As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Plans for PAX '06

• Options
    OMGmyFACEOMGmyFACE Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    portland is pretty expensive, but it is an awesome place.

i live a couple of blocks from downtown beaverton, just down the street from beaverton high school. its not to bad.

and dude i am all for you spreading the word about pax.

i know that i am personally the BHS pax sponsor, with i think one other person that went. and just think, the more people you get to go, the better stuff the bigger companies will want to show off.

Sounds damn good to me. The more swag, the better. Heh heh.
    I'm personally going to try for near SW Portland since I'm in studio/film media and I need work so desperately. XO
    However, more b-town contacts. How cool. ^_^

And indeed. PAX was the best experience I had in '05 and I'm trying to share the love by recruiting the world. Who knows? Maybe we'll trash another hotel. ^_^

OMGmyFACE on
    No.

style5,OMGmyFACE.png
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    OMGmyFACE wrote:

I'm personally going to try for near SW Portland since I'm in studio/film media and I need work so desperately. XO

And indeed. PAX was the best experience I had in '05 and I'm trying to share the love by recruiting the world. Who knows? Maybe we'll trash another hotel. ^_^

dont worry, this year i will be there to help you guys trash it.

Nephirij on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    OMGmyFACE wrote:

dont worry, this year i will be there to help you guys trash it.

That brings us back to the topic header - we plan for a bigger Nerf War. ^_^
    Also, hitting the ballrooms at 4am seemed be a big thing. I'd try not to sleep by going there and listenening to people talk about Doom and how the movie version doesn't do the story justice and then, bam!, Spider'd show up and yell at his nintendog.

OMGmyFACE on
    No.

style5,OMGmyFACE.png
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2006
    nerf is terrifying

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2006
    I am from nyc, I hung out with a bunch of people. I don't know if you're talking about me.

graizur on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    graizur wrote:
    I am from nyc, I hung out with a bunch of people. I don't know if you're talking about me.

Heh heh, I don't know either. Are you from Brooklyn? I was MC Chris' shill and at the Azteca gala.
    borfase wrote:
    nerf is terrifying

Nerf is war. Nerf is life.

OMGmyFACE on
    No.

style5,OMGmyFACE.png
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    I hung out with the Gamer Transit Authority guys with the big grey bus with the video games in it. So if you were ever in that van you saw me. I made a thread "were you in this shot" like 2 or 3 threads down. Were you in any of those shots?

graizur on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    graizur wrote:
    I hung out with the Gamer Transit Authority guys with the big grey bus with the video games in it. So if you were ever in that van you saw me. I made a thread "were you in this shot" like 2 or 3 threads down. Were you in any of those shots?

No to the bus, yes to the shots. 2nd one. I'm all the way in the back, looking very bad on camera. To explain the hair, I was hiding a tattoo to get into the Navy. Didn't work - long story. lol

OMGmyFACE on
    No.

style5,OMGmyFACE.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2006
    Javen wrote:
    ctishman wrote:
    Javen wrote:
    Oh god I want to go to PAX so much. So, so much. Plane fare by itself is going to be hell to pay for, though.

Well, given your stated location, I'm guessing you're in AK somewhere. I've done a couple of quotes from common departure cities, because I don't know exactly where you are.

It's always, always better to buy your tickets earlier than later, because they plan flights a couple of years in advance, and increase prices steadily up to departure day. All prices are for Alaska Airlines.

Here's what I was able to turn up, assuming you purchased ASAP.

Round-Trip
    Anchorage - Seattle, bought today, for August 27th, returning September 3rd.
    $165.95

Round-Trip
    Fairbanks - Seattle, bought today, for August 27th, returning September 3rd.
    $227.20

Round-Trip
    Juneau - Seattle, bought today, for August 27th, returning September 3rd.
    $247.20

That's fuckin' way doable, mate.

Haha, it's actually east coast. Boston, to be exact.
    graizur wrote:
    I really hope to come with an east coast crew. If not I think I will just glom onto the first group of paxers I meet whether or not they enjoy my company. I am just needy like that, I need to be surrounded by people whome I have some influence over.

Also I really hope that the demo room has a more serious Microsoft Game Studio's pressence. That is what made 04 feel more official then 05, to me, those conker and Mechassautl 2 and Jade Empire demos we got to play with months before any one saw them. Oh yeah and Halo 2. That was a big scoop for the Penny Arcade guys and I hope that 06 has something that really rallies the whole expo.

As far as people I plan on doing more drinking. More hanging with bands, they seemed to like me. And possibly a hook up or two or three. I was hesitant to believe it possible at 05 but i was thrice proved wrong. So...
    I dunno maybe a frag doll, is that aiming too high? Or too low, i can never tell.

What else?

I'm planning on driving out to Seattle from Cleveland, OH. If anybody wants to meet up for the trip, let me know, it'll definately be me and most likely Spook on the trip. I dunno who else I can con into going, but I'm going to college this year, so I'm sure I'll find people to tag along. I'm all about a Cross Country Supertrip.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited January 2006
    OMGmyFACE wrote:

then we should consult the comic entitled "more of a loose guide line" (the newest one at time of posting.)

