As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Under ([Chat]) Pressure

1575859606163»

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    The more money you spend on Warhammer the better your mans are? You don't see the connection?

This isn't so?

Leitner on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Are there teleporters in Minecraft?

I've found the perfect place for my fortress of solitude, but it's literally a 5-10 minute walk from everyone, even without having to jump over all the mountains in the way.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The more money you spend on Warhammer the better your mans are? You don't see the connection?

Well except for the fact that "the more money you spend on Warhammer the better your mans are" is not a true statement, sure!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Superman movies are kind of stupid. Unless you're going to do some interesting exploration of the effects of Superman existing on the world, then there's nothing really going on in them: I mean he is pretty much invulnerable. What can you do with that?

I wrote a rough, fake-pitch for a Superman trilogy in Graphic Violence, and that was pretty much the approach I took for the third film. Following Luthor's attempt to ravage the world in the second film, Superman would have helped humanity rebuild by sharing his Kryptonian technology with them. The result would have been a transformation of the Earth into a mirror image of Krypton.

Coupled with the rise of a Kryptonian-influenced religion which imagines Superman as a messianic figure, Superman is forced to question whether his status as Earth's protector has caused him to derail human development. Now, in a world that seems more an more alien with each new generation, he's beginning to feel like the last true human on Earth.

Meanwhile, you'd have Darkseid as the primary antagonist, as his status as dictator of his hellish world serves as a representation of Superman's fears about himself and his role in Earth's development.

whoaaaa

Arch on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    [chat] is too big to fail.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Superman movies are kind of stupid. Unless you're going to do some interesting exploration of the effects of Superman existing on the world, then there's nothing really going on in them: I mean he is pretty much invulnerable. What can you do with that?

It's pretty much always Superman and the Slightly Different Kryptonite Delivery System.

and thus why i hate superman stories

Yep, he has one weakness. So barring some kind of pity, you are no problem for superman without a macguffin attack.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Like I said, outsider looking in.

Ludious on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I'm not trolling?

I think being upset over option microtransactions is silly.

disagreeing with the consensus is obviously trolling.

Dang, its almost as if the content and phrasing of his post couldn't have contributed to an instigating and trolling feel or something.

Like dang.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    Are there teleporters in Minecraft?

I've found the perfect place for my fortress of solitude, but it's literally a 5-10 minute walk from everyone, even without having to jump over all the mountains in the way.

DK is actively working on modding them in, I believe.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    [chat] is too big to fail.

oh no what have i done!

now i am the fatcat

Arch on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Give us a new chat, Inqui.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wait, Sarks, I'm confused. I thought up until like, I don't know, yesterday, you were a guy who thought college was super easy and a joke, and now you do bad on one test and think you have a learning disability?

I am confused.

I may be taking my professor's suggestion too seriously but for awhile now I've thought I had some kind of disadvantage that until now I was managing without outside help.

I've been having trouble the entire semester learning the material. I spent like three hours one day learning how to name chemical compounds and I still got serious points off in that part of the test. I'm good in other subjects but the sciences are kicking my ass. This is my first semester taking science courses.

whether or not they are supposed to, most college science courses seem to presuppose a strong familiarity with the subject and they also generally assume the students are a lot more mathematically advanced than they probably are.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.