As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MMA X: Captain Guillotine: Fear the man who has practiced one choke 10,000 times

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    how did rich franklin grow back his bones so fast
    didnt he break himself on chuck liddell's face?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yup. Rich broke his arm in his fight and then knocked Chuck out cold with said arm

and then he got his cast signed

wwmbm.jpg

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Yup. Rich broke his arm in his fight and then knocked Chuck out cold with said arm

and then he got his cast signed

wwmbm.jpg
    Nice shirt.
    babydollrearnakedgreyfr.jpg

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rich Franklin vs Forrest Griffin has been scheduled and it seems like Carwin/Nelson has as well

Did I miss something?

What happened to Jonny Jones vs Forrest Griffin? I thought that was happening for sure.

Dangerbird on
  • krapst78krapst78 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Jon Jones is scheduled to fight Ryan Bader on Super Bowl Weekend next year.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=12787&zoneid=13

krapst78 on
    Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father prepare to die!
    Looking for a Hardcore Fantasy Extraction Shooter? - Dark and Darker
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    Rich Franklin vs Forrest Griffin has been scheduled and it seems like Carwin/Nelson has as well
    Well those are one-sided fights.

I really wanted to see Mir/Nelson.

....?

One-sided for whom? I think they're both very tough to call.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    edited October 2010
    depends on whether carwin upgraded his gas tank
    i dont know if he can work his KO magic on roy
    roy has a pretty thick skull too

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    depends on whether carwin upgraded his gas tank
    i dont know if he can work his KO magic on roy
    roy has a pretty thick skull too

Huh, I thought he meant Franklin would destroy Forrest. Its a statement I think is pretty likely to happen but I still wouldn't call the fight one-sided, because Forrest can be hard to go down.

Nelson is poison to a guy like Carwin. A guy who gasses himself out by punching too much vs guy who gets punched but doesn't care. Wrestler vs BJJ. Very interesting, though of course Carwin should be favored.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Gonna have to go with Carwin and Franklin.

I'm still going cheer for Nelson, even though I abandoned fat people and went on a diet.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I want Roy to win so bad... he is definitely a favorite.

If he beats Carwin, does he hop Mir in the line to fight for the title?

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
    edited October 2010
    I don't really think Mir is in title contention right now. Weak fight against Cro Cop, quick knock out from Carwin.

If Roy Nelson beats up Cawin, you'd have to put him ahead of Mir.

I'd like JDS to be the next heavy weight title contender. He can crush cans all day, but lacks experience and wins against the top of the division. Maybe give him the loser of Valesquez vs Lesnar.

Edit: Looks like JDS is next in line for the title shot from his wiki page.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    JDS is a beast, I think he has the fight intellect to beat Lesnar. Carwin steamed in there and went into panic mode, then got an adrenaline dump and gassed. I think a guy like JDS or Cain would be more likely to work him there but not try so hard for the TKO they would gas, just let Brock know he is going to get more of this shit for 5 rounds....

Venkman90 on
    edited October 2010
    Well, Junior has shown he can go more than 2 rounds. That puts him ahead of Carwin.

Hell, if Junior's uppercuts turns out to be the new anti-grappling I'd be the happiest man.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm hoping for an eventual Nelson/Lesnar title fight. Not only coz I like both fighters and I'm interested in seeing how that fight goes down, but also for the potential of a Nelson/Lesnar TUF buildup. Sure that's not a very legit reason, but hey, that show would be total comedy gold

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    BubbaT wrote: »
    LnPers don't finish fights at all, giant hands or no. The difference between Brock's ground offense and Fitch's is pretty blatant. And I give GSP credit for improving his BJJ game, even though he couldn't finish Hardy with it, so I certainly give Brock credit for improving his, considering Carwin is a better grappler than Hardy and Lesnar actually finished him.
    Giant hands make a difference. It's the difference between the ref thinking "Oh, the top guy is staying active. Maybe I shouldn't stand them up" and the ref thinking "Oh, the bottom guy's face is turning into pulp. Maybe I should stop the fight." Lesnar basically tapped Couture to death.

I'm sure GSP could have finished Hardy too, if Hardy mysteriously morphed into a dead fish after round 1. In that case, GSP could finish Carwin as well.

Yeah Lesner totally taps people to death. You could tell none of these shots are actually damaging, the ref just stops the fight because Brock's hands are large.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/stickgrapplerblogspot/ufc/ufc100/UFC100-Lesnar-Mir2.gif

Frank's head is snapping like that because of his lightning-fast reflexes which are enabling him to roll with each punch.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    LnPers don't finish fights at all, giant hands or no. The difference between Brock's ground offense and Fitch's is pretty blatant. And I give GSP credit for improving his BJJ game, even though he couldn't finish Hardy with it, so I certainly give Brock credit for improving his, considering Carwin is a better grappler than Hardy and Lesnar actually finished him.
    Giant hands make a difference. It's the difference between the ref thinking "Oh, the top guy is staying active. Maybe I shouldn't stand them up" and the ref thinking "Oh, the bottom guy's face is turning into pulp. Maybe I should stop the fight." Lesnar basically tapped Couture to death.

I'm sure GSP could have finished Hardy too, if Hardy mysteriously morphed into a dead fish after round 1. In that case, GSP could finish Carwin as well.

Yeah Lesner totally taps people to death. You could tell none of these shots are actually damaging, the ref just stops the fight because Brock's hands are large.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/stickgrapplerblogspot/ufc/ufc100/UFC100-Lesnar-Mir2.gif

Frank's head is snapping like that because of his lightning-fast reflexes which are enabling him to roll with each punch.

So you see, Lesnar didn't beat Mir. Mir beat himself. He's the only one that can.

Shadowen on
    edited October 2010
    Shadowen wrote: »

So you see, Lesnar didn't beat Mir. Mir beat himself. He's the only one that can.

which is why he holds the zephyr sword

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Metal Jared on
    BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
    edited October 2010
    jared, i'm not sure you're allowed to post images or animations or any media for that matter that depicts frank mir in a negative fashion
    that might be grounds for nullifying the time served and restart the clock on that

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    i'm deeply confused, jared

from your av and sig (they're nice, by the way, where'd you get 'em?) it's clear you have an appropriate level of adoration for chairman mir, so your criticisms confuse me

also, i'd like to clear up some confusion about president lesnar

when mir was cranking on his leg, and lesnar was wildly tapping out in agony- that wasn't agony! he was trying to do the patented wwe maneuver where a tag team partner psyches up the crowd for his partner to get near him and tag him in. it's traditionally done by stomping with one leg on the mat, but lesnar's leg was... indisposed... so he improvised with his hand.

he was never in any real danger.

Organichu on
    edited October 2010
    jared, i'm not sure you're allowed to post images or animations or any media for that matter that depicts frank mir in a negative fashion
    that might be grounds for nullifying the time served and restart the clock on that

Good thing I wrote the terms of the bet and not you, I said I would change my signature, location, title and avatar. I never said that I would RESPECT the fact that I would change my signature, location title and avatar

Metal Jared on
    edited October 2010

Good thing I wrote the terms of the bet and not you, I said I would change my signature, location, title and avatar. I never said that I would RESPECT the fact that I would change my signature, location title and avatar
    FRANK FACTS: Frank Mir is disappointed in you.

edited October 2010
    frank mir doesn't need your respect

at this very moment he's snorting coke off arianny's ass while a hooker blows him; he has a gun pointed at the hooker's head

Organichu on
    edited October 2010
    Awe and what's on UFC Unleashed tonight? Lesnar vs. Mir II

Awesome

Metal Jared on
    edited October 2010
    i'm watching lesnar vs mir I

awww yeah

then i'm gonna watch him break sylvia's arm

if i'm not tired yet i might watch him knock out nog

then i'll probably fall asleep to him strangling kongo

Organichu on
    edited October 2010
    Ochu I'm surprised you didn't comment at all about the gun post two pages back.

edited October 2010
    haha i was going to but i figured everyone had already seen the interview where mir talks about concealed carry

Organichu on
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    haha i was going to but i figured everyone had already seen the interview where mir talks about concealed carry
    Well yes but have you seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEwRrv3MwDM

edited October 2010
    Watching Unleashed Mir just told Brock he needs to hit harder. Apparently Brock agreeed, especially since Mir later said he hits like a girl
    Ask and you shall recieve

Metal Jared on
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is that Frank Mir's Dad outside the cage waving at the ref?

Dangerbird on
    edited October 2010
    Maybe my signature after the month:
    mir-lesnar-postfight.jpg
    Or maybe:
    1787316.bin?size=620x400
    Mir kinda looks like a zomie in this one

Metal Jared on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Its almost like the people in the house tend to be emotionally immature

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man Jared, dlinfiniti was just joking around

And it was pretty funny too :lol:

adytum on
    edited October 2010
    Kos is the WORST COACH EVER. GSP can't destroy him enough in their fight.

Kos only cares about winning the game, GSP cares about his fighters getting better. It's shocking to see who's winning...

Metal Jared on
    edited October 2010
    adytum wrote: »

Yes I know what I was doing is called "Playing along" or perhaps "Playing the heel"

FYI:
    Organichu was joking as well! It's a secret to everyone!

:D

Metal Jared on
    edited October 2010

Yes I know what I was doing is called "Playing along" or perhaps "Playing the heel"

FYI:

Sounded more angry than funny but I don't get all this wrastlin terminology. ;)

Honestly, I hope Organichu has set off an avatar bet arms race, and future bets result in horrific av/sig combos.

adytum on
    edited October 2010

FYI:

Sounded more angry than funny but I don't get all this wrastlin terminology. ;)

Honestly, I hope Organichu has set off an avatar bet arms race, and future bets result in horrific av/sig combos.

While I do not agree with B:L's assessment that Brock has no punching power, Orgnaichu's stuff is hilarious to say the least. How can I not spout venom though! It makes the signature/avatar all the more ridiculous like I have multiple personalities, one pro Mir and one Anti Mir

Metal Jared on
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I find it kind of hilarious that the native English-speaker has to get subtitled while the Albanian goes subtitle-free.

This was actually a pretty good fight. The beginning was very exciting. Anyone surprised by the result? I'm not.

Shadowen on
    edited October 2010
    i bet lesnar's palm is still black'n'blue from tapping out to chairman mir

Organichu on
    edited October 2010
    All the TUF episodes are online.

I might be able to catch up on it this weekend.

adytum on