As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlefield 2 Issue

RitchmeisterRitchmeister Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
So I just bought this a couple of days ago, and it worked fine online at first. But now whenever I go to connect to my account at the start it says "Connecting to Account Server" (or something similar) and then just freezes there.

Any ideas? I don't think it's my firewall or anything as it is set to allow Battlefield 2, worked previously and no settings have been changed.

Ritchmeister on

• Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Properly patched?

Alternatively, their account server could just be down temporarily. I think that used to happen sometimes.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    RitchmeisterRitchmeister Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    There doesn't seem to be a new patch and this has been doing this for a couple of days now, so I'm quite stumped.

Ritchmeister on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I read the title as Battlefield 2 Jesus, and wondered what the hell it could possibly mean.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    kneeknee Registered User new member
    edited May 2007
    Mine did that on a fresh re-install. I just restarted the computer again and everything worked.

knee on
  • Options
    trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sorry to dredge up an old(ish) thread, but it was that or create a new one, and as this sort of covered my topic I thought I would post here first.

I have been having a rennais..rennaiss...renn......I have been getting back into BF2 recently after my total failure to get bf2142 to work on my machine, and have been enjoying myself immensely, but I have noticed an oddity - I have my multiplayer filter to only show ranked servers, however, some servers I join and after some time I will eventually manage to get myself a new award or ribbon etc only to have that ignored by the servers - i.e next time I log on I see I have not been awarded the ribbon/medal. Also, I do not get my points awarded to me so several hours of play is wasted as it does not seem to count towards my next rank/unlock.

Is this a common problem - is there anything I can do other than keep a notebook next to the PC where I can list servers that seem to work?

TIA

trevellian on
    McGough_EA.png
  • Options
    ViolyntViolynt regular
    edited June 2007
    A very common problem.

Another one is when you log into a server and you have none of your unlocks, I love that one.

Violynt on
    f4ded.png
    violynt.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My favorite used to be joining a server and then being promptly ejected by Punkbuster. It took me weeks to figure out which program was triggering PB.
    It was XFire :x

Kreutz on
  • Options
    Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Getting ribbons and achievements can sometimes take up to 2-3 days.. that's the longest I've ever had to wait. I remember how frustrated I was when I would get to a new rank and be unable to unlock the two guns I'd been playing for hours to get.

Now I'm at the rank where I might not even progress.. I'm supposed to play another estimated 40 hours to get the new rank. I really want a P90 and L96.

P.S. - Topics like this might be better in H/A and not G&T. Then again, I sometimes think there should be a technology H/A, as it's irrefutable that some of the people that responded in this topic from experience probably wouldn't have seen it in H/A - so maybe it's better here.

Black Ice on
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The past 4 days the stats server hasn't been working. It's pretty well documented on the EA forums and elsewhere.

They're saying you MIGHT get the numbers, but most likely they'll all be gone. I've been waiting to get an unlock since then and have probably earned 2k points, but they're all gonna be gone. Awful.

Anyway, anybody with special forces wanna help me get that L96 rifle? All you gotta do is login and connect to a server for me? :)

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    OK, so it's not an uncommon thing, and in particular the past 4 days have been 'iffy'.

Thanks for the info, and I will bookmark up the EA forums et al to try and avoid cluttering up the board with questions I really should have been able to answer myself if I looked around a bit (must be getting lazy in my old age).

:P

trevellian on
    McGough_EA.png
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yeah i got a couple medals this weekend, so i fucking want them.

NickTheNewbie on