As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini Phalla] Disney Phalla- Welcome To Yensid:: Game Over! Village Victory

12345679»

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yes, Duny's doing that was fantastic.

and I hated him for it.

hated him.

also, hate the RNG.

So sorry....

I did not want to be special.

I was actually debating between revealing, letting the vote just kill me and withdrawing...

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    as a side note:

this explains why I revealed as the seer.
    Hello all,

sorry for the little deception but I am not actually the seer.

I am the red queen and I am the guard. I decided to pretend to be the seer because I didn't want the mafia to kill me once they asked the simple clarification about guards being able to selfguard nor did I want to claim to be the vig since the real vig would then vig me.... and since it was a vanilla game, I didn't have the option of claiming a busdriver or some other special. all in all, it worked out pretty well until last night....

last night I guarded godmode (the reals seer who seered me on day 1) and he was attacked by the mafia (hence their lack of kill) unfortunately, if anyone with any experience at all is on their team they will kill me tomorrow after assuming that the guard doesn't trust me and wasn't guarding me. unfortunately, I am the guard and will turn up as yellow just like markir (who was one of the 5 village specials, vig, seer, guard and 2 masons). then, they may assume that I was the seer or they may assume that I wasn't the seer since I won't show up as the magic mirror and thus I had lied and since it explicitly calls out a red scepter intercepting their kill on godmode, they may come to the conclusion that I was the guard and was guarding godmode who they would probably kill tomorrow.

Read more: http://cryogeniczombie.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1#ixzz11f4eRGgD

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Twice in one night: died so the village could win. Sigh.

godmode on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You were responsible for killing me in the other while there were a boatload of special gods around to kill instead so screw you!
    edit:
    godmode wrote: »
    To answer your question, MrBlarney, I targeted Alegis with my second kill because he was talking too damn much.

hahahahahahah

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha, ok all is forgiven

Alegis on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well played Duna! I had you pegged as the seer, god as the vig, and DJP### as the guard (he was being quiet, too quiet). I figured you were gambling on a, "I know that they know I am revealed and likely guarded, so I will pass off my guard to protect the vig for a night."

Also Mafia proboards: http://sassylassie.proboards.com/index.cgi (still need to be unlocked by ahava or mordroth)

I really enjoyed this game, even though my mustache gambit got me a lot of early attention! We should do more vanilla minis as it is nice to get back to our phalla roots once in awhile.

Thanks for running Ahava!

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, epic revealing as the guard would be dumb as hell. :) Dunadan did the right thing.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    We needed to take out the seer to have a shot, and we never pegged them, so! The seer had GREAT aim.

Duna did a great job and kept having our kill target guarded, even on day 1. His strategic reveal helped the village enormously.

ronrab on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Good way to give an example of what to do...but randoming him as the guard is just silly in a newbie game.

Bad dice Ahava!

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Not my dice! Infy's dice.

All on orokos.

also, I would unlock the mafia boards, but i was given the cheap admin powers... not the real admin powers so I can't......

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    your turn Rawk

Is...is it my turn to make the newbies suffer?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I was really looking forward to this vanilla phalla, then shit happened over the weekend and I pretty much missed the whole thing.

Looks like everyone had fun though, good job Ahava!

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That makes me sad.

I had a list of three suspicious people. 2 of them were mafia..... And I voted for the ONE villager. Gah!

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Infidel wrote: »
    Yeah, epic revealing as the guard would be dumb as hell. :) Dunadan did the right thing.

this does give me a nice kind of segue into what I wanted to mention before but was too tired.

Me revealing as something I wasn't had it's own set of risks even revealing as the seer. my fear was that someone who had more experience had landed the seer part, read the op, deduced that there was only one seer and that he was it and either revealed himself on day 1 or (more likely) seered someone else to do a reveal on day 2 and denounce me (where I would probably die unless I could do some very fast talking to explain my reasoning).

Gambits all have their risks so you shouldn't try one lightly if you want to win.

lying also has the effect of lowering your reputation across the community. for instance, someone who constantly states that he's evil is eventually discounted as just lying about being evil. someone who constantly calls vig kills will end up being less believable if he is actually the vig. lie sparringly and you will be more convincing. this game may seem like a series of individual quick games... but reputations and information does carry across in the overarching meta-phalla game.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Which is why, even though I respect duna a hell of a lot as a player, I started the first day bandwagon against him since this was supposedly a newbie mini

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png