As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Let's Play Revelations: Persona] This is over! Persona 2 in New Thread!

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Avidya World is so much worse, IMO.
    There is nothing in Avidya World as bad as this, for me. There's, maybe, one or two dead ends that take a while to get to. Not "constantly having to do the entire dungeon over if you take the wrong drop." Plus the enemies there are worthwhile and give good experience.

I'm going to post the strategy guide maps of that dungeon, too, when I get there, so I guess people can decide on their own.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    There is nothing in Avidya World as bad as this, for me. There's, maybe, one or two dead ends that take a while to get to. Not "constantly having to do the entire dungeon over if you take the wrong drop." Plus the enemies there are worthwhile and give good experience.
    I think he meant
    Pandora.

The Anonymous on
    edited August 2010
    I think he meant
    Pandora.
    Pandora's easy, too. Magic Wall, baby. :P

Even without that, she's only bad if you get unlucky with B.Storm

Classes start tomorrow, so I may end up too burned out from getting into the swing of 21 Credits + Part-Time Job + Tutoring to get an update out during the week, so hope for Wednesday, but know that Saturday/Sunday is a possibility, too.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited September 2010
    Working on the update now, but before I post it, a VERY IMPORTANT PSA, ONLY FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE PLAYED THE GAME BEFORE
    The forest is up next, no talking about what ending I got, please. Leave it as a surprise for those that haven't played.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited September 2010
    When we last left off, we had helped an annoying bitch get over herself and found out where Guido was even though it was ridiculously obvious by virtue of being the only other place on this half of town.

Let's get started!
    SLUS_00339_31072010_221032_0859.png

We open at the entrance of the Mana Castle, home of Guido and his creepy little girl. It's worth noting that the Castle in this world is located where the Hospital is in the real world.

MaryPortrait.png So this is your hideout! I won't let you escape!
    GirlInBlack.png Ha!! No one can come in except for that person in the forest. But that person doesn't have the guts to come in, so no one will bother us!

SLUS_00339_31072010_221047_0156.png

Maggie goes through the door that no one can open except the person in the forest, and shuts it behind her.

MaryPortrait.png Ah! Oh darn! We lost her again!
    MarkPortrait.png It won't budge! Hey, Nate! Is there a way to open this?
    NatePortrait.png That little girl! She stuck something into that stand. A crescent shaped key. Where can we get one?
    MainPortrait.pngJust a shot in the dark here, but maybe the person in the forest? You know, the one that Maggie said could open the door? God, am I the only one that actually listens?
    MaryPortrait.png Forest? ... There's a forest on the west side of town... It used to be a flower garden, but now it's called the "Lost Forest".
    MarkPortrait.png OK, let's go back. We have to find that person she was talking about.

SLUS_00339_31072010_221218_0421.png

MainPortrait.pngActually, yeah, that's a better idea. Let's just use our phenomenal cosmic powers to open the door.
    MarkPortrait.png Wait, Chris! It's not something you can just bust open. Damn, you get crazy when it's about Guido. I won't ask you why, but don't try to do it all by yourself.
    ChrisPortrait.png ...
    MaryPortrait.png Chris...Mark is right. We're all friends.
    ChrisPortrait.png ...I'm not a member of your little group. We're all friends!? Don't make me puke! Especially you, Mark. I get pissed just looking at you!

SLUS_00339_31072010_221251_0093.png

MaryPortrait.png Chris! That's enough! Stop being so racist!
    MarkPortrait.png It's cool, Mary. Whether he's pissed or not, we'll meet up with him again. We have a common purpose. Shall we go, John.

Based on that line, you'd be forgiven for thinking Chris stormed out or something. But nope, he's still with us. Still, Mark's acting strangely calm about all of this. Kind of odd, huh? Nate agrees, when we talk to him.

NatePortrait.png Mark doesn't talk back to Chris anymore. Hmm... There's definitely something between those two.

...Of course, it seems that Nate is also writing some sort of creepy Mark/Chris slash fanfic, so maybe we should stop talking to Nate and head to the forest. Of course, heading to the forst means heading all the way back through the subway first. Fortunately, the conveyor belt floors I mentioned last time make the return trip much easier than the first trip through.

SLUS_00339_31072010_222759_0312.png

Should trees be that color?

SLUS_00339_31072010_222835_0453.png

Trees definitely should not be that color.

Night Cry of the Forest

The music's kind of boring, too. Isn't there any redeeming feature to this place?

SLUS_00339_31072010_225305_0187.png

...That'll do.

SLUS_00339_31072010_225316_0000.png

Dammit, game. These traps reduce John's HP to one. TrapCure might prevent it, but there aren't any encounters in this room, and John is able to heal everyone to full so it doesn't really matter either way.

forest.png

The forest itself is fairly simple, especially compared to the previous dungeon. The trickiest part is the rotating floor toward the end. As the name suggests, this tile rotates you. All you have to do is enter it facing north and it will point you the correct way. The exclamation mark is our goal, and when we get there...

SLUS_00339_31072010_230451_0015.png

How very fairy-tale of them.

SLUS_00339_31072010_230600_0937.png

Inside is someone we should all be familiar with, though this is the first time we're seeing her in person. Hopefully she won't throw lighting at us this time...

SLUS_00339_31072010_230551_0937.png

MarkPortrait.png You! Aren't you the same ghost that appeared in the museum? Or, are you a friend of that ghost!?
    GirlInWhite.png ...Sob...sob...Boo hoo!
    MainPortrait.pngI know, Mark makes me want to cry sometimes, too. It's okay.
    MaryPortrait.png Don't cry...You're Mae, right?
    GirlInWhite.png Yes...
    MaryPortrait.png She has the Half Moon Compact! It looks just like mine!
    NatePortrait.png So that's the key...But who are these girls? First Maggie...now Mae...
    MaryPortrait.png Mae, you know Maggie, don't you? Is she your friend?
    GirlInWhite.png No! She isn't my friend! She's Mae, an evil Mae! Boo hoo!
    MaryPortrait.png What do you mean?
    GirlInWhite.png I was very lonely. One day, Guido showed up. And then, Evil Mae came out of me and went with Guido. She knows that Guido isn't her father, but...
    NatePortrait.png So a different person that came out from another. What's that compact?
    GirlInWhite.png This is my treasure...It grants any wish you want. I made this town with this.

SLUS_00339_31072010_230712_0093.png

MainPortrait.pngDun dun dun!
    MaryPortrait.png Really?! Is that possible?
    NatePortrait.png A little kid like this created this town?
    MaryPortrait.png Can you use that compact to capture Maggie and Guido? Or, send everybody back to their original world?
    GirlInWhite.png I can't! Maggie took the other half of the comapct. I know she's using the other half to do bad things. Please, I could get killed. That's why I'm hiding here.
    MarkPortrait.png But we can't see Guido without it. Can't we just borrow it for awhile?
    GirlInWhite.png I can't! This is what Guido wants you to do!
    MaryPortrait.png Mae...You shouldn't run.
    GirlInWhite.png Wh...Why not?

SLUS_00339_06082010_222601_0205.png

MainPortrait.pngYeah, but only until the demons clawing at the door break through and eat you.
    MaryPortrait.png John! Stop fooling around. Running away never solves the problem. That's why we fight.
    MainPortrait.pngIsn't that what I said? Just, you know, in that charmingly sarcastic way of mine.
    GirlInWhite.png Why?

SLUS_00339_06082010_222629_0080.png
    MainPortrait.pngMostly so I don't die, really.
    MarkPortrait.png Darn it! I have no time to sit here and chat. I have to go back to my world. I have to help someone! Please, let us use it. Maybe that person is already...
    GirlInWhite.png Already...dead?
    MarkPortrait.png Sh...Shut up! She's still alive! I know she is! But anyway...
    GirlInWhite.png Why do you live? Isn't living painful?
    MaryPortrait.png Why?
    MarkPortrait.png Umm...
    NatePortrait.pngChrisPortrait.png ...
    GirlInWhite.png Why?
    NatePortrait.png What an odd person. There's no real answer to a question like that.
    GirlInWhite.png That's cool. But I still can't let you use my compact. I'm sorry.
    MarkPortrait.png Please! Just let me borrow it! I'll use force if I have to! Give it to me!
    GirlInWhite.png Sob sob sob...No! Don't...

SLUS_00339_06082010_222732_0549.png
    SLUS_00339_06082010_222735_0987.png

You know what that means!

The original Teddie

SLUS_00339_06082010_223419_0237.png

GirlInWhite.png Sob...Sob...! Nobody's nice to me! Please be nice to me!

SLUS_00339_06082010_223425_0440.png

Before we can explain that trying to kill us with teddy bears isn't the way to win friends and influence people, Mae disappears.

MaryPortrait.png She's gone...I feel like we did something wrong.
    NatePortrait.png Mark...You scared her! She could have told us a lot and you made her run away!
    MarkPortrait.png I'm sorry! I didn't think she'd be like that!
    NatePortrait.png Huh??? I see something on the floor.

SLUS_00339_06082010_223448_0080.png

MaryPortrait.png Oh! It's Mae's compact!
    MarkPortrait.png So...She must've dropped it. I don't think it's cool, but let's just borrow it.
    MaryPortrait.png It grants any wish right? Should we ask to be warped to the castle?
    NatePortrait.png Yeah. Try it, Mark.
    MarkPortrait.png OK! The words went something like "Abra Kadabra"...
    MaryPortrait.png ....Nothing happened.
    NatePortrait.png Oh well, that would've been too easy. Maybe she's the only one who can use it.
    MarkPortrait.png Oh well...Let's walk there then.
    MaryPortrait.png John...She me the compact. Hmm, it's only half of one, but it's identical to mine. Mine, though, doesn't have a mirror.

And that's it for the forest. If you were perceptive, you noticed the second door in the gingerbread house. We'll get there soon enough, though. For now, it's back to the castle to go after Guido!

Next time.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I love it when this LP is updated. As always, thanks for your hard work Blackjack.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I take it there's a good reason
    Mae looks exactly like a younger version of Mary

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was over 1:40 into that video before I realized the Teddy Bear background.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited September 2010
    I love it when this LP is updated. As always, thanks for your hard work Blackjack.
    Thanks for reading it! I'm glad people are still checking it out even though the update schedule is basically "whenever I get a chance."
    Teriferin wrote: »
    I take it there's a good reason
    Mae looks exactly like a younger version of Mary
    All I'll say is this: After the forest, you technically have enough information to work out the entire plot. It'll be a couple more dungeons before everything is explained.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Dead!Dead! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Looks great so far! Thanks for showing us this game.

Dead! on
  • CerogravianCerogravian Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    I registered just to pop in with some encouraging nonsense! Please keep it up, and know that this is appreciated.

Cerogravian on
    edited September 2010
    Don't worry, this hasn't died! I am just super busy with school and also battling a bad cold so haven't had much free time to work on it. I may try to get an update out today or tomorrow actually, because I'm going to have a hectic weekend.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I may not be commenting too much, but I'm enjoying these updates whenever they happen.

I remember when Persona first came out, and I was curious but never picked it up because it sounded totally confusing. I mean, you can talk to the monsters? What the fuck is that about? Are there like entire dialog trees for each enemy in the game? Coming off Final Fantasy 7 that just seemed weird.

Of course now that the only console SMT games I haven't played are Persona 1 and 2 I'm curious to see what I missed.

Dartboy on
    edited September 2010
    It's been two weeks, so in case you've forgotten, last time we went to a forest, got attacked by a second little girl that claims to have created the entire world and then we stole her half of the compact so we can find Guido in his giant castle.

So, let's get started!
    Because we couldn't warp there, we had to go all the way back through the subway, without the aid of the shortcut, to get to the side of town with the castle.

SLUS_00339_31072010_235813_0812.png

MarkPortrait.png Yeah, John! Put "Half the Compact" in the stand.
    NatePortrait.png ...Hold on John!
    MaryPortrait.png Why, Nate?
    NatePortrait.png ...Oh, never mind. Go on.
    MarkPortrait.png Yo, wassup? You're acting damn weird these days.
    NatePortrait.png ...Don't worry about it.
    MarkPortrait.png Psh! Whatever...You ready John?

SLUS_00339_31072010_235911_0078.png
    SLUS_00339_31072010_235914_0078.png
    SLUS_00339_31072010_235915_0000.png

MainPortrait.pngYou are such an asshole, Guido.
    MarkPortrait.png Wh...what's going on?
    NatePortrait.png Guido...He must be laughing at us now.
    MaryPortrait.png What are you talking about?
    NatePortrait.png Guido wanted that compact, but he couldn't touch Mae. So instead he made idiots bring it to him, and we're the idiots.
    MarkPortrait.png What? You moron! If you knew something, you should've told us!
    NatePortrait.png But if we didn't fall for his trap, we wouldn't be able to confront him.
    MaryPortrait.png But why? All he had to do was to take the compact away. Why didn't he?
    NatePortrait.png I guess it's his way of challenging us. He's underestimating us.
    MarkPortrait.png That punk Guido! I'll go mess him up! Let's go John!

And into the castle we go.

Castle Mana

Maps:
    manacastlefloor1.png
    manacastlefloor2.png
    manacastlefloor3.png
    manacastlefloor4.png
    manacastlefloor5.png

As you can see, it's pretty twisty, though not really very difficult to navigate beyond that. The only real "dead end" is if you take stairway one or two on the first floor, because they just loop around to each other. Stairways three and four both lead to the next stairway up, which leads to either a treasure room or the end goal. The shaded areas are blackout zones where you can't see where you're going. All in all a pretty simple dungeon.

And as for the treasure rooms...

SLUS_00339_01082010_001847_0640.png
    SLUS_00339_01082010_001850_0984.png
    SLUS_00339_01082010_001906_0031.png

That is pretty accurate. We walk away from them with three items of any use, two items to fuse unique Personas, and a TECEssence to up someone's TEC. Everything else is either a trap or useless.

SLUS_00339_01082010_003741_0140.png

MainPortrait.pngWell there's gotta be something important behind a door like this!

SLUS_00339_01082010_003902_0546.png

MainPortrait.pngHey, look, I was right!

ChrisPortrait.png ...Guido! I'll kill you!
    GuidoPortrait.png Don't call your brother's name in vain. Even though your mom was cheap, you still share my blood. So watch your mouth...Or am I wasting my breath? You're sorry like your mom...

