As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WRAITH VICTORY!!!!!!!] KoPv.1: The Caves of Phalla

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    If there's a seer out there, whether in possession of the seer item or not, you might consider contacting me so we can try to find the cultist, our number 1 priority right now. I've got several races of people contacting me at this point and we need to find out who to go after in the coming days here.

Alright, so why are we trusting you again Ardor? Because following the chain of events you get your shield stolen round 1, then say absolutely nothing about it until after the round 2 narration. If you were a gnome or a cultist who steals people swag waiting until then would allow you to seal off the only person who could contradict your "I started with the shield" claim and if you were a gnome you could bounce an attack off your mates newly acquired shield and pretty much get everybody thinking that you are definitely not a gnome, like we currently have.
    To the people who somehow believe Tehspectre more than myself and some others, I'd be curious as to why you think he was telling the truth. Perhaps some of you know more than you are willing to say.
    ...and now you start flinging random accusations around. Ardor, you know that vigilantes (or any non-evil controlled kill) greatly helps out the village in the long run. I know you know that and Spectre has at the very least proven that he controls the rippy kill.

Consider the issue with his death condition. Why are we told whenever any item whatsoever is destroyed? Why do items used on Spectre always break? It's because Spectre is a self contained bit of game code. He's alive so long as items exist (possibly just certain items.) But a normal guy can't destroy an item, and having to kill people holding items that start with humans is a huge detriment to the village. The answer? Any item holder can destroy their item by targetting Spectre. If all the item holders do this then we have no more Spectre. It all hangs together very nicely and is actually fairly balanced and creates interesting situations for Spectre and us.

Now what exactly more do you want verified? You've said yourself in this very thread that when you lie you try and keep it as simple as possible. Spectre's PM is not simplistic, it is fairly detailed. The only real thing we could doubt is his win conditions, do you really suspect that the Win of the long dead king is to revive the DSDMT (or whatever) and wreck chaos? It doesn't follow.

It makes even more sense that Spectre contacted you who certainly gave the impression that an "Item"-work was forming around. He desperately wants to know where the items are so he doesn't accidentally off himself. It's why he wants to side with the village with no preamble. The village started with the items.

That you haven't thought this through greatly worries me. You're usually keener than this and in several cases you've seemed to do things and take stances that hinder the welfare of the village. I'm left with little conclusions but that you're evil.

A cultist would have to be exceptionally lucky to pull off what you did. Now the cultists have been incredibly lucky and you may have thought you'd just need a day or two to pull off the rest of the kill. I still think this is an unlikely scenario.

A gnome now would only need the help of his gnomish brethren, which he already knows. One of them gets the shield (through thievery or even murder) and protect you and target you the same night. You're allowed to claim your unverifiable story and look like a hero, great Gnome-Stopper. While you'd inevitably be outed you might just get a nice list of specials to impart to your gnomish brothers. Hell, at this rate you seem to be doing a good job at neutralizing the vigilante third party. Since people are sheep they're following your voting leads, even when it leads to our specials being murdered in retailiation (after they'd been warned) so you can guarantee you won't bandwagon a brother and you have the smallest sample size of anybody to find the cultist.

I was trying to be quiet and wait until we found the cultist to point this out but if all our specials are really contacting we desperately need the seer item holder to not go anywhere near you. You may be our best chance to nab the cultist but at this rate we're totally fucked in the gnome fight if everybody is really trusting you as it seems.

I think the balance is that you're either an incredibly ballsey Cultist or a clever and resourceful Gnome. Take it as a compliment when I !vote Ardor for Death.

As an aside, if I'm right you've done an amazing job this game. Good show.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    A vigilante only helps the village when the odds of hitting a bad guy are roughly equal to the odds of hitting a good guy. USually when in a network, this happens much sooner rather than later. We don't have a network right now.

I've already noted the risk involved with contacting me and I've been working with a couple of people since day 2. Obviously they are not coming forward, but we'll see what happens later today when everyone is able to discuss last night's events.

You're welcome to waste the night's vote on me only to find out I'm a human as I claim, but we don't really have a lot of time left. Since time is valuable, I feel we needed to take more risks and that any successful gamble the gnomes or cultist took would severely hinder our chances of winning this game.

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    It's pretty simple really. The gnomes had an incredibly small chance of getting the shield on day 1 only to protect me on day 2 and attack me if I am indeed a gnome. That's a very small chance, if you want to gamble on that chance, I cannot blame you, but I will guarantee that you will waste everyone's time in doing so. Unfortunately, only the narration results will show you this much.

