As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So NA finally has a Club Nintendo: register crap to get free crap

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't even know and my native language is English, and I thought I had watched a lot of Friends.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    RockinX wrote: »
    Its possible that Nintendo's research indicates that advertising Layton is either not effective or maybe not necessary at launch because its sales are not heavily frontloaded. In the latter case they may do a Lisa Kudrow style thing for Christmas.

I know that Lisa Kudrow was Phoebe in Friends, but I'm not sure what the expression "Lisa Kudrow style" means (My native language is Spanish, not English, bear in mind). Can you please elaborate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXMRNx_Sayg

Rent on
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    Its possible that Nintendo's research indicates that advertising Layton is either not effective or maybe not necessary at launch because its sales are not heavily frontloaded. In the latter case they may do a Lisa Kudrow style thing for Christmas.

I know that Lisa Kudrow was Phoebe in Friends, but I'm not sure what the expression "Lisa Kudrow style" means (My native language is Spanish, not English, bear in mind). Can you please elaborate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXMRNx_Sayg

I see now, thanks.

That was her totally acting like Phoebe.

RockinX on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs and Wii Party are both up for intend to buys, just so you guys know.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Does anyone want a registration code for Pokemon Diamond? A US code is no use to me. To swap for an unused EU code would be favourite.

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Æthelred wrote: »
    Does anyone want a registration code for Pokemon Diamond? A US code is no use to me. To swap for an unused EU code would be favourite.

I'd be glad to take a code off your hands but I'd much rather see you get something in return...and I have no EU codes to speak of.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kirby's Epic Yarn is up for intend-to-buy. You cannot resist the yarn physics.

Also Wii Party, if you care about that kind of thing.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    if anyone has a Wii Fit PLUS (not original) that came with the BALANCE BOARD (not the standalone game) - I could really use that code.

I could trade you a standalone Wii Fit Plus code, or possibly something else if I have something around.

Deusfaux on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have all these NDS games. I've bought more today.

How do I register them? Where do I find the numbers? I should probably register my XL while I'm thinking about it.

I figured it out. Registered everything. Must get more points.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »

How do I register them? Where do I find the numbers? I should probably register my XL while I'm thinking about it.

Just don't go over 800 in a year.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2010
    Vegan wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »

Just don't go over 800 in a year.

RockinX on
    edited October 2010
    What happens then?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    600 is the level you get the platinum reward. You want to stop there to maximize your coin potential for future years, that is unless there's something you want to buy that's worth more than 600 coins and has a good chance of no longer being there after the year's over.

Opty on
    edited October 2010
    Ahhh. Well, unless I'm buying 3DS games like crazy, I doubt I'd get this many points all over again next year. Even then, the launch should be inside of this year's coverage...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited October 2010
    You'd be surprised how quickly you can get to 600. I'm already halfway there, and it hasn't been that long since the last cutoff, and I don't consider myself someone who buys a ton of Nintendo games. If you're lucky enough to buy a Wii game with an Intend To Buy, that's 60 coins.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If I do all the surveys that's available right now I will be up to 570 points for the next reward. And I'm sure I'll buy at least one game before the deadline. That'll be three platinum rewards in a row. 8-)

Taya on
    edited October 2010
    What is the platinum reward?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The platinum reward's revealed after the cutoff date. This year's reward is a Mario & Co figurine and the previous year was a Mario hat or Wii Punch Out downloadable content.

Opty on
    edited October 2010
    Pokepark Wii: Pikachu's deviant adventure is up for intend to buy, if you're into such things.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    Looks like they finally fixed their system, and I'm getting coins for taking the surveys available (didn't work when it first premiered, so I just never bothered).

Now that it's working, when's the next cutoff date?

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
    edited October 2010
    The cutoff date is June 30th of every year.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited October 2010
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/06/fans-available-through-club-nintendo-starting-tomorrow/
    Nintendo just sent us a note alerting us to a new way to spend Club Nintendo coins: the sensu (Japanese paper fans) released in Japan this April. They'll be available on the North American Club Nintendo site tomorrow, October 7, in four designs: Mario, Animal Crossing fireworks, Animal Crossing faces, or Blooper. Just in time for ... the scorching fall heat?

Each fan will cost 300 coins, equivalent to one of those silly Wii Remote stands. Sorry to tempt you during your ongoing quest to collect enough points for the Game & Watch Collection 2.

I'm getting both Mario ones. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The Mario fan does look kind of cool, but God dammit Nintendo of America... where are my soundtrack CDs? And awesome SNES-inspired classic controllers, and soforth? grr... I'm actually a little amazed we aren't just getting another DS game case or a set of stickers or something...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited October 2010
    fans106.jpg

The blooper one is wonderful.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited October 2010
    Blooper one is a little too plain IMO. Mario one has fantastic art tho. I think I'm definately getting that (with my damn 1000 coins that I have yet to find anything to buy with - though I have considered the Zelda posters)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't think it's so much "plain" as "elegant", but lol opinions.

Cervetus on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I like how it's just Blooper, I think that shows a lot of restraint. In prior years they might've thrown on Cheep Cheeps and baby Bloopers and those invincible jellyfish and the big mouth fish and a bunch of background scenery. None of that's needed, just one minor character and a great minimalistic design.

Even the Mario one feels more trendy, more "pop art." Nothing wrong with that I guess, I just think it's neat they decided to make the other one too.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited October 2010
    I guess I just wish the Bloopers were a little bigger. I dunno.

Warlock82 on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I guess I just wish the Bloopers were a little bigger. I dunno.

29198731.jpg

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited October 2010
    That Blooper one WILL be mine. Too bad I won't have it in time for my wedding the day before Halloween, it's at a Japanese garden and it would've made great decoration.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I knew I was saving up coins for a reason. I'm going to get the Mario fan and the Blooper fan.

Taya on
    edited October 2010
    Oh hey, I completely forgot these are up now. I'll have to grab the mario one tonight.

Warlock82 on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    how many coins are these?

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    edited October 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    how many coins are these?

300 each

Warlock82 on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The Mario one is cool, and depending on size I'd likely mount one on my wall somewhere, but I think I'm gonna get the pink animal crossing one for my girlfriend as she like both Pink AND Animal Crossing!

That will leave me with 60 coins. Time to start the long climb back up to 800 for G&WC2

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited October 2010
    I ordered the Blooper one last night, and I plan on mounting it on the wall also.

I have 200 more coins so I need 100 more in order to get the Mario one also.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited October 2010
    I'm 20 coins short, so I went on Virtual Console and bought Majora's Mask (since they put it up after December 08 or whenever it was they started giving coins for VC) and I didn't get shit in my account. Boo. Yes, my account is linked to Shop Channel.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2010
    I'm 20 coins short, so I went on Virtual Console and bought Majora's Mask (since they put it up after December 08 or whenever it was they started giving coins for VC) and I didn't get shit in my account. Boo. Yes, my account is linked to Shop Channel.

You need to wait a few weeks. I was on the same boat with Trials and Tribulations, but I got the post-play survey for it after waiting for a while.

Though, let me tell you that you'll only get 10 coins for Majora.

RockinX on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I could actually get all 4 fans. I'm not going to, but I may get the Blooper one. It looks awesome.

SirUltimos on
    edited October 2010
    Though, let me tell you that you'll only get 10 coins for Majora.

Yeah, I know, I stopped caring about the immediate need of the fan when I saw that it doesn't ship till the end of the month anyway and that the coins weren't immediately in my account, so I bought Ocarina with the rest of my Shop coins (I know it doesn't give any Club coins).

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.