As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MMA X: Captain Guillotine: Fear the man who has practiced one choke 10,000 times

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    All right Kos that whole Speedo thing was a little...yeah.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    While I do not agree with B:L's assessment that Brock has no punching power
    Never said that.

Brock's fists are light.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Shadowen wrote: »
    I find it kind of hilarious that the native English-speaker has to get subtitled while the Albanian goes subtitle-free.

This was actually a pretty good fight. The beginning was very exciting. Anyone surprised by the result? I'm not.
    First round, I thought the kid was going to land the standing RNC, but once the older guy got out there was little he could do. Second round the kid rolls into a RNC like he was tired of fighting.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Brock with a beard is badass...

Sig bet for Cain/Lesnar? (I want Lesnar)

^May want to spoiler that Peter for the people that haven't seen the ep.

In regards to the ep:
    Is anyone else starting to worry Alex (Bruce Leeroy) may be turning into a Jager? When I first saw Jager in the entrance fights I loved him, but as the season began to progress he was a mondo douche...

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It's the hair. On an MMA fighter, hair like that is the most telling indicator that Douche Cancer has spread to the brain.

Shadowen on
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Decent episode of TUF

Also, someone gets leg kicked to oblivion in the next episode by a Muy Thai guy. ( I love potent leg kicks )

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    edited October 2010
    Quote of the week also goes to Josh;
    Josch wrote:
    "The harder you work now the later you'll get rewarded."

I don't think that is a good thing

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Neli wrote: »
    Quote of the week also goes to Josh;
    Josch wrote:
    "The harder you work now the later you'll get rewarded."

I don't think that is a good thing

Ugh, I know. Didn't someone post here telling us how the Kos team was getting worn down by their style of training, so they weren't at peak performance for their fights to advance?

And for whatever reason, I see the big mouth on Alex "Bruce Leroy" as him playing his house mates for chumps, kinda reminds me of Mitrione more than Yager but I can't put my finger on why. Or maybe that is the wrong comparison, I just remember watching that scene play out like he wanted the other guy to be stupid enough to throw down and next thing you know, he has one less opponent to face because they were kicked off the show. I know my wife still likes Bruce Leroy despite his big mouth and at least in part because of his big mouth yammering on. I figure I'll probably stop cheering for Alex the first time he loses a fight.

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    "WHY DIDNT YOU LISTEN TO THE GAMEPLAN

WHEN YOURE ON THE BOTTOM, SWEEP,SUBMIT, OR GETTUP"

Genius.

Further tidbits of advice from Josh

Josh on Boxing:
    When you are boxing, dont get hit, Hit the other guy.

Josh on Warfighting:
    When they are shooting you, dont get hit. When you shoot them, dont miss.

Josh on Chess:
    Dont let them near your king. Make sure to checkmate them.

Josh on Golf:
    When you tee off, hit it in the hole.

Josh on public speaking:
    Dont stutter, remember your speech.

Josh on wrestling:
    Pin the other guy.

Josh on Football:
    When your team is on the defensive, intercept, or dont let them score.
    When your team is on offense: score a touch down.

Also, screw sherdog. I was just reading their forums, and something started installing. SO now I get to spend my day running virus scans.

CangoFett on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    I'd report you for awesome, Cango, because I'm absolutely dieing over here, but I don't think a majority of people would get it.

JustinSane07 on
  • BayesianBayesian Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    “The harder you work now, the later you’ll get rewarded.”

words to live by

Edit: oh whoops missed Neli's comment

Bayesian on
    edited October 2010
    Brock's beard took me by surprise. o_O

When exactly did he start growing that thing?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited October 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »

He's had a beard every now and then. When he was on his long break, you could see him with a beard as well. I just think he likes beards but for some reason never kept one for long. Perhaps for image reasons? I dunno

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • NargorothRiPNargorothRiP Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i hope he keeps it. nice flowing beard and a stein of mead with his battle axe firmly lodged in Mir's thick cranium at the end of the rubber match!

NargorothRiP on
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Brock makes me think of a Viking or something with that beard. I think its a good look for him, he should continue with the epic beard, perhaps braid it and start dancing to techno or something.

Seriously though, I really do think he looks less, I don't know how else to put it, less dickish with the beard but still looks like he could break me with a look. Plus, when I think of Brock beardless, I think of his WWF/E days, so that's another plus for keeping the beard.

And did anyone else watch the promo stuff where they were showing him just really start packing muscle on his frame in those older wrestling videos? It was quite the stark transition, makes me wonder if I could ever pack on the muscle, I seem to be stuck as lean for life.

As to who will win in Cain vs Brock? I haven't the first clue, I have them at like even odds in my mind, I think both have an equal chance of finishing the other.

Kos on the other hand, I think GSP is just going to dominate him. I just don't see Kos as all that bright / wise just stubborn as they come, mindless training indeed.

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    And did anyone else watch the promo stuff where they were showing him just really start packing muscle on his frame in those older wrestling videos? It was quite the stark transition, makes me wonder if I could ever pack on the muscle, I seem to be stuck as lean for life.

Eat more food, lift more weight. :P

I'm also finding it a bit easier as I'm getting older.

adytum on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010

15 minutes before they shot the footage.

Dynagrip on
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If Brock grew a viking beard I would probably go from being mostly ambivalent about him to rooting for him.