SLUS_00339_01082010_003923_0046.png

MainPortrait.pngDun dun dun!
    MarkPortrait.png Chris you're...his brother?
    MainPortrait.pngHahaha, wow. And Nate thought he was the one with the personal connection to all this!
    ChrisPortrait.png Shut up!!!! Don't ever talk about my mother like that!! I'll never forget the pain your father put my mother through! He threw her away! He used her and then threw her away like a piece of wet rag!
    GuidoPortrait.png You're wasting your breath with me. Go tell that to our father's grave.
    ChrisPortrait.png You piece of...!!
    GuidoPortrait.png Such a loud bark you have! Maggie, shut him up!
    GirlInBlack.png Okay, Daddy! Abra Kadabra!

SLUS_00339_01082010_003957_0015.png

ChrisPortrait.png ...D...Damn...
    MarkPortrait.png Chris!!

SLUS_00339_01082010_004008_0046.png

MarkPortrait.png You damn punk! I'll rip your face off!!!
    MaryPortrait.png Over there! Isn't that Mae's compact?
    GuidoPortrait.png Young minds are sometimes poisonous...They never stop and consider the consequences of their actions...
    MaryPortrait.png Maggie! He's not your father. Don't you know that? Give me the compact!
    GirlInBlack.png No! He's my dad!
    GuidoPortrait.png At last...The two pieces of the compact become one in my hands...I must thank you, boy.
    NatePortrait.png What are you going to do with it?
    GuidoPortrait.png Show them, Maggie!
    GirlInBlack.png Okay, Daddy! Abra Kadabra!

SLUS_00339_01082010_004052_0546.png

MaryPortrait.png What's this? A mirror?
    GuidoPortrait.png Behold the object of my desires and its awesome power!!

SLUS_00339_01082010_004113_0734.png
    SLUS_00339_01082010_004117_0140.png
    SLUS_00339_01082010_004121_0515.png
    SLUS_00339_01082010_004126_0890.png
    SLUS_00339_01082010_004133_0859.png

I didn't manage to grab video of this because I forgot it was going to happen, so didn't have it set up in time, but it's less than a minute long, so the screenshots tell the story pretty well, I think.

MarkPortrait.png What's that? That can't be our town...
    GuidoPortrait.png Yes it is, your town! And that will be my new castle Deva Yuga. Nice name, isn't it? It has a nice ring to it.
    ChrisPortrait.png You.....
    NatePortrait.png You mother...
    MainPortrait.pngWatch your mouth!
    NatePortrait.pngI'm just talking about Guido.
    MainPortrait.pngThen we can dig it.
    MaryPortrait.png ...That's horrible!!
    GuidoPortrait.png Hahaha! Now I have what I've longed for, the "Chaos Mirror!" Isn't it beautiful? The mirror is omnipotent!! I didn't need the Deva System. I have in my hand the power to traverse between dimensions.
    NatePortrait.png I get it. The compact and the machine were just pawns in your scheme. And then..?
    GuidoPortrait.png I've become a God!! And does a God do better than cast judgement on his followers?
    MaryPortrait.png Are you planning on annilhilating the human race?
    MarkPortrait.png We'll kill you first!
    NatePortrait.png We won't let you!
    GuidoPortrait.png Just shut up!

SLUS_00339_01082010_004247_0531.png

I love how John's just standing there with his hands on his hips, watching them be assaulted. Sometimes the game plays into my narrative perfectly.

MaryPortrait.png Mark! Nate!
    GuidoPortrait.png I'm going back to the original world now...If you wish to stop me, then try to follow. But, after you defeat him!

SLUS_00339_01082010_004301_0625.png

NatePortrait.png Damn...
    MarkPortrait.png You punk...
    GuidoPortrait.png Your wishes can't be granted that easily...But...When you finally overcome the obstacles, and hold it in your hands...What joy it will bring to receive this "Revelations"!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a title.

SLUS_00339_01082010_004325_0296.png

And with that, Guido vanishes along with Maggie back to the real world.

MaryPortrait.png Wait!
    MainPortrait.pngWait, you say...does he look like a waiter?
    :twisted: Well, it's show time! I'll make you dance...Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
    MainPortrait.pngDude, do we get to beat up Jack Nicholson? This is awesome!

I ask that of all my prey.

Although the video makes this fight look as easy as all the other ones, I actually got really lucky here. This boss has an attack that is fully capable of one-shotting Mary, thanks to her weakness to physical skills. Still, Strength Up, Guns, and Critical Hits once again win the day.

MarkPortrait.png Damn! We're wasting time. We have to hurry before it's too late...
    ChrisPortrait.png ...There has to be a way...He's the kind of guy who likes to play with his food before he eats it. I won't give up till I crush his skull with my own fist!
    NatePortrait.png Chris is right. There must be a way. We actually agree on something.
    ChrisPortrait.png ...I guess.
    MaryPortrait.png Maybe that place...The place that had rumors of people disappearing...
    MarkPortrait.png The Haunted House! I used to play there when I was a kid, and I got spanked for it, too.
    NatePortrait.png It might be possible they're in our world where Sebec quarters used to be.
    MarkPortrait.png Mary...Now is the real struggle to save our world...You shouldn't get yourself involved. Go home now.
    MaryPortrait.png No! I'm not going to just sit here and watch! I like this town! I like you guys! I like myself! I'm not going to just sit and watch you guys fight! I'm going to fight, too!
    MarkPortrait.png No, I'm not going to let it be like that. Everyone agrees, right? John, let's go to the Haunted House!
    MainPortrait.pngYou are saying so many words, and not a single one of them makes sense.
    MarkPortrait.pngWhatever, man! I'm just sayin'...Oh, hey, before we go... Are you alright, Chris?
    ChrisPortrait.png ...Watch your own back before you worry about others.
    MarkPortrait.png Psh! Chris punk you're nothing! I won't be going down before you.
    ChrisPortrait.png Ha...You're full of it, man...Don't forget it...
    MarkPortrait.png Of course not...
    MainPortrait.pngMan, Nate must be loving this. Stop being gay you guys. To the Haunted House!

Next time.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wow, I did not know that about Reiji and Kandori. O_o

Also.
    Well, it's show time! I'll make you dance...Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Best line in Revelations, bar none.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2010
    Really short update this time, but it's okay because the next one will be massive (by 'massive' I mean 'good god these assholes never shut up'). It may also come tomorrow, depending on how tired of studying accounting I get. Things to look forward to.

Anyway, last time we chased Guido to the top of his giant castle, found out Chris' terrible secret, fought The Joker, and decided to go explore a haunted house in order to chase Guido to the top of his even gianter castle. Let's get to it, shall we?
    Before we begin, a small Persona change is in order. If you recall, Chris was using Hel, an excellent defensive Persona, but not so heavy on the offense. Now, if you've been watching the boss videos, you know that his gun is getting him through those admirably; however, in normal fights he is lagging behind pretty severly, so let's see what we can do about that.

SLUS_00339_01082010_144441_0671.png
    AKA: Yatagarasu
    STR: 55
    VIT: 22
    TEC: 54
    AGL: 56
    LUK: 46
    OMP: 155
    DMP: 120
    No Effect against Wind
    Weak against Gun

Despite being immune to Wind, Crow doesn't actually learn any Wind spells. Both Beak and Dive Bomb are completely worthless physical skills, and Quake, Quake All, and Gishin All are Earth spells. Nuke More comes from an item added at fusion (fittingly enough, the Nuke Stone we got from deleting Chris' starter Persona). Despite that oddity, Crow is an excellent Persona. Aside from the low Vitality it has great stats. Its spells are good and its OMP is high enough to make good use of them to boot. Additionally, even though it's not listed as an immunity, Crow seems to be immune to most, if not all, forms of physical damage as well as Wind. While not a huge benefit since, as I've mentioned, physical attacks are generally weak and useless, it's always nice to watch enemies waste turns trying.