As the cultist. Yeah, I've got the same chance everyone else had of being the cultist. You cannot defend yourself with the shield, which means I never had possession of it and someone randomly guarded me, so I took advantage of it. Sure, that's possible. However, why would someone randomly guard me? The gnomes, if they have the shield, would rather guard one of their own in the event they actually guard the cultist by accident and anyone else would randomly guard someone.

I don't see why you'd think I was the final cultist when I had nothng going against me the whole game. Coming out into the open and being verbal like this is a huge risk since those people tend to be the first targets everyone sees.

I have no items and no abilities, so I cannot prove anything to you guys in this thread. All I can tell you right now is that I'm being protected at this time and I'm in contact with two thieves, a stonecutter group and a small network with a seer. I can only verify the thieves, but the others have some merit in what they said to me.

If you kill me, the small assembled group will be fine, they may get another mouthpiece. I'm not in contact with any unknown races though, so I hope anyone with a different race out there either stays safe somehow. Since we have a seer with us, feel free to come forward so we don't zero in on you.

Ardor on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'll go with !vote Lignisse for now. Again, I'm skeptical of the bandwagoning.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited May 2007
    A vigilante only helps the village when the odds of hitting a bad guy are roughly equal to the odds of hitting a good guy. USually when in a network, this happens much sooner rather than later. We don't have a network right now.

Every bit of math I've done and every simulation I've seen the results of has shown that even completely random kills taken from the entire population pool increase the odds of a village victory. The big issue is that gnome kills will never include a gnome and cultist kills will never include another cultist. While the cultist kill has some minor upside for the village it is heavily outweighed by the possibility that he'll instant win whenever he hits the last race(s).

Oh fuck. Reviewing the first nights narration to try and firm up my proposed timeline I find this:
    Buzz Buzz, the two bolts of evil green magic-fire were aimed at them and they both promptly died. Neither one of their bodies changed shape (indicating that they were both human), but the tourists couldn’t help but notice that Buzz Buzz’s body seemed to glow a strange blue color, which was soon followed by an unearthly shriek.
    That seriously makes me doubt my item theory. That looks far more like the "anchored" spirit idea where his life is linked to x number of others. Fuck. It was such a clever idea.
    It's pretty simple really. The gnomes had an incredibly small chance of getting the shield on day 1 only to protect me on day 2 and attack me if I am indeed a gnome. That's a very small chance, if you want to gamble on that chance, I cannot blame you, but I will guarantee that you will waste everyone's time in doing so. Unfortunately, only the narration results will show you this much.

Well my proposal wouldn't rely upon the probability of the gnomes getting the shield day one, that'd be the triggering action for the course of action I believe you to be following.
    As the cultist. Yeah, I've got the same chance everyone else had of being the cultist. You cannot defend yourself with the shield, which means I never had possession of it and someone randomly guarded me, so I took advantage of it. Sure, that's possible. However, why would someone randomly guard me? The gnomes, if they have the shield, would rather guard one of their own in the event they actually guard the cultist by accident and anyone else would randomly guard someone.
    I'd be shocked if anybody truly guarded people at random. You claim you had the shield day 1, did you guard at random? I think the chances of somebody guarding a consistent and effective mouthpiece are much higher than any other given person. I was thinking you were capitalizing upon that.

Really I'm very uncomfortable about the early day three claim of shieldbearership. It gives you time to have sealed off any potential counter claims if you were evil. It just looks way too convinient to me.

I will say that I don't think you'd be the cultist. That requires very dangerous play on your part if you were. I'm still unconvinced at the moment that you're not a gnome. I can see you focusing heavily upon finding and killing the cultist before the inevitable betrayal in that scenario.

*sigh* I've got to think about this some more.

!retract Ardor.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited May 2007
    I guarded Munkus, I think I stated that some time ago. I did that purely because I've seen him die on day 1 so many times in the games I've played with him. I felt I could give him one more day of life is all, then someone took my shield.

Ardor on
  • life3life3 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If you kill me, the small assembled group will be fine, they may get another mouthpiece. I'm not in contact with any unknown races though, so I hope anyone with a different race out there either stays safe somehow. Since we have a seer with us, feel free to come forward so we don't zero in on you.

Feel free to come forward? I was with you, Ardor, up until your last sentence. What threat is your allegedly small assembled group to anyone that you are suggesting specials reveal themselves to you?

