As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PPDEast-See you next year!

• ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    5:00pm is early. The Pokecrawl starts at what, 9:00? Why can't we push the dinner to like 7:00? Just asking. 5:00pm is very early and might exclude those of us getting in on certain flights, trains, or Enforcers doing setup.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arco wrote: »
    5:00pm is early. The Pokecrawl starts at what, 9:00? Why can't we push the dinner to like 7:00? Just asking. 5:00pm is very early and might exclude those of us getting in on certain flights, trains, or Enforcers doing setup.

The dinner is at 5:30 ;)

No time set for the pokecrawl. But Vision said dinner should go 5:30-7:30 so maybe the crawl can start at 8 or 8:30. Depending on where it us from BiH

Rdr on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Atlus has said he plans on starting the crawl earlier this year. I could push it to 6 but it could end up similar to last year when the crawlers at the dinner ended up hitting their first bar up to 30 mins late. If people would prefer dinner start at 6 I'm fine with moving it back that half hour, BIH has let me know the time is not set in stone yet.

VisionOfClarity on
  • flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Speaking entirely selfishly as someone who would probably do the Dinner but not the full pub crawl (I'd rather get some gaming in, like a D&D slot-0), I'd prefer 6:00, but when you're talking about 5:30 or 6:00 it's really a negligible difference to me.

I guess the democratic thing to do would be to determine if there are more people arriving on late trains/flights (later dinner), or more people that want to have plenty of time for the PokeCrawl (earlier dinner). Whichever group is larger should theoretically hold more sway on the time of the PPD :E.

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
    edited September 2010
    Last year the crawl moved up last minute and it ended up working out pretty well anyway. There were enough Profs and Assistants at the crawl where some people started challenges I believe and in the end I think it worked out for everyone. I really don't think dinner could be pushed to 6:30, 6 is probably the latest I would go but people could very easily show up at 6:30 without worrying about missing out on the food.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    I haven't checked the train schedules yet, but I doubt they've changed much if at all. That said, it's unlikely the ETA is going to make it in time for this dinner (scheduled arrival was 9pm last year). That is what happens when we're at the mercy of Amtrak's schedules. That said, don't try to plan anything based on the train trip's arrival.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited September 2010
    Yea, I figured there was no way the ETA would make it without wormholes.

VisionOfClarity on
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sound perfect, so far!

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wormdundee wrote: »
    The Gravitronix dev is vthornheart if I am not totally nuts. He is on these boards quite regularly.

Yep and him and I set up East's MMT.

ZeroHourHero on
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I didn't go to the dinner last year (didn't take the day off work like I should have, so wasn't going to make it downtown in time), but will probably attend this year. Looking forward to it!

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Khadour wrote: »
    I didn't go to the dinner last year (didn't take the day off work like I should have, so wasn't going to make it downtown in time), but will probably attend this year. Looking forward to it!

You're also expected to join us for the PokeCrawl. Team Squirtle could use more men like you!

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
    edited September 2010
    lucazzo wrote: »

You're also expected to join us for the PokeCrawl. Team Squirtle could use more men like you!

I'm pretty sure he knows the proper team to join is Team Yellow. :)

Rdr on
    edited September 2010
    Squirtle had some impressive members at dinner last year but the Pikachus for Yellow won the gold for me.

VisionOfClarity on
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ahem... You all fail to recall that at the end of the evening the last two people standing atop a pile of drunken bodies were the proffessor and pokeasst from Team Red AtlusParker and I.

ZeroHourHero on
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    lucazzo wrote: »

Just because I didn't make it downtown for dinner doesn't mean that I wasn't at the Pokecrawl last year - I was ON Team Squirtle, if you recall - deadjon and I were anchoring the bar at Kings most of the night! I may well have a friend coming in from out of town for PAX East this year, so I'll be sure to enlist him . . .

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• RazorDRazorD Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, does this dinner happen the day before PAX (the thursday night?)

If so, i'm in :) I'm arriving a couple of days earlier to get my bearings a little before PAX. Plus being a tourist, i'd like to get a little tourism in.

RazorD on
    edited October 2010
    RazorD wrote: »

If so, i'm in :) I'm arriving a couple of days earlier to get my bearings a little before PAX. Plus being a tourist, i'd like to get a little tourism in.

Yeah Thursday the 10th at 5:30pm. The time might change to 6pm though.

Rdr on
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Uh I'm sorry, reppin for Team Green here, because I'll be in a hot Pokecostume and know the area like the back of my hand ;)

I'd say something about Bell in Hand but... is it BAD that I don't remember in specific any experience I've ever had there? Or is that super, super good? </drunk juju>

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    First of all, all this talk of the Pokecrawl is making me wonder when it is. Can we get a thread going for it?