With that done, we can head to the Haunted House. It's also on the "dark" side of town, where the Sebec building is in the normal world. In fact, if you remember way back to the first couple updates (and even if you don't, I'm telling you now), there were rumors that the Sebec building was haunted because they built on top of the haunted house...

MAPS:
    HauntedHouse1001.png

The little running man is the start point

HauntedHouse2001.png
    HauntedHouse3001.png

In a way, it's fitting that this update is so short, because the Haunted House is basically a filler dungeon designed to bridge the gap between Guido's castle and Guido's other castle. As you can see, it's very short and mostly easy to get through, annoying blackout panels aside. Upon reaching the door on the third floor, things actually start to happen:

SLUS_00339_01082010_145732_0953.png
    SLUS_00339_01082010_150040_0828.png
    :whistle: Mary...

NatePortrait.png Did you hear somebody calling Mary's name? It sounded just like Mary's mom, Nancy.
    MainPortrait.pngDude! Don't say the M word you know it makes her flip her shit!
    MaryPortrait.png I told you that I didn't have any mother!
    :whistle: Mary..? Is that you, Mary? Come over here, Mary!
    MainPortrait.pngI think she's talking to Mary.
    NatePortrait.png I don't think it's locked...What're we gonna do, John? Could be a trap but...?
    MainPortrait.pngWe're going to go inside because we have no other choice because there's nowhere else to go, and we're going to hope to God it's not a trap because this place is basically made of stairs and frankly I'm just not in the mood.

SLUS_00339_01082010_150118_0828.png

MainPortrait.pngGoddammit.
    MarkPortrait.png Damn! This was just a trap! Let's do this, John!

SLUS_00339_01082010_150129_0312.png

NatePortrait.png This voice...It's Nancy's voice!

SLUS_00339_01082010_150139_0531.png

SLUS_00339_01082010_150144_0062.png

MarkPortrait.png...oh shit.
    NatePortrait.pngMary...
    ChrisPortrait.png...
    MainPortrait.pngJust...just go easy on it, okay? It didn't know.

SLUS_00339_01082010_150145_0031.png

ChrisPortrait.png John, you're just going to leave Mary that? We must defeat that monster!
    MarkPortrait.png But it sounds like Mary's you know who...Doesn't it!? I don't know why she looks like that...But what if it really is her you know!? John, don't fight it!

SLUS_00339_01082010_150207_0828.png

MainPortrait.pngAlright, look, I already told you, I am tired and I am not fighting shit. Everyone that wants to kick Mary's mom's ass is free to do so. You know how it works by now, Mary casts Red Fire, the rest of us shoot it in the face. You don't need me for that.
    MarkPortrait.pngYeah, but it's more fun when you cast Strength Up first...
    NatePortrait.pngYeah, I mean, if we're just going to do it the boring way, what's the point?
    ChrisPortrait.pngYeah, even I don't want to fight her anymore, and I have anger issues and poor impulse control. I also have a slight mother complex, so I wasn't really into it in the first place.
    MaryPortrait.pngGuys, while you were debating, I kicked this thing's ass because it kept saying I had a mother. Turns out it was weak to Fire and Guns so it was pretty easy. It turned into this really ugly lady that looks kind of like a chipmunk when I killed it. Do you think that was supposed to happen?

SLUS_00339_01082010_150221_0171.png

MainPortrait.pngHey, wait a minute! I know that really ugly lady that looks like a chipmunk! Quick, Nate, give her mouth to mouth!
    NatePortrait.png...I hate you so much, John.

SLUS_00339_01082010_150234_0453.png

MarkPortrait.png Nancy doesn't exist in this world...Right? She's probably our Mary's mom! But why is she here..? Are you OK, Nancy?
    MarysMotherPortrait.png Yes, I'm fine...I had a dream of when Mary was little...She got lost in the Haunted House, and I went in to look for her. I was wandering around alone in this big house when I heard Mary calling me...And then I woke up...
    MaryPortrait.png Nancy, the truth is...I'm not your child.
    MarysMotherPortrait.png ...What?
    NatePortrait.png OK...I'll explain everything...

Fade to black for exposition.

MarysMotherPortrait.png Is that so...You're the Mary of this world? ...But why is it that I don't exist in this world?

Before anyone can answer, the big blue/black ball of energy behind Nacy begins to flicker out of existence.

SLUS_00339_01082010_150326_0718.png

MarkPortrait.png Nancy, we've got to go get Guido! We don't have much time!
    MarysMotherPortrait.png Alright...Oh, wait a minute! This Portal is very unstable...Someone should stay behind to control the machine!
    MaryPortrait.png Someone has to stay behind? No! We can't do that!
    MarysMotherPortrait.png I'll do it! I'll keep the Portal stable. Don't worry about me...Just come back to get me when everything is settled, and I'll be happy!
    MainPortrait.pngActually, there's a good chance this entire world will disappear when we kill Guido.
    MarysMotherPortrait.png...Oh.
    MainPortrait.pngAre you sure about this? It's not too late to make Nate do it instead. I bet you'd have a good Persona. Probably Jeanette, or whatever the female Simon was called.
    MarysMotherPortrait.png...No. No, I'll do it.
    MaryPortrait.png Nancy...
    MarysMotherPortrait.png Yes..? We don't have much time!
    MaryPortrait.png I don't have a mother, but if I did, I wish she would be just like you! You're so kind and brave. After we get Guido, I'm sure we'll find your real daughter, Mary!
    MarysMotherPortrait.png .............. You're so sweet...Thank you. Be careful! And whatever you do, just don't overwork yourselves! Are you ready? Here we go...

SLUS_00339_01082010_150446_0765.png

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• DracoGriffinDracoGriffin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Stargate in that last pic!

This story is incredibly difficult to follow. The game's story, not you LPer.

DracoGriffin on
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This last update was really well done. I laughed... lots.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2010
    Last time...wait, what am I recapping for, it was yesterday, you better remember what happened last time. So let's just get to it!
    SLUS_00339_01082010_150446_0765.png

SLUS_00339_01082010_150501_0296.png

SLUS_00339_01082010_150511_0109.png

MainPortrait.pngUh...guys? This isn't really the time to take a break?
    MaryPortrait.png Ooh...I feel sick.
    MainPortrait.pngWhat? Why?

SLUS_00339_01082010_150521_0156.png

MainPortrait.pngNo, I'm not. I'm just used to it. We've done this, like, twelve times already why are you getting sick now?
    NatePortrait.png Cough! Wow, that was rough...But seeing that I have all my limbs intact, I consider myself lucky!
    ChrisPortrait.png Sheesh...what's wrong with you, Mark? You're pathetic.
    MarkPortrait.png ...Psh! Why don't you look in a mirror, Chris? You're damn purple! What're you a zombie?
    MainPortrait.pngHey, zombies are blue! Besides, his skin is white, so you know he's true.
    MarkPortrait.pngChrisPortrait.pngMaryPortrait.pngNatePortrait.png...
    MainPortrait.png...Man I miss Yuki.
    ChrisPortrait.png Sheesh...At least your sense of humor is still there. Alright, let's get down to business.
    MarkPortrait.png Can you stand up, Mary?
    MaryPortrait.png Mmm...
    MainPortrait.pngHurry up, Mary. The faster we find Guido, the faster we can kill him and I never have to talk to any of you guys ever again.

SLUS_00339_01082010_150609_0093.png

MainPortrait.pngI feel like I should be insulted by that.
    NatePortrait.png John...That scientist is over there.
    DoctorPortrait.png Ooh...My...head...
    MarkPortrait.png You're alive!
    MaryPortrait.png Something's wrong!
    DoctorPortrait.png Oooh...You stupid humans will die! Humans don't have a future! Destruction! Annihilation! Genocide! Judgement on the human race is upon us!
    MarkPortrait.png Hey, wassup!? Why are you talking like Guido!?

SLUS_00339_01082010_150652_0828.png

Never one to miss an entrance line like that, Guido appears behind us.

GuidoPortrait.png Everyone in this world is wishing for the total annihilation of humans!
    MaryPortrait.png Guido!?
    MarkPortrait.png You scum! What do you mean?
    NatePortrait.png You used that mirror to brainwash everyone in the world?
    GuidoPortrait.png Every human will act under one command...Don't you think it's wonderful? No ruler or dictator was able to do this, but I have succeeded! I have surpassed all humans! If I utter one word like, "Kill each other!"...Everyone will start killing each other! Such a fitting end for such stupid humans. Nothing else will be affected. Only the humans will vanish from the face of this planet.
    MainPortrait.pngOkay first, "Kill each other" is three words and also you are insane.
    MaryPortrait.png Why!? Why do you want to kill everyone?
    GuidoPortrait.png Ha ha ha...Doesn't sound like you...Uh...Mary...
    MaryPortrait.png Why do you know my name?
    MainPortrait.pngProbably because everyone we have ever met says it every five seconds.
    GuidoPortrait.png The power of the mirror affects everyone, and you are no exception. Can you come and get me?
    ChrisPortrait.png Pompous jerk...!! Let's go, John!

Into the dungeon, we go!

Deva Yuga

MAPS:
    DevaYuga1001.png
    DevaYuga2001.png
    DevaYuga3001.png

The Event Room here is currently locked to us.

DevaYuga4001.png
    DevaYuga5001.png
    DevaYuga6001.png

As you can clearly see, this place is enormous. Don't let that fool you, though. It's still pretty simple to get around. Most of the dead ends can be spotted on the mini-map before you reach them, and there aren't any stairs that lead you to a completely wrong area. The trickiest parts are the fifth and sixth floors. To get to the sixth floor, you need to flip a switch on the fifth floor (the 1 in a white circle on the map) which opens a passage. Then you have to flip another switch (the * in the white circle) to activate a trap door that dumps you back on floor 4 with stairs that will take you to floor six.

Once on floor six, there is a puzzle to solve. It was tricky to capture in screenshots, but these should do:

SLUS_00339_01082010_161250_0015.png

See the red lights on the ceiling? When you step onto the floor, it also lights up:

SLUS_00339_01082010_161253_0531.png

The goal is to get the floor to match the ceiling. Not every ceiling tile is lit, though, so this involves lots of "two steps forward, one step back" type movements and, like most things in this game, is more tedious than challenging. Success means you can go through the door and reach your goal of Guido.

SLUS_00339_01082010_171848_0593.png

ChrisPortrait.png ...I finally found you...You're not getting away again!
    GirlInBlack.png You guys again? I won't let you interfere with my dad!
    MainPortrait.pngGod, do we finally get to kick your ass? Bring it, little girl!
    GirlInBlack.pngAbra--
    GuidoPortrait.png ......Stop, Maggie...Step aside.
    GirlInBlack.png But Daddy...
    GuidoPortrait.png Wait in that room. I'll be right there...
    GirlInBlack.png ...OK, Daddy.

Guess we don't get to shoot a six year old girl in the head after all. :(

MaryPortrait.png Stop making us suffer! Make things the way they were!
    GuidoPortrait.png ...Don't worry. I won't do anymore damage...I don't care anymore.
    NatePortrait.png .....
    ChrisPortrait.png ...What's up with you? Do you want to beg for forgiveness!?
    GuidoPortrait.png ... Why do you kids live?
    MarkPortrait.png Say what?
    GuidoPortrait.png Humans aren't strong enough to live without a purpose...Everyone reaches for something even if it's the smallest thing. Humans can't live without passion. Therefore...When everything is fulfilled what should you seek? Realizing my dreams one after another and making them a reality...I have reached my every goal. What is left for me to do? An infinite melancholy abyss. Wouldn't it be better not to climb to the top? This way you can keep on dreaming...
    MainPortrait.pngDude, we don't have time to deal with your midlife crisis, here. Or, well, considering what we're here for I guess it's an endlife crisis, huh?
    GuidoPortrait.png I...I kept climbing to the top and destroyed this worthless world... I do not care anymore. I can do no more...The melancholy abyss embraces me...Is this what being God is all about? Young adults. I brought you all here to answer this one question: Why do you live?

SLUS_00339_01082010_172035_0390.png

MarkPortrait.png It's the excitement of living moment by moment! And having as much fun as you can! You're so dark and gloomy. Too bad! You should be more optimistic!
    ChrisPortrait.png .....I know why I live...It's to make sure you die! To rid myself of your filthy blood that runs through my veins. It's the only way to ensure my mother's happiness.
    GuidoPortrait.png Young man...I have not heard your answer. Why must you live?

SLUS_00339_01082010_172100_0515.png

MainPortrait.pngI don't know...I guess that's just the kind of thing you figure out as you live, not before you live.
    MaryPortrait.png You may be right! Why am I here..? I'll probably never know, but I believe in myself! And I will live my life without regrets!
    NatePortrait.png Guido...Just give up...It's sad to watch you pretend to be stronger than you really are! All you've done is use people. You're no God and you know it...You're in pain...You're so disappointed with yourself that you don't know how to live otherwise. Destruction of human beings is just like her. It's due to your fear of your own future. You want to change, but you can't! You want to hide...Did you think that putting fear on others would alleviate your own fears? Your own complex is hidden behind this mask you wear. You of all people know how messed up and ugly you really are.
    MainPortrait.png...Is it just me or was Nate just really fucking badass?
    GuidoPortrait.png ......Blasphemy against God! This will not be forgiven! I will send you to Hell!!
    MarkPortrait.png Psh! It's about time!
    GuidoPortrait.png Can you defeat me? Can you protect the things that are important to you?
    ChrisPortrait.png ...I'll protect my mother and the people here by killing you now!
    GuidoPortrait.png Then bring it on! To God's throne!

Gudio

SLUS_00339_01082010_202034_0843.png

GuidoPortrait.png Hmm...I lost...You're right, Nate...This is the only way I could live...Perhaps I wished for somebody like you to come along and wake me up...Strange...But I feel...happy...
    NatePortrait.png ...Where's the real Mary?
    GuidoPortrait.png So you know the secret of these two worlds...Impressive...
    MaryPortrait.png What is it, Nate?
    GuidoPortrait.png You and the world you were in are just the products of someone's imagination.