If you are the village's network, you can't possibly have enough members to swing a majority vote. So what do specials have to fear? How exactly will your 'network' zero in on people?

life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
    edited May 2007
    SOP for networks at this point is take two unknowns, they seer one and lynch the other. It reduces the non-network pool quickly and keep any network members off the chopping block.

The threat is simply if you contact Ardor you're far more likely to go into the Seer pile than the Lynch pile.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited May 2007
    life3 wrote: »

Feel free to come forward? I was with you, Ardor, up until your last sentence. What threat is your allegedly small assembled group to anyone that you are suggesting specials reveal themselves to you?

If you are the village's network, you can't possibly have enough members to swing a majority vote. So what do specials have to fear? How exactly will your 'network' zero in on people?

Whether it's a good or bad thing, people are listening to me. You're welcome to blame me for killing snacksonaplane, but I had nobody else to work with at that point, but I still got him voted out.

We don't have many days left, the seer(s) have a choice to make. They can wait it out and hope to get lucky, or they can take a risk and contact me using someone they've seered innocent so we can try to avoid killing people who help the humans out. Cutting down on targets helps tremendously.

At this point, I've got some people talking with me, but I shouldn't be in the only 'network' going on here for the humans. It's a fair risk and I can't tell people the right thing to do, but I do offer this option of contacting me and taking the risk that I'm a human who wants to kill both gnomes and cultists.

Ardor on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So, I warned you guys I may kill a special in retaliation. Meh.

I don't know how I feel about Ardor right now, but I am 2 for 3 on my gnome killing abilities.

I am going to target Munkus Beaver this round as I am getting some weird vibes off him. Everyone seems to love this dude because of being the Japanese tourist stuff, but I think it is just a loveable cover.

As of this moment, Munkus will die tonight.

@ Jdarksun - I said that I had to ally a side to win. I have done so and cannot retract this decision. 2 gnomes down so far, how many do I have to kill for you guys to trust me? I don't want to kill another good guy special.

So yeah, your king has spoken.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ardor, do you have any proof or anyone that can corroborate your story. I'm sorry to call suspicion on you but honestly at this point it feels like you are trying to lead us around to death. You claimed a witch hunt on anyone that does not vote on the person that possibly could have killed you for your vote, lowering the likely-hood of your own death and in the end bringing the cultist one step closer to victory (I do realize it was supposedly a random death yet it still worked out quite convenient for the cultist) despite other ideas and options having been listed.

Typhus733 on
    edited May 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

how many do I have to kill for you guys to trust me? I don't want to kill another good guy special.

I don't think you will ever get our trust. You had one chance to be completely forthcoming and you withheld very pertinent information, such as your a) partial immortality and b) allegedly permanent alliance. The result is a very cult-friendly wraith; killing humans, gnomes, and specials.

For future reference, this is a very bad way to get people to trust you.

life3 on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

If Spectre is protected from death, he dies?

Dude, don't you know? People die when they're killed.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

how many do I have to kill for you guys to trust me? I don't want to kill another good guy special.

I don't think you will ever get our trust. You had one chance to be completely forthcoming and you withheld very pertinent information, such as your a) partial immortality and b) allegedly permanent alliance. The result is a very cult-friendly wraith; killing humans, gnomes, and specials.

For future reference, this is a very bad way to get people to trust you.

In his defense, exactly what he said would happen happened. Frangel was colateral damage and despite what ardor had said should not have voted to kill TehSpecte. I voted for him because I am a non-special human, so it didn't matter if I died. We tested him to make sure he wasn't lying, and for all the parts that we can confirm... he wasn't. Now we have to decide if we should trust him or not.

All I will say is in the past when TS acted like this, he was killed off and he was found to be true to the cause. I say we work together, but remain separate for now.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2007
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    Ardor, do you have any proof or anyone that can corroborate your story. I'm sorry to call suspicion on you but honestly at this point it feels like you are trying to lead us around to death. You claimed a witch hunt on anyone that does not vote on the person that possibly could have killed you for your vote, lowering the likely-hood of your own death and in the end bringing the cultist one step closer to victory (I do realize it was supposedly a random death yet it still worked out quite convenient for the cultist) despite other ideas and options having been listed.

In retrospect, the witch hunt was not really a good call at all, but I was hoping to get some reactions out of it that I can analyze. As it is, we've had several days go by and due to whatever reasons, there's smoe inactivity going on. Without debate or posts from everyone, we have virtually nothing to go on other than random number generators. If people don't post, we don't have anything to review to choose targets.

