As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Combining tracks in iTunes

UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm a shuffle kind of guy with my iPod. When I'm at work or driving around, I typically put it on song shuffle unless I'm specifically in the mood for something.

One thing that just really irks me, though, are certain songs being separated when they're typically played together. "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions", the Abbey Road medley and a few others come to mind. It sucks and is jarring for "She Came in Through the Bathroom Window" to kick in after a Coheed and Cambria track.

So yeah, is there any way to go about combining multiple tracks into one on iTunes?

UnbreakableVow on

• Options
    wogiwogi Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Not really in iTunes, though its still possible.
    The only way I can think of is with an audio editing program. Audacity is good, and free to boot.

Its a pretty simple interface. Its also the only solution I can think of.

wogi on
    http://bit.ly/runshort
    -Current W.I.P.
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    iTunes can only do anything like that when you're ripping from the CD... you select the tracks, then select "join tracks" in the advanced menu, then set it to rip

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I'm a shuffle kind of guy with my iPod. When I'm at work or driving around, I typically put it on song shuffle unless I'm specifically in the mood for something.

One thing that just really irks me, though, are certain songs being separated when they're typically played together. "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions", the Abbey Road medley and a few others come to mind. It sucks and is jarring for "She Came in Through the Bathroom Window" to kick in after a Coheed and Cambria track.

So yeah, is there any way to go about combining multiple tracks into one on iTunes?

What you're looking for is the "grouping" field. Go to Get Info, then enter a unique grouping for all the songs you want to come up together as a single group on shuffle. Repeat for the other songs, using a different grouping name for each of the groups.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

What you're looking for is the "grouping" field. Go to Get Info, then enter a unique grouping for all the songs you want to come up together as a single group on shuffle. Repeat for the other songs, using a different grouping name for each of the groups.

This doesn't seem to be working. I added all the Abbey Road tracks I wanted together into a grouping called Abbey Road Medley, but on both my iPod and on my PC, doing song shuffle will still separate the tracks.

UnbreakableVow on