As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So this Falwell fellow is dead...

A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
edited May 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
LYNCHBURG, Va. - The Rev. Jerry Falwell — founder of the Moral Majority and the face of the religious right in the 1980s — died Tuesday after being found unconscious in his office, a Liberty University executive said.

Discuss.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
A Dabble Of Thelonius on

• JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    He was old. I am not surprised. He was kinda hefty so maybe heart problems.

JJ on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh! Whack-a-Mole!

mcdermott on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    *Mocks Dead Homophobe*

Plutonium on
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    "Lynchburg, VA"?

How appropriate

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hehe, on the MSNBC website they have an advert with people dancing around just underneath the first part of the story.

Far as actual discussion goes, would it really be that easy for someone to take his place. Would have thought his name had kind of a 'brand' that got recognition and made his comments newsworthy rather than just something said by some crazy person somewhere.

Tastyfish on
  • GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    To be honest, they've already taken his place. James Dobson and Pat Robertson are vastly more influentual than Falwell recently, Dobson with Focus on the Family, and Robertson with the 700 club.

Most of his recent comments seemed like feeble attempts at putting himself back in the spotlight.

Glaeal on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    DAMMIT PEOPLE

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.