I know of a single person that can be protected each night, that's with the shield. At this point it is not worth asking someone else to come forward knowing that one of us will die. If it costs me my life to prove a point, I may have to make that trade but we also lose a day and I would have to risk naming my successor of this very small group, a risk they probably don't think is worthwhile right now.

I can't offer you anything of proof at this time because it costs us the life of a special or a human with an item.

EDIT: While I don't think it's going to help, I did have someone contact me saying they were seered alongside myself and we were both human by a seer. That's all I have and since anyone could make something like that up, I didn't feel it would help my case at all.

Ardor on
    edited May 2007
    In retrospect, the witch hunt was not really a good call at all, but I was hoping to get some reactions out of it that I can analyze.

I knew this is why he made the statement, because I think Ardor knows as well as anyone else that we can't afford to lose any specials. Unfortunately, at least 1 special fell for the bait and we're paying for that now as we are one step closer to a cultist victory. I understand what he was trying to do there, but it would have been a damn good strategy for a bad guy... making our specials fear accusation if they didn't vote.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2007
    In his defense, exactly what he said would happen happened.

Frangel was colateral damage and despite what ardor had said should not have voted to kill TehSpecte. I voted for him because I am a non-special human, so it didn't matter if I died. We tested him to make sure he wasn't lying, and for all the parts that we can confirm... he wasn't. Now we have to decide if we should trust him or not.

None of that defends him, however. Withholding information is just as devious as lying. It would be one thing if TS does not disclose his conditions for death, but how would it have hurt him to inform us that he's immortal?

Not until after voting closed did TS post "hey btw guys, I'm immortal!" It is as if he wanted us to waste our vote kill.

Not until we questioned his allegiance did he disclose the information that he is locked in with us.

Also, what are the chances of his retaliation kill hitting a special? I'm going to assume that because of widespread advisement from multiple people, that not many specials would place that vote against him. At least one did, and he died.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about this "wraith" now. It would certainly be too large a risk to go after him again. Too time consuming to attempt quirky things to dispose of him through unknown death mechanics. Dare I say we are forced to work with him, at the mercy of his true motives(whether he's with us or against us)?

life3 on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Quit worrying about Ardor and Spectre. Start looking at the inactives.

Gut has me wanting to cast a vote against Lignisse or visiblehowl.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2007

Frangel was colateral damage and despite what ardor had said should not have voted to kill TehSpecte. I voted for him because I am a non-special human, so it didn't matter if I died. We tested him to make sure he wasn't lying, and for all the parts that we can confirm... he wasn't. Now we have to decide if we should trust him or not.

None of that defends him, however. Withholding information is just as devious as lying. It would be one thing if TS does not disclose his conditions for death, but how would it have hurt him to inform us that he's immortal?

Not until after voting closed did TS post "hey btw guys, I'm immortal!" It is as if he wanted us to waste our vote kill.

Not until we questioned his allegiance did he disclose the information that he is locked in with us.

Also, what are the chances of his retaliation kill hitting a special? I'm going to assume that because of widespread advisement from multiple people, that not many specials would place that vote against him. At least one did, and he died.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about this "wraith" now. It would certainly be too large a risk to go after him again. Too time consuming to attempt quirky things to dispose of him through unknown death mechanics. Dare I say we are forced to work with him, at the mercy of his true motives(whether he's with us or against us)?
    Let's spice things up a bit, shall we?

You are the wraith!

You were an ancient king who made the Caves of Phalla his tomb. Your spirit has rested in peace since you were buried, but the Gnomes’ terrorist attack disturbed your grave and now all you want to do is help one side achieve victory so that you can get back to sleep. Edited for death requirements. Each round you may select one person to kill. Also, if you are ever targeted to be killed, a member of whichever group voted to kill you will be killed in retaliation (so if the Gnomes target you, one of their members will die. If the village votes to kill you, anyone who voted for you has a chance of dieing. The retaliation target is random). Also, if someone targets you with an item, the item will be destroyed and the user of the item will be revealed in the same night's narration; you will also be revealed. If you are targeted by the vote to be killed your role will be revealed in that night’s narration.

Your goal is to ally one side and help them achieve victory.

Look at the two bolded parts. The first part was bolded by him. He spelled it out very plainly that he has special death requirements and that if he was targeted one of the group that targeted him would be killed. I don't see how he was withholding information.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2007
    Seriously, I'm gonna just go with Ardor and Spectre both being on the up and up (like me! :D) and focus on other people's signs instead.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    Seriously, I'm gonna just go with Ardor and Spectre both being on the up and up (like me! :D) and focus on other people's signs instead.

Yeah, I agree. Unfortunately, with the enormous level of inactivity during the early part of this game it's going to be hard nailing inactives.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So.

robothero had a gnome avatar, and was a gnome.

DA and Infidel have gnome avatars.

coincidence?

:P

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    So.

coincidence?

DA having David the Gnome as his avatar makes me want to kill him.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I !Vote Saburbia, on the basis of... well. I randomly picked him out of the list based on how the current dead people are arranged and I had a small hunch that he might possibly be a Cultist or Gnome. It's a wild shot but I don't have any better leads.

If there's someone that deserves it more, I'll move my vote to that.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So.

coincidence?

DA having David the Gnome as his avatar makes me want to kill him.

David the fucking Gnome..I hate DA now.

Shamus on
    edited May 2007
    My avatar is clearly promoting the apprehension and incarceration of gnome-kind. :^:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Something's still bugging me about you, though. Perhaps it's the "(like me!)" bit in yout post, trying to be eager to make it clear you're after the forces of evil.

Dunno. Gonna sit on it a bit.

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    My avatar is clearly promoting the apprehension and incarceration of gnome-kind. :^:

Some gnomes are just proud of their mugshots. Kinda like that expedia gnome that likes to take pics of himself all over the globe.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Seriously,I did everything but come outand say I was immortal. What the hell do you want from me?

Are you stupid?

Edit: I am not killingMunkus this round. Someone else strikes me as...off.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007

I don't know how I feel about Ardor right now, but I am 2 for 3 on my gnome killing abilities.

I am going to target Munkus Beaver this round as I am getting some weird vibes off him. Everyone seems to love this dude because of being the Japanese tourist stuff, but I think it is just a loveable cover.

@ Jdarksun - I said that I had to ally a side to win. I have done so and cannot retract this decision. 2 gnomes down so far, how many do I have to kill for you guys to trust me? I don't want to kill another good guy special.

The very bad mistake is made!

*weeps*

Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    ooOoOoOOoooOOoooO

I did not have a gnome avatar until I died, revealing the fact I was a gnome.

ooOoooOoOooooOOOoOoOOoOo

Unknown User on
    edited May 2007

The very bad mistake is made!

*weeps*

You're safe for now, so stop crying ;p

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I have no real good leads to go on but cj iwakura is giving me hinky vibes.

That and Celebrim's lack of a spreadsheet.

Discuss.

Mazlo on
    edited May 2007
    Mazlo wrote: »
    I have no real good leads to go on but cj iwakura is giving me hinky vibes.

That and Celebrim's lack of a spreadsheet.

Discuss.

Or your unfounded accusations and freaky avatar.

Edit: omg guys, post something, im bored......

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2007
    Since Grundl is bored, I'll make another post.

We have ~3-4 days left with 26 people left and around 7 dying each day. It's about time to make some decisions.

First off, I'm in contact with a group of people, one claiming to be a seer, the others human seered. I'm also in contact with a group of stonecutters and two thieves.

This seer group stated I'm a human, for what it's worth.

It's an obvious risk, but with only a few more days to go, I'm asking people with items, special abilities or a race that hasn't been killed yet to contact me. We do have the shield in our possession right now and while that exists, can offer protection to preven the cultist from winning this game, which even the gnome should appreciate right now.

Please consider your options carefully. I ask that people start to come forward since I also need to make sure we don't stab, vote or incinerate (wraith kill) any more new races.

Ardor on
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'll work on a spreadsheet tonight, I swear.

As for my opinion, it seems TehSpectre warned us away from a vote kill and has killed a gnome. I don't think he's going to tell us how to kill him, if that's what your asking, I can't see any benefit for him. In terms of proving himself, it seems there may be a network forming, why don't they give him a target in private (or several choices). They must have some suspects, and giving him 3/23 names not in the network is far from handing him a list of the known special races. It's not like he'd be able to miraculously smoke out the last cultist on demand in any case.

As for Ardor, I'm amazed he even wanted specials to contact him. I figured he'd be avoiding any network associations after Vampire, so I'm hopeful he's a Human (humans-only were given items if I remember right). Then again, I thought Squashua was a good guy in Phallanoia so I'm probably too optimistic.

Hopefully I'll have something resembling a suspect of my own by this evening, for now I'll hold off.

Celebrim on
    edited May 2007
    Celebrim wrote: »
    I'll work on a spreadsheet tonight, I swear.

As for my opinion, it seems TehSpectre warned us away from a vote kill and has killed a gnome. I don't think he's going to tell us how to kill him, if that's what your asking, I can't see any benefit for him. In terms of proving himself, it seems there may be a network forming, why don't they give him a target in private (or several choices). They must have some suspects, and giving him 3/23 names not in the network is far from handing him a list of the known special races. It's not like he'd be able to miraculously smoke out the last cultist on demand in any case.

As for Ardor, I'm amazed he even wanted specials to contact him. I figured he'd be avoiding any network associations after Vampire, so I'm hopeful he's a Human (humans-only were given items if I remember right). Then again, I thought Squashua was a good guy in Phallanoia so I'm probably too optimistic.

Hopefully I'll have something resembling a suspect of my own by this evening, for now I'll hold off.

I'm pretty sure I know how tehspectre dies, I'm also pretty sure I'm not the only one who knows from past experiences.

As to trying to coordinate a network? I'm the only one I'm in contact with that can have any chance of being successful at gathering allies, everyone else in the game is too much of an unknown minus tehspectre. At this point, I'll do the vocal dirty work and we'll find a way to prove my worth later.

Ardor on
    edited May 2007

We have ~3-4 days left with 26 people left and around 7 dying each day. It's about time to make some decisions.

First off, I'm in contact with a group of people, one claiming to be a seer, the others human seered. I'm also in contact with a group of stonecutters and two thieves.

It's an obvious risk, but with only a few more days to go, I'm asking people with items, special abilities or a race that hasn't been killed yet to contact me. We do have the shield in our possession right now and while that exists, can offer protection to preven the cultist from winning this game, which even the gnome should appreciate right now.

Please consider your options carefully. I ask that people start to come forward since I also need to make sure we don't stab, vote or incinerate (wraith kill) any more new races.

First of all, <3

Anyway, we are definitely pressed for time here. With the amount of people that will die tonight we need to make the most informed choice. Ardor isn't 100% confirmed, only the person who stole the shield from him knows this 100%... and if the person claiming to be the seer is telling the truth, he will know as well. I would think this is up to each and every special to decide on their own. It's a huge risk telling Ardor what you are, but is it a bigger risk than trying to go about it alone? Remember... we don't have much time.

Also, Ardor with the number of unknowns in this game, how do you know that the cultist won't claim to be a special race? The cultist must be getting pretty desperate right now, it honestly sounds like claiming to be a special race and being protected would be the only way to cultist victory right now. We don't have time to wait around on seers.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2007

First of all, <3

Anyway, we are definitely pressed for time here. With the amount of people that will die tonight we need to make the most informed choice. Ardor isn't 100% confirmed, only the person who stole the shield from him knows this 100%... and if the person claiming to be the seer is telling the truth, he will know as well. I would think this is up to each and every special to decide on their own. It's a huge risk telling Ardor what you are, but is it a bigger risk than trying to go about it alone? Remember... we don't have much time.

Also, Ardor with the number of unknowns in this game, how do you know that the cultist won't claim to be a special race? The cultist must be getting pretty desperate right now, it honestly sounds like claiming to be a special race and being protected would be the only way to cultist victory right now. We don't have time to wait around on seers.

Why should he bother? The cultist probably needs to kill a maximum of 1-2 more people to win this game and that can be done without contacting me. We'll find the resources to verify everyone. We've got enough heads together to have a decent idea as to what else to expect here, at least we hope so.

We'll see if anyone wants to come forward to pm me or not, it will only increase our chances of winning this. As much as I'd be interested in dealing with the gnomes, we cannot afford a truce with them at this time as in 3 days we need to pretty much mop up them as well if we want to win.

I'm happy to roll the dice with what we've got, but coming forward means our odds will increase.

Ardor on
    edited May 2007

First of all, <3

Why should he bother? The cultist probably needs to kill a maximum of 1-2 more people to win this game and that can be done without contacting me. We'll find the resources to verify everyone. We've got enough heads together to have a decent idea as to what else to expect here, at least we hope so.

We'll see if anyone wants to come forward to pm me or not, it will only increase our chances of winning this. As much as I'd be interested in dealing with the gnomes, we cannot afford a truce with them at this time as in 3 days we need to pretty much mop up them as well if we want to win.

I'm happy to roll the dice with what we've got, but coming forward means our odds will increase.

I was just thinking, if the cultist comes forward as a special race and is believed he could be protected by the shield and hope to nab the real final special race. Since you said you have the resources to verify everyone, I guess this is not an issue and the cultist should be screwed now.... as long as the shield is being used to protect the final race.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png