As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xander Berk[Chat]ly

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    A groupon is a coupon that you take to a restaurant and it applies to your whole group, I believe.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I came very close to buying a Kindle earlier today.

I bought Dead rising 2 and a 360 copy of Borderlands instead.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Seriously though, when an OKC profile goes to great lengths to enumerate all the things they don't like, I'm just like "*click* next match"

Depends, I'd probably go down their hate list and see if we hate the same things. Because then we could hate them together, it would be like a top 5 list of hatred.

I tried that once. Her negativity started to drag me down. Which kind of sucked because we had a lot of the same tastes in a lot of the same things.

i can be a pretty critical dude and sometimes it just turns into general-purpose negativity to the point where i start to drag myself down. i guess i prefer to around more positive people in general.

frankie's pretty negative (but less critical, just more negative) and sometimes being around it kind of clarifies to me that i don't want to be negative about things so much.

Yeah. I make a conscious decision to be more appreciative of things I like as opposed to critical of things I don't. Sure, it's fun to get my hate on once in a while but I try really hard not to let it be a habit. But it's something that takes effort, and being around other people who tend to be negative but don't make that effort... well, it's a little like a recovering alcoholic being around drinkers.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    That's retarded. It's like calling a trip to the hairdressers with your mate a sharecut because you're going at the same time.

Bogart on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I am focusing on the grad school stuff but mostly here in Colorado a mix because teacher licensing stuff and money. So the moving across country isn't the big worry unless something comes up and I move to DC or Seattle or something.

But being unemployed really saps a lot of my self confidence and its hard to explain until July last year I was employed, living on my own in another country and making/saving money and now I am unemployed, stuck at my parents and slowly burning through savings because of a mix of economy and health things without sounding completely pathetic.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    That's retarded. It's like calling a trip to the hairdressers with your mate a sharecut because you're going at the same time.

Sharecut! I'm totally gonna use that! :D

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    A groupon is a coupon that you take to a restaurant and it applies to your whole group, I believe.

I think so, I normally see the word, see red and wake up seeing sparrows.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    We got a groupon to go get a sharecut.

Feral on

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    :(

I want to play the new Castlevania game and Dead Rising 2 but I'm not paying $9 for each at the Blockbuster store. I see their rentals by mail service includes games now ... but Blockbuster also filed for bankruptcy last week. You think they have a good stock of new games?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Seriously though, when an OKC profile goes to great lengths to enumerate all the things they don't like, I'm just like "*click* next match"

Depends, I'd probably go down their hate list and see if we hate the same things. Because then we could hate them together, it would be like a top 5 list of hatred.

are you looking for someone interested in hate threesomes with your wife

note: this is where nerdgasmic appeared

:x:x:x

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010

what's that supposed to mean

I was busy playing tf2 and trading for a sweet new hat

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    amateurhour I agree with you in the child-free thread. I have went to Theaters and too many times I see a ton of teenagers during a movie start texting away and start giggling and getting louder.

I almost started a fight with a group of them a while back, but then I realized they were all like 13/14 and I would have gone to jail. Just removing them from the theater would have gotten me arrested.

I've got two methods for dealing with it.

If it's just annoying teenagers smaller than me I'll go to the front office and request that they be removed.

If it's a group that might give me trouble I go to the front office and request a refund of my ticket and come back another time.

I'll usually avoid any kind of serious confrontation provided I don't lose out financially on the deal.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Strictly was good value tonight. Though watching the cadaver of Paul Daniels pushed about the floor by a pnuematic Eastern European was a terrifying sight.

You did not see the horror that was Michael Bolton attempting to dance. I've played with boners that were less stiff then him.

The news that La Mullet has no rhythym doesn't surprise me.

It was like he was hate dancing. Just so angry that it was like watching the most uptight German attempt to dance.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010

i just reserved www.sharecut.com

you're gonna feel so shitty when i'm a millionaire

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't mind negativity, as there's an awful lot to be negative about. Like most people, it's just reflexively negative people that get on my tits. Or if the negativity isn't balanced out by a passion for something.

I don't like miserable cunts, I guess.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Strictly was good value tonight. Though watching the cadaver of Paul Daniels pushed about the floor by a pnuematic Eastern European was a terrifying sight.

You did not see the horror that was Michael Bolton attempting to dance. I've played with boners that were less stiff then him.

The news that La Mullet has no rhythym doesn't surprise me.

It was like he was hate dancing. Just so angry that it was like watching the most uptight German attempt to dance.

Now is the time on Sprockets ven ve dahnce!

Feral on

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I tried that once. Her negativity started to drag me down. Which kind of sucked because we had a lot of the same tastes in a lot of the same things.

i can be a pretty critical dude and sometimes it just turns into general-purpose negativity to the point where i start to drag myself down. i guess i prefer to around more positive people in general.

frankie's pretty negative (but less critical, just more negative) and sometimes being around it kind of clarifies to me that i don't want to be negative about things so much.

I have some friends who tend to be negative.

Like we'll be out at the bar and all they talk about is how much various people annoy them. And then they start judging people in the bar.

I pretty much just sit there going ',:-|

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »

I want to play the new Castlevania game and Dead Rising 2 but I'm not paying $9 for each at the Blockbuster store. I see their rentals by mail service includes games now ... but Blockbuster also filed for bankruptcy last week. You think they have a good stock of new games?

Gamefly dude. 17 dollars a month and they shipped DR2 on monday and I had it by Thursday.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

did you really just buy that domain?

I mean how was that still available?

amateurhour on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

just a stray observation

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2010

You are a genius at this stuff!

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

just a stray observation
    I'll stray you, buddy

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I try to avoid too much negativity because it's not generally productive. If I'm planning then I will be negative, figuring out what can and will go wrong is useful. But the rest of the time it's just wasting energy that could be more productively used for anything else. I mean anything else.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Oh my fucking god. Copyright infringment!

Bogart on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Reserving www.sharecut.biz

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I am by far the more positive between me and Mori

by faaaaaaar

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »

Gamefly dude. 17 dollars a month and they shipped DR2 on monday and I had it by Thursday.

Wow. They never ship me anything new.

Feral on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm passionate about being negative.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Corbius wrote: »
    I came very close to buying a Kindle earlier today.

I bought Dead rising 2 and a 360 copy of Borderlands instead.

I assume you preordered dr2 right

I thought it was out next year

edit: durrrrr totally thinking of dead space

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I can get very negative. Since I tend to pick up on patterns and following them roads(this makes me a great historian and programmer if I went back to it) this gets applied to my negative thoughts. So I find something negative and then start picking out how it go there and just kind of tumble down a spiral of negativity.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Home now! I really hope somebody doesn't start talking about how awesome Minecraft is, thereby convincing me to purchase it.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    And if you're going to be negative about something unimportant, like some bullshit TV show, you better be funny about it.

Bogart on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    I think I operate on a pretty even keel most of the time. I get snarky about a lot of stuff but that gives me amusement; I don't really get a full-throated hate on for much besides evil Republicans.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    And if you're going to be negative about something unimportant, like some bullshit TV show, you better be funny about it.

Yeah if you're going to be pissed about something minor I want something funny to come out of it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm always happy.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Home now! I really hope somebody doesn't start talking about how awesome Minecraft is, thereby convincing me to purchase it.
    I'd rather talk about how horrible people are who haven't purchased Minecraft yet.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010

Like we'll be out at the bar and all they talk about is how much various people annoy them. And then they start judging people in the bar.

i definitely judge people when we go out

because honestly, at least in cambridge, too many people are just too ridiculous not to take note of.

like there is one lady in our neighborhood that i see on occasion who always dresses head-to-toe in animal prints.

the joke that frankie and i have is that we have to avoid any sudden moves because she can close the distance between us at 60 mph over short distances.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

because honestly, at least in cambridge, too many people are just too ridiculous not to take note of.

like there is one lady in our neighborhood that i see on occasion who always dresses head-to-toe in animal prints.

the joke that frankie and i have is that we have to avoid any sudden moves because she can close the distance between us at 60 mph over short distances.

you should send that one in to reader's digest 8-) 8-)

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Did she eat gennero?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I am trying to think of more of those horrible word mashups but am coming up blank. Wait.

Mormitory - like a dormitory, but only for Mormons.

Umm. Nah.

Bogart on
This discussion has been closed.