Yougottawanna on
    edited October 2010
    It's true, beards change everything

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

thats why the likes of chuck norris and kimbo slice have used it to great success
    it hides the true location of your chin
    if carwin couldnt beat you before, theres no way he can beat you with a beard obscuring your KO button

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I want to keep this beard conversation going.

If Brock keeps that beard he will move up a handful of places on my favorite fighter list. He has the look to make that beard work and he can clearly grow it pretty darn well for a blond guy.

WAR VIKING BEARDS!

DemonStacey on
  • [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I laughed. I'm also thinking of growing a beard!

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
    edited October 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »

15 minutes before they shot the footage.

Brock didn't start growing a beard; his hypertrimming nanobots, which continually keep his facial hair in check, are simply on the fritz.
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

thats why the likes of chuck norris and kimbo slice have used it to great success
    it hides the true location of your chin
    if carwin couldnt beat you before, theres no way he can beat you with a beard obscuring your KO button

So what you're saying is...beards can hide a weak chin?

Shadowen on
  • doug_grammardoug_grammar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Being on Koscheck's team starting to look like a death sentence.

doug_grammar on
    edited October 2010

I've got faith that token asian guy Nam Phan can represent and make it another round :^:

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I've got faith that token asian guy Nam Phan can represent and make it another round :^:

Andy Wang.

Also Jesus Christ I didn't care much for Douche Leroy last episode, now I'm just not a fan at all.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Speaking of the glorious beard, here are the primetime videos on Cain Velasquez and Brock

Part I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg1qbpQ5_Eg

Part II
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYK8azvOaug

For those who missed it

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That's Henry Rollins doing the voice over! Intense.

With the beard, we can finally give Brock an appropriate nickname, Skallagrimson.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm sure this has been posted but:

celebrity-pictures-brock-lesnar-reward-neck.jpg

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It's not lost. His traps ate it.

adytum on
  • ForumiteForumite Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Don't forget that "Strikeforce: San Jose" is tomorrow

Nick Diaz vs KJ Noons rematch. Here's the first fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-yicG3f77M

Even if you are new to MMA and have no idea who these guys are, you might want to tune in because it might be a real fun fight.

Oh and these guys hate eachother. No fake hate either, they just seriously despise eachother. This, hopefully, will make for some entertaining fighting tomorrow

Forumite on
    33tp6w6.gif
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    For B:L and Organichu
    Shanetweet.jpg
    Shanetweet2_medium.jpg

BubbaT on
    edited October 2010
    I must admit, I've never heard that comparison before.

Shadowen on
  • doug_grammardoug_grammar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Carwin's got a sassy mouth now, but he's speaking the truth.

doug_grammar on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    seriously though, i always thought carwin was the serious silent type
    whats with him shooting his mouth off all over now

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Beating the shit outta the champ has got to give you some serious confidence. He's probably training heavily on how to properly pace himself and tons of cardio work.

If Brock is still champ next time Carwin gets his shot, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him win.

Cabezone on
  • [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Forumite wrote: »

Nick Diaz vs KJ Noons rematch. Here's the first fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-yicG3f77M

Even if you are new to MMA and have no idea who these guys are, you might want to tune in because it might be a real fun fight.

Oh and these guys hate eachother. No fake hate either, they just seriously despise eachother. This, hopefully, will make for some entertaining fighting tomorrow

I thought I had seen that fight, but apparently not.

Is it just me, or was Diaz moving really, really slowly in that whole fight? Especially the takedowns and the ground work. I know he's no takedown artist, but he looked like a guy deep in the 3rd round instead of someone who just started a fight.

I also believe thats the fight where Diaz said the only way he'd be beaten is via cut.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    [Tycho?] wrote: »
    Forumite wrote: »

I thought I had seen that fight, but apparently not.

Is it just me, or was Diaz moving really, really slowly in that whole fight? Especially the takedowns and the ground work. I know he's no takedown artist, but he looked like a guy deep in the 3rd round instead of someone who just started a fight.

I also believe thats the fight where Diaz said the only way he'd be beaten is via cut.

I always heard that too, and afterwards saying again that he only lost because of the cut. But I'd never seen the fight until now. It looked like he got shut down pretty good throughout that whole 5 minutes.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think it's widely acknowledged by everyone except Nick Diaz (and his camp) that he was losing that fight pretty significantly before it was stopped. What was he going to do after that first round? Noons wasn't just stuffing the take-downs, he was actively countering them. We all know that anything can happen in a fight, but Noons was very clearly winning before it was stopped.

Inquisitor77 on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well, there were some circumstances surrounding the first fight.

Diaz claimed he had an excruciating time cutting weight to 160, and he also said he had been slowed down in his training by staph, previous to the fight. Back then at that specific period he didn't look too good against other opponents either and was generally slow and ineffective for some time. A few fights later he started looking better.

However, the staph thing and weight cut issues could just be excuses so who knows.

Also, this rematch is at welterweight (Diaz natural weight) unlike the first fight. This is interesting because Noons is really a natural LW, so it'll be fun to see if Diaz will have the strength this time to get his takedowns or not.

Oh, and Noons is a big underdog on betting lines so if you think the second fight will be a repeat of the first you should probably bet a few dollars

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg