As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xander Berk[Chat]ly

• Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Would more than six hours of sunlight a day be un-Swedish? You Swedes are a sullen people and I think the eternal darkness enshrouding your country is the source.

That's not actually the sunlight; it's the vampire penguins that come out when the sun goes down.
    You guys just gotta give up the Bud Ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVWtq-_VYk8&feature=related

Bama on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    If the Norwegians are more nihilistic than Swedes where does that put the Finns?

Behind the patriots and jets, but ahead of the poor bills.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    japan is watching Bulletproof Monk.

This is not a movie I enjoy.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    "Femiblogosphere" is a word that needs to die.

I hate "groupon" and "webinar" more.

I use webinar every day. Often when I disappear I'm on one.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man I live in fear that I'm gonna fart one day and shit my pants in public.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    sorry, [chat]

there's only one xander for me

image4_1194034101.jpg

i live for this shit!

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »

Its not a movie anyone can enjoy, I say this as a fan of Chow Yun Fat.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If the Norwegians are more nihilistic than Swedes where does that put the Finns?

Behind the patriots and jets, but ahead of the poor bills.

I understood this yet I highly dislike football.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    are you guys talking about the child-free spaces thread?

outside of the admittedly terrible "is it immoral to have children" and "how much do i hate all children ever" tangents, i'm kind of enjoying that one.

People who go on and on about how much they hate kids kind of creep me out.

I mean, obviously I'm thrilled that they're not having them. Kids deserve to be brought up by people who want them. But this attitude that they're, like, these awful impediments that only stupid people take on is just ugh.

seriously

like, i was on okc the other day and i think the phrasing is like 'don't want kids' or whatever and i'm fine with that but then there was a question like 'would you be with someone who hated children', and i was like o_O

i sat in on one of those childfree meetups and the "fuck parents and their stupid, ugly brats" sentiment is a little staggering

That kind of negativity in dating is a huge turn off for me.

I hate people who define themselves by what they hate rather than what they like.

oh wait

shit

shit

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

The deadly Shart.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Norwegians are way more nihilistic tan the swedes

Everything I know about Sweden, I learned from the Seventh Seal. And I cut my wrists after finishing that movie.

Seventh Seal was a dark comedy in comparison to most of Bergmans stuff

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Swedes like different! Unless it's burkas, that's too different.

Echo on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Seriously though, when an OKC profile goes to great lengths to enumerate all the things they don't like, I'm just like "*click* next match"

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

cork.jpg

emnmnme on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

What do these words mean?

Tav on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man, need to redo my okcupid thing. I am waiting to see if I got this job so I have income and that way I don't feel like such a bum.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Seriously, I mean it happens to someone every day.

What if one day it's me?

amateurhour on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Southparkstudios got an overhaul.

EDIT: And apparently Smackdown is going to be on "SyFy" now.

Guuuuh so dumb.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Strictly was good value tonight. Though watching the cadaver of Paul Daniels pushed about the floor by a pnuematic Eastern European was a terrifying sight.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Hooray, my stomach problems.

If it was just the stomach pain, I could bite down and take it. But no, it has to be the risk of shitting my pants too.

Echo on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Norwegians are way more nihilistic tan the swedes

Everything I know about Sweden, I learned from the Seventh Seal. And I cut my wrists after finishing that movie.

Seventh Seal was a dark comedy in comparison to most of Bergmans stuff

Come on, Swedes! Make a big, flashy Hollywood-style action movie with explosions and cleavage and car chases!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »

Its not a movie anyone can enjoy, I say this as a fan of Chow Yun Fat.

japan seems to be enjoying it. I blame the Guinness.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Southparkstudios got an overhaul.

EDIT: And apparently Smackdown is going to be on "SyFy" now.

Guuuuh so dumb.

dumber than the word SyFy

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Man, need to redo my okcupid thing. I am waiting to see if I got this job so I have income and that way I don't feel like such a bum.

Yeah me too. I just feel like I'm kind of in limbo. I hate my job and I commute in the wrong direction (I should be going north to SF/Oakland, not south to San Jose, dammit!) But my attention is entirely on grad schools right now so I'm not looking for a new job. And I don't want to date while I'm working at this job because it saps so much of my energy. But if I start dating and I only get accepted to far away grad schools... aaaaaaugh! Fuck it! Imma play Xbox!

Feral on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Seriously though, when an OKC profile goes to great lengths to enumerate all the things they don't like, I'm just like "*click* next match"

Depends, I'd probably go down their hate list and see if we hate the same things. Because then we could hate them together, it would be like a top 5 list of hatred.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    Strictly was good value tonight. Though watching the cadaver of Paul Daniels pushed about the floor by a pnuematic Eastern European was a terrifying sight.

You did not see the horror that was Michael Bolton attempting to dance. I've played with boners that were less stiff then him.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Drinking this pot of tea, and then there will be Landings in the Borders.

Echo on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

What is a groupon?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

You did not see the horror that was Michael Bolton attempting to dance. I've played with boners that were less stiff then him.

There are pills for that.

Echo on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Depends, I'd probably go down their hate list and see if we hate the same things. Because then we could hate them together, it would be like a top 5 list of hatred.

So like a shitty John Cussack?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I tried that once. Her negativity started to drag me down. Which kind of sucked because we had a lot of the same tastes in a lot of the same things.

Feral on

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    oh Thom i wasn't trying to pick on you for watching Bones. I was just kind commiserating about how it feels to keep watching it even though it's kind of awful

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Echo wrote: »

There are pills for that.

If you need a pill then it's not really a boner, is it?
    oh Thom i wasn't trying to pick on you for watching Bones. I was just kind commiserating about how it feels to keep watching it even though it's kind of awful

I'm not worried. I watch enough high brow stuff that I can wallow in shit without much concern.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010

are you looking for someone interested in hate threesomes with your wife

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010

I tried that once. Her negativity started to drag me down. Which kind of sucked because we had a lot of the same tastes in a lot of the same things.

i can be a pretty critical dude and sometimes it just turns into general-purpose negativity to the point where i start to drag myself down. i guess i prefer to around more positive people in general.

frankie's pretty negative (but less critical, just more negative) and sometimes being around it kind of clarifies to me that i don't want to be negative about things so much.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

What is a groupon?

It's a group coupon. Basically you only get the coupon if you get like five others to sign up for it on that day.

I mean it's really only useful for planning group trips to the movies, or if you hang out with a bunch of people and go to lunch with them every day

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

note: this is where nerdgasmic appeared

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    amateurhour I agree with you in the child-free thread. I have went to Theaters and too many times I see a ton of teenagers during a movie start texting away and start giggling and getting louder.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Nah always hypothetical, my wife and I hate the same things.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010

The news that La Mullet has no rhythym doesn't surprise me.

Bogart on
This discussion has been closed.