As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My taste is gone D:

MelinoeMelinoe Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Yesterday I went to the dentist for a cleaning, and since my gums are inflamed/sensitive she gave me some weird local anaesthetic to numb my mouth (some stuff she mixed with water and had me swish around for two minutes, like mouthwash). It worked fantastically while I was there, but after the numbness had worn off I still couldn't taste anything. It's gotten a little bit better today, but the front part of my tongue is still unable to taste anything. If it's not fixed within the next couple of days I'm going to go back down there and talk to them about it. I'm not super concerned, since it's already better than it was yesterday, but I am still curious as to if this is normal and if it's happened to anyone else.

Melinoe on

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's normal.

Esh on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    It wasn't from a dentist, but I have lost my sense of taste before. It came back after a few days.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    It's fine. Sometimes the stuff can take a while to get out of your system completely.

You have the right idea though; if it's not back in a few days, call your dentist. In the mean time, be careful how you chew. The fact that you don't have your taste back completely yet may mean you've got some lingering numbness, and you don't want to chomp some part of you between your teeth because you think you can feel it but can't.

Because believe me, when that feeling comes back, you WILL.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn