As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

IT'S BRUUUTAL!! (Metalocalypse Thread)

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Flying hoverdrums over Mozambique... who does that?

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Haha. I really love these focus on one band member episodes. Too bad there are only two more episodes left in this season. =(

Also.. why did his brother need 5 million dollars?

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Cuz he's a mooch.

JustinSane07 on
  • Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fantastic episode.
    The singing doctor caught me totally off guard and was hilarious.

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    He is my awesome robot friend!

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Commander 598Commander 598 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kirbith wrote: »
    Also.. why did his brother need 5 million dollars?

Dude, why do I need 5 million dollars? These are questions which have no answer.

Commander 598 on
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This entire rock opera from this episode had better be on the next Dethklok CD. It should be its own disc.

I just wish Pickles used his metal voice more through the spoken song parts of it. It started slow but then when that singing voice kicked in it just turned epic.

Best part was the doctors' choir.

edit: Ah, checked Wiki to make sure. I thought Tenacious D had something to do with this.

DanHibiki on
  • HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This was the most "Home Movies" of Metalocalypse i've seen, and it was damn near perfection.

HooverFan on
    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Why do you have to say awful things about this show? Home Movies was terrible.

JustinSane07 on
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

You're terrible. Home Movies was great, especially after they mercifully killed of Squigglevision after the first season.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • RanadielRanadiel Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Pickle's metal voice was awesome and I hope we get to hear more of it in future episodes. The demon doctor's scene caught me off guard and I was happy. :D

Ranadiel on
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ranadiel wrote: »
    Pickle's metal voice was awesome and I hope we get to hear more of it in future episodes. The demon doctor's scene caught me off guard and I was happy. :D

I think that was entirely JB's work so we might not hear it unless Tenacious D come back for another guest spot.
    That's the dumbest post I've ever seen on the internet.

DanHibiki on
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

What, really? There are people out there who have this opinion? People who also like Metalocalypse?

They're very similarly constructed shows. Both very good. Especially if you can stomach Home Movies Season 1 animation and get to Season 2

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I liked the scribblemation of season 1. It's not like animation was really the point.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Exactly, but I do know people that only "got" it by the second season and was then able to enjoy the first season.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Visti wrote: »

What, really? There are people out there who have this opinion? People who also like Metalocalypse?
    They're very similarly constructed shows. Both very good. Especially if you can stomach Home Movies Season 1 animation and get to Season 2

My wife is one of those....people.

She says it's because of the crappy animation and horrible art design, but I keep trying to tell her that's not what it's about and then she asks me what it is about and I ....end up drawing a blank.

"Fuck, It's funny! that's all you need to know!"

Inter_d on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Inter_d wrote: »
    Visti wrote: »

My wife is one of those....people.

She says it's because of the crappy animation and horrible art design, but I keep trying to tell her that's not what it's about and then she asks me what it is about and I ....end up drawing a blank.

"Fuck, It's funny! that's all you need to know!"

You should just need to show her anything with McGuirk and you wouldn't have to worry about the conversation anymore.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dethrisiduals was a wonderful, wonderful Take That against Papa Roach and the like.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My friends were like that with Metalocalypse. Most of them only "Got" it by a handful of episodes in and then really enjoyed it.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited October 2010
    I want either an iphone dock, or a full size kegerator version of drum machine.

complete with attachable heroin needle!

Captain Vash on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah that last episode had me laughing the other time. Amazing fucking song. I hope they release the whole thing put together on their next album.

UEAKCrash on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I love a solid Dr. Rockzo episode, the ending was perfect

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
    edited October 2010
    But there isn't anything I won't do, to hang out with Mickey Mouse!

edited October 2010
    "He's making decisions with his dumb gay heart."

Also, the entire canceled show montage at the start was brilliant. Twenty condoms worth of cocaine!

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    oh wait

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    wrong forum for fun :rotate:

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited October 2010
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Also, the entire canceled show montage at the start was brilliant. Twenty condoms worth of cocaine!

Oh definitely agreed! Also, he drank a big thing of acid? Awesome. I love Toki. And his poor little messed up childhood. Makes me sad that we only have one episode left this season. :(

Kirbith on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kirbith wrote: »

Oh definitely agreed! Also, he drank a big thing of acid? Awesome. I love Toki. And his poor little messed up childhood. Makes me sad that we only have one episode left this season. :(

I think it was LSD.

Does anyone else actually like Zazz Blammymatazz's songs?

Caise I do.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited October 2010
    Yea it was LSD for sure. They called it acid but the jug said LSD on the side.

Kirbith on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Uh, acid is a nickname for LSD.

You know, dropping acid.

Sir Carcass on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    We use the Queen's English over here Carcass.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well blimey

Sir Carcass on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    "Well, the 'Act of God/Fire' clause of our contract saved us again."

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    OMFG that Mickey Mouse line nearly killed me. I don't think it would have been nearly as hilarious if anyone but Nathan said it.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    edited October 2010
    I notice we haven't seen the Tribunal or the Revengencers for a long time, and there's only one episode left. I hope it's as epic as last season's finale.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
    edited October 2010
    I notice we haven't seen the Tribunal or the Revengencers for a long time, and there's only one episode left. I hope it's as epic as last season's finale.

yeah. season one was very formulaic in that almost every episode focused on the tribunal monitoring dethklok.. yet we have seen very little of them at all this season.

Captain Vash on
    edited October 2010
    Stop yelling at us! :(

So damn funny.

• EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

yeah. season one was very formulaic in that almost every episode focused on the tribunal monitoring dethklok.. yet we have seen very little of them at all this season.

Well...fixes that. :)

This definitely felt like they were returning heavily to the big plot, assuming they actually have one and aren't making it up as they go. Considering the song was called "This is the beginning" was a decent hint. It's also the rare sign that Dethklok might actually be a force for good in the end.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I was wondering if they were going to return to the whole "upcoming Apocalypse" thing this season. Fucking finally.

Don't get me wrong, there have been some very, very funny episodes, but the hints dropped with Charles' return were pretty much the first time this series piqued by curiosity, instead of just giving me a laugh at the boys screwing up inadvertently.

Synthesis on
    edited October 2010
    Uhhhhh.

Shit.

what was that with the formerly diefordethklok.com guy being all wired up in the secret basement?

Captain Vash on