As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assistant Attorney General of Michigan Identifies Greatest Threat To America

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Doc wrote: »
    Gaydar is going crazy on this guy.

I am detecting huge amounts of blackrom.

Couscous on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Also, any sane person would immediately pull down the blog, remain silent, and wait for this to blow over instead of going on Anderson Cooper to talk about it.

I suspect that this guy actually has a mental disability or illness.

Doc on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also, any sane person would immediately pull down the blog, remain silent, and wait for this to blow over instead of going on Anderson Cooper to talk about it.

I suspect that this guy actually has a mental disability or illness.

Suppressing one's sexual orientation for decades will do harmful things to a person's mind.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is it odd he goes on Anderson Cooper's show to talk about those evil gays?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    One not openly gay person feeling comfortable around another?

Doesn't seem all that odd.

Unless you mean "why didn't he go to FOX", which I have to assume involves Hannity's tendency to fly into a murderous rage when he smells gay on the air.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    nescientistnescientist Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh man that interview. Anderson Cooper basically just browbeats that sorry motherfucker and he doesn't sound like he's doing any browbeating - he sounds like the voice of reason. Which he is, particularly by contrast with the other guy. Holy crap.

nescientist on
  • Options
    LucidLucid Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    He probably doesn't know Anderson is gay. Most news people don't make it public. A shame, really.

Lucid on
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Anderson Cooper is doing a great service by reminding us that crazies are out there and sometimes they're in charge of shit. Christ, what an asshole.

How is he NOT fired yet? The "this is as a private citizen" argument is the THINNEST of rationalizations.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How is he NOT fired yet? The "this is as a private citizen" argument is the THINNEST of rationalizations.

Look, our Chief of Staff may spend his weekends at Klan meetings, but hey, that's his time! It's not like he wears the hood in the office!

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »

Look, our Chief of Staff may spend his weekends at Klan meetings, but hey, that's his time! It's not like he wears the hood in the office!
    "Mr. Shirvell's personal opinions are his and his alone and do not reflect the views of the Michigan Department of Attorney General," Cox said in the written statement provided by his office to CNN's "AC 360" Tuesday night. "But his immaturity and lack of judgment outside the office are clear."

Is a pretty goddamn clear rebuke, rhetorical question, but how is he NOT getting the hint?

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    While Cox is publicly distancing himself, at least somewhat, I wouldn't be too surprised if he didn't really care all that much.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    With a name like that, I'd be distancing myself too, if you know what I mean.

I'll show myself out.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How long till this guy has a tearful coming out press conference?

Same goes for that "muscular Christianity" preacher.

I realize this is the result of bias, but this seems to be the case for every one of these homophobes.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    nstfnstf __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Some day, in the not too near future, the one gay to end it all will come. He'll be a black, Muslim, fired in with an evangelical seeker install into his pecker straight from Iran. When he hit's there will be an explosion to end them all. Super-AIDS infested semen will soak the entire state of Texas, killing them all instantly. His cheap perfume will infect the entire nation and it will explode into an orgy of sodomy, killing the birth rate and dooming us to a fate where we can no longer steal money from the young to pay for social security. And as we slowly die off, god will send a hurricane to wipe out the gulf coast, California will sink into the damn ocean, and the super volcano will erupt destroying this once proud nation in a geyser of red hot god cum.

But one man will stand strong, and say "oh Lord, I told them, but they did not listen, please take mercy on their souls Lord, for it is not their fault that I could not proclaim my message over the noise caused by the internets and Paris Hilton".

And then who will feel stupid, not him! For gays are indeed, a WMD to end all WMD's.

nstf on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    While Cox is publicly distancing himself, at least somewhat, I wouldn't be too surprised if he didn't really care all that much.

I'd be shocked if he did care. Cox is a total jackass. So glad Snyder won the nomination in a year when the Republicans are almost guaranteed to take the Governor's Mansion here.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    what the fuck nstf

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

What better way to hide something than put it on CNN?

I'll be here all week!

But between this and O'Keefe, CNN has gotten a bit of crazy to deal with this week.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »

Well, if he cared about what gays thought, Cox would be all over this asshole. :winky:

Edith_Bagot-Dix on

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
  • Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, what a psycho. His blog is actually pretty frightening.

SarcasmoBlaster on
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This guy is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the closet. We can all agree on that one, right?

Brian888 on
  • Options
    Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Brian888 wrote: »
    This guy is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the closet. We can all agree on that one, right?

He's so deep in the closet, he should be wearing Christmas decorations.

Edith_Bagot-Dix on

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    With a name like that, I'd be distancing myself too, if you know what I mean.
    Zython wrote: »
    What better way to hide something than put it on CNN?

*slow clap*

But seriously, between this and pretty much anything Christine O'Donnell related, it really is getting kind of hard to distinguish between The Onion and reality.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Grown Man in Position of Power Goes Apeshit Over Existence of College Gay

In terms of this guy's epic public ejection from the closet, this is one hell of a prologue.

