plenty of breaks between words as well :p

Ketar on
    edited September 2010
    colawars wrote: »
    I've added a few peeps from the op and have around 15 games going. If any of you want to add me, username is forum name.

My friend IRL is not on the boards, but he's good. Add him if you like a challenge: tennisnutzo

So your first word in this, my first game against a forumer, is worth 84 points.

I'm going to get schooled hard around here I think.

Drake Chambers on
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I beat colawars the first time around but I think he was just going easy on me. I feel like I've been raped right through my pants on our current game. There was a time when all I had was 3 Is, 2Es, a U and a Z and he plays HOSTAGE on two triple word spaces.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think I played Elin but don't remember the outcome.

theSquid on
    edited September 2010
    colawars wrote: »

So your first word in this, my first game against a forumer, is worth 84 points.

I'm going to get schooled hard around here I think.

That's because we're playing on a random board. If you'd rather play on a normal board, I'm fine with that. Random boards can give out whacked points, especially in the first few rounds. I'm a pretty mediocre player, really... Luck is in the letters given.

colawars on
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I beat colawars the first time around but I think he was just going easy on me. I feel like I've been raped right through my pants on our current game. There was a time when all I had was 3 Is, 2Es, a U and a Z and he plays HOSTAGE on two triple word spaces.

Once again, I think luck is the factor here. I'm not a great player by any means. I wasn't taking it easy on you at all, I just play what I can. I'm still learning the strategy behind this game, but if I happen to get (or see) a massive score play, I'll mention it in the (awesome) in-game chat.

Elindreada? Eee gads...that's one to watch out for. I can't wait to squish her like a little bug.

colawars on
    edited September 2010
    Ketar scored 106 on his second turn in our game.

D=

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    yeah I just played jane other then being a girls name what the hell does it mean?
    and yeah I sometimes play a lot of odd random words but I use the Gabe method of placing random tiles until they stick. but what else can you when your stuck with a hand full of vowels?
    I'm also a terrible speller I thought vowels was spelled with a u:?

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2010

D=

Heh, just be glad you're not the other guy. As in, the guy from the game where I played STRANDER for something like 68 points and then my next word was THINNERS on two triple word scores using that s from STRANDER for 148 points. My new Wordfeud high for a single word :)

Ketar on
    edited October 2010
    I thought 105 off a triple and a double was pretty good, I got a rage quit out of it...well like three turns later but it made me feel cool.

Fizban140 on
    edited October 2010

D=

Greg has the absolute worst luck against me. Either that, or I have the best luck against him. Probably some of both.

Third turn of the the rematch? INVADES with the v and d both doubled and the entire word doubled twice for 114 points.

Bonus tile spacing in this game remains absurd.

Ketar on
    edited October 2010
    i has a sad.

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Just picked this up. Anyone care to play, or more accurately, wipe the floor with my behind from across the world? Username is same as here: 'strebalicious'.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I finally got adhoc to work on my phone so I got internets again. You can accept my game invites knowing I probably won't auto-resign eventually.

Alegis on
    edited October 2010
    Just picked this up. Anyone care to play, or more accurately, wipe the floor with my behind from across the world? Username is same as here: 'strebalicious'.

you have been added to OP!

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg