As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Under ([Chat]) Pressure

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am missing one missile expansion in Metroid Prime: Corruption. It is also the last item I need to 100% the silly game.

This is frustrating!

Tamin on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm pretty much done with TF2. The only thing that will bring me back is a mod or server setting that disables all unlockables.

I know somebody will say "but the unlockables are side-grades" but I've been completely shut down by Natascha too many times for that argument to hold water to me.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Tamin wrote: »
    I am missing one missile expansion in Metroid Prime: Corruption. It is also the last item I need to 100% the silly game.

This is frustrating!
    there's a place on the sky planet that has a thingamabob that shows you where the things you're missing are

look that thing up

Elendil on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I'm pretty much done with TF2. The only thing that will bring me back is a mod or server setting that disables all unlockables.

I know somebody will say "but the unlockables are side-grades" but I've been completely shut down by Natascha too many times for that argument to hold water to me.
    the natascha is the worst gun ever

tyrannus on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I know somebody will "but the unlockables are side-grades" but I've been completely shut down by Natascha too many times for that argument to hold water to me.

A good amount of them are sidegrades, but a lot more were honestly downgrades (which is also bad), but then there are ones that are straight up broken like Natascha and with how many updates have gone by without valve doing anything to rebalance the weapon well, it really shows their priorities.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Oh, hey, France has the right idea.

Bank execs make stupid mistakes that jeopardize the whole country? Jail time!

someone other than the trader guy making 70k a year got jailed?

I misinterpreted the article I read.

I am disappoint.

Sheep on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    man I am a terrible poster today

too tired for real content

well, if it makes you feel any better, your posts have been hilarious today

It does! I was just like, blowing up at Modern Man like that did no good.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Being around minions gets me exp as long as they're killing shit? Well crap, that might explain it.

Also, how hard is it to use angel/musician lady? I enjoyed being her in the practice game I played with bots.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I told myself I would get TF2 when it was $10. When that happened I decided on $5.

Also my awesome friend totally surprised me and bought me Civ V on Steam today. The cruel joke is that I don't have time to pay for probably two weeks.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Gragas definitely needs a bro skin with a modern keg.

Fuck that, we need Lady Gragas.

Lady
    Giygas.jpg

FUCK

I'm never prepared for Giygas

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    street cart food for the first time in forever
    so good
    hitting the spot
    street cart food meaning street meat aka chicken and lamb over rice

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    so good
    hitting the spot

HMM TEMPTING

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I played my first game of Lol yesterday. I am pretty terrible at it.

I think I need to strike a better balance between grinding and helping my minions take out turrets/champs

I'm slightly confused because taking out the mininions, champs, and turrets slowing your minions basically is grinding.

Make sure to be getting the last hit in on enemy minions as its the only way that they grant you money.

It seemed like I was pretty underleveled the whole time, even though I was only a level or two behind the rest of my team. I'm not sure if it's because of who I was (Minotaur guy with the ground pound), or if I was generally leveling up all my skills equally instead of focusing on one or two, but I seemed to do almost no damage, even with decent equipment.

Experience gain is only determined by being close to enemy minions when they die. As long as you are standing close to the minions as they kill each other and you aren't wandering around or going back to base too often, you should generally be fine. The experience is evenly distributed for all nearby allies, so if you have some goof waiting in your lane to gank with you and another teammate while his lane is empty, your team is only getting one lane of experience while the enemy is getting two and that is no good.

Alistair doesn't do any damage, at all, ever. He's a tank completely centered around knocking people into the air and then back into or away from his teammates.

For most champions, you'll want to prioritize two skills alternating between them as you can then getting your ultimate when it's available. For a lot of champions you'll want to get at least one point in the third skill regular skill at some early point in the game, but then it's best to just leave it at level 1 and focus on the other two.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    so good
    hitting the spot

The first time I got street halal I put on a shitton of their hotsauce. Baaad idea.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Gragas definitely needs a bro skin with a modern keg.

Fuck that, we need Lady Gragas.

Lady
    Giygas.jpg

FUCK

I'm never prepared for Giygas

better start praying

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    extra white + normal hot

right way to go

i miss the guy up at columbia at 114th though, they had the best spicy rice

this is just what i needed on this cold weather day

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

This is frustrating!
    there's a place on the sky planet that has a thingamabob that shows you where the things you're missing are

look that thing up

Yeah, I've launched all the satellites. Gone over every room I've been in, looking for the icon; no dice.

There are a few rooms that aren't shown on the normal map; I just have to remember where those are and double-check them in person, I guess.

Le sigh

Tamin on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    http://abovethelaw.com/2010/10/employment-discrimination-potpourri-its-hard-out-here-for-new-mothers-and-large-women/

Being fat is going to be a protected class? Man all the ugly people of the world seen hitting mcdonalds.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

This is frustrating!

look that thing up

Yeah, I've launched all the satellites. Gone over every room I've been in, looking for the icon; no dice.

There are a few rooms that aren't shown on the normal map; I just have to remember where those are and double-check them in person, I guess.

Le sigh
    that one crashed ship you explore at the end isn't checked by that thing; it might be there

Elendil on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Being around minions gets me exp as long as they're killing shit? Well crap, that might explain it.

Also, how hard is it to use angel/musician lady? I enjoyed being her in the practice game I played with bots.

She's pretty easy you just have to be really careful because she's frail. Basically you never want to get closer to an enemy than you need to to hit them with Q and your regular attack, and your ultimate when it's up. Then you get away again immediately. Mash buttons. Don't walk into bushes if an enemy might be in them : (

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Experience gain is only determined by being close to enemy minions when they die. As long as you are standing close to the minions as they kill each other and you aren't wandering around or going back to base too often, you should generally be fine. The experience is evenly distributed for all nearby allies, so if you have some goof waiting in your lane to gank with you and another teammate while his lane is empty, your team is only getting one lane of experience while the enemy is getting two and that is no good.

Alistair doesn't do any damage, at all, ever. He's a tank completely centered around knocking people into the air and then back into or away from his teammates.

For most champions, you'll want to prioritize two skills alternating between them as you can then getting your ultimate when it's available. For a lot of champions you'll want to get at least one point in the third skill regular skill at some early point in the game, but then it's best to just leave it at level 1 and focus on the other two.

Ah thanks, that explains a lot. I didn't solo any lanes since it was my first game and I figured if I was by myself the lane I covered would be ripe for the picking by the enemy team. I spent the entire time running between lanes being backup and taking down turrents. That's good to know!

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    also i have my first business trip ever on thursday! thursday is gonna blow!

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    NSFW, lots of profanity, two partial n-words, but this story is hilariously wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6shj5YF25w

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

I heard Natasha got severely buffed, but I haven't played since the SC2 beta.

Come, Feral, and craft stars with us.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Also Zack Snyder is doing the new superman. I'm kind of leery on that. I mean I'm not a superman fan anyway, but Snyder is kinda being a one trick pony and its not even that great a trick.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    i havent crafted stars in a while

i should

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    man I am a terrible poster today

too tired for real content

well, if it makes you feel any better, your posts have been hilarious today

It does! I was just like, blowing up at Modern Man like that did no good.

Probably, though you'll be outshined at the other guy going after him.

Though I certainly think there are some critiques to be applied (I think 'privelige!' is used to shut out more arguments then it ought, rather then simply being pointed out - especially in regards to disability, and isn't nearly as recognised in the feminist community inregards to class as you and Feral are giving them credit for).

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »

She's pretty easy you just have to be really careful because she's frail. Basically you never want to get closer to an enemy than you need to to hit them with Q and your regular attack, and your ultimate when it's up. Then you get away again immediately. Mash buttons. Don't walk into bushes if an enemy might be in them : (

hahahaha yes I found out that there were dragons in bushes the hard way the first time I tried her.

Her shield/armor/heal aura seemed pretty useful. The movement boost was pretty useless though.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Setting up a new Dell for a client, and it suddenly BSODs and won't turn on.

Thank goodness for Next-Day warranty service.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Also Zack Snyder is doing the new superman. I'm kind of leery on that. I mean I'm not a superman fan anyway, but Snyder is kinda being a one trick pony and its not even that great a trick.

Slo-motion is a pretty crappy trick.

Apparently he directed that armored owl CGI movie that just came out and it was tons of slo-mo owl battles.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I heard Natasha got severely buffed, but I haven't played since the SC2 beta.

Come, Feral, and craft stars with us.

There must be some secret to Natasha. I can never get a kill with it but the moment I'm in it's cone of death that's the fucking end for me.

Also the amount of Pyro's using that new flamethrower is wild.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So apparently Obama and Biden are unlockable in the new NBA Jam.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That was a hilarious video and so awful.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

YES!!!

So fucking bought.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    What does the new flamethrower do.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So it turns out that running in 50 degree weather during light rain sucks,

but when you take off your jacket afterward, you can see fog rising off our arms and chest. It was pretty cool.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    NSFW, lots of profanity, two partial n-words, but this story is hilariously wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6shj5YF25w

this was hilarious

Arch on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

Does less damage but lets you swap weapons like 60% faster or something. It still has the airblast as well.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

I think it's 25% less damage per second but you can swap to the shotty almost instantly.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

YES!!!

So fucking bought.

I really wanna get Biden on fire and do a dunk from the 3 point line.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.