As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beanbags / ds lounge

GrooGroo Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in PAX Archive
So I really liked the beanbags in the ds lounge. I searched the forums and it appears they are Sumo brand. Anyone know which model was used?

Also if anyone has tried the other models I'd like some feedback. I've yet to find a good beanbag that I like and I thought the ones at PAX were pretty decent.

Groo on

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    After PAX East, my boyfriend bought the Omni beanbag, which I believe is what was used at the expo

I haven't tried the other models but I'm sure they're just as comfortable

Rayze on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have the Sultan model... oh man.. I <3 it SO MUCH..

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have 2 omnis, and they're awesome!! I love the versatility, and the fabric is pretty much cat-proof :D

I haven't tried the other models, so I can't really say, but I've heard that they're more like a lovesac in terms of fabric and filling.

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have 10 omnis. They work pretty well I suppose :P

After like 4 years of heavy use (parties and such) the filling gets kind of mashed down. Im going to have to refill a couple.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    GrooGroo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the input!

I'm inclined to try an Omni, because I liked those at the expo, but the gamer/sultan models look interesting too. I wish there was a storefront to go try them out.

On a side note, their website sucks. Ohwell, at least they make comfy beanbags :-)

Groo on
  • Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I heard some rumors that PAX's arrangement with Sumo had ended, and that future cons might not have the iconic bean bag's presence. Any truth to this? I would hate to see it go away!

Gundabad on
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Gundabad wrote: »
    I heard some rumors that PAX's arrangement with Sumo had ended, and that future cons might not have the iconic bean bag's presence. Any truth to this? I would hate to see it go away!

Must have been a really recent rumor since they were at Prime.

Rdr on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What happens to the ones at PAX when the con is over?

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I heard they were offered up to the Con gods for prosperity on the PAX event.

adester on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Either shipped back to sumo or put into storage until next PAX.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
This discussion has been closed.