Nephirij on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    =D

I just remember nailing Tycho with like a million nerf darts in the Doubletree. That was truly priceless.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Note to self - stay at the Doubletree, bring massive amount of Nerf weaponry.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    I'll be hanging out at the Doubletree after hours, but I won't be staying there

Trillian on

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    de4dmeta1 wrote:
    Note to self - stay at the Doubletree, bring massive amount of Nerf weaponry.

Have fun getting a ride to PAX then...

It's not going to be in Bellevue. Well, it shouldn't be at least.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    I have it on high authority that it will still be at the Meydenbauer this year. As such, I will be booking a room early, and stockpiling foam weapons.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    de4dmeta1 wrote:
    I have it on high authority that it will still be at the Meydenbauer this year. As such, I will be booking a room early, and stockpiling foam weapons.

If it is...bleh. There's not enough room.

There was barely enough room the first year...This year, with everything opened up, it was still jam packed.

What do you think it'll be like next year...?

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    I believe the only space that went somewhat unused last year was the theatre proper, so it should be interesting to see how they manage things, to say the least. Maybe they'll toss a bunch of the arcade machines in there, who knows.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    digitalodindigitalodin IowaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I plan on going every year there is a PAX. I had a family emergency on the second day of PAX '05 so I didn't get to stay for day 3 :(

but I'll see you all again this year!

digitalodin on
    Boogle Boogle Bear...
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    de4dmeta1 wrote:
    I believe the only space that went somewhat unused last year was the theatre proper, so it should be interesting to see how they manage things, to say the least. Maybe they'll toss a bunch of the arcade machines in there, who knows.

There was some production going on there at the time.

Boy did I feel sorry for anyone trying to go to that thing...

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    de4dmeta1 wrote:

If it is...bleh. There's not enough room.

There was barely enough room the first year...This year, with everything opened up, it was still jam packed.

What do you think it'll be like next year...?

If it stays at the Meydenbaur, they're going to need machines that constantly spray deoderant through the ventalation ducts and anywhere it gets crowded (i.e. everywhere)

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited January 2006
    i really hope that it isn't at the meydenbauer because that place is too small.

and also, what is your "good source" de4dmeta1?

Nephirij on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    and also, what is your "good source" de4dmeta1?

PRD. I believe she's PAX's cheif of staff.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    really? :shock: i thought that pax cheif of staff was khoo.

Nephirij on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    really? :shock: i thought that pax cheif of staff was khoo.

Chief.

And...I believe PRD is in charge of the staff. Well, like the HEAD Head Enforcer. Khoo is the business manager(I believe) and would be in charge of everything.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    maybe we should just ask khoo if it's going to be at the maydenbauer or not...

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited January 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:

Or we could just wait until they open up pre-reg and announce everything in a few days?

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:

Or we could just wait until they open up pre-reg and announce everything in a few days?

I'm all up for this plan.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    de4dmeta1 wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:

whoops, sorry, too late. :roll:

im kind of impatient toight. :oops:

Nephirij on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    de4dmeta1 wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:

whoops, sorry, too late. :roll:

im kind of impatient toight. :oops:

I'll delete my post and then you can delete the thread if ya want.

Legacy on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2006
    man just ask

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    [edit] nevermind their is a thread for it.

graizur on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    OMGmyFACE wrote:

then we should consult the comic entitled "more of a loose guide line" (the newest one at time of posting.)

Did anyone else get excited when they read the strip? ^_^
    Shooooo, I'm coming prepared. That's wassup!

OMGmyFACE on
    No.

style5,OMGmyFACE.png
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    man just ask

Where is it going to be at, man? :P

And when is the stuff going to be up?

Legacy on
  • Options
    RomacusRomacus Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Any ideas for what hotels to book reservations for? Im debating on if I want to use my employee discount at a Choice hotel or go where the actions at.

Romacus on
    GIS only gets cool when you get way into the results. It's kinda like panning for gold. Gay biker gold.
    XBOX Live Gamertag: Romacus
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    I'm staying at the house of the guy I met at PAX 05, and spending my day/evening with all of the people I met last year, while sleeping in my free accomodations afterwards.

Trillian on

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    It's alll about the doubletree man!!!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    SmallLady wrote:

at pax '04 and '05 i got a free room at another hotel due to my friends mom's connections, but i dont care. this year i am staying at the doubletree.

and besides, i dont think i am going to get a free room again anyway.

i missed out these past two years, but this year will be diffirent. :twisted:

Nephirij on
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    SmallLady wrote:

at pax '04 and '05 i got a free room at another hotel due to my friends mom's connections, but i dont care. this year i am staying at the doubletree.

and besides, i dont think i am going to get a free room again anyway.

i missed out these past two years, but this year will be diffirent. :twisted:

I'm not even sure if i'll be going, but i'll probably get a pre-registration and reserve a room at the tree just incase. :)

Polago on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    SmallLady wrote:

Yeah! I loved staying with you guys, but the more I save, the more I can spend on merch ^^

Trillian on

• Options
    edited January 2006
    Merch...alcohol...

Same thing.

Edit: Aww. I just remembered. Last time I went over to Bellevue, I noticed that they tore down the Chili Dog place and the buildings that had the Subway that was right next to the Meydenbauer. :| I shall miss those.

Legacy on