Secondly, I hope that I do get to be on the Dinner tickets list.

feitocomfruta on
  • MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    As long as there is coordination with the MMT people, Hi Zero & VT, so that the MMT finishes at the BiH, I can do both again as I did last year. Not so interested in the pokecrawl, last years lobby games were far to fun so was planning on doing that again this year.
    Tickets are booked already, just waiting for the hotel desk to open to get rooms.
    Looking forward to this already. Hopefully should be able to bring some UK munchies over for the cookie brigade, I seem to recall that went down well last year.

MagnusCarter on
    edited October 2010
    First of all, all this talk of the Pokecrawl is making me wonder when it is. Can we get a thread going for it?

Secondly, I hope that I do get to be on the Dinner tickets list.

Atlus is working on the details now. Last year the threads started later than they did this year.

VisionOfClarity on
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bell In Hand info for people thinking it'll be packed:

1) Yes, it should be busy, but for private parties they rope off areas- if enough people sign up, they will simply give us Upstairs (Yes, literally the floor). I think what usually triggers this is groups over 40, but I'm not certain.

2) It's pretty much on the T- Government Center and Haymarket are pretty much right on top of it.

3) It's easy to find, since the GIANT HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL in front of it is hard to miss.

Kiashien on
    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Definitely planning on joining this :)

MelesMeles on
  • ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I should be down for this! The Bell in Hand looks like my kind of place. Looking forward to more details when they're available.

Themiscyra on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    1: We did not go last year but we both plan on going this time around.

2: It looks like I'm on the same page as many others here: I would not go over 40$ per ticket and I am mostly interested in mingling. We could do something cheaper and would not care. As long as we all have good seatings and that it's easy to talk with each other I guess.

3: I know my girlfriend is not into Sushi. That's pretty much it.

4: I don't think it would be a problem for us. Besides, it looks like there are not many interesting venues around the convention - though I could be mistaken since I don't really live around there and I'm only basing myself on what I can see through Google Maps. I do wonder how nice / practical it would be if the venue was located close to other community events.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My wife has agreed, so we both plan to be there :-) Looking forward to information on the MMT and pubcrawl too, since I consider these all a package of meeting and greeting.

DMmagic on
  • It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rdr wrote: »
    RazorD wrote: »

Yeah Thursday the 10th at 5:30pm. The time might change to 6pm though.

Thursday? Aw, too bad. Didn't see the day in the OP so I was going to ask until I saw this. This sounds like fun but I probably won't be getting in town until Friday, depending on specific schedules. (Tons of great looking restaurants in Boston but I don't want to go to them on my own.)

It's not a tumor on
  • Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I attended the predinner last year & it was cool. Though I agree it didn't leave much time or room for socializing & those who attended the pub crawl had to eat quickly & bounce. I will be attending this one as well though. =)

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • SinkuuSinkuu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I will be attending. I will keep my attention on this thread to find out about more info when it comes available.

Sinkuu on
    they made me a signature, but I eated it. and I have an 18 inch laptop. :P
  • ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I made the mistake of checking in on Day 1 Last year. I will not be making that mistake this year as I will be coming down earlier and look forward attending the dinner this year.

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • f0cusf0cus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ChronoHawk wrote: »
    I made the mistake of checking in on Day 1 Last year. I will not be making that mistake this year as I will be coming down earlier and look forward attending the dinner this year.
    Same. Heading in a day earlier to catch all the sights this year.

Also my only worry with Bell in Hand is that they have live music on Thursday nights, which I'm slightly worried will completely drown out any possibility for us to mingle and get to know each other.

f0cus on
    XBox - Angry Cremepuff
    PSN - AngryCremepuff
  • flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Looks like the ETA won't be pulling into Boston until well after the dinner. Oh well! Maybe us train folk will all get dinner together.

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    well I know i'll be there, I missed too much last year so this year I plan to do everything.

MxWood on
  • MidnyghtChildeMidnyghtChilde NYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    We didn't make it to the pre-dinner last year. This year we making sure to get into town early for some shopping and mingling.

The pre dinner sounds like a great idea and I am definitely interested (which means I'll drag DH with me to be *social*!). I'd just echo what others said here - 40$ would be an upper limit, distance from BCEC doesn't matter if it's on the T.

Looking forward to this year!

MidnyghtChilde on
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If the ETA won't arrive in time, I just hope that there is enough time between our arrival and the PokeCrawl to get a nice dinner.

feitocomfruta on
    edited October 2010
    If the ETA won't arrive in time, I just hope that there is enough time between our arrival and the PokeCrawl to get a nice dinner.

Are you doing the train? I think it got in around 9pm or so. Hopefully the crawl starts about 30 mins after this dinner..about 8pm.

Rdr on
  • Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am thinking of taking the ETA this year, which will prevent me form catching the dinner. =( Hopefully I'll have enough time to check in at the hotel & join in on the pokecrawl.

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Everything about this sounds wonderful. I plan on attending barring some unforeseen shenanigans.

BaconSandwich on
    PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • MasterShakeMasterShake Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i will be attending the dinner as well and possibly the PokeCrawl

MasterShake on
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey, I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but $30 for pub food and no drinks seems rather steep, do you know what the actual menu is going to be?

Exodus1 on