As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

F-bomb on the Cleveland Show

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    they seem to have specific categories to separate metal and plastic tubes

ingenious

Franko on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TheStig wrote: »
    more foods should be in tubes.
    Like steak.

canburger.jpg

#pipe on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    that is a cylinder, not a tube

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am honestly at a loss as to what there could possibly be to discuss about squeezable tubes
    New kinds of plastic?

optimal shapes for squeezing?

I just don't know

obviously you are not an industry insider

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There's no way it would come out looking like that.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    tube con 2010

i enter the convention hall, feeling eyes on me like flies drawn to rotting meat. tube con is reportedly about product tubes for toothpaste, ketchup, shampoo; you can find all here. but it's truly a gallery of the slow degradation of the american man, a circus freakshow line-up of shrunken manicured hands, glistening combovers, and tucked-in buttondown shirts with gaudy patterns drawn over them like a toddler's first fumbled attempt with a washable marker

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Did you know that Go-Gurt is just yogurt?

I hope nobody made this joke already

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    actually the Tube Council's headquarters is in Canada

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am honestly at a loss as to what there could possibly be to discuss about squeezable tubes
    New kinds of plastic?

optimal shapes for squeezing?

I just don't know

obviously you are not an industry insider

it's people like him and opinions like that which causes society to still be so blindly invested in jars when they don't understand the joy and convenience of tubed goods

Franko on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wonder how hard it would be to get into Tubecon

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Tubecon is very exclusive

it is for industry insiders only and you would not believe the wild parties they throw

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Just tell them you're with Cardboard Tube.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mike and Jerry should try and get in on it

do an ad campaign starring the CTS

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    so just to be sure tubecon IS a real thing and someone didn't just make it up as part of a gag post, right?

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    if you think cardboard tubes have anything to do with what the Tube Council is trying to achieve then you'll never get in

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    so just to be sure tubecon IS a real thing and someone didn't just make it up as part of a gag post, right?

no it's real

I don't know if it's called tubecon or not but they mention that they do two yearly trade shows for the tube industry

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Get the scientists working on the tube technology immediately

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    the broken dreams of a thousand middle americans are strewn across the tables of each booth in the form of a wide and brilliantly colored variety of tubes. i stared at a display rack of anodized blue aluminum epoxy tubes and all i could see were the tassels of future university graduates who found themselves with a pregnant girlfriend out of high school.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The Counc' wrote:
    About Membership

Qualification: Membership in the TCNA shall be composed primarily of organizations engaged in producing products or services directly related to the North American collapsible squeeze tube industry and who agree to comply with the Council Standards of Conduct.

Any person meeting this criteria, including the condition that an applicant for membership shall be solvent and shall not at the time of application be the subject of an FTC or other governmental antitrust investigation or legal proceeding, may become a member of the Council and shall subscribe to the By-Laws and pay such annual dues in accordance with the established schedule.
    Competitive considerations may not be a factor in any application for membership. All applications for membership shall be reviewed by the Council's Membership Committee.

As used in these By-Laws, the term "person" includes individuals, partnerships, and corporations. The privileges of a corporate member extend to all other corporations which themselves qualify for membership and which are affiliated with a member as its subsidiary, as its parent corporation, or as another subsidiary of its parent corporation: Provided, that companies so affiliated shall be regarded collectively as a single "member" for all purposes under these By-Laws, and membership rights and obligations in the Council shall be carried in the name of the affiliated company first applying for membership or designated as the member of a group of affiliated companies.

The name of the Council shall not be used by any member as a means of promoting its own business.

Regular Membership: Regular voting membership (Board of Directors) in the Tube Council shall be limited to companies engaged in the production and sale of collapsible squeeze tubes for consumer goods packaging in the United States, Canada and Mexico.

Each member (Director) shall be entitled to one vote on any matter duly before the membership at any meeting, which vote may be cast in person or by proxy duly authorized in writing.

Non-Voting Membership: Except where specifically noted, the following membership classes shall have no vote nor be eligible to hold office in the TCNA. Any person meeting the applicable criteria as specified by the Board of Directors, may become a non-voting member of the Council subscribing to the By-Laws and paying the annual dues in accordance with the established schedule. Competitive considerations may not be a factor in a decision on Non-Voting Membership.

Associate Membership: Associate Membership shall be available to any person representing a firm or corporation engaged in selling products or services to members of the TCNA or provide apparent value to the Tube Council. Policies governing the participation of Associate Members shall be determined by the Board of Directors. An Associate may serve as a member of the Board of Directors if nominated and elected. Associate Members may chair or serve on committees.

Trade Journal Editor: Trade Journal Editor Membership shall be available to any person representing a firm or corporation engaged in distribution of journals, magazines, newsletters, or reports serving the packaging or related industries. Policies governing the participation of Trade Journal Editors shall be determined by the Board of Directors. A Trade Journal Editor may serve as a member of the Board of Directors if nominated and elected. Trade Journal Editors may chair or serve on committees.

Packaging Schools: Professors and students of registered Packaging Engineering or Packaging Design undergraduate or graduate programs may be eligible for Packaging School Membership. Policies governing the participation of students and professors shall be determined by the Board of Directors. Packaging professors and students may not serve as a voting member of the Board of directors and may not chair nor serve on any TCNA committee. Professors and students may be invited as guests to participate in TCNA functions at the discretion of the Board of Directors.

Life and Honorary Membership: Life and Honorary Membership without voting rights may be conferred upon members of the council, Industry VIPs, and any individual who has demonstrated excellence in achieving the objectives of the TCNA or the Tube Industry at such time and under such terms as the Board of Directors shall determine.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    Gonna punch all your grandmothers.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think you guys are underestimating the power of the tube. Or have you never shopped in the shampoo aisle? There are millions of shampoo aisles.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There's a Cleveland Show?

What the hell is going on?

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Pretty sure the only thing I have that comes in a tube is my toothpaste

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Tonkka wrote: »
    There's a Cleveland Show?

What the hell is going on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHXZ-UMLY60

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Pretty sure the only thing I have that comes in a tube is my toothpaste

I came in your butt tube.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    The Geek wrote: »

sorry, we all can't watch phineas and ferb and go-bot babies, the geek

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The Geek wrote: »

We've already moved on to Tubecon, geek

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I am not amused.

Please somebody, end this thread.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    i get lost in the eyes of a beautiful woman who, having mistaken me for a buyer, is now earnestly explaining the many advantages of polycarbonate tubes over aluminum ones.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    you can't just end the tubecon thread, man

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    fuck

the word is fuck

it is not a bomb, it is a word

L|ama on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    FUCK the DRAFT

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man according to their website, the tube council was set up in 1938. And they have a tube of the year awards ceremony!

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    know what sucks so bad

that transformers show

the shitty anime one

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    of course they have tube of the year

that's what started this whole thing to begin with

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    there are a lot of shitty anime Transformers shows, Rane

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

r...really?

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    know what sucks so bad

that transformers show

the shitty anime one

Once again, Rane knows what is up.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Metal Tube Advantages

The metal tube is air tight and impermeable and has "no suckback." These properties give superior protection to contents, keeping them fresh and uncontaminated through long periods of intermittent use. Internal linings applied to the metal give it added compatibility for products that are highly alkaline or acidic. The metal tube is the only one of the three tube types that is seamless.

Plastic Tube Advantages

Plastic tubes are lightweight, leak-proof, durable, and nonbreakable. They are used for products like hand creams, shampoos, and various other cosmetics and toiletries, such as cleansing creams, facial masks, and tanning lotions. They are also used for food, pharmaceuticals, household, and industrial products. The plastic tube has a memory -- it goes back to its original shape after squeezing. It maintains its attractiveness throughout the life of the contents and the tube remains smooth after squeezing.

Laminate Tube Advantages

Laminated squeeze tubes offer a form of tube material with the advantages of plastic but with barrier properties close to those of metal. Laminated tubes have a good "feel" and maintain their attractiveness throughout the life of their contents. The first laminated tubes were used primarily to package high-volume products like toothpaste, but now are used for many other products ranging from denture adhesives and artists' paints to hair-care products and pharmaceuticals. A subset of laminate is Polyfoil.

Metal, plastic or laminate, the tube is efficient and attractive.

The tube, the perfect container, has become an essential part of our daily life.

Suckback is just the worst.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Raneados wrote: »

r...really?

depending on who you ask, anywhere from three to five

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif