As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ATTACK OF THE THIRD DIMENSION - IN 3D!!!

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    because fuck this gay earth

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I hope MODOK has a MODAM alternate skin

Centipede Damascus on
  • WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    wishpig you are terrible for trying to find MODOK haters

absolutely terrible

I didn't try to find them :(

They were just THERE.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That excellent X-Men arcade game is coming to XBLA and PS3 this fall

TexiKen on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeeesss

dibs on Nightcrawler forever.

Robos A Go Go on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You'll have to fight me for it, Robos. I ACE that game with Nightcrawler.

Tach on
    edited October 2010
    saying it here like I am saying it everywhere

forever Dazzler

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited October 2010
    TLB is right. Dazzler had the best special move, a proximity blast thing.

It's just no one ever wanted to play as her because girl characters ewwww.

TexiKen on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    TLB is right. Dazzler had the best special move, a proximity blast thing.

It's just no one ever wanted to play as her because girl characters ewwww.

Playing as Dazzler should result in an instant Game Over.

From shame.

Solar on
    edited October 2010
    doggies just ain't know from alison blaire

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited October 2010
    doggies just ain't know from alison blaire

"Aretha don't need no light show."

Solar on
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    LordSolarMacharius on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That looks awesome.

Only 18 months till it premiers. Aww yeah.

Seriously, that wait will suck.

HadjiQuest on
    edited October 2010
    There was supposedly a 10 minute clip of the Young Justice cartoon shown at NYCC that I hope finds its way onto youtube.

TexiKen on
  • NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So does Bruce Timm or Paul Dini have anything to do with any of these new animated series or have they moved on to other stuff?

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • Silver_MageSilver_Mage Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bruce Timm is involved in the new Green Lantern cartoon.

Silver_Mage on
    edited October 2010
    Paul Dini is working on Ultimate Spider-Man with Jeph Loeb, Bendis, and Man of Action.

I really don't have much hope for that show. Dini does a pretty good job most of the time but I think his writing can be really dry other times, and I pretty much can't stand Man of Action. Bendis seems to be the only sure fire winner there for that particular show, unless Jeph Loeb is magically much better at writing animated shows than he is at writing live action or comics.

Edit: Also it's really weird because Dini and Man of Action have been essentially lifers with Warner Bros/DC Animation until now.

HadjiQuest on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    I pretty much can't stand Man of Action.
    Really? I thought that Ben 10 (what I saw of it anyway) was surprisingly good. Not DCAU-level good, but definitely a solid show for the demographic they were shooting for.

Munch on
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    I pretty much can't stand Man of Action.
    Really? I thought that Ben 10 (what I saw of it anyway) was surprisingly good. Not DCAU-level good, but definitely a solid show for the demographic they were shooting for.

I've enjoyed Generator Rex. It's simple but still neat.

And considering the MOA team is also made up of mostly well known comics writers including one with a recent ASM run under his belt, I wouldn't be that negative.

In fact, MOST of those people save Dini and a few of the men of action have cranked out great Spider-man stories.

The series could be good or bad, but it's too early to render a verdict before seeing an episode

MastaP on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Paul Dini is working on Ultimate Spider-Man with Jeph Loeb, Bendis, and Man of Action.

I really don't have much hope for that show. Dini does a pretty good job most of the time but I think his writing can be really dry other times, and I pretty much can't stand Man of Action. Bendis seems to be the only sure fire winner there for that particular show, unless Jeph Loeb is magically much better at writing animated shows than he is at writing live action or comics.

Edit: Also it's really weird because Dini and Man of Action have been essentially lifers with Warner Bros/DC Animation until now.

A cartoon is a much bigger investment, so there's probably more editorial oversight than Loeb is used to. In terms of actual censorship, there's not only the usual standards-and-practices people, but also the advertisers, who don't want to sell cereal on a show where the Wasp gets eaten. Studios and Networks (like Marvel Animation and Disney) will want to prevent advertisers from leaving and protect their own family friendly image.

Normally, I hate censorship in all its forms, but someone needs to tell Loeb to stop depending on shock-value.

TeaSpoon on
    edited October 2010
    I'm just really afraid that we're going to end up with something really episodic and detached, with no real character development from episode to episode. Those are how the Man of Action stories and Dini's comics typically play out, and when they announced that there would be a strong focus on team ups, it worried me even more.

So, basically, I'm afraid we'll end up with a characterless spider-man that never matures at all. Pretty much the opposite of Spectacular or of the real Ultimate Spidey book.

HadjiQuest on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ultimate Team-Up was pretty good, I thought.

I mean, not as a flagship title for the Ultimate line, but as side stories for Spider-Man. They should just make a separate Ultimate Team-Up show for Dini and Man of Action, and leave Ultimate Spider-Man to Bendis. Speaking of Bendis, how was that Spider-Man show from 2003? That should give us some indication of how he writes for television.

[EDIT] Holy shit, I've got the 2.222th reply to the thread.

TeaSpoon on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Anyone find it weird that we've gotten footage of the Captain America tie in BEFORE the Captain America trailer, the non-leaked Thor trailer, or even footage of the Thor videogame...

EDIT: Apparently it's not a direct tie-in. My bad.

Undead Scottsman on
    edited October 2010
    SO... did we get any cool new info on the Thor movie?

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.

edited October 2010
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Ultimate Team-Up was pretty good, I thought.

I mean, not as a flag title for the Ultimate line, but as side stories for Spider-Man. They should just make a separate Ultimate Team-Up show for Dini and Man of Action, and leave Ultimate Spider-Man to Bendis. Speaking of Bendis, how was that Spider-Man show from 2003? That should give us some indication of how he writes for television.

[EDIT] Holy shit, I've got the 2.222th reply to the thread.

That show is infamous for Bendis' story about how they disregarded everything he said.

MastaP on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm just really afraid that we're going to end up with something really episodic and detached, with no real character development from episode to episode. Those are how the Man of Action stories and Dini's comics typically play out, and when they announced that there would be a strong focus on team ups, it worried me even more.

So, basically, I'm afraid we'll end up with a characterless spider-man that never matures at all. Pretty much the opposite of Spectacular or of the real Ultimate Spidey book.

It's going to be Brave and the Bold Spider-Man edition

Deal with it

Furu on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Incorrect. No Aquaman analogue. And if you say Namor I will beat you.

Bloods End on
    edited October 2010
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Incorrect. No Aquaman analogue. And if you say Namor I will beat you.

BATB Aquaman is pretty much just Marvel Hercules with a die job.

MastaP on
    edited October 2010
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Who the fuck is Rhys Ifans

Furu on
    edited October 2010
    Furu wrote: »

Welsh actor. Does a lot of British films. Mostly does funny roles but can really pull off the terrifying, psychotic look which makes him a good choice for a supervillain I think. He should pull off a good performance as a nemesis for pete, I'd say that his crazed look is suitable for a Green Goblin myself, though Willem Dafoe was one of the few things good about the previous series.

Solar on
    edited October 2010
    He was the main bad brother in Little Nicky.

TexiKen on
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    As soon as they announced him, for some reason I thought Electro.

noir_blood on
    edited October 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    Furu wrote: »

Welsh actor. Does a lot of British films. Mostly does funny roles but can really pull off the terrifying, psychotic look which makes him a good choice for a supervillain I think. He should pull off a good performance as a nemesis for pete, I'd say that his crazed look is suitable for a Green Goblin myself, though Willem Dafoe was one of the few things good about the previous series.

Ya man... I don't think anyone can top Defoe he was fucking PERFECT for that role. Like Ian Mckellen and Magneto.

Wishpig on

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    noir_blood wrote: »
    My thoughts went to Curt Connors. He looks like he could pull off a mad scientist.

Anyways, I just watched the halloween episode of Spectacular Spider-Man.
    This stuff is great!

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    He looks Vulturey. Or Carnagey.

rhys_wideweb__430x275.jpg

he's creepy looking enough though

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Vulture is who I first thought of.

Tomanta on
    edited October 2010
    Turambar wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »
    My thoughts went to Curt Connors. He looks like he could pull off a mad scientist.

Anyways, I just watched the halloween episode of Spectacular Spider-Man.
    This stuff is great!

Ya but Curt Connors isn't the mad scientist type. He's your normal scientist/professor type... who fucked up on one of his experiments. The whole point of his character is the radical difference between a pretty good guy and crazy scaly monster.

Connors in the first trilogy was dead on.

Wishpig on

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This dude also played the kicker in The Replacements, right? I guess I could IMDB but I'm gonna go ahead and say he did.

cardboard delusions on
  • GankGank Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This dude also played the kicker in The Replacements, right? I guess I could IMDB but I'm gonna go ahead and say he did.

You are correct sir. Also played the funny friend in "Notting Hill" and Eyeball Paul in "Kevin and Perry Go Large". And he would totally make a good vulture. Whip thin and a hook nose. BAM, Toomes.

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg