As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can I use CrossFire with my setup?

EdictEdict Registered User regular
I have one HIS H577FM1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card. I would like to purchase another one to put in my system. My motherboard is an Asus p5n-e SLI, nFORCE 650i SLI. I can't find anything saying if it supports crossfire or not. Any advice would be much appreciated. Also if I am able to do it, does my second card have to be the exact some one or can I use the model from another company?

Edict on

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'd wait for a more knowledgable opinion, but i'm fairly sure that you cant run Crossfire on Nvidia boards or SLI on ATI boards.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    EdictEdict Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That is what I thought, but was hoping I was wrong.

Edict on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Instead of having to buy another motherboard so that you can then buy another 5770 and do Crossfire, why not sell your current card and have the money go to the purchase of a 5850?

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rohan wrote: »
    Instead of having to buy another motherboard so that you can then buy another 5770 and do Crossfire, why not sell your current card and have the money go to the purchase of a 5850?

Yeah, you'd be better off with a newer card than a second one. Crossfire isn't very well supported and doesn't really give enough performance gains to be worth the price of another card.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png