:^: :^:

I agree and LOLed

Deebaser on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This blog is so fucking creepy

I mean this is a huge fucking lawsuit waiting to happen.

Arch on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

He's so deep in the closet, he's having adventures in Narnia.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Deebaser wrote: »

:lol::lol::lol:

Brian888 on
  • Options
    nstfnstf __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010

Which is funny, because Aslan was gay http://www.holyobserver.com/detail.php?isu=v03i03&art=aslan :winky:

main_aslan.jpg

nstf on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Lucid wrote: »
    He probably doesn't know Anderson is gay. Most news people don't make it public. A shame, really.

It really isn't anyone else's business. He's never denied being gay, he would prefer it if people would stay out of his personal life. In my opinion it isn't the job of news people to out public figures.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There is something just horribly wrong about that guy. Throughout the entire interview, I ended up staring with this detached horror I usually have during mildly effective horror movies.

I mean, there's just some quality so pervasive to the man overall that is just utterly Not Right that it's almost shocking he managed to land such a position of authority or influence. By now I shouldn't be shocked by anything in this new Onion-like reality.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    nstf wrote: »

Which is funny, because Aslan was gay http://www.holyobserver.com/detail.php?isu=v03i03&art=aslan :winky:

main_aslan.jpg

Did... did JK Rowling just reference the "Chronic"les of Narnia sketch from SNL with that Mr. Pibb and Red Vines comment? Because that's actually kind of awesome.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Awesome. I think "having tea with Mr. Tumnus" just became my favorite euphimism for self-denying closest cases like this guy.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    TalkcTalkc Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    JihadJesus wrote: »

Awesome. I think "having tea with Mr. Tumnus" just became my favorite euphimism for self-denying closest cases like this guy.

I always liked saying "He smells like moth balls".

But i dont know if anyone even uses those anymore. So it may be out of date. 23 skidoo etc...

Talkc on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    This blog is so fucking creepy

I mean this is a huge fucking lawsuit waiting to happen.

AHA! So this guy is secretly the student council president's secret boyfriend. The student council president will sue the state and they'll split the settlement money and move to Tahiti together!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    TalkcTalkc Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know... when i think gay.. i think ...Nazi....

Cause you know. So many of those Nazi's just LOVED gays.

God this guy is an asshole. A real whackamajob. What a maroon.

Talkc on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Talkc wrote: »
    You know... when i think gay.. i think ...Nazi....

Cause you know. So many of those Nazi's just LOVED gays.

God this guy is an asshole. A real whackamajob. What a maroon.

There was a guy on the Daily Show not too long ago who claimed that the Nazis were hard on gays because they were so torn-up about their own gayness.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There was a guy on the Daily Show not too long ago who claimed that the Nazis were hard on gays because they were so torn-up about their own gayness.

I think I remember this interview. It was a corrospondant piece, wasn't it? And they declared that all of Hitler's bodyguards were gay, or something?

It was a seriously weird bit.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Actually, the fact that he's a private citizen doing this on his own time is a very powerful reason not to fire him. The first amendment prohibits the government from viewpoint discrimination in hiring practices--they can't hire or fire you based on your unpopular opinions. I would actually be extremely surprised if it were legal to fire a Klansman based off his private advocacy of the KKK.

If he were to be fired for this it would have to have something to do with the stalker angle. Having a batshit crazy and hysterically anti-gay blog isn't enough on its own.

MrMister on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MrMister wrote: »

Actually, the fact that he's a private citizen doing this on his own time is a very powerful reason not to fire him. The first amendment prohibits the government from viewpoint discrimination in hiring practices--they can't hire or fire you based on your unpopular opinions. I would actually be extremely surprised if it were legal to fire a Klansman based off his private advocacy of the KKK.

If he were to be fired for this it would have to have something to do with the stalker angle. Having a batshit crazy and hysterically anti-gay blog isn't enough on its own.

Yeah this goes beyond free speech. He's a government official stalking a private citizen because of a personal vendetta.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well yeah, but you can almost ALWAYS find a reason to fire someone. Don't like the gay dude? Stick him on graveyard for 6 months straight and only order decaff coffee, then fire his ass for cause after he's caught falling asleep on the job. And so forth. Hell, I'd bet a quick check of his browser history on the work desktop would show that blog, and then he's history.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    Well yeah, but you can almost ALWAYS find a reason to fire someone. Don't like the gay dude? Stick him on graveyard for 6 months straight and only order decaff coffee, then fire his ass for cause after he's caught falling asleep on the job. And so forth. Hell, I'd bet a quick check of his browser history on the work desktop would show that blog, and then he's history.

... are you advocating workarounds that let the government ignore first amendment protections?

MrMister on