SLUS_00339_01082010_202316_0875.png

MainPortrait.pngDun dun du--wait, didn't we already know that? Didn't the little girl in the forest say that?
    MaryPortrait.png .....What is he talking about? What does he mean?
    NatePortrait.png I'm afraid you are the "ideal" Mary of the Mary we know...And the town you live in is the world inside the heart of Mary, right, Guido?
    GuidoPortrait.png That is right...Not only that, but Mae and Maggie are merely the shadows of Mary's own heart.
    MaryPortrait.png It can't...It can't be true!
    NatePortrait.png Mary...Mae...Maggie...It's a simple play of assimilating words.

As an aside, I don't know how you get Mary from combinig Mae and Maggie. It worked a lot better in Japan, where Mary was Maki and the two girls were Mai and Aki. Back to the drama.

NatePortrait.png Mary must have been imagining her own utopia in her heart. Modeled after the town she knew right before she was hospitalized...
    MarkPortrait.png How incredible...So the reason why there was no police stations and why the hospital turned into a castle was because...
    NatePortrait.png They weren't needed in Mary's utopia. Only her wants and needs existed in her world. Make sense? The disappearance of Selina and Bruce came from Mary's dark side. In the end, all she wanted was a real friend...
    GuidoPortrait.png About a month ago, the Deva System experiments were successful. However...Mary and the machine were linked long before that. Somehow her psychic waves and machine waves synchronized spiritually. It began to control different dimensions...It was beyond that of anyone's imagination...
    NatePortrait.png And you made contact with Mae who manages the utopia...
    GuidoPortrait.png Something like that. All Mary wanted was someone to always be with her...Especially when she needed someone...
    MaryPortrait.png That's a lie! You're making all of this up!
    GuidoPortrait.png Then...Go and meet your true self...She is in this castle.
    MaryPortrait.png I'm Mary! This....This is too much!

SLUS_00339_01082010_202541_0109.png

Mary runs out of the room to find her "true self."

ChrisPortrait.png Aren't you going after her? You're the only one that can save her.
    MainPortrait.pngHuh? I am?
    GuidoPortrait.png Mary...She needs to realize her own self...Otherwise, she will fall victim to the same trap I once did...Go after her...My mistake should not be repeated...

And thus ends Guido.

MarkPortrait.png John! We have to find Mary!
    MainPortrait.pngRight. To Mary!

To get to Mary, we have to return to the formerly locked room on the third floor. Fortunately, there is a shortcut in the form of a trapdoor on the fourth floor that drops us right in front of it, saving us having to go through most of the dungeon again. Take notes, Karma Palace.

MainPortrait.pngHey, guys. I've been thinking about what Guido said...
    NatePortrait.pngAbout Mary, and how she needs to face herself?
    MainPortrait.pngNo, forget about that stupid stuff for a minute. He said he was Super Gudio. If he was Super Guido, and I fired the shot that killed him...
    NatePortrait.pngDo not start calling yourself Super John.
    MainPortrait.pngYou can't tell Super John what to do.

When we finally find Mary, she's not alone.

SLUS_00339_01082010_202928_0328.png

There's three of them!

MaryPortrait.png No...That can't be!
    GirlInBlack.png Idiot!! Why did you kill my dad?! (Cry!) Do you even know what you just did!?
    MaryPortrait.png This can't be...This is me...? I'm the one that made everyone suffer...?

SLUS_00339_01082010_202950_0265.png

MainPortrait.pngAw crap, she's losing it.

GirlInBlack.png Now no one is going to save us! It's all over!
    ChrisPortrait.png Three Mary's...They're all part of...her?
    MarkPortrait.png Mary!
    MaryPortrait.png No...Don't come near me...Don't look at me!
    MarkPortrait.png Calm down, Mary. It's just a big mistake, right?
    MaryPortrait.png No no no! Don't lie! They're all me! I know! I'm responsible for putting you and the city through all this chaos...It's all my fault!
    ChrisPortrait.png ...Don't take it like that. You were just being used.
    MaryPortrait.png No no no...Please don't be nice to me...I know why this all happened...I was jealous of everyone...Walking around town in nice clothes, talking about guys, and laughing out loud...I was jealous of all these things...I was subconsciously wishing for the school and this whole city to disappear...
    MarkPortrait.png Mary...
    MaryPortrait.png I wanted to do something about it, but all I could do was cry and cry...I was so full of jealousy that I cursed everybody! And in my mind....I created my ideal town and a new me to comfort myself...Do you understand? I...I was the bad one...I don't deserve to live!
    GirlInBlack.png Yes, it's all over! Everything should go away! Everyone go away!!

SLUS_00339_07082010_162639_0596.png

MainPortrait.pngOh, good. Because this wasn't weird enough.
    GirlInBlack.png Sob...Y...you!
    GirlInWhite.png You're finished, too. Guido is no longer here. Abra Kadabra!
    GirlInBlack.png N...No! I don't want to!

SLUS_00339_07082010_162701_0643.png

GirlInWhite.png Now this town can go back to its peaceful self. Thank you everyone...
    MaryPortrait.png Are you still thinking about living in that town!?
    GirlInWhite.png Yes...If I don't, it'll be even worse than it is now. I want you to go back and sustain the ideal me.
    MaryPortrait.png No! I don't ever want to go back to that town!
    GirlInWhite.png Abra Kadabra!
    MaryPortrait.png No! John!

SLUS_00339_07082010_162730_0018.png

GirlInWhite.png So you like him now? That's all right...You can have as many of him as you want, no sweat. Bye bye, my hero...
    MarkPortrait.png Mary! Mary!!!

SLUS_00339_07082010_162751_0690.png

SLUS_00339_07082010_162801_0315.png
    SLUS_00339_07082010_162816_0955.png
    SLUS_00339_07082010_162821_0377.png

SLUS_00339_07082010_162830_0705.png
    SLUS_00339_07082010_162840_0940.png

And at the hospital, a single glowing butterfly lands on an empty bed...

SLUS_00339_07082010_162932_0987.png

And that's Persona 1. Hope you guys enjoyed it! I'll be back after a short break with Persona 2: Inno--

MainPortrait.pngJuuuuust kidding! Super John's not gonna let it end like that!

That was the bad ending. Mary is trapped in limbo, supporting an ideal world ruled by a creepy little girl either forever or the rest of her natural life, depending on how the machine works. The real world goes back to normal and everyone forgets all about the weird happenings.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• KiplingKipling Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fantastic. Now do the dungeons again from the forest!

That boss battle has so many random things. Killing you slowly, the "Super" comment. Does anyone know what thematic reasoning is behind a demon looking persona taking over a body and turning into a golden head with hands?

Kipling on
    3DS Friends: 1693-1781-7023
    edited September 2010
    Kipling wrote: »

That boss battle has so many random things. Killing you slowly, the "Super" comment. Does anyone know what thematic reasoning is behind a demon looking persona taking over a body and turning into a golden head with hands?
    The Persona turned Guido into the God-like being he wanted to be.
    We'll be seeing that Persona again, too...Much, much later.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I really hope you kept a quick access save.

And like usual, the bad ending still makes you think.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2010
    Haha, don't worry guys. I actually did the bad ending second. No way was I grinding all these new Personas to 8 just to have to do it all over again for the good ending.
    Everything you saw (including the battle with Guido!) was all from my Good Ending playthrough because literally the only differences are the scene in the forest and the very end of the most recent update, from Mae showing up forward.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited September 2010
    Haha, don't worry guys. I actually did the bad ending second. No way was I grinding all these new Personas to 8 just to have to do it all over again for the good ending.
    Everything you saw (including the battle with Guido!) was all from my Good Ending playthrough because literally the only differences are the scene in the forest and the very end of the most recent update, from Mae showing up forward.

I was wondering how you were going to do that.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
    edited September 2010
    Teriferin wrote: »

I was wondering how you were going to do that.
    I actually have had everything screencapped for a long while. The only thing I have left to do is grind Mark, Mary, and Nate to 99 and take out
    Pandora

with the uber personas.

Also, can I just say for the people that have played this through, I just organized my screengrabs and I cannot fucking wait to write
    John talking with himself in the cave behind the shrine. God, I could do an update out of that scene alone. :lol:

Next update may actually be tomorrow. Want to get this over with because the semester is going into full swing this week and I don't know when I'll have a chance again.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited September 2010
    So how is the Persona 2 stuff going to work? IS then EP? Because I want in on that somehow.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2010
    Well, I'm certainly not going to do EP first. :P

Yeah, IS then EP. I'm planning on being a bit more serious with them, and taking less liberties with the characters. Mostly because the characters are all actually well written and developed, so I won't have to take as many liberties with them to make it interesting.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited September 2010
    Well, maybe we'll split the branching paths.
    You can pair Tatsuya with Jun, I'll pair him with Maya. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2010
    Well, maybe we'll split the branching paths.
    You can pair Tatsuya with Jun, I'll pair him with Maya. :P
    Persona 2 stuff:
    It's more than possible for me to show both, since all that happens is a new contact. :P

There's a rather more severe branching path in Eternal Punishment (even if I will be doing both to show off the bonus dungeon)...

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited September 2010
    Well, in all seriousness(P2 spoilers)
    I could do the alternate path in IS(I recall one around the time when Yuki's boyfriend dies?) and in EP with Ellen, and save you some time, just to help out.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2010
    Don't worry, cj. You can help if you want.

Besides, that is so far away that I don't even know why you're thinking about it now. :lol:

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited September 2010
    Last time, we beat the game! This time, we undo that and try to not fuck everything up!
    MainPortrait.pngWell, this is basically bullshit. We saved at least one and a half worlds and got absolutely no thanks for it. This needs to change.
    MarkPortrait.pngWhat do you mean? What can we do about it?
    MainPortrait.pngYou losers? Nothing. Super John? Super John will do everything. Just like normal John always did. Let's go.
    NatePortrait.pngGo? Go where?
    MainPortrait.pngTo the past!

SLUS_00339_31072010_230451_0015.png

MainPortrait.pngAlright. Here we are. Of course, I'm not really sure how this works because I'm not actually Super John yet so I shouldn't know what you did wrong and how to fix it so really everything should happen the same way...
    MaryPortrait.pngMarkPortrait.pngNatePortrait.pngChrisPortrait.pngWhat?
    MainPortrait.png...Nothing. Let's go make causality our bitch.

SLUS_00339_31072010_230551_0937.png

MarkPortrait.png You! Aren't you the same ghost that appeared in the museum? Or, are you a friend of that ghost!?
    GirlInWhite.png ...Sob...sob...Boo hoo!
    MainPortrait.pngYeah, can we maybe hurry this up...?

SLUS_00339_31072010_230750_0812.png

MainPortrait.pngNo. God, not only are there demons beating at the door even as we speak, running from Guido isn't going to solve anything.
    MaryPortrait.png John is right. Nothing will change if you keep running. You must stay and fight!
    GirlInWhite.png Why?

SLUS_00339_31072010_230802_0187.png

MainPortrait.pngI fight for everyone.
    NatePortrait.pngI never expected you to say something like that, John.
    MainPortrait.pngThese guys are so weak that if I wasn't here to fight for them, they'd never make it.
    NatePortrait.png...That's more like it.
    MarkPortrait.png Darn it! I have no time to sit here and chat. I have to go back to my world. I have to help someone! Please, let us use your compact. Maybe that person is already...
    GirlInWhite.png Already...dead?
    MarkPortrait.png Sh...Shut up! She's still alive! I know she is! But anyway...
    GirlInWhite.png Why do you live? Isn't living painful?
    MaryPortrait.png Why?
    MarkPortrait.png Umm...
    NatePortrait.pngChrisPortrait.png ...
    GirlInWhite.png Why?

SLUS_00339_31072010_230944_0765.png

MainPortrait.pngNo one knows why they live. The point is finding the answer, even if it's hard sometimes.
    MarkPortrait.pngWow, that was pretty deep, man!
    MainPortrait.pngYeah, well, I'm not an Emperor Arcana for nothing, you know.
    NatePortrait.png John, it's just like he said, "Life isn't all bad."
    GirlInWhite.png Okay...I'll only let you guys use my compact.

SLUS_00339_31072010_230959_0062.png

MainPortrait.pngThanks, Mae. Hey, promise not to fuck us over if Mary happens to go batshit later?
    GirlInWhite.pngSure.
    MarkPortrait.png Great! Thank you, Mae! Can you ask this compact to take us to Guido?
    GirlInWhite.png I can't! Only I can use it. And the castle is Maggie's home so my wish won't work.
    MarkPortrait.png Damn! I thought we were finally getting somewhere. Oh well...Let's go back to the castle.
    GirlInWhite.png Don't ever let Guido steal this compact from you!

SLUS_00339_31072010_231106_0687.png

MainPortrait.pngSmart enough to know how to button a shirt at least. Anyway, FAST FORWARD!

SLUS_00339_01082010_202928_0328.png

There's three of them!

MaryPortrait.png No...That can't be!
    GirlInBlack.png Idiot!! Why did you kill my dad?! (Cry!) Do you even know what you just did!?
    MaryPortrait.png This can't be...This is me...? I'm the one that made everyone suffer...?

SLUS_00339_01082010_202950_0265.png

MainPortrait.pngAw crap, she's losing it. ... Again.

GirlInBlack.png Now no one is going to save us! It's all over!
    ChrisPortrait.png Three Mary's...They're all part of...her?
    MarkPortrait.png Mary!
    MaryPortrait.png No...Don't come near me...Don't look at me!
    MarkPortrait.png Calm down, Mary. It's just a big mistake, right?
    MaryPortrait.png No no no! Don't lie! They're all me! I know! I'm responsible for putting you and the city through all this chaos...It's all my fault!
    ChrisPortrait.png ...Don't take it like that. You were just being used.
    MaryPortrait.png No no no...Please don't be nice to me...I know why this all happened...I was jealous of everyone...Walking around town in nice clothes, talking about guys, and laughing out loud...I was jealous of all these things...I was subconsciously wishing for the school and this whole city to disappear...
    MarkPortrait.png Mary...
    MaryPortrait.png I wanted to do something about it, but all I could do was cry and cry...I was so full of jealousy that I cursed everybody! And in my mind....I created my ideal town and a new me to comfort myself...Do you understand? I...I was the bad one...I don't deserve to live!
    GirlInBlack.png Yes, it's all over! Everything should go away! Everyone go away!!

This time, Mae doesn't show up, and Maggie vanishes all on her own. I'm sure that's okay. She's only an insane, genocidal, near omnipotent force of evil. What can go wrong?

MarkPortrait.png Mary! Come this way! Okay?
    MaryPortrait.png I...I can't be among you...

She runs to Guido's magic mirror

MaryPortrait.png Please return me to my soul!
    MarkPortrait.png Mary!! ...S...Stupid!! Why...why!? John! Let's return to Mary's soul!
    NatePortrait.png Wait Mark...You know about the idiotic woman named Pandora?
    MarkPortrait.png What's up?
    NatePortrait.png The woman in the myths that opened up a box that contained evil...And when she opened up this box, the evil in it spread throughout the world...Mary is just like Pandora...She wished for the destruction of the town...Rather than help a self-destructive girl, we should destroy the Deva System first.
    MarkPortrait.png You selfish...! You think you're a friend!? What the heck happens if you destroy that machine? What would happen to Mary!?
    NatePortrait.png As far as I see...Her life is sustained by that machine...If we destroy that machine, Mary would probably die, too. But as long as that machine exists, nothing will ever be the same. Put your personal feelings aside...There are other lives at stake here...
    MarkPortrait.png I'll kill you!

SLUS_00339_01082010_203342_0953.png

MarkPortrait.png You disgust me...I never thought you'd be this messed up...Maybe you do have a point...Which is probably the reason behind all our wars...But even if Mary is the one who caused us this suffering...She's the one who tried to save us and the entire city, too...I believe in Mary! She needs to be separated from that machine, but to do that, she will need our help.
    ChrisPortrait.png ...I'm going, too...If that girl in white was Mary, then I owe her one.
    NatePortrait.png Hmm...Trusting your soul...Alfred told me that he trusts my soul, too. Mark, you're right! We can argue as much as we want and prove our points...But the important thing is to listen to your soul...I'll go too!
    MarkPortrait.png Psh...Making me think up a long speech...You should've just said that from the beginning. I thought that smart adults are to stay behind?
    NatePortrait.png Sorry, I'm only 17! The law doesn't deem me an adult yet.
    MarkPortrait.png Hahaha...Does your mouth ever stop running?
    NatePortrait.png John, good things don't last...Let's return to Mary's soul via Deva System!

SLUS_00339_01082010_203448_0156.png

ChrisPortrait.png Look at the mirror! There's something in there!

SLUS_00339_01082010_203509_0406.png
    SLUS_00339_01082010_203513_0484.png
    SLUS_00339_01082010_203521_0031.png

MainPortrait.png...That's really gonna mess up our plan.
    MarkPortrait.png H...Hey! It's gone! What're we gonna do now!? We can't go back!
    NatePortrait.png ...Something must have happened in Mary's town. Now that Guido's gone, she's the only one capable of doing this.
    ChrisPortrait.png ...What about Guido's mirror? Command it to take us back!
    MarkPortrait.png Oh, yeah!

SLUS_00339_01082010_203604_0156.png

MainPortrait.png...So maybe we should stop saying our plans loud enough for Mary to hear them, since she has complete control over everything in that world and wants to keep us out and everything.
    ChrisPortrait.png...Right.
    MarkPortrait.png What the..!? What's going on!?
    NatePortrait.png ...Mary must be refusing us...
    MarkPortrait.png Oh, damn...What should we do..? ...Huh?

SLUS_00339_01082010_203615_0343.png

Just as things look completely hopeless, something starts to glow at Mark's feet.

MarkPortrait.png What..? Oh, Mary must have left it. This won't do anything.
    NatePortrait.png What is it, Mark?
    MarkPortrait.png Mary's compact...
    NatePortrait.png There's no mirror...

SLUS_00339_01082010_203657_0953.png

Chris notices something about the real Mary

(no I will never get tired of that joke)

ChrisPortrait.png Hey! This Mary has a compact, too!
    NatePortrait.png Let me see...There's a real Mary's compact and an ideal Mary's compact...The real Mary's compact has a mirror in it.
    MarkPortrait.png Hey, Nate! Lemme check it out real quick! Mirror! Send us back to the inside of Mary's mind!

Shockingly, this doesn't work.

NatePortrait.png I suppose the real compact wouldn't have any special powers...But maybe if the ideal Mary's compact was perfect...It might have been possible...
    MarkPortrait.png Mary, everyone's waiting for you...You don't have to suffer alone. Call us...Please...I'll go anywhere you want me to go...
    NatePortrait.png The ideal Mary is the result of her wish to change herself. However, that ideal soul denied her existence...Mary...Did you really lose all hope? If you even have an ounce of hope left, call us...
    ChrisPortrait.png Mary! Don't be running away! Running is the easy way out. My mother was Guido's father's mistress. She was tossed aside like a used dirty rag! She knew she would be thrown out if she decided to give birth to me. Do you understand why? She said she couldn't abort the life of her own child. You have a mother, right? There is no parent that doesn't love their children. So get up!
    MainPortrait.png...dude.
    ChrisPortrait.pngWhat?
    MainPortrait.pngWay to make this all about your mother, Oedipus. Anyway, those corny speeches worked. I see something glowing over there.

SLUS_00339_01082010_203916_0531.png

NatePortrait.png What's that John? Is that a piece of Guido's mirror!? The size...The shape...It's a perfect fit for ideal Mary's compact!
    MarkPortrait.png Oh, serious!? It might be able to take us back then! Give it to me, John! Heck yeah! It fits perfectly! What the...

SLUS_00339_01082010_204003_0515.png
    SLUS_00339_01082010_204005_0734.png
    SLUS_00339_01082010_204008_0437.png
    SLUS_00339_01082010_204015_0687.png

MainPortrait.pngDon't get sick this time, losers.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited September 2010
    Asshole John is the best John.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Super John is the best John. He needs some shades though.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • DracoGriffinDracoGriffin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm not a Super Asshole guys, jeez.

DracoGriffin on
    edited September 2010
    So, we're closing in on the end here, guys. Only three or four more updates.

So, I have a request: can anyone rip the portraits from Innocent Sin like Anonymous kindly did for this LP so we can have nice ones?

Also, would anyone be opposed to me powering through to the end here with frequent updates?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited September 2010
    I can, as I own a copy.

Also, whatever you like.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • MarsDragonMarsDragon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kipling wrote: »

The Persona turned Guido into the God-like being he wanted to be.
    We'll be seeing that Persona again, too...Much, much later.

To expand on this a little, in Persona 1 Personas were much more...independent of their hosts. They were part of their hosts, but in the cases of exceptionally strong-willed Personas take over. As we saw Massacre do here. It's more relevant in the Snow Queen quest, where we see Guido isn't alone in getting taken over, but by Persona 2 the concept is retconned a bit and with a couple of exceptions is pretty much gone by 3 and 4.

Also I'm coming in late, but I'd like to thank Blackjack for doing this, as I never got around to playing Persona 1 myself. It's been fun seeing where the series came from, and I'm looking forward to Persona 2.

MarsDragon on
    edited September 2010
    Oh wait, you want them to be on black backgrounds?

I can get ones like this, if not:

persona2-tatsuya1.png

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2010
    Oh wait, you want them to be on black backgrounds?
    Yeah, I meant ones like The Anonymous got for me. I don't know how to dump images like that. But it's cool, I found them through some lucky googling. If it's not all of them, it's certainly more than enough for the LP at the very least. Thanks, though. :)

Also, update either tonight or some time this weekend.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png