As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help an old lady watch 90s TV online

Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
My mother has recently discovered that the internet can be used to stream television shows onto her magically flat LCD monitor.

She wants to watch Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman but doesn't want to do anything illegal.

I checked Hulu and I checked Netflix but don't know of any other sites that might have it or the legality thereof.

I know some episodes are on youtube but I'm not sure how legal that is either.

Does anyone know of any sites that stream old 90s dramas starring Jane Seymour?

Any help is appreciated.

Dunadan019 on

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    oh man, our family used to watch that show RELIGIOUSLY when i was a kid.

i'll do some poking around. have you considered box sets/seasons?

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    See if Netflix streams it.

MushroomStick on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Boxee is your best bet to see if anyone else is streaming it.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    oh man, our family used to watch that show RELIGIOUSLY when i was a kid.

i'll do some poking around. have you considered box sets/seasons?

yes, that's my backup plan.

she likes the convenience of being able to stop the movie any time without the hastle of a remote control....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    See if Netflix streams it.
    Duna's out of luck there. Currently, Netflix only has it for the DVD queue not the Instant Stream queue.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    google turned up this user on youtube who apparently has all of the seasons:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ConnieNick#g/p

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    google turned up this user on youtube who apparently has all of the seasons:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ConnieNick#g/p

that'll work!

now is haing movies like that over youtube legal? or is it just a case of noone caring?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    given the age of the series, probably the latter. i personally regard it in the same light as hulu/slashcontrol/etc. sites that have most current series.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The worst thing she would have to worry about with YouTube is them being taken down. She wouldn't get in any trouble.

Sir Carcass on